View Poll Results: Does this happen to you?
Yes 22 44.90%
No 6 12.24%
On occasion 15 30.61%
I plead the fifth or other 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Meyna
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Wahh thank you TelstelNSG1 ^^;

And I agree I think chatting with the artist is good too~ It also helps you draw because you feel it's more personal if you have talked to that person a few times, rather than it being more impersonal. :3

&edit: Finished Nemui~

Last edited by Meyna; 05-21-2008 at 03:07 PM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 05-21-2008, 03:30 PM

For starting this topic alone, I present to you a freebie, Cookie. ^_^

Now, on to the topic.
Yes, it does happen to me too. Especially during my early days of Menewsha when I barely knew anyone on this site. I remember my first Mene event was last year's Halloween, during that time, I was too shy to enter threads because everyone seemed to be having very animated conversations and I don't feel particularly nice butting in. Heck, I was too shy to even say a hello, though most answer, you tend to be forgotten quickly. o3o;

Though, for those threads I DID take the initiative to STAY in although I was somewhat ignored for the most part, I ended up making my first few (long-term) friends from the event.

From that event onwards, I tried becoming more active during events, and when there are no events ongoing during that time, I go around quest and exchange threads to meet other people. That way, I actually got to know a lot more people on Menewsha and I don't feel as intimidated as I was when I first started. However, there ARE still times I become too shy to enter threads because I feel out of place, like you mentioned, because they seem to have 'closer friends' to click with, and it feels rude to intrude in the middle of the conversation. ^_^;

And well, I also draw art, and I find that a nice way to enter a thread without feeling like I was intruding is to present random art freebies to people (like what I'm doing now lol). I don't usually expect anything in return, though, as I actually like drawing Menewsha avatars. It's just nice to see someone appreciate your art, you see. =D

Ah, oh dear. I got carried away again. xD;

tl;dr

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Good morning everyone! I know I just went to bed, but we're supposed to take my aunt out to lunch today, so no good night's sleep for me! D=

Thank you Menya. I try not to overlook people in the threads because I know how it feels, but sometimes the conversation gets so swift. So if I missed greeting anyone, I'm sorry! I'm really happy that you stopped by! So hi to everyone! ^_^

Kaenai: Yes, a lot of them seems so busy. I don't want to be that jerk that adds free art number 582 on top of their pile, though hopefully they'd cut it off before it got that high!

TelstelNSG1 I just need to work up the courage to go in there and say "Hi, I'd like free art!" or even just talk with them. I feel like I'm imposing, even if they've obviously set up a thread for free art.

Wah! Ironic_Depressions! Another cute art! Two in a row, I feel like I'm being smothered in cute arty love. Thank you so much!

I think this event has really helped me blossom *giggles* a bit more on Menewsha. I'm getting more comfortable talking with people, but it still takes a while to get familiar and connect. It's ok in my own threads, but going into other people's threads can still be intimidating. I'll just have to try harder!

Thank you again for the art!

Now I'm off to lunch with my crazy aunt D=

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM

I used to be afraid to ask for freebies...and I still don't really ask. I just kinda start lurking/bouncing around a freebie thread and if I'm feeling brave, I'll actually ask. But I don't think freebie-givers really mind much. I know that I have freebie threads sometimes and I don't care if people ask for freebies, as long as they're nice about it. :3 Don't be shyyyy~!

Have a nice lunch too...:3

Meyna
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-21-2008, 05:02 PM

Yes yes have a nice lunch. x)
This events helped me too, because I only joined a few days ago, it means there's something to talk about. :3

And Ironic_Depressions, such a pretty picture~ x)

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Thank you. I got some early birthday presents from my dad. I got a platypus necklace. X3

And I got that art in another thread, while it's not exactly a freebie, I'm still getting a little pixel me. Yay!

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 05-22-2008, 02:42 AM

meyna omg i just saw the art is so adorable.
i luff it!!!
thank you so much!!!

sakayora
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 AM

Awww! The same thing happens with me! X3

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 AM

sakayora: It's an epidemic of shyness!

I tried to start up a thread just to hang out in earlier, but it died while everything was lagging D= Maybe you'll want to revive it with me? Wallflower Corner - A place for Shy people!

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 05-22-2008, 07:22 PM

can someone give me feedback on this doll

the base isn't mine
"I found these doll bases on a website called Precious Pixels KH http://www.kawaiihannah.com and give full credit to the artist, 'Hannah Malcolm' [email protected] who gave me permission to use them on 5/23/2008 by the rules page on her website"
please let me know if you like it or not

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-22-2008, 07:36 PM

@_@ Free stuff period intimidates me... I've always had a fear of free stuff because I thought I should be paying for a person's hard work.

I remember once at a garage sale a lady told me I could have a couple of the items... and I payed for them anyways >.<

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM

It's really cute TelstelNSG1! I just want to pinch its little chibi cheeks. XD

Free stuff doesn't always intimidate me. I like free things (cause I can be cheap >_>) but going into those threads and asking for it makes me nervous.

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 05-22-2008, 08:06 PM

I don't know that many people here - so I feel like most of these threads are meant for people they know, and I don't want to be just some strange person running in asking for something I didn't earn. What if they feel like they have to give me something because they gave their friend something, but didn't really want to? Or worse, what if I just get ignored? Then I'm all embarrassed that I even tried. I just don't go into freebie threads unless I'm there to chat randomly.

It's scary.

I've been ingored before and I just think it's safer for me to wait until I'm not questing and have the spare gold to simply buy something.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-22-2008, 08:08 PM

Exactly. It can be nerve wracking! And being ignored sucks a lot. =/