CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 AM

I'm making this thread as a general discussion on the Halloween 2011 event item commons and rares. Feel free to discuss either!

Tell me anything you like about the items.

For example: Your favorite color sets, your favorite items in a set, your favorite EI; etc.

Sandy
Paws Up!
Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Fav color set, the one I am wearing, black and white, my favorite colors lol
Fav ei would be the first one, with the awesome blakc and white wings! xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 12:34 PM

Cool. :3 Any particular reason(s) you like those items?

For instance, do you like black and white because it's traditional for a maid outfit, or because you just like black and white items?

And for the EI, is it your favorite because of the wings or for some other reason? :3

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM

I favor the minty loli set. I only wish there would have been a black and green version of it to counter the white one. I like it best because I am a big fan of the color green. I make it a point every event to get the green commons that come out if nothing else. As for the EIs I like the first one as well. I am a wing fan and like how simple and clean they look. I already can see several avi ideas that will include them. I think yall did a great job on the event. :)

Sandy
Paws Up!
Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Well anything black and white that matches together is what i love!!

Its not much a maid outfit if i take off the apron, so I can wear it any time ^^

as for the ei... its mainly for the wings and I didnt like much the other ei's so this is why it's my fav from all 5 ^^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Makes sense. :3

It's really interesting/great to hear more specifics about what people like or want from their commons and rares. Some people just list their favorites or least favorites without explaining "why". So it's more difficult for us to give more users what they want next time. :3

Other thoughts welcome. x3

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM

I do have to agree with the above statement that I didnt like most of the EIs this go around. I mean the work on them is great good color and all but as far as funcunality for me not so much. I don't see myself ever using most of the EI items. I am getting a full set of them though just in case that assumption on my part ever changes. I would love to see a traditional like EI set some day like back to the origins of the holiday where you left pumpkins carved out for protection against evil, wore a mask or painted your face so the spirits would mistake you as one of them. And you left food out in honor of the dead and for the demons who walked when the veil was down. Very autumn and macabre. But then again I am an odd one..lol

The commons this event though came out amazing the colors were varied and rich. And there were fun designs. I haven't been this excited about a commons release since the Christmas drop with the ginger bread like dresses. I don't think you could have done any better on this events commons. And I look forward to the next holiday to see what yall come up with. :)

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 01:06 PM

I liked all the EIs, although I don't think I'll manage to collect enough candies to get the last one.

I especially like the one with the witch's hat that much resembles the choosing hat from Harry Potter, because of just that. :D

The other EIs are awesome too, I like the Trick and Treat devil and angel idea... I think that idea is cute.

Haven't really paid attention to the commons this time, but I do like the Kerry reading glasses.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM

The banana costume. That is all.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 PM

My favorite commons are the Kong Fu tops
Because they look so nice when you add like a corset under

I love the whole maid set minus the feather duster
My favorite color being Bluebell, because I love blue

I also love the Onassis Sunglasses
The best ever

Lol and the name candyass for a color is so funny

As for as the EI
I think each has something I like in them
But if I had to pic one I would pick the first one
Mainly for the wings
Magical Mysteries are great too, love those hats

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM

I quite like that there were maybe two clear common item sets, multi colors and a plethora of accessories, without overdoing it.

Also, the EIs were cute, and I liked how they started with the common theme of the candy carries, branching out to really cute items, like the Trick or Treat ghosts, or the spooky outfit peices.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM

I love the Plague Doctor items! They remind me of the guy who looked like a plague-bird-thing from the manga series Berserk. :eager: I'm also loving the lolita maid stuff, they look quite good on my avatar. :lol:

Favorite colors are dark colors, as usual, I thought a pink Plague Doctor just looks weird, but that's me...:sweat: The lighter color for the maids' outfits are very pretty too. I like the many colors for them since it gives a lot of space for imagination and randomness. :)

As for the Event Items, while I like the Trick and Treat ghosties, I'm not sure what I'd use them for...but they're really adorable anyway so I'm cool with just staring at them in my inventory. :lol: Also...I lol'd hard at the banana outfit. :rofl: I've always wanted bloody eyes too, so the bloody eye socket pose is just perfect! Now for more poses that have blood coming down from the forehead...:ninja:

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM

Oh I should add that each goodie bag its self is very cute
Love the colors

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM

I agree there I will be using the green glow pail myself next year more than likely. :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Thank you guys so much for the feedback. :3

So far I'm not sure if there's a general consensus on EIs having an "overall, unified theme" or if you guys like that they are "assorted individually, but each EI works in and of itself".
^ By the above, I mean, do you guys like it the way we did it this time, where you could kind of find a random assortment of items in each EI, but (except for Trick/Treat) they don't relate to each other directly - thus giving a variety of items?
Or would you have preferred if they all worked together as one "set" (like, for a very poor example, the Valentines 2007 EIs)?

Just out of curiosity, so we will have a better idea of what to try for with Winter Nights. :)

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM

I like having a theme to them like the val set. But as long as the randomness has a purpose that could draw it together I am flexible. But I am a matching freak when it comes to my avi most of the time so I like the unity of a theme set. >.<

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 07:20 PM

i love the blue beastie bucket and wingies.

i had hoped for some halloweenish backgrounds, like say glowing fogs or something?

i also like the teeth and the sorting hats.

excellent job wishie!

for the winter's night festival items i would love some featherie wings for the head and feetsies.
some snowie-ish fur items, like a hand warmer and fox wrap.
some smaller snowflakes with an additonal swirling option would be heaven for me.
and since i adore backgrounds, a winter wonderland background.

did i push wishie over a pixelated cliff?
i sure hope not because we loves her so very much.

Last edited by hummy; 11-07-2011 at 07:24 PM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2011, 02:05 AM

Hahaha. :3

Well, this wasn't precisely a "what, specifically, do you want from Winter Nights items" - but, the Community Discussion forum often has a "wishlist" or "speculation" thread for what will be coming for upcoming events. :) People don't seem to do them much anymore, but I can promise the staff looks at them.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 AM

I LOVE THE CANDY BUCKETS. Not necessarily what's in them (I didn't care for the angel/devil ghosts) but the buckets themselves are adorable, and I loved the colors picked.

I also loved the Lolita/maid items too, especially the skirts, headbands, and the socks. I also LOVE the Jeweled bows.
The sunglasses and glasses also made me really happy! I've been hoping for more for a long time so I must admit I was very excited when I saw them.

The color palette was also pretty good this time around too.

Ottersaurus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 02:32 AM

I'm positively in love with everything from the Plague Doctor set. The release of that set gave me a lot of items I'd been looking around for and I was really excited to see that suddenly they existed!

I also really like all of the sunglasses and glasses. So many eye-ware type items really made me really happy! I think the items this year are absolutely fantastic and I couldn't have asked for more.

Protagonist
(╯°□°)╯...
Send a message via AIM to Protagonist Send a message via MSN to Protagonist

Old 11-08-2011, 02:32 AM

I indeed like the banana costume.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2011, 02:57 AM

Awesome. :3 This is all great feedback. :3

And now BD's costume is making me trip out... juuust a little bit. xD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Awesome. :3 This is all great feedback. :3

And now BD's costume is making me trip out... juuust a little bit. xD
CK ~~ ghostie hummy and Fauxreal just call Beautiful Disaster, 'nanner!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Hahaha. :3

Well, this wasn't precisely a "what, specifically, do you want from Winter Nights items" - but, the Community Discussion forum often has a "wishlist" or "speculation" thread for what will be coming for upcoming events. :) People don't seem to do them much anymore, but I can promise the staff looks at them.
oh, sorry CK.
ghostie hummy has been stifled as of late being stalked by her assassin and she has been known to bloviate!

Protagonist
(╯°□°)╯...
Send a message via AIM to Protagonist Send a message via MSN to Protagonist

Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 AM

Haha, I love this one xD

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 AM

I really like the burnt orange items, for some reason. It's a nice color. <3
And we can never have enough ivory!! X3

I loved the E.Is this event, they're very versatile. Especially the first one that came out. And the ghosties... *huggles them*