the welder
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 AM

"Well, this is quite an interesting turn of events. So, any idea where we go from here?"

StarBlazerM31
>:3

Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 AM

Daemira let out a frustrated groan. "It almost appears as if we will find nothing but the prophecies of Lorien in here. Nothing we have found thus far has even remotely-"

An ear-splitting shriek broke Daemira's words as a spindle-legged creature leapt from the shadows of the trees below the library and skittered up the stone walls. It resembled the winged creature in appearance...very smoky and black, eyes of red peering from somewhere in the murk. It let out a strange warbling screech before leaping for Keoko.

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 AM

Keoko turned to face the creature as it drew nearer. She tried to dodge the creature, but it was in vain. It caught her by the wrist and dragged her a crossed the room. Keoko cried out in pain, the creatures hand made her wrist feel like it was on fire. She quickly reached for the dagger on her belt and drove it into the monsters arm, which caused it to howl and drop her. She cried out weakly for help.

darkprince
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to darkprince Send a message via Yahoo to darkprince

Old 02-12-2010, 03:57 AM

In the blink of an eye Grog charged and rammed the beast head on, driving it back into a wall; just narrowly missing Trog, who could do nothing but stand there, looking rather dumbfounded. He then drove a dagger into it where it's heart should be. It was in vain, as the creature grabbed him and threw him across the room. He could feel the life being drained from him as it flung him. The next thing he felt was his already limp body slamming into the wall. He looked up in time to see it lunge for him, but get knocked out of the air.

Last edited by darkprince; 02-12-2010 at 04:14 AM..

the welder
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 AM

Ranasch, with all his strength, jumpped and slammed into the thing. Being that dwarves are like little boulders, getting off the ground was the hard part; moving an object from it's course was just a case of momentom being on his side. Upon landing, he jumped off and swung his cane, hitting it dead in the face. Upon impact, the gem flashed, and the beast was blasted against a wall, almost crashing through.

Last edited by the welder; 02-12-2010 at 04:08 AM..

StarBlazerM31

Old 02-12-2010, 04:42 AM

Daemira rushed over to Keoko and conjured up a protective shield around them. She muttered words to a spell and held her hands out, encompassing Keoko in a warm silver light. Gradually her wounds began to heal.

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 PM

"What did it do to me" Keoko asked Daemira as she healed her wounds. "Where is my bow? I must help the others." She looked around and saw that her silver bow was where she had once stood.

The sound of rough impact made Keoko turn her hand to the creature. 'Did Ranasch already kill it?' She thought.

darkprince
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to darkprince Send a message via Yahoo to darkprince

Old 02-13-2010, 05:00 AM

Grog stood shaking his throbbing head. "Someone kill it, before it gets up."

As the beast was climbing back to it's feet, Eothorn charged with sword drawn. He threw a dagger to Grog, and they attacked. The two hacked, and slashed, but to no avail; it healed as fast as they hit it. Eothorn dodged a strike from one of it's legs.
"we're getting no where like this, steel isn't hurting it. We've got to try somewthing else."

Last edited by darkprince; 02-15-2010 at 02:55 AM..

StarBlazerM31

Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM

Daemira watched as her companions battled the spindle-legged monster. It was obvious that this one was going to be much harder than its winged compatriot. But what could defeat it? It seemed that steel could do it no harm. If only she had the light of an elven star...

the welder
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 PM

'Fight fire, with fire.' Ranasch thought as he watched the fight. He walked over, grabbed Eothorn, and Grog by the back of their belts, and flung them away. "Let's end this!" He spoke an inchantment on his staff, and drove the foot into the floor. A blact of energy, cut through like a razor, and sliced through the monster, it sank to the floor, almost lifeless. "Deamira, it's all your's."

StarBlazerM31

Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 PM

(well, I was hoping more people would join in the fight, but alas)

Daemira rose and walked over to the now flailing creature. Quick as a flash, her hand drove through searing stone and flame and grasped the smouldering coal that was the monster's heart. Without a word, she ripped it from the creature's chest and watched as it stopped moving completely. She then looked to her comrades.

"If we cannot find information on weapons that once exhisted...I have an idea as to how to make our own."

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 PM

(I'm sorry for my delay, I have been testing all week and I will be testing more this week so my posts might be delayed)

Keoko looked at the body of the creature, then at Daemira. "I will search one last time, I think I know where the book may have been kept. I will be glad to hear what you have to say. We may be able to find a way to use them both to our advantage."

the welder
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-20-2010, 01:48 AM

"Metal that can only be melted in the elven forges. A coal, that produces no heat, but is made of what we don't know. If we could get into the forges, we could come up with something."

StarBlazerM31

Old 02-20-2010, 04:19 PM

"But who among us can forge?" Daemira asked, not wishing to blurt out the obvious, just in case she was wrong. And she hated being wrong.

the welder
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-21-2010, 06:11 PM

"Perhaps we can make our own weapons. We have all the materials, only lack the skills to create. We could make our way to the dwarves. They are the master forgers, if anyone can turn this metal into a weapon, they can."

StarBlazerM31

Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM

"But from what I hear, the dwarves have hardly been seen since the War of the Ring," Daemira said. "How do we know they would help us? Especially knowing their...distaste towards elves."

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 PM

Keoko drew away from her party and began to search the bookshelves. She didn't wish to scan quickly over the books but she knew there wasn't much time. "Why, oh why can't I remember," she muttered to herself. She had just about given hope when a slight shimmer of a silver binding caught her eye. "Could it really be..." She out stretched her hand and pulled the book off the shelves. The title read, 'Children of the Light.'

"This is it!" She exclaimed "I found the book!"

StarBlazerM31

Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 PM

Daemira turned, her frame straighter. "You have? Wonderful! Please...what does it say?"