Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-08-2014, 12:59 AM

Your Hosts:

DariaMorgendorfer
Hey folks! You may have seen me on such shows as "Beavis and Butthead" and MTV's "Daria". Now, I make my happy little home here on Menewsha, bring sarcasm and humor to all it's good little girls and boys. I am really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Helpful hints from Daria:
Be creative! Originality goes a long way with me. I have a huge sense of humor, so if your avatar makes me giggle, you probably have a winner. Please no icky avatars (i.e. pain, torture, bloody, etc.) This should be fun so, above all else, have fun!

Linnea
Yo, Linny here, your friendly neighborhood color coordinator. I've been around Mene for a while now and have come far in terms of colors and layers and I have learned from the best Mene has to offer. Now it's time to put my eye to good use! Show me colors and show me creativity! Do it and reap the rewards!

Helpful hints from Linnea: Please, please, PLEASE remember to follow the directions! That being said, I really like to see clever ways of using items and neat ways of layering. Doing what everyone else is doing is boring. Be bold! Also for this particular contest, choosing an unusual color is better than looking a lot like everyone else

neller
Hey there, I'm neller and I'm all for a greatly themed avatar. I can be found searching Menewhsa for those avatars that make me laugh, gawk and wonder "how did they do that?" I love to learn what Menewshan's offer creatively and can't wait to see what ideas you guys can come up with! Creativity counts!

Helpful hints from neller: I love to see items used in ways that they have never been used before! There is more to an avatar than the avatar itself, so always consider a background to match your theme! Item flow, consistency and layering are important, so make sure your items are in theme and look nice together!

Last edited by Linnea; 10-28-2014 at 09:47 PM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 AM

Rules
Read the rules and follow 'em. That's all I ask! XD Make sure you read them all too, because there may be something in the rules that's necessary for your entry...
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, we'll know, so just don't bother. XD
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the DAC to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM Linnea, or Daria if you want to change anything.
  • Entries must be submitted by the end of the event. Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends. Please note, contests like this tend to take a bit of time to judge, so be patient with us, we want to make sure each avatar is carefully considered so we look at them with extreme detail and care

Prizes
We'll choose first, second, and third place winners in each of the categories. Other prizes might be added as the event goes on, depending on the amount of entries received.

Prizes are as follows:
First place: 5,000g
Second place: 3,000g
Third place: 1,000g

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 10-16-2014 at 03:21 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 AM

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil
An Avatar Colors Contest

It's my favorite time of year again, my lovely little goblins and ghouls! Halloween is all about creativity and I want to see what you all can do with a little freakish freedom The only colors allowed for this contest are: black, gray (that includes silver), white and only one shade of one color of your choosing... but that's not the tricky part!

So you might be wondering what the title of this contest has to do with colors. Well, in reality, it doesn't buuuut there is one more requirement! Your avatar must be missing at least one of these things: eyes, mouth or ears (I know you can't unequip ears, so just hide the suckers with hair or an item or something).

Per usual instructions, you must match your hair and eyes, as well as skin that can be equipped.

So I think that's it this time. If there are any questions please ask. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil
A Colors Contest Entry!
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[B][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Purple"][B]See [/COLOR]no evil, [COLOR="Purple"]Hear [/COLOR]no evil, [COLOR="Purple"]Speak [/COLOR]no evil [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]A Colors Contest Entry![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]
Entries:

~Longcat~star2000shadowshadami

SuperZombiePotatoeGummyBearKissesRoxxxy

RoachiKiyotoSadrain

shinigamikarasuGwenaHikariEirianHikari

MagelingAntagonistElirona

dragoness129XoGIZMOoXKamikaze Kendra

NephilaWoodlandnymphKent

blueblackroseascadelliaSuona

Rochiel Silverfirebloodstainedwingsspicedroses

VelvetKatMagentasjacklene

VoxSeito

Last edited by Linnea; 11-05-2014 at 03:40 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 10-16-2014, 12:05 AM

Join the Menewsha Freak Show
This year, we want to really push you guys to be creative, innovative, and creepy! (Note: Creepy does not mean covered in blood and gore). This contest is challenging you to make your own sideshow freak. In case you don't know what a sideshow freak is, our friend Dictionary.com helped us with definitions.

Quote:
sideshow
/ˈsaɪdˌʃəʊ/
noun
a small show or entertainment offered in conjunction with a larger attraction, as at a circus or fair

freak
[freek] Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
1. any abnormal phenomenon or product or unusual object; anomaly; aberration.

To be a good freak, I want to see your most original, creative and fun avatar. Please add in a small description of your sideshow freak's act, this must be at least 3 sentences long.

To win this contest, your entry will have an awesome creative, creepy fun avatar and an awesome creative fun description to match!

Here is an example entry! I am dressed up as a Mermaid which is often shown in skeleton form in Freak Shows.
I want to join The Menewsha Freak Show!
Username: DariaMorgendorfer
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: My Freak Show act is a skeleton of a mermaid! I move around my skeletal head and arms around to scare freak show guests! Watch out, I might just point at you! BOO!

I Want to Join the Menewsha Freak Show!

Username:
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW:
Reference pic (optional)

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] [B][SIZE="7"]I want to join [COLOR="purple"]The[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Menewsha[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Freak[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Show![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[b]Tell me about your FREAK SHOW:[/b]
[b]Reference pic (optional)[/B]

Entries
Username:Shadami
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW:This DJ may not look creepy or spooky. But if the petals she calls up during certain songs happen to circle around you, you may just find yourself losing hours, or even days. She casts numerous spells with them, the simplest one being hypnosis and sleep. If she wants to keep you there listening to her music, you may not have the choice to leave.

Username:~LONGCAT~
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW:A thing in a jar, some old medical specimen. Truly deformed and bizarre. Wait!! Did that one blink!?!
Reference pic (optional)

Username: SuperZombiePotatoe

Image of My Entry:

Carnival master: Hey kid! Would you go to a freak show to see a real superhero?
Kid: Nope. It could just be a guy in tights.
Carnival master: What about to see zombie?
Kid: Maybe. They're always fun, but the same moaning and gurgling is getting a bit old.
Carnival master:How about a potato?
Kid: You're kidding, right? *turns to leave*
Carnival master: Ah, wait! What about a Super Zombie with a sack of Potatoes?
Kid: *turns back* A what?!
Carnival master: You heard me, kid. Never seen one those, have ya?
Kid: Can't say I have.
Carnival master: Well, then it's you're lucky day! Come on in and have a look at one of the wonders of the world! A Super Zombie who loves Potatoes. She's virtually invincible. She can't feel pain 'cause she's, you know, dead and she can grow back limbs if she loses one 'cause of her spectacular- Opps! Better not talk about that. It's a secret. But, between you and me, those aren't ordinary potatoes *winks*
Kid: Oh, boy! I'll go fetch my friends!

Username:GummyBearKisses =)
Image of My Entry:Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Ladies and gents over on our main stage feast your eyes upon the hottest bachelor you will ever see. It's HELL BOY, born outta wedlock he's the son of Satan and his mother was a wild woman a real life wilderbeast. With skills of spontaneous combustion this dude is one hot tamale. =)
Reference pic (optional)

Username: KatMagenta
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: There are those who say he must be supernatural or a visitor from... the other side. Some say he was a normal man- just like you and me- until one day his muscles simply wasted away. All your humble host can do is invite you to marvel at the wonders of a Living Skeleton!
Reference pic (optional) Based on Isaac W. Sprague "The Living Skeleton"

Username: XoGIZMOoX
Image of My Entry:

Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Hairietta is a well known lady. Some call her the bearded woman while others call her the local drunk. No one knows why this freak loves soo much hair. Maybe it's hormones. Maybe she thinks it's a kitty. Maybe she is too lazy to buy a razor. Whatever the case may be one things for sure she sure loves to get drunk and run around nakie with panties on her head. Ya know something I think I know why she's harry it's so she can act a fool then go shave and no one knows it was her. (HAIRY DISGUISE) ^.^

Username: blueblackrose
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Some people just can't seem to leave mother nature alone and have to try to take things into their own hands. What we have here is the result of an alchemist's tampering with nature. Taking several different animals he combined them to create this chimera. Unfortunately this creature took that man's life. Don't get too close now or call the creature names or you might just end up like the alchemist.

Username: Kamikaze Kendra
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Step right up ladies and gents! Oh, but not too close there is a reason that we have a barrier set up in this tent after all! And that waiver that you signed when you bought your ticket... Feast your eyes on the prized pet of our little show, our very own chimaera! Body of a horse, legs of a goat, head of a majestic deer, mane of a lion and wings of a crow... it's like a genetics experiment gone wrong! Only, we found this thing in the wild! Or, well, the people we bought it from found it somewhere in Greece. Don't mind the chains, they're just a precaution... and no flash photography please! These things breathe fire so it's not exactly in your best interest to go startling it...
Reference pic (optional)

Username: Seito
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Step right up to see the world's first living tree woman! She has a skin condition that makes it look like she's turning into a tree each day. Like the Ent from Lords of the Rings, she moves slowly and surely! Step up and be amazed!
Reference pic Picture Link to Article

Username: Suona
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: "Hello, ladies and gents, and thank you for joining us for our show tonight. Allow me to introduce our beautiful and talented belly dancer...Rumenantia." Curtains draw and the lights are dimmed as a hauntingly catchy tune seems to appear out of nowhere. From the shadows saunters the lovely Rumenantia, wrapped in a ribbon and dancing delicately to the beat of the music. The beat picks up and her speed increases, in a swift movement she spins and unravels herself from the ribbon, revealing a completely bare mid-drift. But wait, it seems a bit more bare than most? Where is the rest of her? She swirls in a beautiful dance that can only be described as art, bringing a whole new meaning to belly dancing as everyone's eyes cannot be drawn away from her. The music reaches a climax and she swirls to the floor in a finish and the audience breaks out in applause. "Even we freaks can be beautiful and alluring."
Reference pic (optional) inspired by Alexander Ribs from Cirque du Freak, but a slightly different twist

Username:Nephila
Image of My Entry:
"Step right up and watch the young and lovely Lizard Lady of Menewsha. Lisa-May is her name. She's the crafty sort. Built her own terrarium with her families inheritance. -Woman folk and money right gents? Oh my! Seems it's time for her lunch. Watch! That one's still live and wiggling. Oooooo down it goes. Later on. . .For all you gentleman of a wealthy, un-wedded caste she'll show those scales go all the way down. In a one of a kind burlesque performance."
Reference pic (optional)

Username: Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: "Ahem..What is she? Some consider her similar to the "Missing Link", while others choose to believe she is simply and fully tattooed lady looking for fame. But folks, she is real. Meet the Lizard Lady. Yeah, I know, not a very created name, but she feels it suits her the best. Why is she in a tank, you ask? Because this odd creature thrives in the water. Swims faster than any human and can hold her breath for an unlimited amount of time. Who needs to always breathe air when you also have gills??! AMAZING FOLKS!"[COLOR="lightseagreen"]

Username: dragoness129
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: A real live bird lady. She will get up on stage and lay an egg as part of her act. Good thing the eggs she lays are always empty. The world would not want to see a lot of birdmen taking over the world.

Username: sjacklene
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Come on, step right up! Black Beauty is the one and only live mermaid.
Reference pic (optional)

Username: Woodlandnymph
Image of My Entry:
Tell me about your FREAK SHOW: Bunny (as she likes to be called) has a form of oculocutaneous albinism. So she is very sensitive to the sunlight, and has pale features and eyes. She was born and bred carnie; her mother is the tightrope walker and her father the strong man...So she's left to her own devices mostly, staying under the tents and having tea parties and treats with whoever will stop by to say, 'hi!' She decided one day to play dress up and set up her own little "Wonderland" corner of the show filled with lacy things, tea, and crumpets.

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 11-05-2014 at 03:33 AM..

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 10-16-2014, 12:52 AM

It Happened to Someone I Know!
A Group Avatar Contest

Urband Legends and Ghost Stories: we've all heard them. Those tales that are mind boggling, but aren't quite out of the realm of possibility. Of course, we know they're not real. Or, at least, we hope they're not....

For this group contest, I ask that you visualize your favorite urban legend or ghost story. I don't want original fiction; I want an actual tale that's told from person to person. If you need a little guidance or inspiration, here's some wiki pages:
Urban legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ghost story - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RULES
1. There has to be at least 2 people to compose a group.
2. Your story of choice should already be existing. Please, no original work!
3. It can be a tale told in any culture. Have some fun researching!
4. Please, post the story, quoted or linked, with your group's entry.
5. I will have to deny any overly gore-y entries. Gore is fun, but don't over do it.
6. Don't limit yourself to the links I've shared. Do some research! Get creative. Have fun!

A Friend of a Friend once told Me...
Usernames:
Images of Group Entry:
What's your tale?:

Quote:
[B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A Friend[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]of a Friend[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]once told Me...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B]Usernames:[/B]
[B]Images of Group Entry:[/B]
[b]What's your tale?:[/b]

Entries:

Usernames:
Maha-Aamir ~ Girl kid ghost in brown dress
SuperZombiePotatoe ~ Girl kid ghost in purple
shinigamikarasu ~ Girl kid ghost in blue grey with brown pigtails
Nephila ~ Driver (alive) car pushed by the ghost kids (dj booth is our car includes round weapon as steering wheel)
XoGIZMOoX ~ Nun teacher ghost in black with cross
AliciaNwonderland ~ Girl kid ghost holding teddybear
Bloodstainedwings ~ The train (it hit our bus) avi~less entry
Sjacklene ~ Boy kid ghost in grey with grey hair
Images of Group Entry:
shinigamikarasu SuperZombiePotatoe BloodStainedWings XoGIZMOoX Maha-Aamir

Nephila sjacklene AliciaNwonderland

What's your tale?: The haunted tracks of San Antonio A bus full of kids was hit by a train and the nun teacher and the kids haunt the tracks
LINKS: Weird Texas
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/phot...dGhost-280.jpg

MADE BY MAHA ^..^

Usernames:
OUR TEAM
CHUCKY / Roachi
BRIDE OF CHUCKY / GummyBearKisses
BOY DOLL CHUCKYS KID / Elirona
GIRL DOLL CHUCKYS KID / Shadami
CHUCKY,S HUMAN OWNER ANDY / liquidrage
Images of Group Entry:
LIQUIDRAGE
ELIRONAROACHISHADAMIGUMMYBEARKISSES

What's your tale?:

The Urban Legend Of Robert The Doll
BASICALLY it's a real story of a possessed doll named Robert that kills talks etc.
CHILD'S PLAY Chucky films are roughly based on this real Robert doll and it's urban legends
Robert the Doll
WE ARE DOING THIS AS THE CHUCKY CHARACTERS

Usernames:From Left to Right: Ascadellia, ~LONGCAT~, Seito, CK, Mythos

Images of Group Entry:

Searching for proof, CJ, Victim #1, Victim #2, Vicitm #3 (no hope for this one)

What's your tale?:The urban legend of Candl- Oops! Don't want to say it! We went with CoondleJark, one of supposedly many boogie men. This particular boogie man is summoned by speaking his name out loud. Whether some one is stupid enough to say CardleJock or slips up, it is said that he appears to take them away. CanderLack related disappearances seem to occur in higher frequencies during camping adventures or halloween parties where those who don't believe the story speak his name. Carrying a candle to light his way and plenty of rope to tie up his victims Candlejack really is a ... did I just say h---

Last edited by neller; 11-06-2014 at 06:47 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 AM

Reservations please!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-16-2014, 02:34 AM

and one for me

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 10-16-2014, 10:53 PM

One for me!

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 02:23 AM

This sounds awesome!!!

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 02:31 AM

I love avatar contests! :D

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:49 AM

i will definitely do something in here hehehe

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 10-30-2014, 02:53 AM

Bring em! We love us some awesome avatars!

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 10-30-2014, 03:32 AM

GIZZIE NEEDS A GROUP FOR THE THEME SEE MY THREAD FOR MY IDEA AND JOIN ME PLEASE ^.^

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 10-30-2014, 03:52 AM

Ahh! I can't wait to start brainstorming for this!

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 10-30-2014, 04:06 AM

r u kidding. monochrome ftw.

Might be entering that one!~

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 10-30-2014, 04:20 AM

Seiki Nova: What do you mean MIGHT! DOOO ETTE!

Seiki Nova

Old 10-30-2014, 04:21 AM

I'm.. sort of working on an entry. Toying with an idea.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 04:23 AM

YES! The awesomeness has arrived! *hugs thread*

Seiki Nova

Old 10-30-2014, 04:56 AM

Balance is hard. So is choosing an accent color DX

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 10-30-2014, 05:30 AM

I am sure you can do a fabulous job

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 AM

Interesting categories!

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 07:12 AM

*subscribes*
Cool categories! :)

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 AM

Sounds awesome:) I won't be participation tho only new and don't have much to compete with Lol but good luck to everyone:)

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 10-30-2014, 03:50 PM

Hmm I so's gotta do this.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 10-30-2014, 08:52 PM

i must start working on my entry right away!!!