View Poll Results: Does this happen to you?
Yes 22 44.90%
No 6 12.24%
On occasion 15 30.61%
I plead the fifth or other 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 AM

I think we need to start a club of people who are shy about this! Then artists can come in and woo us out of out money XD

Well wasashu, I would do that, but I can't draw! I wouldn't want to rip anyone off by giving them some crappy doodle by me T_T

wasashu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 AM

>w< sometimes i'm shy, and it's hard for me to come up with anything to say. i guess people who give out freebies in their threads is a gamble at times for me. sometimes it depends on how long you stay to chat or if they like an avi. oh well~

Chuck
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 AM

I get really shy when I'm around artists that I admire.. and don't really know. hehe. So most of the time, I lurk. ^_^ Then when I actually meet the artist and talk, they'd bring up a past issue, and I'd say, "Oh yeah! I read that before in your other thread."

Then they'd think I'm stalking them. o_o

So.. I try not to.. get so shy. xD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 07:20 AM

Even on the internet the shy people have trouble. #>_># I guess we just need to try a little harder to put out foot out and not faint when talking to people ^_^;; Not that I've ever fainted when talking to people, but for some people, it's really hard!

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 07:23 AM

Hey!
I am the same way except I just post seeing as I never get freebies.
I never try anymore because I am always over looked.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 07:28 AM

Aww! If I could draw, I'd totally give you a freebie! Mmm, I can't draw, but if you wanted a little banner in your signature, I could do that ^_^ I'm fairly decent with my graphics program, as long as I'm not drawing.

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Aww! If I could draw, I'd totally give you a freebie! Mmm, I can't draw, but if you wanted a little banner in your signature, I could do that ^_^ I'm fairly decent with my graphics program, as long as I'm not drawing.
For me? I'd love one if it wasn't any trouble. ^_^

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasashu View Post
i guess people who give out freebies in their threads is a gamble at times for me. sometimes it depends on how long you stay to chat or if they like an avi. oh well~
ya thats why when i do a freebie thread i alway smake
sure to tell everyone that everyone who comes in gets free art.
i dont like to make people feel left out.
it makes me feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annex View Post
Hey!
I am the same way except I just post seeing as I never get freebies.
I never try anymore because I am always over looked.
aww i get overlooked too.so your not alone!

its hard sometimes becuase to some artist we are either too complicated or
not cool enough.
its like the whole thing is unbalanced.

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 07:40 AM

Most don't draw anyone but the people the talk to the most.
It's like posting in threads just for the chat. They will skip your hello
for just the people they keep in their click.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 AM

@annex: yes i have noticed that too.
and i find it so un fair.
thats why i try hard not to make "click"
friends.
im friends with everyone and i try to keep it equal.
so i never ignore one for the other.

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 07:46 AM

Nemui I am the same way. I like everyone until one of them do me wrong in a horrible way.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 AM

Annex: oh ya definalty..
which i think is the same reason why i never really add friends to my friendslist.
[i have one right now XD and she wanted to be added so i was cool with]
but i never add anyone.becuase i see it as a way to show who your click is.
you kno..

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 07:49 AM

I only add people so that I can find them if I need to.
I just don't need to most of the time though.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 08:00 AM

ya that would be the only other reason
why i added them.
to keep in contact in case i need them for something.

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 AM

Yup, I love adding staff for that purpose. xD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 08:05 AM

I only add people to my list if we're actually friends, or we've talked for a while. If later on, we never talk again, I take them off. I'm not big on cliques. I just like having friends. ^_^ I try not to ignore people because I know what it's like to be ignore. It sucks!

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 05-21-2008, 08:05 AM

That how I was at first about free art.

Then I thought to myself, if they like giving out freebies, they like to do this for fun.

I tried it myself and then I can see why. I really like doing avatars and to see people light up when they get some art.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Don't worry, you're DEFINITELY not the only one who feels that way. I've never entered one of those freebie threads...they scare me. D:

Maybe that's just because I suck at idly chatting, though.

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Hey Sakura!!!!

I only have about 5 real true friends on my gaia list. All the others are who I chat with but they have no interest in ever being friends past that.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Yup, I love adding staff for that purpose. xD
oh ya..i need to do..i haver never thought of that.
it would actually help when i need help XD

Quote:
I only add people to my list if we're actually friends, or we've talked for a while. If later on, we never talk again, I take them off. I'm not big on cliques. I just like having friends. ^_^ I try not to ignore people because I know what it's like to be ignore. It sucks!
yup i have done that method too.
or if they change their name and i dont recognize them.i end up deleitng them XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Madison View Post
That how I was at first about free art.

Then I thought to myself, if they like giving out freebies, they like to do this for fun.

I tried it myself and then I can see why. I really like doing avatars and to see people light up when they get some art.
yes thats why i do them every now and then.
but then my real life takes over and i have to shut it down XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 AM

Fullmetal Phantom: It can be intimidating! Especially if everybody knows each other and is just chatting away! Then I just quietly exit without saying a word. Sometimes people can be welcoming, but little groups have a tendency to shut out newcomers. It sucks.

Annex: Almost everyone on my Gaia list is someone that I interact with almost daily. We don't really hang out on Gaia together, but we're friends. That's how I like to keep my friend lists you know. When people randomly try to friend me on Gaia, I always decline.

Annex
Misfit Fairy

Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 AM

It does help a lot. ^_^ An here they accept your invite to befriend them easily. -nods-

Cookie, well most are either in my guild there or they visit my threads. We just never consider each other as friends.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 05-21-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Fullmetal Phantom: It can be intimidating! Especially if everybody knows each other and is just chatting away! Then I just quietly exit without saying a word. Sometimes people can be welcoming, but little groups have a tendency to shut out newcomers. It sucks.

Annex: Almost everyone on my Gaia list is someone that I interact with almost daily. We don't really hang out on Gaia together, but we're friends. That's how I like to keep my friend lists you know. When people randomly try to friend me on Gaia, I always decline.
Haha, there was a real orchid hiding in your signature. XD

*ahem* Anyway, yeah, I know what you mean. It just feels like you're intruding on something unless you've been invited...which is no fun. T_T If people are chatting about something I actually really like, then once in a while, I find myself able to jump in...but it doesn't happen much.

My conversation skills suck. XD

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 08:21 AM

haha i found a real bud in her signature too XD
but i knew it was real cuz i already know Cookie doesn't have fake ones in her siggy XD

Quote:
It does help a lot. ^_^ An here they accept your invite to befriend them easily. -nods-
ya on small commuities they add anyone who askes almost XD
its something i noticed.

Chuck
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Heh, would it okay if I input a little thought from an artist's point of view? :sweat:

I really like to make things fair by drawing a variety of people; I love making people happy. Every now and then, I'd draw "hit-and-runners" to prove to people that you don't have to make conversation to get a piece of art. Mainly, it's because I don't... I don't have great conversation-skills myself. XD

I draw people who chat, and I draw people who don't. So, I'm kinda neutral.. eh?

So yeah, I'm reading your posts and think, "That's not true! XD" but then realized it ranges from artist to artist. :3