Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 03-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Akane was getting very excited for her prom from the talk of the group. She knew she had picked the right company. "If you need, you can keep the picture. I can also fax over anything else you all will need." Akane said to them. Just as Netsuai left. She stood, giving him a small bow. "Thank you very much for meeting with me."

She looked back to the pair who was left behind. "Four masks will be great. But I am hoping the students will go out and buy their own. After all, the mask is an identity of sorts." Akane said to them. She did like the idea of having four to pick from. Just in case the students did not have the time to find their own.

"Let me give you my email, if Akiye hasn't given it to you just yet." Akane said. Letting the name of her older sister slip. She scribbled down the email on the piece of paper, giving it to Suzu.

---------

All Riley could do was laugh as bit at Kai. He was a very energetic one, and honestly did not know if he could trust the boy with a pair of scissors. Then again, Kouken had to see something in the boy. Riley took the seat behind his desk again. Putting his feet up. He looked up as Ouka came into the room, and within mere seconds was in the arms of Kouken. A small smile appeared on the face of Riley. Although he did not say a word. Even as hard as it was for Riley not to tell them to get a room. He simply pretended to do some work...

---------

"That is alright. As long as it gets fixed." Akiye said to the man over the phone. She was now leaning against the wall. One foot slightly higher than the other as she listened to the man. "The size is twenty-four inches by six inches. Its just a small panel." Akiye continued to say. She remembered the sizing off the top of her head. Although could not remember why or how she did. Then again Akiye was pretty much a fountain of random information sometimes.

"Today would be great, or as soon as you can.." She paused looking up to see Netsuai standing in the doorway. She gave him a small smile, knowing he was not amused. "That would be great. Thank you. See you around three then." Akiye hung up her phone and drew in the deep breath.

"Your door will be fixed within a few hours." Akiye said to him. Putting a check mark on her list. "Miss Jennifer Phan who ordered the bridal dress is also being very indecisive again. She doesn't know if she wants a tiara or vial.. oh, and she believes she wont be able to fit into her dress. She is coming by tomorrow for another fitting."

Last edited by Hresvelgr; 03-06-2011 at 07:29 PM..

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 AM

Gemini located Kouken just as Netsuai walked back into the shop. Doing her best to ignore him,Gemini walked over to the elder brother,pretending out of politeness to not notice the little scene of affection in front of her.
"Um,K-er,sir?" She started,not sure what to call him "I finished sorting everything,if you'd like to check it over and see if i missed anything." she said,somewhat lost for words. She took a deep breath and screwed up her courage.
"A-also,I'd like to ask you something,in private,if that's ok?" she said,barely able to get the words out. Her face itself showed nothing,however her eyes told every emotion and thought going through her.

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 03-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Kai was a bit confused, being shoved around from here to a chair some corner further off. It kind of felt like when he was a child, being stuck in timeout. Though, the practice never really stopped for him…In any case, this was rather unusual for Kou-san to command of him. Opposite as to one might think, he actually could read and memorize at frightening speeds. The problem was always his ADD, of course. Though with just one thing to do, and a simple command from his Master, he was on it.

It didn’t take that long. Not even ten minutes, in fact. ”Heya, Kou-san~ Imma done now, he stated aloud, looking past him to look at Ouka…to which, a small, rosy color appeared on his cheeks. He would never tell why, though, so he only grinned, waving. ”Hiya~”

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 AM

Netsuai nodded. Miss Phan had been changing her opinions on and off for the past month or so now. They had finally gotten her dress completed and were working on the final touches. "That's fine." he murmured. After pushing off the door-frame, he slid his hands into his pockets and wandered over to Akiye's side, peering over her shoulder at the list she held.

"Do you have any free time to talk right now?"

Actually, it didn't matter to Netsuai if she did or if she didn't, he was just asking out of courtesy. Either way, he would get her to talk to him. It was just the way he was. As he waited for a response, he raised a hand and touched the ends of Akiye's hair, thinking back to his meeting with her sister just a few minutes ago. The two of them were just so...different to him.

----------------

Kouken cleared his throat as Gemini's voice reached his ears. As he turned to reply to her question, Kaizoku appeared, to which Kouken waved a hand dismissively, indicating that he was busy at the moment and for Kaizoku to find another way to pass time and to not get into any trouble.

"Mm...well, alright."

He reached out and motioned for Gemini to follow him as he promptly turned and left the room. He considered the different rooms in the building before taking a right and entering the room reserved for customer fittings.

"What did you need?"

He'd heard Kaizoku greeting Ouka as he had led Gemini away and could only hope that Ouka wouldn't get too annoyed with Kaizoku and leave. After all, he'd only just gotten there and they had so much to catch up on.

--------------

Ouka paused mid-step and turned his head slightly, pink eyes apathetic. He looked the hyper blond over before nodding slightly. "Hello..." He was still rather reserved around new people and considering the position he'd seen Kaizoku and Kouken in before, he was also a bit defensive at the moment. Not to mention this blond had interrupted his attempt to run away.

Hresvelgr

Old 03-20-2011, 01:01 AM

---------

"Is it about my sister?" Akiye asked him. Although she seemed perfectly calm, she honestly was worried about what sort of responce Ai would have towards her. The last time he was really angry at her it was because Akiye decided to drag her sister home. Probably did not help Akiye was sick at the time. Of coarse she knew after all. Just decided to go along with it when her sister called the store. The girl tried to give Akiye different information and everything. Of coarse after work Akiye gave her a call about the matter. The two together were complete opposites. Akiye was very responsible for one. While her sister enjoyed going to parties. When together they fought back and forth for hours sometimes. But that mainly started back when Akiye was in and out of the hospital in high school. Her sister being the spoiled princess she could be seemed to make things worse for their parents. Drugs, drinking, selling her body for money. You name it, Akane probably did it. But there were plenty of things Akiye had only told to Netsuai, and plenty of things she told no one. But who knew. Maybe it was something different with Netsuai. Then again, what could it have been about?

She turned and looked up to him. He was probably a good head above her. The thing about Akiye and her sister, and what Netsuai didn't completely know was Akiye was the one paying for her sister to go threw school. Akiye was not one to give up on the girl, and honestly did not wish to hear it when someone confronted her about giving too much. Akane honestly was a very lucky, spoiled girl. Akiya even went out of her way to send her two hundred dollars a month for her to eat. Or at least Akiye hoped she was eating and not using the money for more drugs.

But there was much about her financial life she simply did not tell others.

"Yes I do though." Akiye said. Brushing a bit of her short hair behind the back of her ear. "...There is something I have to tell you too when you are done, Ai." She warned him. Akiye had a doctors appointment just a few weeks prior. Although she had assured everyone she was fun, in truth she had testing done. The results came back two nights ago. And even though Akiye had a feeling for a long time, it was now simply fact. She was sick again. Not contagious of coarse, but still sick none the less. How am I going to break it lightly to everyone... Akiye thought to herself. Thinking of the others right away over herself. Netsuai was always Akiye worried over the most. Each time she had told him, he reacted completely differently. Although she did not want the interns or customers to learn of her.. medical history. Many right away thought they would become sick if they were near her. Which was completely false, and incredibly stupid in her opinion. What a better way to make someone feel better than to cast them away?

Last edited by Hresvelgr; 06-01-2011 at 10:10 PM..

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 AM

gemini took a deep breath and then let it out,as if words failed her on her first attempt to produce them.she looked away,then took another breath and looked kouken in the eye.fear,shame,embarassment and determination were written all over her young face,making her look both younger and older at once.
"um...ahem...s-sir,i wanted to ask you about...your brother." she said,clearly summoning courage.
"i wanted to ask what i could do to catch his attention-in a good way.besides working hard and doing well,i mean." she explained further,gaining momentum and not wanting to stop now.
"what i mean is.........." she blushed deeply and looked away again."what i mean is that...I Really Like Him Alot And I Know He Doesn't Like Me So I Wanted To Know What He Likes In A Girl." she said,all in a rush.

Last edited by Gemini; 05-21-2011 at 06:47 PM..

Hresvelgr

Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 PM

*Kicks Aoi* ((Its Rping! not just ooc!! see the *'s ^_^ illiterate rping ftw!!))

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-01-2011, 11:21 PM

*is kicked* ((owiee...alright alright, I'll stop being a lazy-butt and post XD))

When Gemini turned to meet his gaze Kouken raised an eyebrow at the emotions that ran on display across her face. Must have been something really important...or at least something that had been her mind for quite a while if she was this determined to get it off her chest.

"um...ahem...s-sir,i wanted to ask you about...your brother."

Kouken's expression went from the slightly amused warm one he normally had to one of slack-jawed surprise. True, while they were in school Netsuai had attracted a lot of attention (from both genders) with his unnatural beauty but this...Kouken raised a hand and wrapped his fingers around his chin in a thoughtful gesture.

"About my brother, huh?"

He sighed and let his hand fall back to his side before crossing both arms over his chest. What a difficult question... Love was something that Netsuai and Kouken had never really talked to each other about. It was a given that the two brothers loved each other. When Kouken started dating Ouka, Netsuai hadn't even bashed an eyelash, instead he had done something that had touched Kouken.

Kouken knew his brother didn't trust easily, and that he accepted people into family even less. So when Netsuai had taken Ouka on as a younger brother...Kouken was truly touched. He knew his younger brother loved him with all the love that was left for family. He'd been the only one left to love after all.

Netsuai had always been close with their parents, much closer than Kouken had been. Their family had been really tight-knit as well, so when the news came in that they'd been killed in some freak accident...well, Netsuai had issues with that. He started to feel like the people he truly loved and cherished were all going to start leaving him after that. It was a dark period of time in the brother's relationship. The slightest things would set Netsuai off and it was like walking on eggshells around him. If he thought he'd offended Kouken at all, or anyone for that matter, he'd immediately start apologizing, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. Kouken was glad those days were over, they'd been terrible. He'd never felt so useless around his little brother before.

And then he himself...for him, love came in the form of a small photographer that was both shy and unarguably adorable. Kouken felt that he'd truly been blessed when Ouka had entered his life. Kouken had always thought of himself as being straight, never once giving the people his gender a second glance until he'd seen Ouka. The way he'd directed the photoshoot, held himself behind the camera...Kouken had gotten hooked after the first glance.

Suddenly realizing just how long he'd been lost in thought, Kouken blinked quickly before offering an apologetic smile to Gemini.

"I understand that it might be difficult to believe, but I'm not exactly the best person to ask about this. I suppose since I'm Ai's older brother I'd probably know how to answer this but...our tastes in...ah...partners isn't exactly...err..." He waved one of his hands vaguely. "Well suffice it to say, I'm not the best person to ask that question to."

With Netsuai...

"About your sister....?" Netsuai trailed off to let his mind wander a bit. "Oh, right. Your sister. She's our new customer...but you knew that already." Netsuai returned his hands to his pockets and shrugged lightly. "I don't mind that you didn't tell me it was her earlier. Just mildly annoyed. You know how we don't exactly see eye to eye after all."

Truthfully Netsuai didn't really mind who became one of his clients. A customer was a customer and they all deserved a chance at happiness. And if his dress shop could help them to that happiness...well, all the better.

His eyes narrowed slightly in question when Akiye said she had something to say as well. The last times she's said those words hadn't exactly been...pleasant.

"Why don't you go first Akiye?" Netsuai urged, softly. "What I had to say wasn't important anyway."

((whoosh...there you guys go XD))

Hresvelgr

Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM

Riley started to drink a bit from the coffee he had bought earlier. Although it was cold, he did not mind too much. It was still a drink without walking the long walk to the kitchen. Tipping his head back a bit as he heard Gemini approach Kouken about the subject of Ai. And honestly the first thing did come to mind as it normally did with Ai. is he single?' Can you ask him out for me? The poor older brother heard it all. And normally Riley stood beside him while girls handed him notes for Ai and other things like it. There was a long pause as Riley got close to finishing the coffee, hearing his answer though made Riley choke on the liquid. Moving up and swallowing it painfully before coughing.

"Sorry sorry. Carry on..." Riley said apologetically. He honestly had no problem with who his friends dated or saw, whatever. It was just the way Kouken had said it. Riley simply was not expecting it.

"Jamie hun," Riley said, obviously not getting her name wrong any time soon, "What do you mean by that question?" Riley said, already have a feeling. But maybe she meant in a business aspect... at least he hoped so to be honest.

------------

Akiye was pleasantly surprised how Ai seemed to not care about the meeting. Which completely worked for her. He had a very relaxed posture about him, but quickly seemed to change as she mentioned her own.. needing to tall him something. Which only narrowed Netsuai's eyes. Even for knowing Ai for years, these slight and quick changes always worried Akiye. Although it was not fear he would do something, just mainly Akiye preparing herself for the worst. She did not go on right away. Instead beat around the bush so to speak.

"I'm very sorry about that. I just wasn't sure how to tell you. She is getting better." Something Akiye had been telling herself for years. But now Netsuai gave her room to speak. Akiye took a slight breath in, lowering her voice. Not that anyone in the other room could ear them in the first place.

"My doctors appointment a few weeks ago..." Akiya trailed off. The same way she had twice before, long in the past. "..tested positive for leukemia.. again." She said very slowly. Although the words came out very easy for Akiye, her expression was very calm. She had known for a few days now and had come to terms with it.

"They caught it early enough this time-" She stopped, hearing choking from the other room, followed by Riley apologizing. Her body leaned back into the table she used for a temporary desk, crossing her arms over her chest. Really lost in her own thought. "I'm not scared this time... Just sort of accept it. Is that strange? I have been asking myself why I feel this way since Monday when my doctor told me." Akiye said to him. Thinking out loud by this point. Her voice was still down while she spoke with her childhood friend. Akiye had to wonder when she would start feeling the signs. Fatigue was always a big symptom for her. She would start to sleep in, take naps. high fevers always caught her too. Not to mention when anyone else was sick, Akiye was sure to catch it. Little thing like this lingered into her mind, but she still seemed alright with it...

"I apologize Ai. Getting myself sidetracked. What did you wish to speak about?" She finally looked up to him. Looking right into his eyes. Need to tell my family too.. friends. Set up appointments, visits.

((Yay! I win xD))

Last edited by Hresvelgr; 06-02-2011 at 03:09 AM..

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 AM

gemini looked at kouken,confused,then it clicked.she didn't say anything,for fear of offending him,but she nodded.then riley spoke to her-getting her name wrong.she sighed and turned to answer him.
"i don't suppose it's any use correcting you on my real name?" she asked,chuckling.it was a little bit funny,but she didn't mind too much.
"what i meant was that i am romantically interested in my boss,and that i would like to know what i can do to get his attention in a romantically proactive way." she said,putting it as bluntly as possible.
"i would ask him myself,but i'm so clumsy when i talk to people,i'm afraid i might make him angry at me again.i really don't want to do that." she explained,a blush spreading across her cheeks.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 PM

Kouken raised an eyebrow in amusement when he heard Riley spluttering as he choked on his coffee. Well, what did he expect when he was eavesdropping?

he tilted his head slightly, listening to Gemini as you explained herself to Riley. Her words elicited a sigh from Kouken. Exactly like back in school. Really...Netsuai has no idea what kind of charm he has. Kouken sighed, shaking his head.

"Well, what do you think Riley? A little nostalgic isn't it?" Kouken asked his childhood friend in a somewhat tired tone.

With Netsuai...

Netsuai dismissed the comment about Akiye's sister to the back of his mind. He knew that that wasn't what was important. As soon as she mentioned her doctor, Netsuai's eyes widened for a moment before they returned to their normal apathetic stare, his hands curling into fists by his side. It took all his willpower, but he could still feel his hands shaking as Akiye spoke.

When she finished, saying something about not being scared, Netsuai reached out suddenly and grasped her forearm, pulling her to him so that he could wrap his arms around her. He rested his head on top of hers, breathing in her scent. He closed his eyes and hugged her closer, his entire body shaking. She might not have been scared, but Netsuai was deathly frightened of what could happen to his dear friend.

"Don't apologize...not for something like this..." he said softly, his voice suddenly hoarse from the emotions he was trying to suppress. He ran a hand through her hair, taking a shuddering breath in. "Have you..." His voice cracked slightly and he stopped to clear his throat before starting again. "Have you set up your appointments yet? I'll go with you. You can move in here with Kouken and I, it's better than staying at your apartment right now. You won't have to take the bus or anything and risk getting even more sick, I'll drive you. And-" Netsuai cut himself off, realizing he was rambling and just squeezed his arms tighter around Akiye, taking deep breaths to try and calm down his frazzled mind.

Hresvelgr

Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 AM

Riley seemed to completely miss the part about Gemini mentioning him pronouncing her name wrong. Or he simply was not listening. It could honestly go either way with Riley. Although he was glad she did not beat around the bush. Gemini got right to the point of telling then what she wanted, and what she was seeking. The only obvious problem Riley saw, besides Netsuai of coarse, was the age. How old was Gemini compared to Netsuai? That was at least six, seven, maybe even eight years. He looked to Kouken, who seemed to only look back at him.

Oh man.. what a delicate sitution... Riley thought to himself. He could tell her Netsuai was not interested, he could try and talk it out with her... But he also did not want to deal with a heartbroken intern the entire day. Or simply let Netsuai deal with it. Even though at the same time it probably was the worst choice. "You got that right Kou..." Riley said to his friend. Leaning back in his chair. Deciding to stand on the sidelines with Kouken. He was way too old to deal with this sort of thing..

"I think the easiest way is to just talk to Netsuai.." Riley said to her honestly. Every now and then glancing to Kouken. Normally Riley was good with girls too. Speaking with them, Advice. But when it came to the Genchi brother's, it worked a bit differently. "I understand you are clumsy with speaking, but you are doing fine now." Riley pointed out. It also crossed his mind he had scene Akiye and him holding hand earlier. Even though it had been a split second or two. Or he had not scene either of them for a few minutes now. Akiye for almost an hour. "I'm going to go check on them.. err Netsuai. I'll let him know you are done with your work Jamie, and the great job you did." Riley said standing up and heading into the kitchen since he could get to the hallway from there also.

He rounded the corner, seeing Netsuai nearly shaking holding Akiye. Riley stopped in his tracks seeing the two. Not saying a thing at first, but he had caught the end of what Akiye had said. "What is going on?" Riley asked the two. Looking between Netsuai and Akiye.
------------

Akiye noticed right away his small changes. His eyes widened, his hands transformed into fists, and his started to shake. Ai was trying to control himself, trying to stop is reaction to her story. It worried Akiye, but his reaction to reach out and hold her was very much welcomed. "Shhh, it's okay.." Akiye cooed him as he started to ramble out of nervousness. Trying her best to calm his attacking emotions. Netsuai bottled himself up for far too long, it was almost like he was not sure how to react to something like this. Then again, he was reacting better than most. Riley once he knew got very uncomfortable. Unsure how to react, or even if it was safe to even touch Akiye. Then again he had bruised her in the past during treatments. So he was understandably uncomfortable.

Then there were the new interns, and Ouka. They had no idea. Unless Kouken told Ouka, which honestly Akiye had no problem with. It at least would make it more expected. But Gemini and Kenage. Would they even want to keep working there? "I'm not contagious Netsuai..." She muttered into his chest, wrapping her own arms around him. Leaning into his grip and closing any space there could have been between them. "I have, my first is two days from now. You are welcome Ai of coarse.. if you are comfortable with it." Her speech was very calm to counter his nervousness.

As much as Akiye wanted to say she could handle herself, she knew it was a lie. If she began to get very sick, Akiye would need the help. Less normal blood cells it meant she would easily get fevers and any other illnesses. Not to mention they would make sure she ate. And randomly she would probably get tired.. It would help.. But would Kouken be alright with it? Customers came to the store every now and then for fittings. Having Akiye there all of the time may not have been the best idea.. "Netsuai.. we have been best friends for years, but this is beyond anything. Taking care of me.. are you sure? My parents had a hard time with it the first time around, its just what if--- Are you sure?" Akiye was about to ask what if things took a turn for the worst, but decided to not even mention it. Talking about death with Netsuai was probably the worst mistake she could make right then.

"My first treatment is in two days though. For now they caught it early enough. But because it is my third time they are watching me closely-" She stopped looking up to see Riley standing in the hall. Probably coming to check on them both. Akiye had not even realized how much time had gone past. "I-uh.." Akiye started, her hands found themselves gripping the fabric of Netsuai's shirt. "I am sick again Riley." She said in the same tone she had been using with Netsuai.

Riley's eyes widened a bit, nodding. Stuffing his hands into his pockets as his eyes adverted towards the floor. Thinking a bit to himself. "I'm sorry... Gemini," He said finally getting her name right, "Finished with her work... She did a great job.." Riley said obviously very nervous himself now. Knowing he was changing the subject from something very important. But there was only a few hours left for work. "I'm sorry guys. Oh, and Netsuai. When you get the chance your brother wants to mention something to you." Riley continued.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-13-2011, 02:12 AM

gemini raised an eyebrow,guessing what the other was thinking.before she could answer,though,he was gone.she turned to kouken.
"the problem is my age,isn't it? aside from other problems.i know it's a seven year difference,but i'll be 18 in a couple months..." she trailed off,feeling exhausted.
"i'll try talking to him,though i'm guessing i'm not the first girl to have a serious crush on him.i'll probably get turned down,but..." she closed her eyes for a moment.when she opened them again,they were filled with firey determination.
"if there's anything i've learned since my parents died,it's that giving up gets you nowhere.if i give up without even trying,i'll always regret it.so i'm going to give it my best shot and that way,even if i go down,i'll go down with pride." she bowed to kouken.
"thank you for talking to me,sir.i hope i may continue working here,and at least be friends with you,even after i try this." she said,wondering what would happen,and how her aunt would react if she came home jobless again.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-02-2011, 11:11 PM

Netsuai started when he realized that Riley had appeared at the end of the hall, but he left the explaining up to Akiye, since it wasn't really his news to tell. Instead he chose to think over what Akiye had said after he'd offered to let her stay in the shop with his brother and himself.

Really, he doubted that Kouken would mind, even with the extra person around, it wasn't like they didn't have the room for her. And if anything did happen...Netsuai preferred to be able to know as soon as possible, not later after everything had already happened and it was too late.

"I'm sure." he murmured into Akiye's hair before finally letting her go and dropping his arms back to his sides. He looked up when Riley said his name and blinked before nodding to show that he'd heard what his friend had said. He should probably go tell Kouken about offering to let Akiye stay too. Without another word Netsuai left to probably go look for his brother.

With Kouken he was scratching the back of his head.

"Actually, the problem isn't really about your age..." Kouken really didn't understand why most people would instantly think of age as the main issue. It really wasn't. With things like "love" and the like age didn't really matter did it? As Kouken chewed on his bottom lip in an attempt to stall for a response, a distraction, in the form of a photographer by the name of Ouka, entered the room. Kouken's expression immediately lit up.

"Nevermind all the talk of being fired and such. Have you been formally introduced to our photographer yet?" Kouken motioned for the sleepy looking Ouka to come over and the photographer complied, walking over and stopping a few feet away. Kouken threw an arm over the photographer's shoulder and pulled the younger male into his side.
"This is Ouka. He's the most adorable person you'll ever meet." At that kind of introduction one would probably expect Ouka to flush or at least protest, instead he merely blinked and leaned his head lazily into the crook of Kouken's neck.

"I'm sleepy." the photographer mumbled. "...and hungry." Kouken couldn't help but compare his boyfriend to a little kid with the way he was so blunt about certain things. "I think there were some leftovers in the fridge..." Kouken mumbled in thought.

At those words Ouka untangled himself from Kouken's arms and made as if to leave the room. Kouken's expression fell and he looked about ready to run after the 22-year-old when Netsuai appeared in the doorway and blocked Ouka's path. Netsuai raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on Ouka's shoulder, turning him right back around and subtly pushing the photographer back into Kouken's arms.

"Did you have something to tell me Kou?"

Kouken's gaze went from the photographer he had wrapped his arms around to his brother's face and then to the part-timer and back again. "Erm..."

((uhh...i don't know anymore >.>))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-03-2011, 02:45 AM

gemini's eyes went wide and she nearly choked on whatever she had been about to say.in truth,she thought kouken might not have been into girls,but she didn't realize he had a boyfriend.she thought it was sweet.but she didn't get a chance to say so,because netsuai chose that moment to arrive on the scene.kouken was obviously having some trouble under the pressure,so gemini stepped in.
"um,excuse me,netsuai-sama? it was actually me who wanted to ask you a question.th-that is,if that's ok w-with you."she said,mustering up her courage and hoping he didn't notice her stuttering.
u-um,i w-would like to ask you a question...in private.is that alright?" she asked,fighting down the blush that threatened to overtake her entire face.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-04-2011, 05:23 PM

Netsuai glanced from his brother to the part-timer and sighed. He could already guess what this was about if Kouken didn't want to say it. He raised a hand and ran it through his hair before turning on his heel and motioning for Gemini to follow him with a curl of his fingers. Before he completely left the room though, Netsuai paused with a hand on the doorway.

"I offered Akiye a room here. You should go talk to her. Bring Ouka with you." Though he didn't turn, his statement was obviously directed at his brother. With that done he left the room, not really caring if the part timer was following him.

As he walked, Netsuai concentrated on the tap of shoes as memories swam to the forefront of his mind. High school...college...all those times girls had asked him to talk in private. And not girls only either. He mentally sighed as he climbed the stairs and then stopped at the top of the staircase, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest, his expression neutral.

"Well? This is the most privacy we'll ever get here."

With Kouken...

Watching his brother leave with the part timer, Kouken heaved a sigh and dropped his weight onto Ouka, making the younger boy stumble at the sudden weight gain.

"Kou...kun...?"

"Mm...?"

Ouka's gaze softened at Kouken's tired mumble and he raised a hand to pat the older male's head. A smile alighted on Kouken's lips and he leaned over to press his lips to Ouka's cheek before straightening up and taking one of Ouka's smaller hands into one of his own.

"Let's go get you something to eat, hm?"

Kouken would have to go and find Akiye also, considering what Netsuai had told him. There was something in Netsuai's tone that worried him...With that thought in mind Kouken dragged Ouka out the door with him and down the hall, lost in thought.

He was so lost in thought in fact, he didn't hear Ouka try to warn him about walking into Riley and would have walked into the other male had Ouka not pulled harshly on his hand and gotten him to stop at the sudden flair of pain in his arm. The little photographer was definitely stronger than he looked.

Hresvelgr

Old 07-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Akiye glanced up at Netsuai as he gave her an answer. Something she was actually excited for. She had spent the night numerous times. Mainly when her neighbors acted up, or the nights they were up late for varies reasons. That typically being when they all either worked late, or went out to a club. Which was something they seldom did. For good reason. Riley purposely made sure he was not the designated driver. Netsuai headed into the other room within a couple of seconds, leaving Akiye and Riley alone in the hall.

Riley walked up to Akiye, leaning against the wall on his side. Riley and Akiye had known each other for a very long time. Mainly because they were neighbors when growing up. Even threw most of school the two lived next to each other. Riley's parents moved a few towns over after he started collage, but their rooms even were right across the small alley that separated the two houses. When Akiye finally started school, everyone thought the two were siblings. That was of coarse from the way they argued at the time. Hating each other, then hugging the next second.

"Have you told your parents? I know you tend to forget details like that." Riley said to her in a hushed tone.

"Of coarse not yet. I was going to call later in the week. With Akane finishing school in a couple of months, I really don't want to take attention away from her. You now personally how she is."

Riley nodded. He had witness several fights between the two sisters to know where Akiye was coming from. But still there was something. "You are sick though Akiye. They need to know. But there is something more, isn't there?" Riley said to her firmly. Even gaining a slight glare, which he gladly returned.

It was then Riley looked over his shoulder. Hearing Ouka and Kouken enter the hallway. Akiye turned back towards the binder she had. Fixing it up and closing it before Ouka had to stop Kouken from walking into Riley. Something that made Riley laugh. He enjoyed seeing the pair together. It never once bothered him to see the two males together. In fact, he loved seeing them. It always seemed to lighten the mood in the room. Even Akiye had a smile upon seeing the two.

"Hey Ouka, hey Kouken"
Riley and Akiye said together. Riley even turned back towards Akiye to add, "Jinx."

"I hate you Riley." Akiye replied jokingly back before looking towards the two love birds. Unsure how to even tell them. Well, mainly Ouka. Akiye loved the photographer, he was a great addition to their little family. Not to mention probably one of the sweetest guys she had ever met. Come to think of it, when they first met, Akiye had no hair. So it was obvious something was wrong with Akiye. "Netsuai told you to come talk to me Kou?" Akiye asked him. Already knowing the answer. She had a bad habit of doing that after all.

"I told Netsuai about my doctors visit earlier this week. I tested positive for Acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Because I have had other forms in the past, and I am older, my chances are dramatically lower my doctor told me. About forty to fifty percent. I haven't told Netsuai the details mainly because of the way he reacted in the past. I am not sure how to go about something like this to be honest. I will tell him the details, I can assure you." Akiye told Kouken and Ouka. She could not lie to the older male after all. He had the intimating older brother feel to him. Making the truth spill out of her like tipping a glass of water over.

Last edited by Hresvelgr; 07-04-2011 at 06:48 PM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 PM

Kouken looked up from where he had been rubbing his arm and pouting at Ouka to smile at Riley and Akiye. "Hey guys." "Hi." Kouken's grin widened even more when Ouka said hi without needing the prompting from Kouken. He ruffled Ouka's hair and while the younger male attempted to fix his already messy hair, he looked back up to Akiye and nodded.

All joking mannerisms disappeared at the news that Akiye told him and Kouken paled drastically. Beneath his hand he could feel Ouka's muscles tense and Kouken tried to restart his heart, which seemed to have skipped a beat...or maybe a dozen.

"Ai's going to freak..." Kouken finally managed out in a choked sounding voice. "No wonder he said he offered to let you stay. Now I'm telling you you're staying here." he finished, his overprotective nature shining through his sudden wave of terror. He could faintly register Ouka moving out of his grasp and over to the older woman.

Ouka took a few tentative steps forward before wrapping his arms around Akiye, a soft pink tint to his face. He wasn't used to comforting others and so his embrace probably felt stiff.

"We just...have to believe the best...right?"

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2011, 03:25 AM

Alexx opened her eyes to the light peering through the window of her studio apartment. She grumbled and turned over. Hangovers were the worst. She didn't drink a lot. This only happened once before. She was mad at herself for doing it again.

Alexx looked at the clock and it was way later than she thought it was. She was late for work. She was the makeup artist. It was a job that she liked and was highly grateful for. She was lucky that she could work with friends. She felt like if she got a job with strangers or people she didn't know, it would take a long time to warm up to her and vice versa. Her personality was not something everyone could understand. She was very sarcastic and some people thought of that as rude. She was just glad that she had met people that she thought were like that as well. Not the sarcastic part, but close enough. It may not have been for the same reason, but it worked. She was lucky that they trusted her.

Alexx rolled out of bed and immediately went to the medicine cabinet in her bathroom. She took two Advils and took a shower with burning hot water. Afterwards, she went to her closet and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a white tank top. She brushed her hair quickly and put on some eyeliner. She didn't like going heavy on the makeup even though she was a makeup artist. It was pretty ironic, actually.

She slipped on her dark red heels, grabbed her bag, and left the apartment. The '90 Cadillac Deville that her dad gave her was parked in the garage of the building and she started driving to work. She remembered that there was a mention of new interns or part timers or something. She actually hoped that they would like her. Alexx thought that working with people she didn't get along with or others that didn't get along with the rest of the people was the worst possible thing. How were you supposed to get work done when you refuse to communicate?

And to add to that, their job was to make other people happy and feel special. How were you supposed to do that when you couldn't be in a good mood and environment while in the process? It just didn't make sense to her.

Alexx tried to be as open as possible. She talked to other people very willingly. She thought that her personality was the main issue. It's not that she was mean. Again, it was her sarcasm. She explained to people and some of her friends sometimes had to explain for her, but some people refused to give her a chance. She just thought, haters gon' hate and that was that.

She pulled up into the first parking spot she saw a block away from the place and put the car into park. She got out and squinted at the sunlight. She also hoped that Ai wouldn't be mad at her for being that late. She felt like something important was supposed to be happening and was afraid she missed it.

Alexx opened the door like she did so many times before and took a few steps in, letting the door close behind her. "Hey guys. Sorry I'm late...very late, actually."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 AM

gemini started to blush,but stopped herself and looked up at her boss.taking a breath to calm herself,she made a decision to be straightforward,instead of just being a blushing little girl.she had to be confident.she raised her head and looked natsuai straight in the eye.
"ok,so i don't see any point in beating around the bush here...just,before i continue,i just want to say that whatever you think is fine with me,as long as i don't get fired 'cause i really need this job." she said,summoning her confidence as much as she could.
"netsuia-san,i happen to like you...alot.why i can't tell,because we obviously don't get along well,but there it is.i like you.i might like you way more than i should,way more than my pride would ever let me admit.but i don't excpect you to like me back,or anything like that.i just wanted to tell you because if i didn't take the chance,i'd always look back and hate myself for not trying.i would always wonder.and i learned a long time ago that if you don't tell the people you care about just how you feel,you may never get the chance again.so if you don't like me or anything like that,it's ok,because i just wanted to let you know.and thank you for hearing me out." she said,her voice never wavering.once she finished,she bowed politely,just as her mother had taught her.

Hresvelgr

Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM

Riley was quiet as Akiye spoke to Kouken and Oaku. Although even he lightened a few shades at her news. Riley for once was at a complete loss from words. Unable to process the idea Akiye could possibly not be around in the future. Oaku's reaction brought a heartwarming smile to Riley's face. Even though the boy seemed so stiff. He was also very happy to hear Akiye had her friends to take care of her. There was no possible way she would be left alone. After all, even Riley lived just down the street if the brother had to go out.

"Akiye will be fine. As healthy as always in a couple of months I bet."

He heard the door open, followed by the voice of Alexx. A smile crossed Riley's face. She was late, very late. "I'll head to greet Alexx." Riley said to them, pushing off of the wall. After all, who better to greet the very late Alexx than Riley. The only one there who would cast a joke or two about being late. Riley put a smile on his face before stepping back down the hall, into the kitchen and out into the main room with the front door. There stood Alexx near the front door.

"Your not late, its only two in the afternoon." Riley said with a laugh. He knew why she was late. Riley went out with her last night, had a few drinks. Alexx had a few more, and well she probably forgot to set her alarm. Responsible adults, right? At least neither of them drove home after wards. "You look like hell." Riley joked, stepping into the room. He honestly hoped his complexion went back to its normal color.

"I got you a drink from the coffee shop earlier. It is probably cold by now. Since somebody just couldn't wake up to get it." Riley smirked, heading towards the cardboard tray of coffee and teas Riley had purchased earlier in the day. "Oh, the part timer is Jamie (xD) Btw. Nice girl, I find her loud sometimes though. Less obnoxious than me of coarse. Ouka is here, he and Kouken are probably going to make food soon or something. Akiye.. Is being Akiye. She didn't sleep last night, so I am waiting for the coffee to ware off and her to crash any time now. What else... We have a new order, although Netsuai hasn't given us details just yet. Speaking of Netsuai... He seems to be in a mood today. Nothing out of the norm though." Riley quickly updated her a bit.

----

"Thank you Kouken." Akiye was taken back by Kouken's order. His over protectiveness shinning threw. It was something Akiye could easily recognize. Since she herself was the older sibling in her own family. It was Ouka that left Akiye speechless. His embrace was very stiff, but comforting. Akiye even took the time to wrap her own arms around Ouka's neck and hugged him back. Akiye did let go though, knowing Ouka was uncomfortable with the contact.

She heard the front door open, and Alexx enter. She was late, which Akiye took a mental note on. Normally at any other job it would mean she would receive less pay in her check at the end of the week. But in more cases, Netsuai could care less. Akiye would have to double check with him. Everyone there was friends, but this was still work after all. Akiye would make her way into the room in a couple of minutes.

"Right.. They caught it early this time. But they are talking about a full blood transfusion after each treatment. But I am going in on Wednesday for my first treatment. Netsuai said he would like to go with me." Akiye told Kouken. His presence would be welcomed of coarse. Probably the only reason she was looking forward to Wednesday was because Netsuai would be with her. Having cancer each time really made Akiye appreciate what she had in life. But also made her realize the little things people took for granted. Like any other girl, Akiye dreamed of having a family, getting married, dying old. All wishes people took for granted. What Akiye had said to Netsuai earlier, she of coarse still meant it. Akiye probably always would. Maybe she was ruining a perfectly good friendship.. Akiye would never press the issue with Netsuai.

"We should move on with the day now.. Yes?" Akiye said to the boys. Honestly ready to get off of the subject. Although now that Alexx was here, she would need to tell her. Part of her hoped Riley would just accidentally say it. But even he was careful. "Not that there is much work to be done now. If it is alright Kouken, I may go take a nap after I greet Alexx." Akiye asked him. She was starting to feel the effects of not sleeping at all the night before. Damn neighbors. After receiving an answer from Kouken, Akiye smiled, "I am sorry to completely kill the mood for today. We should go save Riley before Alexx decides to toss him threw a window." Akiye said to both of the boys before heading towards the main room.

Missing the last bit of what Riley was saying. "Giving her trouble already Riley?" Akiye said to him, walking into the room to pull Alexx into a greeting hug. She let go just a second later. "Hi Alexx. Don't worry too much about it. A package came in for you over the weekend. I left it at your desk. Makeup I can assume. How are you?"

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Alexx was greeted by Riley. Even though some people were annoyed by the fact that he wasn't good with names, she didn't care. She figured that he remembered her name by the fact that it was simple. It was Alex with two x's. It was her choice for her nickname to be spelled "Alexx". She almost couldn't respond to Alexandrah.

Alexx found it easy to talk to Riley. To her, it seemed like he had an easygoing sense of humor and could always crack a joke. She thought it matched well with her sarcasm, therefore making it easy for her to talk to him. Alexx had actually gone out drinking with him last night. She should've stopped when he had.

"Of course I'm not late, Riley." She replied. Even with the hangover, she still managed to be sarcastic and play along with his jokes. To his other comment, she said, "I always look like hell." She smiled. "And thanks for the coffee. I would've woke up to get it if my alarm clock didn't break and someone could've called me to inform me of this lateness." She purposely cleared her throat. "Cool. New orders..."

Alexx saw Akiye walk in and when she was hugged, she hugged back. She released Akiye and said, "Riley? Giving me me trouble? No. Not at all." She laughed. "Yes. The makeup." She remembered. "I'm trying a new company because they supposedly have this new hypoallergenic makeup for sensitive skin or something. And I've been good...except for this stupid hangover. It's my fault though. Ugh. How've you been?"

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 AM

After Gemini's little...speech was over Netsuai remained silent, just watching the girl with an unchanging expression. This was one of the reasons he had objected to needing a part-timer, though he had to admit the girl had guts, most waited at least a week before trying to speak to him.

"...I cannot return your feelings. But I can assure you that I don't fire my employees just because they've confessed to me." Netsuai answered in a soft voice, just above a whisper. Yes, he could be quite cold and a bit rude sometimes, but he didn't have a heart of ice. Netsuai, no matter how many times he'd done it before, could never get away with turning down girls unscathed. It just added another notch to his ever growing list of guilty moments.

He let out a breath of air and uncrossed his arms as he heard the front door open and then shut. He took a few steps down and paused on the step that Gemini was on. "You're still a teenager. You'll find someone to love you as you will probably love them one day. I'm just not that someone." he murmured before continuing down the rest of the staircase. That was the best he could do in a situation like that, he just wasn't made emotionally for these things he thought to himself as he turned into the hallway that led to the front door and watched with slight amusement as Riley greeted Alexx. A few moments later even Akiye showed up. He liked the laid-back atmosphere that his little shop owned. Since the workforce was comprised mainly of people who had grown up knowing each other or had become good friends, it was easier to help nervous customers relax as they were sucked into the somewhat peaceful-ish aura of the place.

"Well, well, look who finally decided to join us." Netsuai said, the barest hints of amusement apparent in his voice.

With Ouka and Kouken...

After Akiye released Ouka from her hug, he returned to Kouken's side, fidgeting slightly with his sleeves as Akiye explained a little more to Kouken. In the time that he'd been with these people they'd become his new family, especially after his old one practically threw him out into the streets.

Kouken waved slightly as Akiye left after Riley to greet Alexx. Then he turned to Ouka and smiled slightly. "What do you say we go and make a snack for everybody in the kitchen and try to make ourselves look...ah...more normal?" He knew without a doubt that he probably looked like he'd just seen a ghost. Kouken ran a hand over his face before he felt Ouka take his hand again and the two hurried into the kitchens to see what they could make for everybody to eat.

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 AM

Alexx turned to see that Netsuai had joined the conversation. She figured that he would address her lateness. She usually wasn't late so she was hoping that he wouldn't be too mad -or that there was nothing important for her to do. She decided to turn off the sarcasm and answer normally. "Sorry, sorry. It's...a long story." She grinned feeling slightly guilty about being so late. Yes, they have been friends for a while, but still. She someitmes thought that it made the fact worse. "I hope there's nothing...important to take care of. I hear from Riley that there's a new order?"

Alexx actually hoped that there was a new order. She hoped that it was a big one. She actually also loved her job. She liked the fact that you could change how someone looks and then they could go back to normal later. It gave her the opportunity to be an artist. She was really into the arts: photography, music...But her job at Amaranthine was great. She couldn't imagine working somewhere else that was so chill and welcoming.

Even though her father paid half the rent for her apartment every month (he insisted that he did, she insisted the opposite), she wanted to make some extra money for herself and by herself and hopefully one day pay for the whole thing herself. Her father was rich. That was an understatement. He was filthy rich. Alexx didn't like it though. Her dad was flashy, she wasn't. She enjoyed the simple lifestyle. She liked living in a place that was warm and cozy. When she was growing up, she and her older brother lived in a mansion with their parents. She always thought that it felt very cold and it was like you had to be careful not to break anything.

Alexx thought that it was irrational for her father to pay half her rent. She was already twenty-three. She told him she could manage on her own. He insisted otherwise. He was always overprotective of her and her brother. Her brother, Wes, was able to break free of that grip by moving to Europe for college. He was three years older than her. She hoped that she could prove to her dad that she was fine on her own and that he would stop treating her like a child. She also hoped that he would approve of the pursuit of her intrests and her career choices.

((Sorry for writing practically all of Alexx's story with her dad. And sorry if it bored you. Haha. I felt like I should write more than five sentences...so... (: ))

Hresvelgr

Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 AM

"Told you so." Riley replied smugly as Alexx mentioned her hangover to Akiye. He could remember the night. Of coarse he did not drive. Riley did not own a car. He did not really have a need to after all. He either walked, or got a taxi. Okay, well he did own a motorcycle, but rarely rode it anywhere unless he needed to go out of town. Last night he had called a taxi for them both. Being sure neither of them left driving. Alexx lived right next to the bar, so getting her home was easy.

Akiye glanced towards Riley, filling in the pieces. She knew the two went out often. As friends, or even dates. She did not look too far into it. Completely not her business after all. "Hypoallergenic? Ah good, I will make a good test subject then." Akiye said with a laugh. Her skin, although flawless, was categorized as sensitive. As Alexx had complain about in the past when she wanted to practice, and Akiye was the only girl around. Riley could not sit threw looking like a 80's whore again.

"Good with a hangover is better than horrible. I have some Advil in my desk if you need some. As for me, I'm very tired already. But as Riley already told you, I did not get to sleep again last night." Akiye said with a shrug. "I may go take a nap in a little bit." Akiye of coarse could have told her friend the dreadful news right then. But not as she was walking in. Not a very good thing to start the day off. Akiye had not even noticed Netsuai standing close by. Realizing quickly she probably should have chosen her words better.

Netsuai spoke up soon after, having Akiye step aside, and move to her desk. She found everything was in order. Easy to find. Preparing, Akiye pulled out an order form for a client coming in later for a fitting. Hysterical brides were always the most fun. Especially when they convinced themselves they had gained weight. Something that nine times out of ten was not true. Akiye reached up and stretched before taking a seat at her desk.