Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 AM

I Need Motivation! OTL

It just so happens that I have quite a few things I'd like to draw for various users on Mene (view My To Do List). I was wondering if anyone would be able to motivate me into completing them already. Or maybe suggest things that I can do to motivate myself? That may be too much to ask, so it's fine if you just chat with me or just cheer me on or something. I might be motivated by just that. XD

Opinions? o wo

There's something else I wish from you. Please view the art I've done so far in the post below and tell me what you think! Is it cute? Is it nice? Do you like it? Why? Why not? I'd love to know!

Last edited by Kent; 10-21-2010 at 02:45 PM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 AM

My Progress

First of all, if anyone notices that I'm drawing them, please tell me if you'd like something different to be drawn. X3
Click on the name to see what I am drawing~

Art Currently Working On
Commissions

1. EnzeruX

1. Enzeru
Here's a WIP I posted in thread on 7/24/12. I will be editing Yamcha's eyes and his left shoulder.

Freebies and Prizes

1. Captain HowdyX

1. Captain Howdy
EDIT on 10/6/10: Started on it yesterday~ ; w; Here's the WIP.

Art Marked Off of My To Do List

shadow-universeX

shadow-universe

So far, I've only finished most of shadow-universe's face. I'm still not sure about some of the colors too. XD
I'm very much a perfectionist. *sighs*
Can you believe it takes me several hours to complete a mspaint chibi headshot? :gonk:
EDIT on 7/21: Finally finished it while my internet was dead. ; w;

There's also one without the leaf: clicku~

The LiztressX

The Liztress
Shh, it's a surprise, so it could be either one of the linked avis~ :ninja:
EDIT on 7/27/10: Finally finished it while internet was dead again! OTL

Emma CorrinX

0a. Emma Corrin
EDIT on 8/8/10: Finally started on it~ Here's a preview. o wo

EDIT on 3/13/12: I am not interested in this style at the moment. Emma Corrin: would you like art in a different MSPaint style? ; w; Please pick a style from this thread. I'll do anything. Or maybe I could start all over with thinner lines, if that's okay. Also, if you would like a different avi drawn, you may tell me.
EDIT on same day: Okay I will now be working on a new avi with a new style~ Let's see what happens. o wo
EDIT on 5/12/12: I'm finished! I think it turned out quite nicely. She looks like a pirate princess or something. X3

Two versions cuz I was wondering what it would look like with a nose. XD It sure seems to make a big difference...

I will continue to edit this with my progress~

Last edited by Kent; 04-08-2013 at 08:36 PM..

Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 AM

Ooo very nice drawing!!!! o3o

SORRY I didn't see the don't post yet sign D:

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 01:36 AM

lol Your post scared me! It just popped up. I guess I'm still not used to that. XD
& It's okay, I wasn't sure if I wanted two or three posts. X3 I think two is enough~
Oh, and thanks~ <3

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 AM

Aww, I wanted to be the first person to post in here. ; O;

I guess I'll be content with being the second
. ; w;

Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 AM

*feels kind of dumb*

But yes, your art is super cute love!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 07-19-2010, 01:42 AM

I'm a perfectionist too :/
Well, here's to taking one for the team! Rah Rah Rah!

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:45 AM

I, too, am a perfectionist. D8 It sucks, because it cuts down my self-esteem and stops me from doing things I like.

Hmmm... Just don't think about ALL of them that you have to do? Just concentrate on one and make-believe that you only have one to do. Then move on to the next?

*unhelpful Mai is unhelpful but tries to help anyway*

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 AM

@Hadsie - lol Aw, I'm sorry. XD

@Kiako - Thanks again~ X3 It's not as great I'd like it to be though. ; 3;

@Cardinal Biggles - lol Thanks for the cheer. <3

@Mai - LOL Yeah, it stops me too. ; 3;
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea~ X3 But I think what bothers me so much is that I'm taking so long, which is weird because thinking about it makes me take longer. XD

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 07-19-2010, 02:05 AM

You know if you look up a bunch of chibi artwork on deviant that could help out. I always thought by looking up other art drawings that it helps to get me motivated enough to do it.

I was looking through deviantart and found a group dedicated to gir alone from invader zim and decided that was enough motivation to do my own version. (See Below) And also music is another great way or just read or looking at anime/mangas.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 08-08-2012 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: tinypic changed the originally innocent image url to something graphic

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 AM

Oh! That sounds like a very good idea! *opens up a tab for dA* o wo I'm afraid I might be distracted for too long, though. XD But it'd probably be worth it~ Since it helped you out, I hope it helps me~ >w<
Oh yeah! Music always gets me into the mood for drawing! I always forget to listen to my playlist while wanting to draw.

Last edited by Kent; 07-19-2010 at 02:24 AM..

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 07-19-2010, 02:22 AM

Very cute!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 07-19-2010, 02:34 AM

Adorable art as always. And I would offer help for motivation but motivation tends to avoid me. :(

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 AM

Thanks you two~ X3 lol Seems like motivation avoids quite a few people. ; x;

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 AM

Don't feel bad Kent, I'm still behind on stick figure art :cry:

It doesn't take long at all to do... and I don't really try to get very perfectionist-ey on it (I make few changes after I draw a shape... usually only if my hand slips and a line is really messed up x_x). I don't have any excuses really :gonk:

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 AM

I kind of want to make a shop to help me practice. I would be motivated to complete art because people would be paying me gold for it. But then again, it might backfire because I wouldn't want to give them shoddy work, and... well, to lil' perfectionist me, if ANYTHING is out of line, then it's shoddy. D8 *Mai needs to get over herself*

I am working on something for the art contest, though. Maybe there's hope for me yet? XD

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 AM

@Keyori - How can I not feel bad when I have art that should've been finished a year ago? :gonk:
I just hope that they've forgotten all about it and they'll be surprised once they receive it. XD

lol You seem to be doing just fine, Keyori. I think you draw at a good pace, from what I saw in your FoF thread. X3

@Mai - You know what, I'm probably not motivated because I'm not being commissioned for most of these. > x> But I still try so hard on these, anyway. ; w; I want to try my hardest before giving away art. I'm trying to be more "loose" about my work, but I can't help myself. X3

Oh, maybe there is~ I hope you have fun with that. :3

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM

-throws lots of motivation at Kent-

... Now, who will give me some for writing? >o>

Skykittykat
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-19-2010, 10:09 AM

Kent - Hehehe~ You have the same problem as me. (Well my problems also include a broken scanner. TTATT)
Whenever I'm feeling particularly unmotivated I'll go to my Ipod and put on some peppy upbeat music or music that fits the theme of the piece I'm working on. It really helps the ideas flow.

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM

Maybe I should try the peppy music thing. O__o;; I do have lots of peppy music. Hmmm...

I know, Mommy, I need motivation for writing, too! DX Hopefully this book I bought on "how to craft scenes" will help me, though. Since that's an area I'm kind of failing in.

Urbeth
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Kent: Short of re-suggesting throwing on some music that inspires you (something different than what you usually listen to), I might recommend looking at some art galleries of art that you like. Some times I spend a whole night just looking at artwork, go to bed, and wake up the next day feeling a bit more motivated. Sometimes watching anime or reading manga will do it to--the point is just look at something to get your brain going.

*sips some strawberry smoothie* So does anyone know if there will be special event store items to buy for this event?

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-19-2010, 02:45 PM

There aren't special event items, but there are store common items that this event is formed around. 8D

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-19-2010, 03:51 PM

Yeah, you can some of them see in announcement, Urbeth, and also find out in which shops they are in. C:

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
@Keyori - How can I not feel bad when I have art that should've been finished a year ago? :gonk:
I just hope that they've forgotten all about it and they'll be surprised once they receive it. XD

lol You seem to be doing just fine, Keyori. I think you draw at a good pace, from what I saw in your FoF thread. X3
Aww, thanks!

And, I've waited ~6 months for art before (event art, even!), but I wasn't unhappy with the results, so it was definitely worth waiting xD

The only times I remember I even have art ordered is when I look at my trades. I'm like "Oh yeah, I ordered that in February... huh. Well the gold is already set aside, I'll go do something else now!"

Urbeth
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM

Ah! Thanks everyone! (: