Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-06-2013, 11:10 PM

Choose your own Adventure

Ever wanted to write an epic adventure?
Did you want to share in the magic and mystery with others before it was finished?
How about we all get together and have a little fun while we're at it? Okay, let's get to it!

How to Play:

- I'll post a story opener and three options of progression.
- The next person picks one of those three, quotes it, and then creates three options for the next poster.
- This continues until the event ends and threads are closed. The last poster will be hailed as a hero for the 12 ages of this wooooorld.
- To add to the excitement there is a theme cycle in this game. To make it obvious which theme people are posting in. These will cycle in rainbow order.

Themes:

Red - Dangerous Puzzle
Orange - Fairy Tale or Story Reference
Yellow - Let's Get Silly!
Green - Change of Location
Blue - Emotional Decision
Purple - Mystery and/or Magic

Rules:

- Game text should always be bolded and in color... Hangout text should never be bolded
- Every option must follow the theme you have been assigned by your posting position (IE: color theme).

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Story Opener:
The fog was think on the top of the hill. You could hardly see the trees which surrounded the house through the mist, but they were there. Like a jagged fence, they seemed to shut off the building from the outside world almost entirely. You were lost in the woods last night and found the place as a fortunate refuge from the rain but now it doesn't feel as much of a blessing as you first assumed.

Suddenly you hear a howl from nearby.

A) Close the tattered curtains and hide in the dark. Nothing could find you there!
B) Leave the room, go upstairs and fine someplace more secure.
C) Go out into the darkness and confront this beast. You're not afraid of anything!

You are now free to make Game and Hangout posts!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 PM

'peeks in' hey Mythos

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-06-2013, 11:38 PM

Hey star, how are you doing tonight?

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 AM

I want the purple. Magic! ^_^

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
Hey star, how are you doing tonight?
throat hurts, threw up, and its overly hot 'sigh'

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Story Opener:
The fog was think on the top of the hill. You could hardly see the trees which surrounded the house through the mist, but they were there. Like a jagged fence, they seemed to shut off the building from the outside world almost entirely. You were lost in the woods last night and found the place as a fortunate refuge from the rain but now it doesn't feel as much of a blessing as you first assumed.

Suddenly you hear a howl from nearby.

A) Close the tattered curtains and hide in the dark. Nothing could find you there!
B) Leave the room, go upstairs and fine someplace more secure.
C) Go out into the darkness and confront this beast. You're not afraid of anything!

You are now free to make Game and Hangout posts!
You rush to a corner of the room and curl up, shaking and trembling. When is sunrise again? There was something definitely surreal about the place. As each howl erupted into the night air, a brush of something filtered through the air. Little mist droplets began gathering in dancing around the house. Some started to build up near the closest window. It is like the howl is a magical song, intoxicating these strange blue misty beings as they moved faster and faster. You stumble backwards and fall down. Looking beside you, you see what looked like a magical wand laying on the floor beside you.

A)Go hide in a nearby closet.
B)Pick up the wand and experiment with it.
C)Run outside in an attempt to flee this strange place.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
You rush to a corner of the room and curl up, shaking and trembling. When is sunrise again? There was something definitely surreal about the place. As each howl erupted into the night air, a brush of something filtered through the air. Little mist droplets began gathering in dancing around the house. Some started to build up near the closest window. It is like the howl is a magical song, intoxicating these strange blue misty beings as they moved faster and faster. You stumble backwards and fall down. Looking beside you, you see what looked like a magical wand laying on the floor beside you.

A)Go hide in a nearby closet.
B)Pick up the wand and experiment with it.
C)Run outside in an attempt to flee this strange place.

You didn't believe in hocus pocus or abracadabra but at this moment, between a corner and a...blue misty place you choose to put your faith in the curious stick of wood you see lying on the floor. Imagining yourself as Harry Potter your shout, "Especto patronum!" and brandish the thing in front of you like your life depends on it (which it very probably does). When nothing happens, leaving you feeling foolish, you decide to:

A) Go for that flashlight you've spotted in the other corner, maybe making scary faces will chase away those shadowy creatures?
B) Obviously the shadows weren't dementors so you try another spell.
C) Screw magic wands! Grab the nearest broom and zip away like a pro quidditch player.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-07-2013 at 09:07 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 AM

Quote:

How to Play:

- To add to the excitement there is a theme cycle in this game. To make it obvious which theme people are posting in. These will cycle in rainbow order.

Themes:

Red - Dangerous Puzzle
Orange - Fairy Tale or Story Reference
Yellow - Let's Get Silly!
Green - Change of Location
Blue - Emotional Decision
Purple - Mystery and/or Magic

Rules:

- Every option must follow the theme you have been assigned by your posting position (IE: color theme).
you skipped yellow, green, and blue...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2013, 03:11 AM

Oops, I didn't realize we had to go in order. I'll edit.

---------- Post added 07-06-2013 at 11:14 PM ----------

Okay, done.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 AM

Wow, sounds like a pretty 'wild' game!

maidenroseheart

Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post

You didn't believe in hocus pocus or abracadabra but at this moment, between a corner and a...blue misty place you choose to put your faith in the curious stick of wood you see lying on the floor. Imagining yourself as Harry Potter your shout, "Especto patronum!" and brandish the thing in front of you like your life depends on it (which it very probably does). When nothing happens, leaving you feeling foolish, you decide to:

A) Go for that flashlight you've spotted in the other corner, maybe making scary faces will chase away those shadowy creatures?
B) Obviously the shadows weren't dementors so you try another spell.
C) Screw magic wands! Grab the nearest broom and zip away like a pro quidditch player.
Grabbing the broom and holding it in front of yourself in a defense posture, you inch out the door. Standing on the front porch, you shudder in suspense. This isn't what you had planned for tonight at all. Looking through the moonlight down the hill, you see a car pass on a highway far below. It was a long ways though. Turning, you glance the other way and see another house just past a few spooky trees. What should you do?

A) Run back inside.
B) Inch hesitantly past the spooky trees for the next house over.
C) Go into a dead run for the highway!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Omg this looks like crazy fun... but goshes so difficult. when i'm posting in SO MANY PLACES

maidenroseheart

Old 07-07-2013, 02:15 PM

mass posting can be crazy... I tend to pick a few threads and stay put...

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 PM

I don't. i like to talk everywhere!! and every game i possibly can. cause i love games <3

maidenroseheart

Old 07-07-2013, 02:20 PM

lol that is overkill for me... speaking off.... I must go to bed or won't be able to move come morning

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 PM

aww... Maimai, nighty night.

I want to be as superb as you too, Shadamimi! O__O

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
throat hurts, threw up, and its overly hot 'sigh'
O_O; Are you often ill like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Omg this looks like crazy fun... but goshes so difficult. when i'm posting in SO MANY PLACES
Yeah... It does take up a good bit of time, but it is fun! I'm glad y'all have picked it up and I'm excited to see where it goes! Just remember to bold things-- and we'll probably have to figure out something for yellow. It is a bit hard to read, isn't it?

Quote:
lol that is overkill for me... speaking off.... I must go to bed or won't be able to move come morning
See you later, Maiden! Sleep well!

Hiya, Xu! How are you doing?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2013, 02:59 PM

*Waits for someone else to add to the story*

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Goodnight maiden. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
aww... Maimai, nighty night.

I want to be as superb as you too, Shadamimi! O__O
o.o i'm not superb. i just can type fast... and if i don't have lots of threads that nothing is posted in and i have no where to post and i go GAH.
Quote:
O_O; Are you often ill like that?

Yeah... It does take up a good bit of time, but it is fun! I'm glad y'all have picked it up and I'm excited to see where it goes! Just remember to bold things-- and we'll probably have to figure out something for yellow. It is a bit hard to read, isn't it?

See you later, Maiden! Sleep well!

Hiya, Xu! How are you doing?
yeah it is. I higlighted it so i could read it.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 PM

I fainted with yellow colour.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2013, 03:12 PM

Yeah, I was trying to think how to make that more visible and gave up. My best suggestion would be to highlight it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 03:21 PM

I'm still trying to think of what an emotional turning point would possibly be. >.<

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Yeah... maybe another color for the code maybe... "Sand"?

It doesn't have to be like.. romance or sadness, Emotion-- I was thinking about any emotion being involved. :D

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 03:41 PM

yes but still. i'm bad at emotional decisions.. xD i'm struggling to come up with something. ooo maybe i've got something.. I'll see if someone else posts first though :x