p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 12:10 AM

Welcome to Art Attack!
I've been looking for art here on Mene for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding anyone who follows through on their art, or who isn't full. So, what exactly is my purpose here you might ask? Well, this is my last desperate attempt at getting some art, so I'm here for some particular arts, and you're here to do them for me! :D

*Please note, that if you have legit art, and need time and require a substantial amount of gold for that hard work, you should PM me privately. Send me an example of your art, let me know which of my photos you'd like to do, how much time you need and what you charge for you art, and we'll strike a deal! I will pay up to 30k for real art of my real photos.

Also, I'll list the prizes below. Everyone wins something! But if you continue on to the spoiler of art I like, I'll list under those photos how much I'm willing to give for art like that. Again, up to 30k or more, or rare items like OMG! Head, How Now, etc...

Prizes
for entering Poppet's art contest - 100

First, second and third place prizes will start with gold according to these categories (along with
the 100 for entering) and also win an EI or CI:
for something with color (more than two colors) - 250
for full body art (head to toe) - 300
for art that has shading (anything 2D or better) - 350
for art that has a background - 400
for being big enough that I can print it and put it in my photo album at home - 600

For winning first place - 5,000 on top of the other gold and EI or CI
Yes, if you do all of these things, and make our first, second or third place winning spots, you will get the sum of all of those goldies, plus a CI/EI. And if your art is just amazing, and I don't feel like you got what you deserved for the art, I'll definitely ADD GOLD to that sum, up to 5,000 (like our first place winner will receive - at least). I am very fair, and do not want to undersell anyone. Everyone wins something! (As long as the rules have been followed, and you don't try to give me any art listed in the spoiler section of "Things I don't really like much.") Savvy?

Poppets Rules for Art Attack Victims
1. Oh you know, be nice, and stuff! :D
2. Follow Mene's rules and TOS first and foremost.
3. No trolling, spamming, begging or harassing.
4. No amateur work. (Please don't take offense! I'm just offering a lot of gold for art that I can have around for many years. I want to be paying for something I truly adore. While I applaud those of your starting out and trying to get your feel for art, I will not offer much, if anything at all, for scanned pencil sketches on notebook paper, or disproportionate features, etc.)
5. No pixel dolls!
6. If you just want to do art for me, great! But if you want to enter the contest, reply to this thread by copying and pasting this box into your reply:
PHP Code:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]Username:
I want to enter the contest![/COLOR][/SIZE

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do you want the girl in your art to look like?
A: Myself! Unless otherwise stated. I currently have almost waist length dark dark brown hair. My eyes are blue. I'm super skinny, though curvy. My skin isn't too pale, but I rarely have a good tan. I also have freckles on my cheeks, but I hate them most of the time and cover them with makeup. If the art would look better with them, fine, if not it won't hurt my feelings if you leave them out!

Q: When does the contest end?
A: Since I've been MIA for a few weeks at a time off and on lately, and there are a lot of people who want to enter but haven't yet, annndd since I'm still looking for a lot of different stuff, I'm going to extend the cut off date. I'm not sure yet when that will be, but it won't be too terribly long.

I'm looking for art of these particular things (in no particular order):

SPOILERX

1. One of my favorite avatars. She can have her eyes closed and laughing, or open and red to match the rest of the red. Whatever you think would look best. I want the photo to be cute!

2. Another of my most favorite avatars ever! I love love love this one! Eyes open and pink to match the outfit, or closed and laughing, either way!

I would also love:

SPOILERX

1. Anything with a happy family of three! We all have brown hair. My husband is a head and a half taller than me, with brown eyes. I have blue eyes with almost shoulder length hair. Our daughter is three, small, with hazel brown eyes and long hair. We are all light skinned. We are all crazy silly and happy together!

2. Anything cute OR sexy, of a female with long brown curly, wavy or straight hair and blue eyes.

3. Anything cute OR sexy with that same female and a romantic partner, who is a vampire.

4. Anything with a mom and daughter. My daughter is three, so she's a toddler; small. Long brown hair, hazel eyes. My hair is also long and brown and I have blue eyes!

Types of art I love and will accept:
If you're unsure if I'd like your kind of art, feel free to send me an example of it! I like other arts, too, I just haven't had the time to add ALL of the things I like!

SPOILERX

Please keep in mind, that I've never actually purchased art. So if my prices are way off, forgive me! I'll pay just about anything for good art that really gets me and what I love! Gold is NOT an issue. If you're interested in doing any of my things in any art like the arts listed below, let me know your price!

^I would give around 800 for art like this.

^I would give around 1,000 for simple art, in color, like this.

^ I would give around 1,000 for a black and white sketch like this.

^I would give around 1,500 for a single character, full body, in this kind of art.

^I would give around 1,500 for a colored art photo like this, more for full body.

^I would give around 3,000 for art like this, in color.

^I would give around 3,000 for art like this.

^I would give around 10,000 for a bust of myself like this.

^I would give 30,000 or more (whatever is reasonable - I don't know how much work something like this would be - but gold isn't an issue) for beautiful art like this.

Types of art I am not looking for:

SPOILERX

Other information that may or may not be useful:

SPOILERX

I have almost waist length dark brown hair, and blue eyes, with fairly light skin. I rarely have a tan.

I love red, pink, and caribbean blues!

I'm a Starbucks addict.

I have a small Papillon, and adore animals (especially small fluffy ones - like the Papillon)!

I'm pretty clumsy and silly.

I love love love romance.

I adore anything with a vampire in it.

I LOVE to read. I'd bury myself in books if I could!

I'm a huge daydreamer/dreamer with my head always in the clouds!

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-26-2014 at 03:48 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 AM

Current Contest Entries

Entrant: GwenaHikari

Entrant: Aikacooncat

Entrant: Pistachio_Moustache

Entrant: River Song

Entrant: WherededIGo

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 02-10-2014 at 09:26 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 02:54 AM

Artwork Hall of Fame

by ClariusFlorina

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-25-2013 at 12:11 AM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 03:57 AM

Firs post whoooooooooo :D Good luck poppet let me go ping some artist ;3

---------- Post added 11-18-2013 at 10:02 PM ----------

Hey guys, :D just pinging you here incase you might be interested!

Rainbows:
Nivvy:
Kat Dakuu:
Ranie:
Kent:
M i r o:
Ashtyn Leigh:
BellyButton:
I-Jojo:
AikaCoonCat:
Shadami:
GwenaHikari:
Seito:

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 AM

FIRST POST STEALER!!! *reads above now*

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:04 AM

Dawww you'd do that for me? You're just so kind!

Lol

Sorry, I had to add that one. I used an awful lot of those faces in this post...

Oh geeze. I can't stop!

[cp]

---------- Post added 11-18-2013 at 10:04 PM ----------

Lol hai Raine!

Get in on some of this emoticon madness!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:13 AM

Not another contest!!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 AM

Kat Dakuu: You don't have to enter! I'm also up for just paying for art. Lol this was my last desperate attempt at finding some.

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 AM

Thanks for the ping ^^
*subscribes*

Hopefully your incentives get people entering Poppet :D
Gotta absolutely love Loish's colour choices, she's got an amazing eye for that kind of thing

Just a heads up, I probably won't be too active around the festive/new year season
But I'll try to get in, and post when possible @o@;; I owe a billion ppl work at the mo

Also.... PEDOBEARRRRRR!!!!!!!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 AM

I will. Just...My art list is long now. I know you were looking badly for art. You should have asked me long ago because I'm happy to do you art....probably after the new year DX

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:21 AM

Thanks y'all! I've been looking for art for almost a YEAR and have found NO TAKERS. Every time I message someone they say the same things you guys are saying, everyone is busy and full.

Lol no worries though. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that someone out there is bored enough to do some art for me! Now that you mention the Holidays, I'd love some Holiday art, too! D: Lol I'm never going to find art am I? *laughs to keep from crying*

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 AM

Is 30k a lot these days? lol
You're beautiful, and I'd love to do you in charcoal ;) (sounds kinda creepy!)
Are you interested in colored, digital works only?

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:26 AM

Success! :D My pings worked, now we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see if anymore show up!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:28 AM

that's because you were only looking through art requests? Definitely won't get anything that way. But really?...my shop has never been full....There are artists here who are accepting orders, though the last few months, not so much.

Immy

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:28 AM

I believe it's time to show you some examples however I do know my art is not the best unless I get that random urge to make it better

So let's begin, my latest artwork (originally didn't have to be in color, was just going to be a sketch, and needed any effort or background) was for --- someone I can't remember their name

Newest

This is my older art that I don't bother looking back on.

Other recent artwork

Older artwork in the past year or so...

I have a cellphone which is an android, takes good pics, AND I do have a scanner I can use after getting at least a minimum of five drawings.

My style changes, my time to do artwork along with my mood changes, and I have been sick lately, but, right now I have the urge to draw tonight. So if you want me to do some art for you, just ask, if not I'll cheer from the sidelines and be your butler here (or do art and be your butler)

---------- Post added 11-18-2013 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by p o p p e t ♥ View Post
Thanks y'all! I've been looking for art for almost a YEAR and have found NO TAKERS. Every time I message someone they say the same things you guys are saying, everyone is busy and full.

Lol no worries though. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that someone out there is bored enough to do some art for me! Now that you mention the Holidays, I'd love some Holiday art, too! D: Lol I'm never going to find art am I? *laughs to keep from crying*
Dont get me started on wanting to do any christmas themed art lol I'm so getting in my artist mood and that's strange lol

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:32 AM

Also I have one more that I ran into a few days ago in the Pricing Assistance.

Murasaki Fujiwara: Hey =) I remember you wanted to get into the Art Shop business and what not. Love your art and I'm sure P o p p e t ♥ will too. ^ u^ You can earn quite a bit of gold here. So check it out and see if you're interested.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:37 AM

I wish I could do realism. That one realism bust you have as an example is amazing!

I might find time to do something for this. Are you okay with chibis?

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 AM

Dang, I love doing portraits of people in graphite too (soft spot for graphite and white chinagraph on grey canson paper) I did a few for Melody Xyelle. But because there didn't seem to be a market for it, I stopped offering them.

Graphite Works

I haven't done any forever @o@

Holiday art is a great idea ^^!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 AM

Yes thank you so much Kas! I love you!

Rainbows: I have nooo idea what art really goes for. I haven't had any made for me yet. And thank you for the sweet compliment! I'm interested in almost any kind of art, as long as it's not super amatuer, sketched on notebook paper, uploaded by camera phone kind of stuff. I'm looking for art that people are generally asking a lot for. I definitely don't want to hurt anyone's feelings at all, but I don't want to spend away my goldies on stuff that I could do myself, you know?

I can do pencil sketches easily myself, I actually love drawing. It's the digital, watercolor, pastel, charcoal, etc. stuff that I couldn't do even if someone tried to pay me. So I'd love to see what you can do with charcoal!

@Kat - I don't know! I thought I searched through everything! But honestly, the whole art forum is just confusing to me.

@Raine - Your art is great! I adored your pen art. If you want to enter the contest, I'd accept your art, totally! Though, I won't accept anything uploaded by phone or camera. I don't like the image quality or lighting it gives to photos.

---------- Post added 11-18-2013 at 10:40 PM ----------

Kent: I do like chibis!

Nivvy: QUIT teasing me!

Also, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ping you on that one. I recall you saying you subscribed!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 AM

the art forum is confusing? It's only confusing when people don't know how to set up a shop. The prefixes are so great and I love them to death. Very easy to find an open shop.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 AM

okay! I don't have a scanner, so if I DO complete this artwork for you, would you be comfortable with me mailing it? since I wouldn't be able to give you a good photo

this is my best example, and the only thing I have to take pictures is my cell phone.

SPOILERX

^ charcoal

^ graphite

Last edited by Rainbows; 11-19-2013 at 04:48 AM..

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 AM

p o p p e t ♥:
It's okay ^^ I don't mind pings at all <3
They're probably better than anything else, coz I always respond to them
I've got the memory of a goldfish at the moment, so I usually forget to respond to non-pings lol

Aww, I'm keen to enter this - My husband reckons he felt sorry for me drawing everything with the mouse recently (I think he's just sick of me burning out all the batteries xD) So he purchased me a little Intuos to replace my ancient dinosaur tablet. I should be able to submit to this competition in the future <3 Looking forward to flexing my wannabe digital artist muscles, on a tablet that actually has pressure sensitivity xD!!

Rainbows:
I loooove the image you just posted! Beautiful technique :D
What media did you use to produce that image?

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 11-19-2013, 04:57 AM

thank you so much! I'm trying to get into traditional medias again and I need that encouragement, haha.
Everything but the background was charcoal (black and white), the background was a range of chalks (I think? At that point I was just using whatever my art teacher set in front of me)
the paper lent a great deal to the piece - one of those post-consumer paper kind of deals x)

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 05:02 AM

=O You guys just gave me an idea but I most likely won't because I'm lazy and unless it's a project in school I will procrastinate like nobodies business....seriously. My idea was to paint poppet on canvas with acrylic paints which are probably dry by now ;3... lol

Immy

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 AM

oh trust me if its for a contest or good quality art, it gets scanned.