steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 AM

I can tell you...it's a pain in the butt to get a venue in June. My sister is getting married the 23rd and she went through 4 different venues trying to get the date she wanted.
Anyway, I need to head to bed. Night night.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 AM

yeah definitely a pain. we had already been looking since our anniversary is the 22nd, we were going to get married this 22nd. now its going to be next 22nd unless I decide to just deal with the possibility of rain.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM

I had my wedding in April on the beach in a pavilion in case of rain. But instead I got a lovely sunset >.<

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 AM

I love the beach but idk about a wedding on it. it seems so problematic. we were thinking botanical gardens. I'm really not sure of anything though :( I get that it's MY wedding but everyone seems to feel really passionately about one thing or another. And then my little brother got so hurt at the idea that my other brother would walk me down the isle so now its worked out where both of them will. not traditional, I know, but I couldn't hurt one of my brother's like that :(

one more day and a CI gets given away :)

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM

Well my first choice was under a water fall but I knew my grandma couldn't do the hike to get to it. The beach was avery accesible one with old growth forest on either side, and then we had a grassy lawn with the pavilion over looking the beach beyond. I had the ceramony where the grass hit the sand so that the water didn't come up to us like it did on people on you tube XD Gardens would make a very lovey setting and was actually my first choice until the ones at by my house told me there price *gag* and the beach was only 50 bucks XD

Oh forget it's your wedding. You can try, but I didn't succeed XD Though mine was more or less my grandma's, she's a very strongly opinionated lady >.< BUT that's what renewing your vows is for. I'm doing it once with my friends at the waterfall and then AGAIN in alaska where my hubbys family is for the members that couldn't make it out. Though it sounds expensive you really already have pretty much everything so it's not hard to use it again

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 07:36 AM

there's actually one by me that's part of the university I used to go to that was reasonably priced so we were thinking there. but then my mom wants a vineyard and shaun's mom wants a boat. sigh. but the garden was nice and I can picture something there whereas I really can't picture it elsewhere even with like hotel and vineyard places where they really try to sell you on their location and get that deposit -_-

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 07:47 AM

A boat? That would be awsome but expensive! Is she going to pay for it? I think the gardens are a wonderful classy setting. Vineyards are a BIG deal out here and I can see how it would be a good location, but I don't drink so it's not for me. Yeah big places will try to screw you out of a ton of money, I was going to do a hotel, but I couldn't use ANY outside vendors and of course all there's were overpriced and crappy. I wanted to keep it under 20 people and they said it would still be a min of 1000 bucks in catering o.O

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 AM

ew forget that! I definitely want to use outside vendors. especially since shaun is so picky. and nope. my parents are paying for it. so I have a 20k budget for my wedding which is more than enough and I probably won't even use half of that... >.> especially since shaun and I have already got a lot figured out that's either free or reduced. friend of ours is doing us a huge favor and doing our flowers for free. and one of my art friends wants to do our photos. then my brother's band wants to play for us. and shaun and I hate alcohol so even for our toasts its going to be sparkling cider. people will just have to deal with it >.>

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 01:16 AM ----------

shaun was playing with lightning in this game we play and set one of our houses on fire >.< but it was fun seeing mobs hit by lightning

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 08:29 AM

I did mine for under 1000 not including the transportation and lodging for my family, they paid for that but I did everything else though. I wanted a barbecu, had pansys and dusty miller from my own garden, my mom took the pictures but sadly she was all pissy that day and did a crap job :( But my dress I think was probably the most, and I also wasn't able to buy my bridesmaids dresses and such. That would have been nice to do. Yeah if you guys don't drink a vineyard is really not the choice setting, pretty as they are. XD

lol that is always fun, and sometimes relaxing on a bad day XD

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM

vineyards are so pretty though but i think we both favor the gardens and I think it'd be pretty enough that everyone would be able to learn to like it? Im not sure about the boat. I think it'd be nice but what if people get seasick? I know its not as likely with larger boats but its the what ifs that worry me. I don't really see issues with the gardens. vineyards.. yeah alcohol. i mean its not that we don't drink but things we drink tend to be things that could just as easily be non alcoholic.

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 AM

I cannot stand the burn of alcohol blehehafkjaf >.< I think people would like the gardens when they saw it. The sea sick thing is something your right to be worried about. I get sea sick on larger boats and it wouldn't be cool for people to be puking during your wedding.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM

lol. so using you as an example next time I talk to his mom about it. she is pretty much a broken record with "people don't get sick on larger boats"

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Nope not true at all. I took a road trip to Michigan with my hubby before he was my hubby so my dad could met him. To get across lake michigan we decided to take this ferry thing that would take your car and you across the lake. Playing games and a sunset dinner on a boat sound much better then trying to drive 6 hours around and through Chicago. This boat USED to carry accross train cars and now hauls over 100 cars and rvs and stuff. It said on the website that it was "to big" to get sea sick on so I didn't bother buying and dramadine. BOY was that a mistake, I spent the whole way there puking in the bathroom and trying to find a quite dark place. People could tell I was sick to I heard them commenting. Of course two pills were like 8 bucks on board, I had some for the way back and I was fine, but yes you may tell that story in your defense.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM

That sounds so horrible! I know at least I don't get sick. Shaun and I occasionally go with his friends for some deep sea fishing and I've always been fine but I know my brothers have never been on boats and most of ur friends haven't either so I won't risk it. Hopefully his mom will cave for the garden idea. :P

people want me to have a red velvet cake. its not happening! >.> maybe its just me... but red velvet doesn't taste like anything to me. actually.. it tastes like i imagine the felt on red pool tables would taste.

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM

It was great the way back XD I think the gardens should be good for everyone. They are beautiful, quite romantic, a very classy place for a wedding >.<

hmmm no red velvet is gross, I had an ice cream cake XD you could do one of those cute cupcake tree things and have a variety of flavors?

are you using any wedding planning sites?

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 AM

no wedding planning sites but I was thinking cupcakes since shaun and I have the same nickname for each other: cupcake. lol. even built ourselves a giant cupcake home in that game we play (mine craft)

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 AM

I highly reccomened Wedding Wire, they have TONS of tools and checklist that are very helpful, BUT the best thing is your free wedding website. They are really pretty and a really great way to communicate things to the large group of guests. Also if you do a registry at JCPenny you get a free sitting for engagement portraits, even if you don't buy a thing off of it.

awww sounds like cup cakes may be a good option then XD

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM

lol. I'll be happy so long as its not red velvet. cupcakes would be cute and hopefully still trendy by then.

I didn't know about the jc penny thing. thank you! that would be nice. getting shaun to take pictures is going to be hard. he's more camera shy than I am.

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM

you can always do them as well as the cake, we had desert options >.< They will probably stay in style for a bit because they are SO much cheaper.

I made russ do it so we could use the pictures in our invites >.< I dunno I love the website though because people will ask you the same thing a million times and it's nice to just repeat "it's on the website" rather then ALL the info. Plus it helped me keep track of everything.

Ravinessa24
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM

good morning how are you all doing?

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm doing well. how are you?sadly it's not morning for me really so I have to be heading to bed here :(

Ravinessa24
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2012, 10:27 AM

oh no well have a good night sleep then (=^・ェ・^=)

Bound Birdie

Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM

where are you at? it's almost 4 here

Ravinessa24
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM

im in new york its almost 7 am here

Moon!
I need food...! ;u;

Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 AM

-peeks in- :ninja: