WhenEverythingFails
Coffee Connoisseur

Old 04-10-2019, 03:51 AM

This is a private role play between Kat Dakuu: and myself, meaning no one is permitted to post but more than welcome to read :).

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2019, 01:48 AM

"Jean-Pierre Basile Legrand, The Order has summoned-"

The young man turned, honey colored waves whipping around around his shoulders. Instantly, his ruddy eyes narrowed when he found not one, but a whole trio of men blocking the doorway of his favorite bookstore. However, after another flick of his eyes, he dismissed the official and two soldiers as if they meant nothing. Shoving the tome back onto its shelf, he huffed and went back to his quest for knowledge.

"Basile, please. No one but my mother calls me Jean-Pierre," he managed in a curt tone. Honestly, this was growing old though. He was just another citizen of a border city, orphaned, taken in by a scholar, and apparently a mage. Well, he'd known for a long time that he had an affinity for the magics. Anyone who met him would know that magic ran in his veins. However, the problem was his particular brand of light magic. Every book he read indicated that wondrous things could be done with his power. That was perhaps why his particular breed died out...for the greed of other mages.

Mostly died out, anyway.

Sighing again, Basile managed to shrug past the men still trying to get his attention, still babbling about his obligation to The Order, to the people, and most importantly, their paychecks. "Look, I have no intention of leaving this city, so if you've nothing better to offer me for my time, I've got people to tend to. So..."

"That's what I figured you would say." The official alone blocked his way as he gestured to someone outside the door this time, far enough back that Basile couldn't get a good sight on him. He was tempted to utter a simple light spell just to make the shadows and distance into nothing, but that sort of showboating would get him nowhere and defeated his purpose of pushing away the contingency of mages who wanted nothing more than to pull him into their ranks. But he wouldn't. Oh no, he wouldn't let anyone bully him out of the front lines because he was special. "That is why we have decided to assign a bodyguard to you. Until you decide otherwise about our offer."

Basile's eyes flared wide. "Excuse me?! I do not need looking after! And I will not change my mind!" He whirled past the official and out into the town's streets where he presumed his assigned bodyguard waited for him. This guy had another thing coming if he thought Basile would play along. "You!" He jabbed a finger in the stranger's direction. "State your name and loyalties!"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-16-2019 at 04:19 AM..