Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 11-24-2011, 04:24 AM

Mew? Mew? You there Mew?
Just getting it started, we'll get some stuff done soon

Mew-Tira
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-25-2011, 05:00 AM

Blythie yes indeed I am here. We will start this at your house tomorrow night ;D

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 11-25-2011, 05:47 AM

YEAHYEAH
Stay online, yer?

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 AM

Mew:
Taelynn - adopted, privileged, dad in military, long (mid-back length) dark reddish brown hair, 5'4", medium build, silvery blue eyes, charismatic, good student
- Talents - plays guitar, piano, ukulele and violin. Sings alto (think Sara Bareilles live)

Ciara:
Kiera - lives with her birth mom and abusive dad. 4'11", medium build, silvery-blue eyes, waist-length black-to-medium-brown ombre hair, average student, quiet, avoids people but can be very confrontational.
- Talents - sings alto (dark, warm, smoky voice. Think KT Tunstall) plays double bass, keyboard/piano and drums. Really skinny (doesn't eat much, her dad wastes too much money on da booze)

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 AM

Kiera jogged up to the school door, throwing it open and racing through the mostly empty halls. There was less than a minute less, and this first class was one she actually kind of enjoyed. Finally she reached the music class and stepped in, a little out of breath as the bell rung. She shot a glare at a couple of girls who snickered and moved silently to her seat in the back. The class would start with a short lesson in theory (which I'll leave to Mew, I've never done music theory) and finish with actual practice time.

Mew-Tira
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-28-2011, 01:38 AM

The teacher, a stern-looking woman who seemed old enough to be sick of her job but not yet at the proper age for retirement, turned to the class with a smile that years of teaching had turned into something resembling a tight-lipped grimace. "Today," she began, "we'll be taking a look at how the major scale is built. By now, you all have learned how to read music and identify key signatures." She made a harrumph-ing noise in the back of her throat to indicate that, due to her students' laziness, she was fully aware she was not speaking the truth. "Now, we're going to see where those key signatures come from--why we need two sharps, for instance, in the key of D major." She uncapped a marker and drew a jumble of whole and half-steps on the board that, to most of the class, closely resembled Egyptian hieroglyphs.

"Miss Gatano?" a voice interrupted. The teacher looked up to see the dark-haired girl who had called her name. She continued, "I'm Taelinn. I'm a new student here...is this Music?"

Miss Gaetano smiled grimly in an attempted friendly gesture. "You're in the right place. We were just beginning our theory lesson. Now, if you'd care to take a seat, preferably in an empty chair, we could resume." She motioned toward the class.

Taelinn nodded. "Thanks." She crossed to an empty chair near a group of girls who looked moderately friendly, grateful that the teacher had neglected to ask her to introduce herself to the class.

"Now, we know the pattern of the major scale is always whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half..." Miss Gaetano began again, somewhat hopelessly.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 11-28-2011, 02:48 AM

Kiera watched the new girl enter with the smallest amount of interest possible. Yes, it was a new student, a new chance at being liked, but, going off the fact that the new girl head straight for the group of popular kids Kiera doubted that she'd even know how to read treble clef, let alone understand theory. Finally the (admittedly pretty basic) lesson was finished and Kiera quickly jumped up, jogging over to her baby, a beautiful double bass. She grabbed her bow and rosin'd (?) it and slipped into an empty practice room, starting her practice out with a couple scales but soon moving on to other, fairly difficult, songs.
(You're obviously not the one who's rusty with their writing

Mew-Tira
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-16-2012, 07:37 AM

Taelinn sighed. She'd been hoping, somewhat foolishly, that perhaps this new school's music program would be closer to the level she had pushed herself to. Instead, she had gotten a lesson that seemed like instinct, something she would have known from birth; it baffled her that there were students in her music class who still had little to no idea of how to read music.

Miss Gaetano sighed as she prepared to approach Taelinn, getting ready for another disappointing conversation in which the result was always the same: either a mediocre singer convinced she was going to be the next winner of American Idol without any actual musical knowledge, or an average student, who had no real interest in music, looking for an easy class to supplement their GPA. Without much hope, she approached the girl's desk.

"Miss Taelinn." Miss Gatano voiced the name sharply, her voice clearly strained to hide her lack of enthusiasm. "I like to have an idea of where all of my students are. If you're a little behind the rest of the class"--she suppressed a snort--"I can coach you in your free blocks to get caught up. And obviously, if you are a more advanced student, steps will be taken to ensure that your musical talent continues to grow. So, what is your musical experience?"

Taelinn smiled somewhat timidly up at Miss Gatano. "I've played violin for about six years, and piano for four. I've taught myself guitar and ukulele as well, and I sing...though I can hardly consider myself talented with those." She was very careful not to sound too pretentious.

She could immediately see a change in the teacher; for one, she was grinning back at Taelinn. "I got my first college degree in Violin Music Performance. What solos are you working on?"

"I'm just starting on the Vitali Chaccone."

"Really?! Excellent. I could teach you personally; that was always one of my favorites." Miss Gatano had obviously taking a liking to Taelinn. "Would you like to play what you have so far for me?"

Taelinn nodded. "That'd be great! Of course. I haven't got my violin today, but I'll bring it tomorrow."

Miss Gatano grinned at her, incredibly energized by the prospect of a student she could actually teach. "Tomorrow," she agreed before walking back to her desk to get her earplugs.

Ciara-blythe
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 AM

Kiera waited for the bell to ring before even beginning to pack up. She went through the motion, slower than usual but still at a good pace. Loosen the bow, place it back on the rack, wipe the excess rosin from the string of the double bass to preserve them, and packed it away neatly in her case, then tucked it into the large bass locker where her bag was stored.

She wasn't the only bass player, but she was the only one crazy enough to lug her large instrument from her house onto the bus and across town daily. Of course, she was also the only one crazy enough to practice, and both of these actions had paid off, honing her natural skill to a point that she now had a bit of her own style to apply to songs. Miss Gatano had, at first, tried to talk her into the small city orchestra, or at least a college one, but had given up when Kiera wouldn't respond, positively or negatively.

Kiera threaded her way through the halls, keeping her shoulders slouched and tucked to prevent running into anyone on accident. She managed to make her way to her second class, Creative Writing, without incident. This was one of the rare places she felt alright. The teacher was light-hearted and kind, but didn't push her to talk or interact with her peers. He seemed to be one of the few people who understood that there was a difference between kids, that some were introverted and others were extroverted. He not only accepted this, but also encouraged it. Their first assignment had been to creative two fictional characters, one based on themselves, the other their polar opposite. The first thing they did when they walked in was to work on what would eventually become their final project; a story including these two characters. He didn't give any guidelines more than that, there had to be at least two characters, dialogue, and a full plot. It could be written as an epic (an option no one had chosen) a historical fiction, fantasy, sci-fi or even non-fiction. He didn't ask where their inspiration came from, but was willing to help them find it when neccessary.