ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 PM

The tortured soul...
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_SMG

Meet RikterX

I am the great Rikter Evans.
I’ve seen the destruction of the US for 20 years.
I don’t get on by my good looks alone. I am also the 'angel' for Clockwork Carnivale.
I wasn’t always a Carnie. I was one of those 'missing' people when Clockwork moved out. I had taken my little sister to the fair and lost her. She had wound up with a group of friends and they were leaving. I wanted to stay though, a girl from my neighborhood was there, she was my heart's desire. As the night grew on I lost her in the crowd, never to see her again. The carnivale was closing and I was leaving a tent, but they didn't want me to go for some reason. I was surrounded and the next thing I knew I woke up with mechanical wings coming out of my back. Ever sense then I had been like a lost child, following around the only people I fit in with and doing what I was told.
They say you never judge a book by its cover. If you read this book its pages would tell you of a male who is realtively quiet. I never asked for what happened to me, but after it all I just sort of listen. I became like a broken horse in a sense. I do as I'm told, almost as if I were a robot or something. Yet beyond all that I'm not a mean guy, but if Arrow were to know I would be in trouble. I do not enjoy causing people pain but I have a high sense of respect and loyalty, almost to a fault just like a soldier.
...and...

...the apple of his eye.

Meet AfasiaX

I am Afasia Williams
I've roamed the earth for 19 years.
I don't know why, but my parents spoil me. I went to the carnival with a group of friends. I saw Rikter and I tried to break from the group of squealing girls. I lied and said I was getting some food. But, by the time I turned around, I lost him in a sea of people. I talked to his sister weeks later and she told me she had lost him just as I did. But, beneath my perfume and make-up lies a lonely girl who is stuck in a world where she secretly hates and wants to get out of. I do miss Rikter, but I doubt ever seeing him again. Although I did see him in a circus one time, but it was years ago and I doubt it was him. He had wings made of a shiny metal, which is mainly the source of my doubt that it was him.
Most people see me as a selfish teenager who can't make up her mind in life, but if you really get to know me, you'll know that I'm not controlled by my parents, and the rumors you hear about the girl who acts like a self appointed judge is just something to hurt me. I still talk to Rikter's sister. I know how much she misses him and she knows how much I miss him as well, but as I told you before, I can't help but doubt that I'll see him again. There is still a very small part of me that knows it's a possibility.

Last edited by ii_lovebug; 05-09-2010 at 03:06 PM..

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-06-2010, 01:27 PM

How many years has it been? Rikter thought to himself as he helped Clockwork set up tents as he had for all those years he had been away from this town. This one though, Arrow loved to come back here and the angel wasn't sure why. Maybe it was because he liked tormenting Rikter, or maybe it was because people seemed to be constantly moving here, like they were trying to improve their lifestyle and get the economy back up, at least in this little town. It sounded like them from what he rememberd. Of course the what he could remember also reminded him of the who. "Afasia," he said quietly to himself which brought odd look from the carnies that were helping him raise the big top.

"Dude, Rikter pay attention we almost got this thing up," one said and that caused Rikter to laugh.

"You would think that after all these years would could put this thing up blindfolded," he replied and the others laughed along with him. The big top was the last tent to go up, it always was. While a group was doing this, others were taking objects to their respected tents, setting up equipment and taking care of the animals. Everything was going along quite well.

His mind wandered back to Afasia once again. He didn't expect her to stay around, she never seemed like the kind of girl who wanted to stay in this town. She always seemed to have bigger and better plans ahead of herself. He never believed what everyone else did. She was beautiful and sweet and given the chance he would have done everything in his power to see that she was happy.

The tent poles started shifting and Arrow's wings started shifting once again to be able to support what was going on. Arrow had made the wings differently than most of the other half-metal people there. His wings were wings but when Rikter needed something else they could whirl and change their shape. He was like a multi tool all by himself. "See, it wasn't that hard," Rikter told the group as they were able to get the last of the supports up and set the tent upright. The others could take care of putting the rest of the pieces on so the angel just went to his little 'freak show' tent. The sun was lowering and soon he knew he would hear the sound of Arrow's voice welcoming the guests to Clockwork Carnivale. Just like he did every weekend.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM

Afasia sat in the back seat of a car which consisted of her mother, her father, her friend and her. "Mother, why are we going to this thing, anyway? I don't see the point in spending money to go laugh at others. If you ask me, I think that's it's cruel, unusual, and just plain wrong," she said. Her mother just glared in the mirror back at her, then looked at her father for support who pretended to be oblivious to the situation.

When they got to the event, Afasia looked out the window and saw many tents set up. She sighed and got out. "I still don't see why we're spending money on this," she mumbled grimly under her breath. She followed the other three into a tent and took a seat in the stands surrounding a large circle full of cages, colored hoops and groups of people huddled together discussing the show, she assumed.

The seats were almost all full, leaving her stuck next to a grubby, large man eating a hot dog. She rolled her eyes and leaned the opposite way of him. She watched as the lights got lower until a spotlight appeared with a 'click' on one person in the middle of the large circle. 'Who is that? I know him...but who is he?' she asked herself. She repeated the question over and over in her brain and waited for the action to begin.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-07-2010, 05:30 PM

((Oh man, just now realizing this XP Your sig was my senior quote in HS XD))

Rikter sighed as he heard the familiar thunk of the spot light falling on Arrow as he was harnessed into a giant metal cob web looking thing. Arrow was going on about how one can never be sure if what they were seeing was actually there or fantasy, at that point he always tapped his cane to the ground causing fireworks to go off. He then went on about how they were about to witness things beyond their wildest imaginations. Yada, yada, yada, the angelic male thought as his wings rearranged themselves to both secure himself and make part of the web that he was in.

The object was hoisted up and soon lowered, a spot light following it down. Rikter looked as though the metalic web actually held him and once Arrow said, "But remember, things aren't always as they seem." The lights went out leaving a single spot on Rikter. His wings started whirling and connecting with the web as he held his arms out, his feet poised as if he actually were hovering and not in a seemingly deadly situation. Once he heard the last of the whirling stop a smirk came to his face as it started up suddenly again, but this time the metal web quickly formed a pair of butterfly-looking wings. It was those wings that broke him from the harness and let him fall to the group, his anticipating feet catching him gracefully.

He allowed his body to flow slightly to the ground with the fall as his large copper wings arched back casting light patterns around the tent. Standing back up he held an arm out to the audience before bowing lowly to them. Setup, nothing more, he thought to himself as the large wings flattened out before the gears started moving again. This time the pieces were seperating in a sense, moving higher and higer into the tent. It almost looked like Rikter was casting eight web strands into the ceiling to hoist himself up, but that wasn't the case. He felt the familiar tension of the pieces hitting their spots in the roof of the big top and then the larger, once web-like structure removed itself from his back, pulling higher and higher as they rearranged themselves to form the pieces needed for the acrobats.

Once the pieces were completely off of his back, the ones remaining regained their usual form as his wings. Standing, he threw his arms back as if indicating to the crowd to see what he had done. Just then the entire big top lit up, acrobats fell from the tops, gripping to the still forming bars and swings. Animals stood poised in different showy ways, a fire breather off to the distance and other things you would expect to be at a circus. "Welcome to Clockwork Carnivale," Arrow's voice boomed through the tent though he was no where to be found.

One by one the lights turned off, the last one remaining on Rikter until it too went out and he was able to leave. Sighing he walked to the back of the big top and out. Starting that show was never his favorite so he returned to where he could control what happened, where he could see the people enter and leave safely and happily. He returned back to his little freak show tent and sat down on a stool in the middle.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-09-2010, 02:51 AM

((:3))

As Afasia sat slouching in her chair, she watched as the familiar boy with wings changed and moved around time after time. It bugged her terribly that she knew him but didn't know him. She knew who he was, yet, she couldn't remember. She sighed once more as she watched closely and sank down in her seat more.

She watched his every move. 'He's so graceful.' she thought as she stared. Her gaze was so intense, the people around her started making faces. But of course, she didn't notice because she was amazed yet baffled by him. He was actually beautiful in a way. Even as the man next to her made unnecessary noises as he ate his food, her focus remained on him.

As the other acts slowly came out beside him, she jumped at her own surprise. She looked over at her mother and shook her arm repeatedly. "Mother, mother!" she begged for her attention. "Mother, it's Rik...ter..." she said. Her speech slowly started becoming slurred and she shook her mother slower and slower until the lights went out. She sat in shock for a bit and finally she reacted to her realization and ran down to the main entrance of the tent where she saw Rikter walking toward a different tent. She ran after him and tried catching up with him. She slowed down and just watched him.

Once she saw the tent that Rikter went into, Afaisa nervously walked up to it. She slowly opened up the tent and looked at him without saying anything. After she watched him for quite a while, she cleared her throat gently and smiled a little. "Hi, uh, Rikter. It's me, Afaisa," she said quietly.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Rikter had been awaiting at least a decent crowd to arrive but so far nothing, a few people here and there would come in but not stay for very long, they would just turn and leave. "One should have expected that a mere angel could captivate the attention of those that walk happily and normally among this earth," he said to himself as he watched the last of the people walk out. He sighed slightly as he watched out of the tent to the passing crowds, not long after it moved reavealing a brown haired girl walked inside.

Before she could even say who she was he had already whispered, "Afasia." His eyes went from the deep green they were to the bright blue they were now. He stood up ubruptly, his eyes wide as he said, "Afasia, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." He walked over to her, his arms stretched out for a moment to touch her before he recoiled his arms back to his body, his wings almost following those movements.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 PM

Afasia stared at the wings on his back in amazement until she brought herself back to the real world. She smiled when he said her name. She was glad he remembered. "Yeah. You remember," she said quietly. Her smile grew wider and she slowly tilted her head to the side and stared at him, her eyes wide with happiness.

As his arms stretched out to her, uncontrollably, hers did the same. When she saw his drop to his sides, she quickly dropped hers as well. She frowned a little at his next comment and slowly turned away as she said, "I was here with my family. They made me come. I just....don't mind it. If I'm not supposed to be here, I'll leave. Goodbye." Her voice trailed into a faint whisper by the time she waved goodbye to him.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 AM

Rikter clentched his teeth tightly together as hundreds of possibilities went through his mind. He grabbed her arm suddenly, that was one thing most of them had to deal with. "It's too late now," he said to her, his voice softer than it should have been through his frustration. "I just don't want to see you get hurt, anyone get hurt," he told her, his eyes dipping to a darker shade of blue. She could try to leave still, they may not trap her then, he thought, but she was there, with him, in the same tent as himself and he was being selfish. He didn't want her to go, but he knew the risks.

"Afasia," he said, her name calming him down now that the person it was attached to was there and real. "This place isn't as safe as you think it is." He couldn't tell her anymore, he could feel a 'pull' on the gem in the back of his neck, it meant Arrow was on his way to check in or something or other. "You gotta go, hide, act like you don't know me, just something," he then told her frantically as he released her before sitting on the stool again, his wings stretched out as far as they could go, pulsating slightly.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 PM

Afasia jumped when he grabbed her arm and turned to him slightly. She nodded as he told her to hide and walked out of the tent, but not too far. She stayed near the tent and watched him just to make sure he was okay. She gently played with her fingers as she watched his wings and wondered about them.

'I wonder where they came from, why he has them. Something in his personality isn't right...he's just...hiding...maybe.' she thought to herself.

((Sorry it's so short >.<))

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 AM

((Oh no need to worry about it XP I'm not too picky with length ^^))

Rikter could see the sick look of pleasure on Arrow's face as his tall, slender figure entered his tent. His dark hair caused him to look paler, almost vampire-like and how he acted without the crowds knowing, well, one could believe it. "Are things going to plan?" He asked, his voice holding that same sick pleasure that his face held.

"Yes, sir," Rikter replied giving him a minimal answer, the one that he wanted.

"Good, now remember, keep your eye out for Sunday, we want a good show after all," he said before winking his remaining eye, his left being covered by a metal plate type piece. He didn't wait for a response before leaving, his eyes lingering on Afasia for a moment.

Rikter sighed once he was gone, he had to do something, anything to get these people out and safe, to get Afasia out and safe. He didn't know what though so he plopped back onto the stool, having stood up for Arrow. His wings drooped slightly, almost as if they were following his emotions, which they were.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-11-2010, 12:48 AM

After Arrow left, Afasia slowly walked in and sat next to him. "What's he talking about?" she asked quietly. She smiled a little, trying to cheer him up. She was a curious girl and she naturally wanted to know what arrow was talking about.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 PM

Rikter sighed as he slowly looked up at the girl he remembered from so long ago. "I don't think you want to know," he said, a defeated tone in his voice. "It's reasoning being why I said you shouldn't be here." He then rested his forehead in the palm of his hand before shaking it. What am I going to do? He thought furiously to himself, he couldn't see Afasia get hurt and he had an idea that Arrow had targeted her, at least at the moment.

He then looked back at the girl, the same innocent person he had known for so long, not closely but at least close enough to see past all of the lies and rumors. The angel was more than happy to see her, but it was one of those 'in any other situation' sort of things and now he didn't know what to do. He had his job but he couldn't do it, he could hardly stomach it for that matter.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Afasia nodded gently and looked down at the ground, her eyes closing a little. "Oh," she said quietly. She slowly recovered from the rejection and looked up. "So, when do you plan on getting out of here? You don't expect I'll let you stay in this circus all your life, do you?" she asked with a small grin.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 AM

Rikter smiled softly as he made eye contact with Afasia. "That makes me feel better knowing that, but," he then sighed, closing his eyes he shook his head slowly. "I can't leave," he said opening them again but looking at the dirt floor in the tent. "Arrow does not allow us to leave, ever, well, at least as far as I know. And besides, he wouldn't let me of all people leave anyway."

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-14-2010, 02:15 AM

Afasia sat down next to him and crossed her arms. "I'm not leaving until you honestly tell me you're leaving this place," she said with a small grin. She couldn't stand seeing him tortured like this, it was torture to her too.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 AM

Rikter turned his head to look at the girl he had thought he would never see again. "I told you Afasia," he said softly as he place a hand on her shoulder delicately almost as if he thought she would disappear or be upset if he touched her. "I can't leave. I would love to, I really would but I can't."

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-14-2010, 02:38 AM

"Yes you can!" Afasia protested. "Look at what he's done to you! He's brainwashed you into thinking he owns you and you can't do anything about it. He doesn't own you! You have a mind of your own, how about you use it for once!" she yelled as she walked toward the door. "I'm sorry I tried to help you," she said quietly as she turned and left.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-14-2010, 02:51 AM

Rikter glared out the door as Afasia left. She didn't understand though a part of him hadn't expected her to, he knew the rumors about her and he knew they were false he just wished she would show it more often. He stood suddenly and left his tent and quickly caught up with the girl. He grabbed her arm tightly, he knew that was what Arrow would believe the most. His eyes became a very bright green as he pulled her roughly back to his tent. Once he had her back inside he let her go instantly.

"I'm sorry but he was watching," he said as he turned around and began pacing in front of his stool. "I say I can't leave because of this," he told her as he knelt before her, his back to her. He brought his right hand up and pointed to an aquamarine gem that was implanted in his neck. "That's how he controls us," he then whispered.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-15-2010, 01:31 AM

Afasia sighed as he pulled her back to the tent. She looked at the gen for a while, then gently reached out her hand and touched it. "Oh...so it's connected to your nervous system which moves when told? That's interesting...so you can't remove it at all?" she asked hopefully. She walked in front of him and knelt so she was at the height he was currently at. "You still don't expect me to sit here and watch my best friend be tortured?" she asked with a small smile.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 AM

"Best friend?" Rikter couldn't help but laugh a little at the girl who was in front of him. "Afasia, you never even gave me a second glance," he then said, his voice sounding more defeated than before. "You were always with your friends, I was surprised you even knew I existed before this point." He then shook his said, "As for the gem, you could say that and no, as far as I know it cannot be removed. Even if it could it would not be a plesant process."

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-15-2010, 02:02 AM

Afasia looked down at the ground. "It may have seemed that way but every time I would talk to you it would make my day, you were always happy. In fact, I would look forward to talking to you," she said quietly. "Do you think we could try sometime?" she whispered so nobody else could hear.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Afasia always seemed to have a way to know the right thing to say when Rikter was upset, that was one of the reasons he had always tried to look for or get near her. When she whispered her question to him his face actually pinkened slightly as he stuttered, "U-uh, t-try what now?" His eyes changed to a bright purple as he looked at the girl, there were a number of things that she could have been talking about and he didn't really want to guess with this one.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 PM

Afasia grinned a little as she laughed. "I have a good idea of what you were thinking, but I was talking about the gem," She watched as his eyes changed color again, the seemed to do that a lot. "Did you know that your eyes change colors?" she asked as she looked at them with fascination.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-16-2010, 12:09 AM

Rikter laughed nervously before saying, "You want to try what with the gem now?" Yeah he was embarrassed but that was ok seeing as the girl didn't seem to take offense to the thousand and one situations that had been going through his mind. "And as for my eye color, I know. It is a chemical reaction that came to getting the wings," he said remembering what Arrow had told him.

ii_lovebug
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-16-2010, 12:45 AM

Afasia nodded and smiled a little. "Sure, I guess we can try now, but we should go somewhere else. Arrow might see us and I expect you'd get in trouble," she said as she stood up to walk out. She smiled back at him as she walked out.