Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 PM

(sorry for disappearing)

"Freshman? Oh for the university? I'm a high school senior." Cody sipped her coffee. "I'm about the same. Promised my grandma I'd go to school... and this was the only one that seemed...alright with the unusual. Although if their pets are anything to go by, I think they are." She nodded her head towards the wolf and raccoon.

Cody felt relaxed with the girl. So relaxed she didn't notice as her skin started to darken to black, starting at her finger tips and working up. Cody didn't know why she was calm. Maybe it was because Bridget didn't feel as if she belonged anywhere either...

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 AM

Bridget noticed the other girl's skin starting to darken as she seemed to sink into the shadows. Bridget tensed for a moment but the other girl didn't even seem to notice. Bridget relaxed figuring maybe it had something to do with the girl's special abilities.

"Its nice that they allow animals," Bridget admitted. "Otherwise I probably wouldn't have come if I hadn't been able to bring Bellisario." She took a sip of her coffee, enjoying the taste on her tongue.

As she said those words her mind turned to the stallion down in the stables. She wondered how he was coping with being in a stall surrounded by strange horses and especially people. She desperately hoped that no one would try to go in with the stallion. Since day one Bellisario had shown that he didn't care for people, he was practically a wild horse. She was the only one that had been on him and was able to handle him.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-13-2013, 10:23 PM

(Did you guys all loose interest?)

Bridget woke early the next morning, just as the sun hinting at peeking over the horizon. She threw on a pair of jeans, a sweatshirt and her boots. She slipped out of her room and out of the dorm, into the cool, crispy morning air. She made her way across the silent campus, her boots becoming wet with dew.

She entered the quiet barn and smiled. One or two horses came sleepily to the doors of their stalls to greet her. She stopped to talk to each of those before continuing on to where a bright eyed Bellisario had his head poked out of his stall. The stallion nickered a greeting and pawed at the door to his stall.

She greeted him and stepped into the stall with him. She gave him a quick, but thorough brushing before slipping on his bridle and leading him out of the stall. She lead him down the aisle and out the stable door, before vaulting nimbly onto his back. As soon as she landed on his back the stallion began to dance and prance, anxious to get started. She turned him into the arena and began warming him up.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-15-2013, 04:53 AM

((Not at all!!))

Rosemary woke before sunrise the next morning, ready to start her first day. Of course, her very first order of business was to go down to the stables and check on the horses. After getting dressed, she left her room with Cobrafang and Viperstrike in tow. She got down to the stables in time to see one of the horses already out and being ridden- clearly a privately owned horse. Though shy, Rosemary had no choice but to walk straight past the rider, and it would be rude of her not to say anything. "G-good morning..." She said, waving.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 PM

Bridget had been so focused on Bellisario that she hadn't even noticed the other girl approaching. She startled a moment, twisting to look at the sound of the greeting. Bellisario took her distraction as a moment to give a playful buck and rear. Bridget instantly turned her attention back to the stallion reining him in before he could take off. He danced sideways but finally settled down.

"Good morning," Bridget said, turning Bellisario to face Rosemary. "Sorry about that, he is a little energetic and not used to being in a stall." She smoothed a hand down the stallion's neck, before looking up. "Do you have a horse here?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-16-2013, 05:33 AM

Rosemary smiled a little. "Oh, that's okay. I've seen animals act much worse." She said. When the girl asked if she had a horse there, she blushed deep red. "N-no, I actually...I'm w-working here to p-pay for my s-scholarship..." She stammered, feeling like a peasant among royalty.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-17-2013, 04:34 PM

Bridget understood how the other girl felt. "Hey there is nothing to be embarrassed about," Bridget says softly. "The only reason I was able to afford the first semester is because of the prize money from shows that we have done. If I decide to stick around after first semester, I will be down here working right along side you."

Bridget stopped, wondering why she was telling the other girl all this. She scrambled to think of something else to say as Bellisario begin to dance and prance again, sensing her nervousness. She forced herself to relax and ran a soothing hand down his neck, crooning softly to him until he began to settle down again.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 AM

Rosemary looked up, surprised. This girl, who seemed so well out together, was just a regular person like her. Well, perhaps not regular exactly, but close enough. Viperstrike and Cobrafang wound around her ankles, neither seeming to mind the presence of nervous horses. "Oh, I forgot. I'm Rosemary, and these are Cobrafang and Viperstrike, my two best friends." She blushed as the last part slipped out. How pathetic was she that her best friends were her cats?

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-18-2013, 11:03 PM

Bridget smiled at Rosemary's last words. "I'm Bridget and this goofy mess is Bellisario, my best friend and companion," she says rubbing the stallion's neck.

Bellisario, full of energy snorts and shied away from the cats, spinning away and trying to bolt. Bridget tightened the reins and reined him around in a circle, bringing him back to a stop facing Rosemary. "You aren't scared of the cats you goof," she lovingly reprimanded the horse. "I was about to take him out on a ride. Do you want to grab one of the school horses and come with me?" Bridget wasn't sure why she asked the girl to join her, but she found herself kind of hoping that the other girl might accept.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 AM

Rosemary smiled, taken by surprise by the offer. "Oh...well, okay. Sure." She said brightly. "I'll just get Saber set up. He's the first horse I ever worked with here." She said fondly. It only took her a few minutes to get ready. Soon she was leading a sleek black Arabian out of the stable. Both her cats were perched on his back. "Saber's all set."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 PM

"Good," Bridget said with a smile. "Because Bellisario is raring to go." As if to prove her point, the stallion tossed his head and danced sideways. "Do you want to ride up into the hills or out to the lake?"

Bellisario pranced away from the stable towards the trails. He snorts and tossed his head as he pranced along. The stallion wanted to run, but Bridget held him back. She wasn't sure if Rosemary was ready for a run or not.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-20-2013, 04:13 AM

Hopping up onto Saber's back, Rosemary smiled. She loved working with horses, but it was very rarely that she got to go riding. "Oh, I don't mind either way. You lead and we'll follow." She said. She could see the other horse wanted to run, and she chuckled. "Go ahead and run, we can keep up." She said, patting Saber's neck fondly. Saber snorted and pranced, as if agreeing.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM

"All right but let me know if we are going to fast," Bridget said with a smile. "This boy likes to fly." She gave Bellisario some more rein and squeezed with her legs. The stallion went from a stand still straight into a flat out run, thundering down the trail, almost a streak of black.

Bridget turned him towards the cross country jump course, knowing that the jumps would help use up the stallion's energy. It was only as the neared the first jump that she worried about Rosemary and Saber. There was no slowing Bellisario, he loved to take the jumps at blistering fast speeds. It was one of the reasons that they were often unbeatable in races and shows. That was how she had been able to save up the money for a semester at the school.

She turned her attention towards the jump and making sure that Bellisario didn't rush it to fast and take off late, which was one of his biggest problems. She felt the stallion's muscles bunch and leaned into the jump as he soared through the air and over. Once on the other side, she reined him up, much to the stallion's displeasure to look back and see how Rosemary and Saber were fairing with the jump.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:38 AM

Rosemary was about to respond when the other girl was off like a shot. Smiling, Rosemary kicked Saber's sides, and he understood what she wanted instantly. He broke into a flat out run, and soon they were right on the other girl's heels. Watching as their riding mates took a jump with ease, Rosemary narrowed her eyes and smiled. Saber could make the jump easily. Spurring the horse onward, it was as if the two of them had become one being. They took the jump at full speed, and came up beside the others quickly. Stationed on the saddle horn, Cobrafang and Viperstrike seemed unfazed by the whole event. "Your Bellasario is an amazing horse. He's born for showjumping." She said with a smile. "Saber is more suited for races, but he does well in other categories as well. That's what I was told when I started here. For some reason, out of all the horses there, Saber and I seemed to understand each other."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-23-2013, 06:13 AM

Bridget nodded. "I know how that is. It was like that when I first met Bellisario." She ran a hand affectionately down the stallion's neck. "You want to continue on the jumps or take a trail?"

Bellisario fidgeted, pawing at the ground and snorting. He danced sideways and tossed his head, before trying to bolt. Bridget easily sat the dancing, prancing stallion. She held him steady with her hands and legs as she looked at the other girl.

(sorry for the short post, I am really tired tonight.)

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:24 AM

((That's okay, happens to everyone.))

Rosemary smiled, happy to have found a kindred spirit in the other girl. "Well, I'm up for it, if Saber is. What do you think, buddy?" She asked the horse, who responded by tossing his head and whinnying excitedly. Rosemary laughed. "I think he agrees. Let's go." She said. The two cats perched in front of her visibly braced themselves for what came next.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-24-2013, 05:04 AM

With a grin, Bridget whirled Bellisario towards the next jump and set him into a run. They thundered towards the jump and soared over, not slowing a bit. Bridget's focus was already onto the next jump and the world around her seemed to fade.

Bellisario pulls against the reins, wanting to go even faster. Bridget's attention wavered for just a moment and Bellisario took the opening to increase his speed. He rushed the fence, taking off late and catching it with a hoof as he soared over. It threw off his landing, causing him to stumble a bit, nearly dumping Bridget.

She flew forward onto his neck but was able to stay on as the stallion recovered. She pulled herself back into the saddle, inwardly berating herself for her break in concentration. She circled the stallion, feeling for any abnormalities in his gait, but he seemed fine.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 AM

Rosemary and Saber were off only seconds after, racing down the path at an exhilarating speed. They took the first jump easily, soaring through the air as if Saber had sprouted wings, only moments after the other two had cleared it. Seeing Bellassario stumble on the next jump, Rosemary slowed Saber and they went around the hurdle instead of jumping it. They came up alongside Bridget and Bellasario, the pair seeming to be checking for injuries. "Bridget! Are you two okay? What happened?" Rosemary asked, concerned.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-25-2013, 04:19 AM

"I am fine," Bridget said. I let my concentration wander just a moment and it was enough for Bellisario to rush the jump and take off late." She shook her, angry at herself. I know better."

She halted the stallion, reassured that he wasn't injured. She knew what had caused her mind to wander. She had been thinking about this whole school thing, wondering if it was going to work. She shook her head, pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind. Those would have to be dealt with later.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-26-2013, 04:36 AM

Rosemary sighed, relieved that the other was okay. "Are you still up to riding?" She asked. Seeing how in tune Bridget was with Bellasario, Rosemary silently wondered what her talent was. Talking to animals? She wouldn't ask, of course. It just seemed rude.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-26-2013, 09:22 PM

"Sure I am still up for the ride," Bridget said with a smile. She whirled the stallion around and urged him into a gallop again. They thundered down the trail towards the next jump and Bridget pushed any thought not having to do with the ride to the back of her mind.

Her focus now on the horse underneath her and the jump before them, Bellisario soared effortlessly over the jump. He landed lightly on the other side and moved on to the next jump. They thundered through the course with no more mishaps, finally coming to a halt, horse and rider gasping for breath.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 AM

Rosemary smiled and, without another word, urged Saber on to run after them. Though Saber clearly had more speed than jumping ability, Rosemary was able to hold his speed in check enough for them to clear the jumps gracefully. When they finally thundered to a halt, both panting happily, Rosemary patted the horse with affection. "Great job, Saber. You've really learned to hold your speed back." She looked up at Bridget. "He loves to run so much, and he's so fast, that sometimes I have to slow him down just to take the jumps. You and Bellisario looked so graceful out there." She complimented, catching her breath. Cobrafang and Viperstrike, still miraculously hanging on to the saddle, began grooming each other's ruffled fur.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-29-2013, 03:35 AM

Bridget smiled at the girl praising her horse, it meant that she wasn't the only one. She also smiled at the compliment though it also made her blush some. She wasn't used to compliments, but she also wasn't used to much human interaction either.

"Do you guys want to run? I think Bellisario can probably keep up and he still has plenty of energy," she said shyly and a little hesitantly. She hoped that she wouldn't insult the girl, as she found that she was actually enjoying Rosemary's company. "I mean if you don't want to that is fine too," she rushed to add.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 11-29-2013, 03:45 AM

Rosemary's face lit up with a brilliant smile. No one had ever wanted to hang out with her before, so the fact that Bridget did made her happy beyond words. "I would love to. What about you, Saber?" She asked. In reply, the horse snorted and gave what was clearly a nod. Rosemary laughed. "Great then! Now it's our turn to show off a bit." She teased.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-29-2013, 04:38 AM

"You ready for a run Bellisario?" Bridget asked the stallion and he bobbed his head in answer. She knew that on the flat there was no way that Bellisario could outrun Saber, but she knew that he could keep pretty close.

Bridget found herself glancing over at Rosemary and wondering what the school year would bring for the two. Had she finally found a friend? Someone that she could trust? She sure hoped so as it was lonely being a lone wolf.