Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 PM

I seem to recall the second season being far less serious and interesting.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM

That's one of the reasons I didn't like it quite as much as well.

I just finished watching Avalon High, one of Disney Channel's new movies. I guess it's an adaptation of Meg Cabot's book. Anyways, one of the male leads is played by a British actor, Gregg Sulkin, except he's playing an American role. No offense or anything, because it's kind of cute to see him try the generalized American Accent, but he could have used quite a bit more vocal training.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 PM

Never even heard of that. I'm actually amazed by people who are really good at fake accents. Like the guy who plays House. He's British and in his interviews he has a British accent, but you'd never think it from watching House.

Seiki Nova

Old 12-29-2010, 09:58 PM

When I do my "British" accent, it sounds like I moved there from America when I was young and I fluctuate a lot. That and I also tend to mix up a Scottish accent with a London accent and it doesn't quite mix well. Not that six years of practicing courtesy of mimicking my best friend and watching way too much Harry Potter in my spare time was the best teacher either, but whatever. xD

OH OH CAMICAMI!

Not that it matters right now because it's going to be AGES away, but I'm planning on doing a semester at NYU in my Junior/Senior year of college and hoping to get an internship at a publishing company there and I know that you lived there for a while. What am I going to need to know about moving there for that time? I'm kind of trying it out for the work experience since I want to go into publishing, and to decide if I'm really cut out for the NYC life like I've had stuck in my head since I was little and all of the guides pretty much say the same thing. You're going to be broke and hate it, or you're going to be broke and absolutely love it. Not really the greatest advice there.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 PM

Make sure to start looking for an internship early. And do stuff like your school literary magazine and working in the writing center to prepare yourself. Have you considered what kind of publishing job you want? Or, more importantly, what skills you want to be using and what tasks you want to be doing while working at the publishing company.

You're going to want to look for a room in New York. (not an apartment--a room) There are plenty available for students doing internships.

I lived in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and really loved it, but it depends on what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay. I do kind of wish I'd had a chance to live in downtown Manhattan, but that's way expensive. Regardless, avoid anything over 100th street in Manhattan and make sure to look for stuff right on a subway. The subways are everywhere, so it's not hard, but trust me, you don't want to be off a line.

Do you have specific questions?

Seiki Nova

Old 12-30-2010, 01:02 AM

I don't know. Just general need to know stuff that you didn't know until you were there and had to find out the hard way.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 AM

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season! I've been without internet since Friday due to traveling. x_x

But tomorrow I get to go to a concert and then go home! For a day... until I travel some more for New Year's. xD

Love you all!

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-30-2010, 04:06 AM

/waves to Keyori/

Seiki: I'll think about it and see what I come up with. I just sort of went with the flow.

Seiki Nova

Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 AM

I got bored and decided to play with a makeup kit that I was going to give a friend for christmas but forgot to wrap so I just kept it. I ended up looking a bit like Kesha. Now I know why she likes to look like a gigantic glitter bomb. It's fun xD Ignore how nasty my face is. I haven't shaved in a few days and I'm having breakouts DX

yfrog Fullsize - wsfq.jpg

----------

Hey Key <3

And Cami, that's cool. If you think of anything let me know. You have at least 3 years to figure it out xD

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 01-01-2011, 05:58 PM

G'morning everyone! happy new years seiki

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Happy new year!

Sorry for not being around the last few days. For some reason I just haven't felt like doing anything on mene.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM

I've been feeling the same way Cami. I was working on New Years even and all day yesterday afternoon so I just haven't really felt like it.

Hi Thoth!

And Happy New Year everyone!