Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 05-18-2014, 08:17 AM

Awhh. I'm sorry the AB surprised most of you. That's a bummer. :c

Omi: Where have you been btw?
I thought you quit! Its great to see you again.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-18-2014, 08:28 AM

Having ab is easier to manage though.
It IS a lot of artist. imagine all the last minute bid wars. you may put in the wrong amount for the wrong artist. XD

Omi
Artistic Angel

Old 05-18-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Awhh. I'm sorry the AB surprised most of you. That's a bummer. :c

Omi: Where have you been btw?
I thought you quit! Its great to see you again.

I've been around- just not in a daily/weekly capacity on Mene. XD -lurker by nature- I wish I led an exciting life that gave me plenty to expound on but, no. :< Just work and sleep and prepping for conventions every so often.

How about you? Keeping busy for the most part (in a good way)?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 05-18-2014, 08:33 AM

@ Omi - @___@ That's a pretty cool way to spend life tho. I've always wanted to go to a con, but I'm too poor. .___.
Life's been keeping me busy, but not at all in a good way. :c

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 AM

urghhh... I hope I can make it back to online world when the auction is ending. x.x
GOing to offline world now. x.x

Omi
Artistic Angel

Old 05-18-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
@ Omi - @___@ That's a pretty cool way to spend life tho. I've always wanted to go to a con, but I'm too poor. .___.
Life's been keeping me busy, but not at all in a good way. :c
Cons can be lots of fun but, yeah- really expensive sometimes. When I was younger, I bunk'd with 2-4 friends per a room, jumped in on group badge rates with friends/local anime club, brought my own food, and tried to pick cons relatively near to home. Even then, it still cost ~$150+ without my cheap-o cosplay materials added into the mix. And its no fun to go to a Dealer's room/Artist Alley with no money to buy anything. >_<

Nowadays, though, you can buy practically anything online for a reasonable price and, sometimes, free shipping.

:< Not in a good way? Anything fixable or is it one of those "grit your teeth and bear it" sort of situations?

Night, Xuvrette!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 05-18-2014, 08:47 AM

@___@; Ahhh I'm so jealous. Do you sell your stuf at cons?

Its a "grit your teeth and bear it" situation. But I don't see it getting better anytime soon, and I'm getting really worn down. :c.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Seeya there. I am excited to your art is fetching, Omimi.
<.< >.>
Not night here, but have to go over to a house without internet. -___-;;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 AM

yep...no way I'm getting anything from this auction - person I wanted was ABd in two seconds and I can't compete for the non-AB ones that I also really wanted. Good luck to the few who have the gold to compete for them and congrats to the artists!

Inaction
Destroyer of Governments

Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM

Yo, congrats to that mad AB by Chi. I've never seen anyone purchase that much real estate at once, save for maybe Ted Turner. I hope all of you get something, to say the least!

solorn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-18-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
xD Awhh. I think there was an option to decline 'cause Omi and Iro don't have ABs.
Well, it's my fault for not seeing it. I should have payed better attention.

I was looking forward to this auction. I though it would be fun but I missed everything since 9pm in CDT is 4am in my timezone.
Well... next time I'll know better.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 01:41 PM

Going to church soon

---------- Post added 05-18-2014 at 08:43 AM ----------

I want to bid on Shadami!
Username: CosmicFoxKitty
Bid Amount: 3,000
Libra:

I want to bid on Steelmagghia!
Username: CosmicFoxKitty
Bid Amount: 3,000
@ libra;

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 05-18-2014, 02:59 PM

I'm sorry you thought it was boring solorn: sadly I feel is much more fair though. If Cora and Dystopia are fighting for someone, no one else would have a chance at getting some artwork, what with their deep pockets. Not saying that would happen, but I could.

It may be unfair for the people who aren't online, but I felt like everyone who posted in that first minute, it was extremely fair to see who posted 1st. It could've been anyone!

People asked for it last time, so we put it in this time. I like to think of this auction as a fair place to get quality artwork, and help find the URE. If you guys want to watch the hunger games at Menewsha, then I'd like to see some personal auctions by some of these participants without any restriction (full-body or painting style I mean) on what the winner gets and then see their piece. I think that would be exciting.

---------- Post added 05-18-2014 at 11:04 AM ----------

Oops. Posted from my phone. Sorry for the spelling errors.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 05-18-2014, 03:25 PM

Oh lord, I failed at doing my ping list correctly.
Wyrmskyld: Shadami: Xogizmoox:
There are still some artists left to bid on if you're wanting to.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 03:27 PM

i'm at church and getting some dirty looks for being on my ipad. So I might be off and on again....

steelmagghia

Old 05-18-2014, 03:36 PM

Haha, Foxy. iPads and church don't generally mix.

And guys, the autobuy went through about 30 different iterations to get to this one. We started out with only autobuys for the returning artists that were based on how much they sold for in the last auction, but that ended up getting crazy complicated and also appeared as if we had ranked the artists, which I didn't like. We wanted something that was fair, not too complicated, and wouldn't offend the artists. This was our solution. I know that it's not as heated as it could be, but it also meant that people who don't normally participate in auctions would be participating this time. Chi, for example, does not even participate in auctions. It was great to see her involved. Also, people had half a chance of getting some of the better art this time around. We lose participation if we make the art completely unobtainable except to the select few with gobs of money. Right now, some of our less popular artists are already at a higher than expected bid because of the extra participation. I'm sorry that it disappointed some of you. We are doing the best we can to create a fair, fun auction that doesn't make people feel bad about their gold levels or their art and also continues to raise interest in the User Event.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM

Well they wont say anything to me. They will just give dirty looks besides some of the youth will tell me something lol

As for the AB, I think it was a good idea, I just hate how they were all ab before others could get a chance XD which is still fair just a little disheartening. I think it was logical and fair... Hahahaha plus it raises a ton of moneyy for the ure!

steelmagghia

Old 05-18-2014, 03:50 PM

*hugs* Thank you sweety. I'm sorry you didn't manage to get one of the high value artists.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 03:55 PM

Haaha it's fine ^_^ I'm actually really wanting some of the ones I'm bidding on and plan to get them but giving others a chance... does that make any sense?

steelmagghia

Old 05-18-2014, 03:57 PM

It makes sense to me.
I'm happy to see that everyone has been bid on at least once.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 03:58 PM

it's all great art <3

steelmagghia

Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Thanks. I think so too.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 PM

*Is wanting a cat from Steel like the fox she drew so I can eventually get both tattooed on me. Favorite animals ftw!*
Hehee Yea

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 04:15 PM

I have debated with myself whether to bid on Omi and Iro, because I auto-bought three others. I have decided that I will, because the purpose of this is to raise funds for the URE, with art being the bonus. I'm wondering if it might be good to collect feedback at the end on what bidders (and artists) liked and what they didn't--that way the next function meets more expectations?

At some point today I'll be sending Steel payment for my three ABs from last night. If someone wants Nephila's or PrincessKasumi's art, and is willing to pay the 20k AB, I'm bowing out to make things more fair for everyone. It broadens not only bidders to get more art, but to also give the URE fund account even more loot. (I would still be paying the 60k regardless. I just think it's a good way to get even MORE funds into this URE.)

steelmagghia

Old 05-18-2014, 04:20 PM

Chi, you are a wonderful person. And we do try to collect feedback every time. The set up of this auction was based on feedback from the last auction, actually. But of course, every change we make will have more feedback.