Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 AM

While waiting for Hawkeye's return, Mustang took a seat at the desk and studied the folder. He was, at first, uninterested in the idea of doing more work, but the subject intrigued him somewhat. He leaned back in the chair, stared at the small packet of papers, and furrowed his brow.

Hesitantly, curiosity getting the better of him, he reached forward and flipped it open. Then, with an bored expression, he skimmed the information on the pages, spreading them across the desk. Before he knew it, he was completely absorbed in the information.

Mizuko Jiao
苦しむ

Old 01-08-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Spinning around, she beamed a bright smile and asked, "I'm really excited now! I wanna go look for Wrath now, can I? I'll bring her back here! Is that okay, Greed? Is it?"
"Sure, sure," Greed said, waving the girl off. "Besides, you've traumatized poor Sable here enough." She grinned. "Poor thing probably needs a break from ya."

Quote:
"Oh wow, i am honored!" Sable said relaxing some and relaxed some. "I've heard many things about Pride before, and i can't wait to work with him." she said smiling and looking to gluttony and chuckled a bit. perhaps she wasn't as bad as the other chimera's said after all.

The homunculus' gaze drifted over to rest on the girl. "Oh, yeah, Pride's just a bucket of fun, that one."

Quote:
Shrugging he nodded, "Unless you got a job for me here, than yeah, a transfer to a little more, 'active' area would be greatly appreciated." He smiled broadly, "besides, I am sure you could use my skills with something." He bowed and stepped over to the desk. "whattya say, maam?"
"I say that a transfer is out of the question, Colonel," the Fuhrer replied, a slightly sympathetic tone in her voice. "I'm sure you know that Parliament has voted to reduce our armaments, which in turn means there has been a reduction in the number of State Alchemists as well. Most have been taken off the battlefield and given desk jobs instead. You can fill out the paperwork for a transfer but I'm not going to promise anything."

Quote:
"From my line, and your name and rank if you would please." Sara asked idly doodling something in the corner of her sheet.
"Ah..." Havoc took a drag from his cigarette before answering. "I am First Lieutenant Vato Falman and I'm sorry, sir, but I've been having a secret relationship over the phone with one of your subordinates."

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 05:13 AM

He frowned, "I already have them here." He dropped a heavy file on her desk, "But I am sure you wont find that they are 'regulation.' " the file flopped open and filled her desk with grainy images. "Information on recent Elric sightings." He smirked, "I need to get some data anyway. This means," he leaned in closely, "f-i-e-l-d w-o-r-k."

Mizuko Jiao
苦しむ

Old 01-08-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
He frowned, "I already have them here." He dropped a heavy file on her desk, "But I am sure you wont find that they are 'regulation.' " the file flopped open and filled her desk with grainy images. "Information on recent Elric sightings." He smirked, "I need to get some data anyway. This means," he leaned in closely, "f-i-e-l-d w-o-r-k."
"Elric? As in the Fullmetal Alchemist Edward Elric?" Alyss frowned, wondering what kind of game the colonel was playing at. "From the reports I read on the invasion from three years ago, the Elric brothers... ah..." How did she put this? "Returned with the foreigners to their world."

Last edited by Mizuko Jiao; 01-08-2010 at 05:44 AM..

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 05:34 AM

"Its true, and Mustang ensured they would remain there. In a sense." He smiled, "Yeah, I got the reports. Call it a hobby of mine, but those elric boys are very intriguing." He chuckled, "Now, im sure that those arent the real Elric brothers in those photos," he chuckled, "But they need to be checked out." He sat down, "So how about it, the hero of the people, State Alchemist, Fullmetal Elric? I am sure that Parliament wouldnt mind having rumors confirmed or denied." He shrugged, "because soon this will become too big for us to keep up with. So far, its just some small areas who heard about it."

Mizuko Jiao
苦しむ

Old 01-08-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
"So how about it, the hero of the people, State Alchemist, Fullmetal Elric? I am sure that Parliament wouldnt mind having rumors confirmed or denied." He shrugged, "because soon this will become too big for us to keep up with. So far, its just some small areas who heard about it."

"True... and it would be in our best interests that these rumors not spread." Alyss paused, a thoughtful expression crossing her features, before giving a small nod. "Very well, Colonel Heinrich. I give you permission to conduct an investigation of these fake Elric brothers. This should fall under your current duties so-" She pushed the folder with the transfer papers back toward him- "There's no need for these." And I won't have to bother with Parliament either...

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 05:47 AM

He saluted, "Yes Maam!" than, smirking at the fuhrers secretary. He swung out of the chair, turned around, and frowned, "what was, what is he now, a general? Mustang doing here anyway?" he toyed with a small vial around his neck nerously.

Mizuko Jiao
苦しむ

Old 01-08-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
He saluted, "Yes Maam!" than, smirking at the fuhrers secretary. He swung out of the chair, turned around, and frowned, "what was, what is he now, a general? Mustang doing here anyway?" he toyed with a small vial around his neck nerously.
"That's nothing to concern yourself with, Colonel," the Fuhrer replied, giving him a sharp look that plainly said she would not hear any more questions. "You are dismissed."

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 06:05 AM

He shook his head, "Are you sure? If he's on the move, than somethings up. Something big." Smirking he turned around, "I will call you later. With an update that is." He slunk out of the office and leaned against the wall, I woke up this morning thinking that it would be a normal day. Sigh, i guess not. Standing up he trotted downt he hall, looking for a good cup of joe. He'd need it for what he had to do next.

Kika988
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Kika988 Send a message via MSN to Kika988 Send a message via Yahoo to Kika988

Old 01-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Hawkeye allowed herself a small smile when she returned to see Mustang poring over the report. How often did that happen?

"Must be interesting, to get you involved in any sort of paperwork," she remarked as she sat one of the cups of coffee in front of him. She also set a small bowl of sugar and some packets of cream on the desk, and added a couple spoonfuls of sugar to her own coffee after sitting down.

Mizuko Jiao
苦しむ

Old 01-08-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
He shook his head, "Are you sure? If he's on the move, than somethings up. Something big." Smirking he turned around, "I will call you later. With an update that is."
The Fuhrer's eyes followed the man as he left. Once he had disappeared through the doorway, she shook her a little, wondering what the colonel had meant.

"Lt. Elliott, close the door," she said in a tired voice.

"Yes sir," her secretary replied, giving her a slightly concerned look before standing and walking to the door, pushing it shut.

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2010, 06:21 AM

he sniffed coffee in the air and smiled, Fresh brew to... Hmm. sighing, he followed the smell to Riza's office, pausing just outside hearing her speaking with someone, Hmm? Is that mustang? he smiled coyly and pressed himself against the wall, listening.

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
"Sure, sure," Greed said, waving the girl off. "Besides, you've traumatized poor Sable here enough." She grinned. "Poor thing probably needs a break from ya."
"Really? Uh...what's...tra...traumi...traumati...zed?" Gluttony stuttered, her expression falling into a blank stare. It was like her brain had died. Then it brightened again as she asked, "Ohh!! Is it something like being caramelized? I swear I didn't do it, but it sounds yummy!"

---
Quote:
"Must be interesting, to get you involved in any sort of paperwork," she remarked as she sat one of the cups of coffee in front of him. She also set a small bowl of sugar and some packets of cream on the desk, and added a couple spoonfuls of sugar to her own coffee after sitting down.
Without tearing his eyes away from the papers, Mustang reached out and grabbed his cup of coffee. He brought it to his mouth, sipped, and nearly choked as the bitter liquid slid down his throat.

Snapping out of his trance, he looked at the cup and then down at the bowl of sugar. He placed the cup down, picked up a few spoonfuls of sugar, and stirred it into his coffee. He glanced over at Hawkeye, hoping that she hadn't seen has absentminded antics but knowing all too well that she had.

Averting his gaze to the other side of the room, he coughed into his fist as if to clear his embarrassment. Then, acting as if nothing had happened, he turned back to the papers and said, "It's disconcerting. I've read over all of the reports, and there's something that all of them have in common aside from all of them being State Alchemist. But...I can't figure out what it is."

"You've always had a keen eye. What do you think it is?" he added, looking up at Hawkeye and passing the documents to her. He was about to say something else when he heard a loud ruckus outside Hawkeye's office door.

Quote:
he sniffed coffee in the air and smiled, Fresh brew to... Hmm. sighing, he followed the smell to Riza's office, pausing just outside hearing her speaking with someone, Hmm? Is that mustang? he smiled coyly and pressed himself against the wall, listening.
Passing through the halls, Alex Louis Armstrong spotted the young colonel lingering outside the major's office. He had seen Mustang and Hawkeye leaving the Fuhrer's office earlier and figured they were inside, discussing their new assignment. It was quite obvious that the colonel was eavesdropping, what with the smile creasing his lips and all.

"Why hello, Colonel Heinrich! What a surprise to see you here!! What wonderful call of events has caused this chance meeting," Armstrong bellowed, approaching the colonel with open arms.

Looking at him with sparkling eyes (and most likely actual sparkles somewhere about), Armstrong placed both hands firmly on the colonel's shoulders, speaking loudly enough to gain the attention of everyone in the hallway.

"Ah, I see! So you've found interest in the heart-warming rendezvous, the marvelous tryst between old comrades! Ah, but now...we shouldn't interrupt their long-awaited union. If you need some form of entertainment, I--Alex Louis Armstrong--shall assist you! Look upon this toned body, this wonderous form expertly sculpted through the magnificent training passed down the Armstrong family for generations!! See how the muscles just bulge and radiate strength and undying loyalty!!" Armstrong announced, discarding his officer's jacket with a violent tear. He flexed, pulling his muscled arms up in tight form.

Last edited by Rin Yokoshima; 01-08-2010 at 08:43 PM..

Orial
Lover of Bionicle and Transforme...
Send a message via AIM to Orial

Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 PM

Sable looked up at Greed and smiled. "a change is a good thing as long as you have the right attitude." she said smiling.

***West City***

"Oh?" Sara put her pen down and relaxed. "Well that explains things," she said with a chuckle. "I aplologize for tying up the phone line then," she said with a warm chuckle. "thank you Lt."

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 PM

After waiting a few minutes, Devi left the main hall and attempted to return to the West Commander's office. She quickly padded down the halls, making sure to look as inconspicuous and relaxed as possible. As she neared the office, she paused, hearing something inside.

Quote:
"Oh?" Sara put her pen down and relaxed. "Well that explains things," she said with a chuckle. "I aplologize for tying up the phone line then," she said with a warm chuckle. "thank you Lt."
Devi gasped, overhearing the last part of the commander's phone conversation.

Panicked, she rushed to the end of the hall and turned the corner, slipping into a small nook in the wall and hiding her lithe figure behind a particularly overgrown potted plant. She leaned against the wall, listening for any sign of the commander leaving her office, all the while worrying about what she just heard.

Oh no, oh no! She found out I was using the phone! Devi fretted, screaming mentally. What did he tell her? What did he say? Did he tell her the truth? Oh no...oh no!

As her mind raced with questions, she huddled against the wall and waited anxiously.

She had to try to contact General Mustang, there was no question of that. But she would have to be ten times more careful. She couldn't allow herself to be caught in the act again...if there even was an "again".

---

Mustang stood from his seat and sighed, slowly walking over to the doorway. As he stepped out of the office, he glanced dryly over at the two officers congregated outside Hawkeye's office and called to her, "It seems we have an audience. It appears that we should move our conversation elsewhere. Perhaps it would be quieter in my office, Major?"

He turned and looked back into the office, waiting for Hawkeye's reply.

Last edited by Rin Yokoshima; 01-08-2010 at 10:18 PM..

Kika988
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Kika988 Send a message via MSN to Kika988 Send a message via Yahoo to Kika988

Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Hawkeye cocked an eyebrow at Mustang. "So I can be traumatized by the amount of paperwork that I'm sure is piled on your desk? I think not. I don't know about you, but I never got to eat lunch before being summoned to the Fuhrer's office. Why don't we go grab a bite to eat?"

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 PM

Mustang mimicked Hawkeye, raising an eyebrow of his own, before asking indignantly, "What makes you think I have piles of papers on my desk?"

Then, thinking about her offer, he adorned a sliver of a smile and agreed, saying, "I could go for a meal, though...but I'll need my coat, which is in my office. Do you think you can survive the piles of paperwork long enough for that? I wouldn't want to traumatize you, Major."

Last edited by Rin Yokoshima; 01-08-2010 at 10:41 PM..

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2010, 02:52 AM

Hienrich sighed, "Well General, what have you to discuss that is so, ahem, 'taboo?'" he nodded at hawkeye, "Im sure you will find my, insight." He nods obviously at the eyepatch. "I mean, I am head of the information analyst unit." Stepping in front of the two he tilts his head, "Well?"

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Hienrich sighed, "Well General, what have you to discuss that is so, ahem, 'taboo?'" he nodded at hawkeye, "Im sure you will find my, insight." He nods obviously at the eyepatch. "I mean, I am head of the information analyst unit." Stepping in front of the two he tilts his head, "Well?"

Mustang looked pointedly at the colonel, not at all pleased by the insinuations. He remained calm and replied in a cool tone, "Whoever said anything about taboo? You should be careful and watch how much you let your imagination wander, Colonel."

He glanced back at Hawkeye and inclined his head towards her as if he were speaking without words. Smirking, he added, "And as for our assignment, where's the fun if everyone's in on it?"

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2010, 03:14 AM

"Well than, I guess I dont have to..." he broke off as one of his underlings in the analysis department came tearing down the hall screaming. "WHERE THE HELLS THE BATHROOM?" Hienrich smiles, "Now I remember why I havent been drinking coffee in the office." He frowned, turning back to mustang, "well I guess you wouldnt want this?" he opened his jacket and revealed the cover of the file he had just shown the Fuhrer. "I figured you would want to know a thing or two about this," he closed his jacket, letting a small photo fall out, a grainy image of the elric brothers falling at his feet.

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-09-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
"Well than, I guess I dont have to..." he broke off as one of his underlings in the analysis department came tearing down the hall screaming. "WHERE THE HELLS THE BATHROOM?" Hienrich smiles, "Now I remember why I havent been drinking coffee in the office." He frowned, turning back to mustang, "well I guess you wouldnt want this?" he opened his jacket and revealed the cover of the file he had just shown the Fuhrer. "I figured you would want to know a thing or two about this," he closed his jacket, letting a small photo fall out, a grainy image of the elric brothers falling at his feet.
Mustang watched as the subordinate officer tore down the hallway and quickly glanced at Hawkeye worriedly, hoping to whatever god there was that she had brewed theirs herself. He then looked down at the image, picked it up, and studied it for a moment.

"What is this about? Fullmetal has been gone for three years. Don't tell me you're on a ghost hunt," he replied, handing the picture back to the colonel. He acted uninterested but it was only a farce. Deep down, something stirred...maybe a hint of nostalgia?

"If it were under any other circumstances, I would have been more than happy to take interest. Unfortunately, the present assignment is much more pressing. If you would like someone to share your findings with, I believe he," Mustang added, pointing towards Armstrong with a thumb, " would be more than happy to agree."

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 AM

Leaning close he chuckled, "oh theres a few questions I must ask before I begin my investigation though. If you would be so kind?" he motioned towards his office, "you have a few minutes now don't you?" Nodding at Hawkeye, he smiled, "your welcome to join us as well." Turning to Armstrong he frowned, "I'm pretty sure you can't fit."

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 AM

Mustang gave an exasperated sigh, reaching up to scratch the back of his head. He looked over at the major apologetically and answered tersely, "Alright, Colonel. You've got five minutes. Then you have to go and let the big kids play, alright?"

Kenora
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 AM

He shrugged, "Well, I am pretty sure that there is no one in this group here who would want to "play" with you." He began to step down the hall and looked over his shoulder waiting for the others to follow. "Sir?"

Rin Yokoshima
小さい小...

Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 AM

Roy hesitated, sharing glances with both Hawkeye and Armstrong before following after the Colonel Heinrich. He really didn't have time to waste but a few minutes couldn't possibly hinder their assignment that much.

He followed at a quick pace, a bit curious to see what the colonel had on the Elric brothers.