maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 AM

ooc: Yeah. Probably taking a long weekend vacation. She is engaged and all...

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 AM

ooc: oh really?
maybe shes really busy then

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 AM

ooc: sorry guys. I have got a ton of stuff going on right now. I will try to post as much as I can or you guys can just kill me off.

ic: I'm doing good, she said, smiling at Jolene. Though I feel so dirty rifling through these peoples belongings. Jessie thought of her own backpack and wanted to go looking for it. She pulled herself to her feet and hobbled into the aisle.

maidenroseheart

Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Watching her go her own way, Jolene wondered if Jessie would be okay. Turning, she slowly made her way to the kitchenette. It was a clutter to get there but not so bad. Reaching the service area, she could see what Derrick meant when he said it was a mess. Utensils, trays, food packets, and so much more was just a mess all over the counters, carts, and the floor. This was a complete disaster area, much like the rest of the plane and immediate outside surroundings.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Jessie worked her way through the debris, shudder at the bodies but keeping an eye out for anything they could use. "We should get all the blankets we can and some pillows too." She called to the others. Finally she reached her seat and reached for the overhead compartment, which she realized had come open in the crash. She turned, scanning the debris for her backpack.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 AM

ooc: i didnt mean that Silver Storm
:) i dont mind waiting

ic: It only took him a minute to reach the cockpit. He checks the marshal first to see if he was on duty or just came along for the ride. Digging through the mans pockets the only thing he managed to find was his wallet and id. Finding nothing else in the marshals pockets made Derrick wonder if the man was really that simple or if someone else already cleaned out his pockets. Moving onto the pilot and co-pilot he hears Jessie and yells an "Ok!" over his shoulder. Then starts to check their pockets to.

maidenroseheart

Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM

Jolene started picking up and putting things away. It didn't take too long. Something that she enjoyed at least. She was disappointed in that there were nothing but disposables. It would have been nice to use some of it more. She pulled out a tubberware box and emptied its contents on the counter. Then she put in it disposable utensils and the snacks that are often served before or after meals. Riffling through, she also was able to find cans of pop that hadn't been messed up in the crash. Setting those in the grate, she remembered that some airlines had wine. If she was lucky... one glance in that compartment dashed all hoped of a nice sip of wine. Sighing, she moved on to the gift sets that airlines sold "cheaply" as duty free. Some chocolates, nothing else. She got out some towels and wash clothes to add and then closed the box by snapping the lid back on. They had some easy snacks at least. Carrying it, she started making her way back toward the others.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Jessie finally spotted her backpack and pulled it from the debris. She slung it over her shoulder and began limping back towards the front of the plane, gathering up blankets and pillows on her way. She stopped, all the air rushing from her chest, as she stared at the lifeless face of the child. It was one thing to see adults dead, but a child. Tears flowed down her face and sobs racked her body as she dropped to her knees by the child and touched her fingers to the boy's neck. "Why?" She screamed up at the ceiling. Why him and not me?

maidenroseheart

Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 AM

Jolene saw Jessie reacting before her anguished scream filled the air. She paused, not wanting to interrupt the girl's grief. Not certain that leaving her was really a good idea either, she stepped forward and put the box on a seat with the two backpacks she had packed earlier. Reaching out an uncertain hand, she squeezed Jessie's shoulder sympathetically. It was a tragedy they had had no control over. What could she say?

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 AM

Jessie felt the hand on her shoulder and looked up into the kind face of Jolene. She couldn't bring herself to voice why it bothered her so much, but the girl's kind actions helped. "How are we doing?" She asked, standing and shoving the emotions down and out of the way. "We need to get out of here and find a camp soon."

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 AM

He jumps a little hearing a scream and rushes back out of the cockpit. Seeing Jessie and Jolene talking and Jessie crying he figured she was just upset over something. He slipped back into the cockpit and looked around the small room. He didn't find anything of importance on the pilots he tried to find anything that might come in handy. Spotting a set of walkie talkies that were sitting in charges on a shelf beside the door into the room. Picking the walkie talkies up he was surprised that they were still locked into their charger docks but it seemed like they fit pretty snug. They seemed like they still worked. Not seeing anything else he leaves the cockpit and heads back over tot he others. "These probably have a good range on them we can use them once we split up." he says watching them both.

maidenroseheart

Old 10-24-2012, 03:55 AM

Jolene looked up at Derrick when he entered. "Well, we have about anything we are likely to get from here easily. Ready to grab what we have and head outside. I wouldn't mind getting into a more open space." And away from the dead. Thoughts of zombies entered her mind. Why did she watch that movie before this trip? Fantasy had no place here.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 AM

Jessie stood and looked at all the death around her.
"Great Spirit, Great Spirit, My Grandfather,
All over the earth the faces of living things are all alike. . .
Look upon these faces of children without number
And with children in their arms,
That they may face the winds and
Walk the good road to the day of quiet. . .

There is no death. . .
Only a change of worlds. . .
Only a change of worlds.Great Spirit, Great Spirit, My Grandfather,
All over the earth the faces of living things are all alike. . .
Look upon these faces of children without number
And with children in their arms,
That they may face the winds and
Walk the good road to the day of quiet. . .

There is no death. . .
Only a change of worlds. . .
Only a change of worlds."
The Native American prayer slipped from her lips as she looked at all around them, the last words coming out a whisper. She picked up her gear and limped out of the plane.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 PM

ooc: sorry been distracted by some things. im going to reply then take the rest of this week and possible next week off til things slow down a little, hope thats ok. you two can continue if you want though well be splitting up anyway

ic: He nodded at Jolene though he had a feeling they might not be completely done with the contents of the plane. There was still a lot of useful things here but would only be useful if their stay here was a long one. He listened silently as Jessie spoke and bowed his head a little as it sounded like she was saying some kind of prayer. When she was done he smiled a little at her. "That was nice."

maidenroseheart

Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 AM

Jolene nodded in agreement and followed them outside. "Well I'm going to head up the ridge. See if I can see any signs of civilization. At the very least, I can build up a signal fire for the day we hear search planes." She headed back to the camp area she had slept in and set the box and two backpacks down for them to use. The utensils, snacks, chocolates, towels, and the miscellaneous stuff from the luggage would come in handy. She pulled out a hoodie and slipped it on. Fishing out a spare watch to demolish for later, she slipped it into her pocket. "I'll try to be back tonight. Later."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 AM

Jessie followed them back to where they had slept last night, dropping her bags. "Be safe," she called to Jolene as the other girl headed out and up the ridge. She looked around her and then over at Derrick. Where do you think we should make camp?

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 AM

Before Jolene left Derrick made sure she took one of the walkie talkies with her in instructed her to try and leave it off until she really needed it to help conserve the battery. Watching her disappear he looks over at Jessie. "Would you like to rest a little?" he asks wondering how her injury is.

maidenroseheart

Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 AM

Keeping the walkie talkie clipped to her back pocket, she made her way up the slope. It was hard going. There wasn't exactly a path through the tangle of old tree limbs and forest floor plants. Wishing she had a horse to ride through, she focused on stepping up one foot at a time. It was an hour later when she reached the top of the slope. Looking back at the obvious trail she had left, she felt a sense of relief that doing that again would be somewhat easier. Turning, she looked out over the wilderness. More hills, mountains, and trees. Looking down, the glint of sunlight off of the metal of the plane was visible from here, but she wasn't certain how far away that would be seen. The fires were already dying and their smoke almost non existent. A signal fire should be her first priority. Turning, she looked at the clear slope. Nothing fancy, but it would take a lot of arm muscle.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2012, 04:51 AM

"We should probably try and collect more wood for these fires. We'll need them when the sun sets tonight." he says looking around at the surrounding trees. "The crash probably knocked a lot of trees and branches lose. If you're up for it we could probably just pick up manageable branches from behind the plane." he says looking over at the rut craved into the tree line.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-10-2012, 06:12 AM

I'm up for it, Jessie said, getting to her feet. No way would she tell him that her ankle hurt like hell. Besides, they had a lot to do to survive. They would need the firewood like Derrick had said. She limped towards the damaged trees and began to pick up branches.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2012, 06:27 AM

Watching her go he noticed that it looked like she was limping a little more then she was before. "You know if you wanted you could try to stoke the fires instead." he suggests following her.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-10-2012, 06:32 AM

I'm fine! She snapped, and then gentled her tone. He was just trying to be nice and she needed to learn to not be so independent and not let anyone else in. Besides, it wouldn't do her any good out here and she needed her strength and health to survive. For what? She thought bitterly. I...I'm sorry. She apologized.

maidenroseheart

Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM

Jolene started clearing out the center of the slope. Then she headed towards the edge of the treeline and started looking for four good strong branches. It wasn't hard. The deadfall in this remote part of the world was pretty much untouched. She wondered momentarily if she saw a movement in the woods below her. Had someone else survived the crash? Blowing it off as deer or her imagination, she grabbed a large log and dragged it back to the center of the slope. Several strained muscles later, she had her base done. Four large logs created what could be the base of a log cabin the size of an outhouse. It would take a miracle to be tall enough, but seriously it was a good start. She grinned at her accomplishment.

NightStalker
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 AM

He backed off a few steps. "It's fine. Why don't you tell me what you think we should do?" he asked.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Jessie sagged down onto a nearby log and sighed at the lack of weight on her leg. I...I don't know. Build a house and enjoy our new life. She knew the words came out a little bitter but she knew that there was no one worrying about her. There was no one to notice if she disappeared. What do you think we should do? She asked, shaking off the thoughts.