Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 AM

Hello again, it's me Camp Counselor from the Menewsha Summer Camp. I along with all of the other wonderful hosts would like to thank everyone who participated in our Summer Camp event! Just like the Menewsha Staff we would like to get your thoughts and feedback on the event so that it can be event better next year (if someone takes on the challenge).

Just so that you know I and the other hosts may or may not respond to any of the feedback here. Also we may contact you directly to clarify your response or discuss further things that you mention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions
Just copy and paste the question section below. Please do not take the quote tags out as we don't want anyone getting into trouble.

[quote]~1~ What did you think of the event in general?[/quote]

[quote]~2~ What did you think of the hostess' sticky games and contests? Which did you participate in and which would you have liked to but didn't have the time for? What were your favorite sticky threads (whether you participated or not)?[/quote]

[quote]~3~ Is there a game or contest that has been ran at a past user-ran event that you missed? Any game that you'd like to see us play in the future?[/quote]

[quote]~4~ What did you think of the event theme and colors this year?[/quote]

[quote]~5~ What improvements (aside from those that would require staff running things) would you suggest we make to make the event run more smoothly next time?[/quote]

[quote]~6~ What would you say the "highlight" of the event was for you? Feel free to share multiple highlights. XD[/quote]

[quote]~7~ Any further thoughts on the Summer Camp event?[/quote]

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 06-24-2012 at 01:37 AM..

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
~1~ What did you think of the event in general?
It was great! I had fun camping and chatting. The games were fantastic although I didn't sign up for volleyball in time. :S

Quote:
~2~ What did you think of the hostess' sticky games and contests? Which did you participate in and which would you have liked to but didn't have the time for? What were your favorite sticky threads (whether you participated or not)?
I really liked them and wish I could had participated in all of them.

I participated in the canoe races, water balloon game, Around the campfire, Butterfly Board game, The writing contest, The avatar contest and Archery Range. I would have liked to enter the volleyball one but I didn't sign up in time. Oh well.

The favorite sticky threads was the common area sticky thread and the water balloon one. :)

Quote:
~3~ Is there a game or contest that has been ran at a past user-ran event that you missed? Any game that you'd like to see us play in the future?
Not really, I didn't notice because I was having so much fun! :D!

Quote:
~4~ What did you think of the event theme and colors this year?

Quote:
~5~ What improvements (aside from those that would require staff running things) would you suggest we make to make the event run more smoothly next time?
Y'all did a great job and y'all did what you could have done without being staff, so congratulations! Job well done!

Quote:
~6~ What would you say the "highlight" of the event was for you? Feel free to share multiple highlights. XD
The highlight of the event was the winding down, the page prizes in the common area. I almost won one but I had to get to bed. :( Oh well I did have fun though with the Camp Counselor. :)

Quote:
~7~ Any further thoughts on the Summer Camp event?
Well it was a fun event, I really have a great time. Hopefully there will be another user run event sometime next year. :) Maybe I'll be able to be a part of 'user event helper wise' if all goes well. :)

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 06-24-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
It was very enjoyable. I liked chitty chatting away with others and making new friends. I liked how everyone was easily accepted in games, just a really good bonding experience.

Quote:
~2~ What did you think of the hostess' sticky games and contests? Which did you participate in and which would you have liked to but didn't have the time for? What were your favorite sticky threads (whether you participated or not)?
I liked the games; I found each very fun and unique (mostly because I don't camp). I participated in the Water Balloons, Volleyball, Archery, Butterfly Catching, Art Contest and Around the Campfire. I couldn't keep up with the Canoe ones. My favorite threads would have to be Water Balloons, Around the Campfire and Butterfly catching. :)

Quote:
~3~ Is there a game or contest that has been ran at a past user-ran event that you missed? Any game that you'd like to see us play in the future?
Uhh, I can't really say because this was my first user-ran event, so couldn't really tell you there, the same goes for any future games.

Quote:
I think it was hit dead-on. Earth tones go well with camping.

Quote:
~5~ What improvements (aside from those that would require staff running things) would you suggest we make to make the event run more smoothly next time?
I think, timezones were a slight issue. I know that you can't really "fix" it since we all live all over the place. I think it'd be helpful if Mene had it's own "clock" sometimes how I've seen for other sites. Or just.. have the host/tess really remind the players what times zones they're in now. That's the only part where I got a bit disoriented. :)

Quote:
~6~ What would you say the "highlight" of the event was for you? Feel free to share multiple highlights. XD
When the water balloon fight was coming down to the ultimate battle. I like adrenaline pumping moments. And especially when the event was ending and people were seeing how long they can last in the event before it got defeated.

Quote:
Well, I'd like to see it again next year. That's probably the most time I ever posted and kept coming back to. :D

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
It was fun. :) Seemed to run quite smoothly from what I could tell. There were a lot of really nice prizes, too.

Quote:
I participated in the Archery Range, Butterfly Catching, Water Balloon Fight and (somewhat) the Campfire thread. I didn't have time enough for the others.

I was pretty terrible at archery, but Codette did a great job hosting while working. I like her edgy personality so it seemed quite fitting for her to host a thread involving deadly weapons. ;D

I loved the maps/grids in the Campfire thread. I liked that bbr used a large variety of images while still keeping with the theme. We poked the fire with a stick, caught lightning bugs, and watched fireworks. There's something about the idea of a campfire in the evening that makes you want to hang out. I got too busy in RL to keep up with this thread towards the end, unfortunately.

More about the other two in the "highlights" section.

Quote:
I miss the epic team challenge-based thread you guys had during the Feast of Fools. I realize those are incredibly time-consuming to host, but still. ;)

Quote:
The theme was fantastic. I didn't notice specific colors, aside from the team colors in the balloon fight? Probably me being dense/not reading everything. :oops: I loved your hosting avatars though!

Quote:
Hmm, not sure what to say here. It seemed like there were several threads using the same mechanic, which isn't a huge problem, but with so many threads going I wonder whether a couple of them could have been eliminated or combined so that people trying to participate in everything you had to offer had fewer threads to keep track of.

Quote:
I have two favorite things:
The water balloon fight was really fun - what is it about team competitions that is so exciting?? ;D I was really impressed that Ascadellia was able to keep up with letting folks roll 4 times a day (!!) - that's kind of a huge pain for the thread host, and she did a fantastic job. Also, it was fun to watch hummy turn murderous at the end, when she was one of the few red team members left standing. :lol:

The other thing I really enjoyed was watching Aya work. Each day when she would post the results of the butterfly catching, she made little story bits using parts of a wide variety of Mene items to fit the theme of her thread. It was super creative and neat to see. Beyond that, her language was clear and concise, and her thread layout was clean as well as aesthetically pleasing. Color me impressed. ;)

Quote:
You guys are getting to be pros at this now, great job all around. <3

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-24-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Well thought out and fun.

Quote:

Quote:
Not that I can think of I don't normally play in user ran events.

I played the Water balloon game he most I think. I also like the Archery and butterfly catching. I also entered the art contest. XD

Quote:
Worked for me. :D

Quote:

Quote:
The people and interaction with the community.

Quote:
I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the themes.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post

I was pretty terrible at archery, but Codette did a great job hosting while working. I like her edgy personality so it seemed quite fitting for her to host a thread involving deadly weapons. ;D
....Sweet I'm edgy ^.^

M i r o
Comatose

Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
The event was a success and friendly environment. :)

Quote:
The hostess' sticky games and contests were done with consideration and thought of very well. I participated in providing some prizes for the jackpot and it was well worth it. :heart: My favorite would have been the threads with the board games.

Quote:
I don't think I can remember previous user event games. :?

Quote:
I loved the BLUE. BLUE IS WONDERFUL!

Quote:
I think everything went together in the end for you guys. But there was a lot of people disappearing and all that sha-bang. I congratulate to all of you how you handled and sorted out what threads you all decided to do. I appreciate the fact that all of you took the time to put it together and even though there were some speed bumps, you did a great job! You put all your hearts into making it happen and it showed as well.

Quote:
I GOT TO be with my friends again! :hug: Iluffmyfriendslikewhoa!

Quote:
People who are going to disappear should check in and out more regularly when they're apart of an User event, it gets very messy. XD

Last edited by M i r o; 06-25-2012 at 02:53 AM..

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I thought it was alright. I liked the theme this summer, and I thought it was appropriate for the season, and the colors were a good match for the theme.

Quote:
The games were fun, but I didn't like that each game rolled over to a new day at a different time. It made it really hard to keep track of which games I'd rolled for already for that day and which ones I didn't. I understand that everyone is in a different timezone, but it would be easier if the games all rolled over at the same time, whether it's midnight PST or CST or EST or whatever.

Quote:
No, not really. I think my favorite games are typically from staff-run events, rather than user-events, and the games this time were good.

Quote:
I think I touched on this one already. :sweat: I thought the theme was appropriate to the time of year, and the colors matched the theme well.

Quote:
Again, just time the games a bit differently, so that it's easier for people to keep track of when the day rolls over for each one.

Quote:
I think the highlight of the event for me was when one of my normally-absent RP partners came back and was active again for a while. It pleased me, because my RPs with my sister have hit a bit of a lull lately, and I'm a shameless (and horrifically picky) RP addict.

Quote:
Nope. All is well.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I really enjoyed it! Very fun.

Quote:
I participated at least once in all of the game threads but none of the contest ones.
My favorites were the Butterfly board game, Volleyball, Archery, and Water Balloon fights.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
The theme was really cute! It's perfect for this time of year. :)

Quote:
Umm... nothing overall I can think of
But
Water Balloons: I still think that if this sort of game is run again, people who "die" in a round should still be able to roll for that round. It's not fair to make it first come, first shoot in one particular round.
Nothing other than that.

Quote:
No real highlights. >.>;

Quote:
It was funnn and all of the hosts were awesome <3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
i thought it was a lot of fun, and much like a real summer camp.
there were so many activities that i don't think anyone missed event commons.
awesome job!

Quote:
i loved the water balloon game so much it became an obssession!
letting us throw waterr balloons more often was a lot of fun.
the good natured jeering of each team was quite funny, too.
i also loved the canoe races a lot, it was so active and helped us make a lot of goldies as we chatted, too.
i also loved the archery contest it tickled me that it was a great 'princess bride' tie-in, too.
i had so much fun and M i r o ' s banner was exactally how i would make a face when i posted my roll!
i loved blueblackrosie's games each night.
it was such a fun way to see her artist talents highlighted!
i have to go look at what else i played/participated in.

Quote:
some swimming races would have been fun, too.
ya know, summer campie kinda things.
i was hoping for a horseshoes/bacci game,
but just because i love to play them.
but, rreally no complaints at all.
\

Quote:
i loved them and i loved how y'all dressed up in those colors, too.
it was verry well thought out and a lot of fun to participate with y'all.

Quote:
keeping all of the games on the same timezone schedule.
i suggest keeping it on menewsha's timezone,
to keep the confusion down.
i kind of liked how it was all different timezones,
but i did see a lot of confusion.
i am always confused with timezones and followed Kent around.
[salute]
lemming hummy reporting forr duty, sir!
other than that, i like seeing the individuality of everyone.
i don't like seeing the same things with different titles~~that's not a new stickie.

Quote:

Quote:
i don't know if it would be possible,
but i would have liked to see event currency.
like marshmallows since it tied into blueblackrosie's theme.
maybe have a way to turn in a certain amount,
reward top posters and such with small prizes/goldies.

much love to blueblackrosiedoodlepoodlesweetiepetiejellybeanie♥
you did an amazing job with all of the threadies you had to keep up with.
you engages and welcomed each and every poster with grace and kept us all enterrtained.
you put so much into getting some amazing prizes and goldies to offer all of your summer campers!
thank you and i hope you know how much you were appreciated!