Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 AM

((:D Sounds like a plan! People like us can go on forever. :ninja:))

Fenris listened to Marquet's story in silence, watching his friend's face flit from go-easy to upset in moments. The dark-skinned male fingered the pale markings on his wrist as he stared at the map, allowing Julian some semblance of privacy. He didn't want to be staring at the captain as he admitted to something dark.
When Marquet finished, Fenris looked up and met his gaze. "I'll take care of her, captain." Another promise weighed heavily on his words. "She should survive." He smiled grimly, and then glanced toward the door. He would get to it in a moment. They had time, and it was still early morning. It wasn't even seven yet.

"So . . . sleepless night, captain? What was keeping you up? Dreams?" Fenris hadn't sat and spoken with Julian since they'd last met many years prior. This felt . . . almost strange.

((No worries; he'll be headed for Scarlett in a moment. ;)))

-

When the door closed behind them, Laiden frowned. "I . . . promise," he said, though he didn't sound completely sure of himself. In the spur of the moment, he might make a decision that got himself hurt. It was what he'd done to get between Fenris and Scarlett that showed as much. He wouldn't hesitate to do it again, either.
"I need you."
Joseph met Scarlett's eyes. No one had ever said that before. No one needed him, but he was always a burden. He tightened his hold on the girl's hands, his unwavering gaze holding hers. "I'm not going to stop talking to you, either." This girl deserved a friend . . . and she was easy to be friends with.

He nodded at her further suggestion. Scarlett could talk to Fenris for supplies, and . . . it would be easy to get her things without anyone noticing, anyway. He tossed dark hair from his face when she went into the cell, and hesitated as he closed it. "No one will find out," he whispered, slipping the key from his pocket and shoving it into the lock. The grating latch made him shudder . . . and he smiled grimly. "Safe," Joseph seemed to agree with a nod, and then moved to set the key back on its hook.

He stood near the entrance to her cell for many moments, just listening to the waves against the ship and Scarlett's gentle breathing. "I'll stay safe if you get better," he said, fingering the lock and meeting Scarlett's gaze. I want to get you out of here.

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 AM

"Deal." The woman said softly, Standing up and heading over to the bars. She kissed her index and middle finger then placed them on his lips. "There. It's not a kiss, but still. I don't want you getting sick." She whispered, dropping her hand. "Goodnight Joseph, I'll see you later today. And I promise i'll get healthy for you." She said, her full lips forming into a genuine smile.

She saw the wanting in his eyes. The want to get her out. But she shook her head. "No Joseph, it'd be too risky. And I can't risk your life." She whispered, her face now pressed up against the bars and she grasped the two bars her head was between. "I can't let you risk your life for me. I'm already as good as dead." She said, her green eyes shining from her recent tears.

"Remember, you promised. Don't do anything that would get you hurt. And visit me whenever you can.." She said, closing her eyes for a moment, then fluttering them open. "Sweet dreams."

Marquet gave a slight nod. "My sins haunt me when I try to rest. So I usually only get a few hours every night before I wake up and hear the voices." He sighed. "The voices of those i've hurt." He said, looking back up at Fenris. "Oh, you may get to her whenever you wish. I don't mean to rush you, so you can sleep for awhile if you'd like before tending to the girl." He said, running his hand through his hair aimlessly.

"What was keeping you up?" He asked, his dark brown eyes looking over at his friend. "I pray you can sleep better than I." He smirked.

Esmme

Old 03-22-2012, 03:40 AM

((Okay, that kiss there? Yeah, that was the cutest darned thing I've ever seen. :squee:))

Another blush assaulted Laiden's features. The "kiss" made him duck his head momentarily, a crooked smile on his face. When he looked back up, he heard her promise. The smile slowly faded as Scarlett read his innermost intentions.

Joseph shielded his expression when Scarlett started to speak. She didn't want him getting hurt or risking his life, but what use was friendship if it was so temporary? He desperately wanted to see this girl free, and the more he saw of her, the more he desired it. As she leaned against the bars, Laiden hesitated. He should leave before someone found him down there. It wasn't technically time for Scarlett to be fed, and it would be suspicious to find someone with her just talking.
Reaching up, he touched her fingers as they grasped the bars. "Sweet dreams," he repeated, meeting her shining eyes for a few more moments. Kissing his fingers, just as Scarlett did, he brushed them against her lips. "I'll see you when I can."
Joseph slowly stepped back, reluctant to leave the Blackbeard alone in her cell. Despite the fact that this was the first time they'd really spoken, it felt like the days that he'd been bringing her food were more than that. The silent communication had been the first steps of friendship. When he finally stepped out into the hallway, Joseph rubbed his arms to chase away the chill that bit at him.
A bit of rest sounded good, now that his mind was more at ease. Laiden headed toward the crew's chambers . . . but somehow ended up on deck again. The early morning mist that sprinkled the wooden planks felt good on his bare feet and face. With a slow breath, the teen moved toward the railing and looked over the side. If only I could help her get out of this.

-

"Even in a world of magic, voices aren't a good thing." Fenris smiled grimly, though the sarcasm of his comment was short-lived. "I'm sorry, Julian." He knew how it felt: voices of the past were usually the loudest. Fenris had heard his fair share of them as well, though they were all different from the sins that haunted Marquet himself.
Watching as the blond ran a hand through his hair, Fenris sighed. "I'm sure I sleep more than you ever have, captain." He returned the smirk with one of his own before shaking his head. "Just a restless mind and body. It's nothing." He didn't mention that Codette was involved in his restless demeanor, nor that he'd been having dreams of his own past as of late. Marquet had enough on his plate.

With a quiet sigh, the broad-shouldered male turned his gaze to the door. "It appears we could all use some rest. I should choose my moments of pestering you more wisely." His gray eyes met Marquet's brown ones in a friendly manner. "Perhaps we might each be a bit more rested without the talking."
Heading toward the door, Fenris sent a pointed look back at Julian. "I would suggest coming to terms with those voices. They don't get any quieter as the days pass." He opened the door with a grim smile, closing it behind him quietly.

He should rest up a bit before heading down to see Scarlett. Fenris had already had a bout with Codette that morning, which said something about their sleeping habits. Glancing toward the main deck as he passed the portal, the male paused. There, near the railing was Laiden. Fenris frowned, knowing that the youth was sensitive to his own schedule. If Fenris was awake, so was Joseph.
With a sigh, Fenris turned and continued down to the crew area. He needed to sleep a bit longer before tending to the Blackbeard.

((I sorta figured we'd give Codette a chance to reply. :sweat: I know that I hate reading that much, and we've posted quite the bit of story here! :lol:))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-22-2012, 04:35 PM

(*Laughs* thanks guys. And I quite like that plan! ^.^ )

Codette sighed and finished her mopping. She happened to be looking the right way, to catch Laiden taking Scarlett back below deck. Putting away the mop and bucket, she quietly crept to the door way, and listened.
Brushing her hair away from her face, her eyes widened, and a blush crept on her cheeks with what she heard.
Laiden and the Blackbeard. Oh poor boy. This is going to end with his heart being broken. She nibbled on her lips, and ducked out of sight when Laiden came up. Her heart going out to the boy, and feeling awful for the girl locked up, Codette gave a silent sigh, and a silent curse for her own nature.

Heading down to the crews bunks, she dug through her chest to find a blanket. Hearing footsteps, she didn't want to answer any awkward questions, she ducked behind some crates, and hoped that she'd be able to make it to Scarlett's cell without being caught.

As quiet as she could, she crept along the shadows of the crates to Scarletts cell. Codette waited until she thought the girl wouldn't notice her, and tucked the blanket into the cell.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 PM

((I know! I was thinking 'hmm I want her to kiss him but she's sick >.< So then I thought that would be cute. And its so cute of Laiden to do it back (: *squeel!* ))

Scarlett blushed a scarlet red as he pressed his fingers to her lips. "I'll be waiting." She whispered. The girl backed up to her spot beside her bunk and sat, staring up at the light coming from the porthole. She sighed, a long and for once, a happy sigh.

She shivered slightly and then jumped at the sound of something scratching up against the bars of her cell. She looked over and saw a blanket. "Hmm?" She questioned, getting up and walking over to the blanket. She grabbed it and looked into the darkness. "Thank you, whoever did this.." She called softly, and then went to her wooden bunk. She laid down and closed her eyes, falling asleep.

((I'll have Marquet get up when Fenris wakes up again lol ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 PM

Codette sat down in the shadows. A smile crossed her lips, "You're welcome." she whispered, and sneaked back to the crews bunks. Codette sat down on her bunk and thought about what she just did. She would be in so much trouble if anyone ever discovered what she did. It was a good thing she rarely slept with a blanket or her lack of one could be suspicious.

(-.- sorry thats all my brain can come up with)

Esmme

Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM

It was a few hours later when Fenris finally rose. He needed to get moving - his inactivity was killing him. Laiden's absence made him raise a brow, but he didn't bother questioning it further. The boy had been acting strange ever since he'd met Codette, honestly.
Stretching his arms over his head, the male rose. After throwing on a clean pair of clothes, he yanked on his boots and headed for the main deck. Laiden was still standing near the side railing, though he didn't look sea-sick. Instead, he looked troubled. Fenris contemplated talking to the teen, but instead turned around and went below deck. He would speak with the kid later.

The sound of his own footsteps was light, and by the time he reached the Blackbeard's cell she had been sleeping for a couple hours. His gray eyes flickered over the blanket, but he said nothing. Instead, Fenris took the key and unlocked the cell. "Scarlett," he knelt beside her bed, his expression as neutral as ever. "I need to change your bandages."

Fenris took in the tray of mostly eaten food sitting near the side of the cell, and he raised an eyebrow once more. It was Laiden's job to feed Scarlett, and that meant he'd done it already. The male shook the thought away. It was of little importance. He just needed Scarlett to sit up so he could fix up her wound . . . and talk to her about the map.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 PM

((I'll let marquet sleep till about noon and then i'll have him up. I'll say its eleven right now. I feel bad for him since I never let him sleep lol ))

Scarlett stirred and let a soft noise escape her lips as she fluttered her eyelids open to face reality. "Yes?" She asked softly, sitting up as she picked up the blanket, folded it, and then sat it at the end of her bed. She looked over at Fenris, still shaking from her blood loss. "Do you think I could maybe get another warm shirt out of you?" She asked, showing him that since it had rained her cell was slightly flooded, and his shirt that she used as a dress was still damp from the rain that happened two days ago. "Since it's so dark down here I haven't been able to dry off.." She coughed, running a slender hand through her dark hair. Her curls fell gently on her shoulders and down her back.

"Oh and thank you for the rum, it's been doing wonders." She said, looking to the bottle under her cot. She coughed yet again, before looking down at the rain puddles on the floor to see her reflection. She still looked lovely, but she had dark circles under her eyes from no sun, and she looked paler. "A change of bandages would be nice." She whispered, looking up at his neutral face. He was a rather strong looking man, and she knew what he was capable of.. so she'd let him help her without any of her stubborn remarks. She was happy he was at least going to show some care for her.

Esmme

Old 03-22-2012, 10:57 PM

"I'll bring one the next time I pass by." Fenris looked over the girl, knowing that she was shaking and weak from her sickness. He felt a twinge of pity for her, but knew he still had things to do. "For now, I can tend to your wound. You have eaten already, from the looks of it." More food wouldn't kill her, but it would be a waste if she wasn't hungry. "Do you need anything else to eat?"
Though the questions made it sound like he cared, Fenris truly was just doing what he was told to do. This girl was going to survive. As he took in her trembling form, he saw that she was just as pretty as ever. It was almost a shame that someone of such looks was going to her death.

((:XD Sorry it's so short!))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-22-2012, 11:09 PM

"Thank you." She said, her emerald eyes brightening a bit as she looked at him. "Oh, I'm fine. Well.. not fine, but you know what I mean." She said, a smirk on her lips. "I can only eat a little at a time, so the food L- the boy brought me will suffice." She said, mentally cursing at herself for almost saying his name. "Your not so bad when your calm, Wonderboy." She said softly, pulling the sleeve of his black shirt down off her body so that he could rewrap her would. "It looks a little better, but I still can't lift my arm up all the way." She said, glancing to the white bandage on her shoulder that was stained with blood.

The divine woman sat still, looking statuesque in the way she sat so that he could easily get to her shoulder. "Is it pretty out?" She asked, the words rolling off her tongue in a melancholy tone. "I heard a few dolphins earlier, but since it's just beginning to be light out I haven't yet climbed onto my bunk to look outside." She said, looking over at him.

Esmme

Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 PM

Fenris' eyes narrowed at the use of the nickname, and for a moment he almost looked annoyed. There it was: his normal self returned. With a light snort, he carefully pulled away the old bandages. The wound looked as though it was healing, but it was going to be difficult to keep it from getting infected. Especially with the Blackbeard's conditions. . . .
As he let the wound dry for a few moments, Fenris eyed the girl. He was doing it for health purposes, but no male could deny that Scarlett was beautiful. For a moment, he could understand why Marquet had gotten so . . . touchy. Just as Fenris was inspecting her shoulder again, Scarlett asked about the outside world.

"You'll be seeing it yourself in a few minutes," he mumbled, narrowing his eyes and swiftly padding the wound more thoroughly dry. Within minutes he had a fresh bandage wrapped under Scarlett's arm and over her shoulder. It looked like she would improve readily . . . if she had the right circumstances.
"The captain has given me permission to bring you on deck for a while." Fenris growled something under his breath before meeting the girl's gaze. Her bright green eyes were startlingly clear, but he didn't respond to their call. Instead, he stood after swiftly unlocking her bonds. "I'll get you a fresh change of clothes when you get back in your cell. Now get up."

Ah, as moody as ever. Fenris frowned, looking peeved that he'd had to wait as long as he did. "Joseph came to see you this morning, didn't he?"

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-23-2012, 12:04 AM

The dark haired beauty nodded slightly and stood up. Her legs shook a little but she quickly forced herself to stand straight. She couldn't grab Fenris to help keep her up, so she just focused everything in her mind to keep from falling. She didn't want to show Fenris any weakness. "Thank you, Fenris." She said, eying him. This had been the first time she voluntarily called him Fenris to his face. She figured if she dropped the nickname, the male may treat her an ounce or two better.

"Joseph? Oh, yes.. but only for a few moments. He just dropped off my food and left. He's not very talkative.."She lied through her teeth. Her fine-featured face fell back to her soft demeanor. "I'm sorry i'm such a burden to you. But I thank you for making my last journey a tad bit more comfortable." She said, walking towards the stairs in a lithesome manner, even though she was forcing herself not to trip and she felt horrible. The dark haired woman made her way towards the steps and waited for Fenris' approval before heading up them. Once she got his approval she made her way up the steps and opened the door that led to the deck.

Light flooded into the darkness and instantly covered her face, making her glow momentarily. "The sun feels so nice.." She whispered, closing her eyes as she walked onto the deck and further into the sunlight. She turned back towards the door to look and see how Fenris would react to her being so happy to be on deck. She then glanced around quickly, looking for Laiden.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-23-2012, 12:28 AM

Codette's body wouldn't relax. She cursed herself and headed top-side. Letting down her hair, she gazed up at the warm sunshine. Codette looked over at the railing and noticed Laiden. "Are you alright? Feelin' sea-sick again?" She asked, putting her hand softly on his shoulder as she reached for her ginger with the other. The salty wind picked up her strawberry curls and played with them, forcing them to dance around her shoulders and her face.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 AM

((Oh and um would you like to move this to a group rp? Or just keep it on this one and say its a group rp?))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 AM

(I'd say re-title this one as a group rp. I spend a lot of time re-reading rps and i'd hate to miss the 1st 6 pages of action and encounters)

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-23-2012, 12:37 AM

((Kay (: Oh and Me too Codette. Lol, Especially when they die. I go back and read them like their books <3 ))

Esmme

Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 AM

((I don't mind just retitling it or something. :3 You could always make a huge, red note in the beginning or something. :lol: Say it's a thread for just us (or someone else, if you ever want to throw someone in with us wolves).

Oh, Scar! I do the same thing!! I read many of my favorite rps like books. :XD I get upset when I can't remember the name of a good "book," and then find out it's really just a thread. :lol:))

Hearing his actual name from the girl made Fenris narrow his eyes, but he didn't say anything in response to her thanks. Instead, he moved back and turned toward the door. She could talk herself to death, for all he cared. It would be nice to get away from the cell, in any case.
"He doesn't say much," Fenris agreed with the girl when she spoke of Laiden. He seemed to believe her. Honestly, there was no reason not to. Joseph didn't speak to many people, and when he did his words were very few. Who would have guessed that the teen had said more than a few words to Scarlett?

The soft expression on the Blackbeard's face did nothing to chase away the gruffness of Fenris' demeanor. He prompted her onward as though wanting to get the whole ordeal over with. When the door to the main deck opened, the male sucked in a slow breath. The glow that lit up Scarlett's face was charming, to say the least.
When she turned back to him, Fenris' expression had softened ever so slightly. "What are you waiting for? Go on." With a wave of his hand, Fenris gently (for once) ushered the Blackbeard out of the dark hall.

-

That was the exact moment that Codette approached him. Wiping the expression off of his face, the youth blinked away anything he was thinking. Watch it, Joseph. A half smile spread over his face as he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder.
"I'm okay," he said quietly, meeting Codette's curious gaze with his own. Laiden couldn't help but smile whenever she was around. The redhead just had that affect on him. Her unruly curls made his layered black hair look tame in comparison: at least his was short enough so it stayed out of most of his face.
Laiden noticed how the woman reached for her pouch of ginger and was relieved to find that he was actually feeling decent that morning. It was the first time he'd woken up and not had to use any of her "secret" to keep his stomach settled. Granted, he hadn't eaten anything quite yet. . . .

When the door opened to the lower decks, Laiden didn't bother turning around. It had been opening and closing all morning as the crew slowly filtered about to do their jobs. It was the sound of Fenris' voice that made him stand straight again, glancing over his shoulder to find his companion. When he saw Scarlett, his blue eyes lit up. A slight smile appeared on his face before the teen had the chance to force it away. She's allowed on deck. The thought made him happy for her. Scarlett deserved this - she deserved more, but this would have to do.
With a start, Laiden looked back to Codette. Fenris might not have seen the look on his face, but Codette certainly did. He smiled warily, clearing his throat and leaning against the railing again. "It's a nice day."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-23-2012, 12:52 AM

Scarlett nodded and instantly took off towards the side of the ship. She peered over the side of it and looked down at the sea. She glanced towards Laiden, smiling at him and then leaning over so that she could lay her head on the railing. She wished Laiden could spend time with her, but she doubted he would in case Fenris might notice something going on between them.

The female glanced towards Fenris, thinking he looked better in the light then in her dark cell. She mouthed the words 'Thank you' again before turning sitting on the rail of the ship, listening to the waves rock against the boat. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back ever so slightly, letting her body soak in the sun and its warmth.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-23-2012, 01:11 AM

Codette nodded. "Alright. Just tell me if you need more. I have more stashed in my chest." She leaned her forearms against the railing. "yes, yes it is."

Her eyebrow was raised at Laidens expression as she noticed Scarlett coming on deck with Fenris. She didn't say anything, just tilted her head towards the sea. Codette wasn't so crass as to tell Laiden that she had eavesdropped. She could also pretend that his expression towards the girl meant nothing.

What bothered her, was that she couldn't figure out why it bothered her that Fenris stood so close to Scarlett. He had to make sure she didn't get away, but she also was going to become sicker below deck. Still something inside her twisted and curled like a snake, and she was determind to kill it.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 AM

((Ooooh jealousy >:3 Well you don't have to worry, Scarletts fallen for Laiden :P Fenris is just this big hulk guy she sometimes flirts with. Lol ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 AM

(I know, I just thought it would be fun if she had no idea what her feelings were. Knowing Codette she'd be to scared to ever admit feelings other than friendship)

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 AM

((Oooh la la <3 Well I'm sure it'd be just as difficult for Fenris seeing that he hates everyone.. Lol Poor Codette! She likes someone that has more periods than she ever will :P ))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 AM

(*Laughs* OMG! Thats soo true *falls over laughing*)

Esmme

Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 AM

((:XD *bursts into laughter* I'm tellin' ya, Fenris is constantly having his monthly visitor. If Midol were an option, Laiden would be slipping it into his food constantly. :rofl: <-- can't stop laughing

Man, I'm loving this thread. LOL!!))

Fenris found his gaze on Codette as she lingered near Laiden, but he immediately looked to Scarlett as she moved. He followed her to the railing, though he kept his "distance." A couple feet at the most, really. The Blackbeard was in constant sight and within reach.
When the girl mouthed her gratitude to him, Fenris merely scowled and snorted quietly. Like he cared about how thankful she was. Little did he know he cared a bit more than he'd ever admit. It was nice to see a smile on her pretty face, and to think that she might be enjoying herself during her last journey.

Leaning back against the railing beside Scarlett, Fenris crossed his arms and looked up at the main mast. The recently-patched sail that bore Codette's stitching fluttered in the breeze. Somehow, that was the first thing that male noticed. For once, the day was smooth sailing and . . . well, he had nothing to do other than tend to the Blackbeard.

-

Laiden's features changed a bit, and he glanced at Codette just in time to witness her looking out to the ocean. She either hadn't seen his expression, or she wasn't as cold about it as Fenris would have been. The youth smiled slightly when he saw something flicker over the woman's face.
Curiosity made his eyes widen, and Joseph ended up staring at the redhead for many moments. It was sheer necessity that made him blink the mist from his eyes after a small wave.

((ANd yes . . . poor Codette. :XD))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 AM

Codette noticed Laiden staring at her. "What?" she asked a little alarmed. "Is there bird poo in my hair?" the girl frowned, and pulled her hair off her face. Codette turned so that her back leaned against the railing. "You really shouldn't stare Laiden, the salt water will really hurt your eyes." Her eyebrow began to twitch in irritation.

(yay! Pity party for the Pirate Girl that would be most likey to find your deserted island to be marooned on)