Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 05-04-2014, 06:06 AM

Eve straightened as Chiasa and Constance finished sparing. The woman was really fast, far faster then human's dared to be, that was for sure. Admiring the technique, she was caught a bit off guard as the demigod stepped up and addressed her. Meeting the woman's golden eyes with her own silver blue ones, she looked down at her bow. "I have been shooting since I was five. Competed 4 years ago, and then had to stop due to personal issues... I have been shooting when I get a chance, but I'm still a bit rusty." she said humbly. Her eyes held a soft pain at the memory of loosing all she held dear to the cancer. Almost loosing her life many times in those years was something no one should have to go through. Brushing her multicolored bangs from her eyes she met those golden eyes again. "I also know some fighting, hand to hand, sword, pole, and a few others. I'm not a master by no means, but I have the basics down. Though I'm a bit rusty at those too." Evelyn continued and offered a smile. She had to try and be positive right now, she couldn't get depressed about things in the past. It was over and there was nothing she could do about it. "But I'm willing to always improve, that's what life's about right?" she said with a perky attitude and smiled brightly. Yes, all she had to do was focus on the bright side of things. That if she died, she died quickly right? hehe. Mentally laughing at that joke her smile turned a bit more genuine. The power of positive thoughts was always a good thing to have, for she had suffered enough in her life time due to negativity and illness. She didn't want any more of that junk. "So what do we work on first?" she asked brightly, knowing that she would try her best, for that was all that the new comers were truly asking of her. To try, and do her best.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM

Placing her hands together she bowed back to Constance. There fight had been fun, the girl could actually keep up with her for a bit. They would definitely be sparring again. Since her back was to the majority of the others Chaiasa let a small smile grace her face as she was given a wink and a thumbs up from Constance. She heared Yerik and schooled her face.

The demigod turned around and studied the group again. When her eyes roamed over Arty she gave her a death glare before looking neutral again. “You, come on.” Her finger pointed at Mikheil. She could feel his hesitance, that he didn’t want to fight. Well everyone had to fight. Sizing him up she knew he was going to need some work. Already two groups were forming in her mind. The fighters and the ones that needed the most work.

After everyone had gone a round with her she would split the two groups up. Then she would pair a fighter with one that needed work. They would be able to teach while she overlooked and added advice. After a bit she would rotate and have the fighters practice against each other and she would give a group lesson to the nons. While she waited for Mikheil to come forward she finalized her plans in her mind.

“Your choice, either hand to hand or you may choose a weapon. I will start by only blocking your attacks. If I feel you are ready to receive attacks from me I will do so. Be prepared.” Chaiasa rolled her neck on her shoulders and let her arms hang loosely at her side.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 05-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Although Mikheil would avoid admitting that, all the things that Artifex said about their failures and follies hit too close to home. He hadn't winced when Chiasa vented her anger - he felt it couldn't be directed at him in any way, but felt sorry for red head that had summoned their guide's anger -, but now his shoulder slumped and man looked at ground. It was true, at least about him. He wasn't smart or handsome, or strong. There was nothing about him that could make him important to the group or its survival. At least, their chances won't become lower when he will go down. Because he surely will, won't he?

Soon, Anna, Billy and even Suzanna got involved. He felt something of a begrudging admiration towards them and Megumi that dared to step up, talk with crazed Artifex and make such speeches. They all at least tried to do something, even in face of moderate danger - what if Artifex suddenly attacked any of them? Megumi said she didn't fear death... He wished he could say the same, but even though he found himself worthless, the thought of perishing paralyzed him. There wasn't much Mikheil had wanted to see or do in this world, and at most times, visioned his future as rather bleak, but he had never toyed with thought of suicide. Perhaps, despite having left religion on the side, as belonging to older generations, some principles were still deeply instilled in him.

So, if he didn't want to die, what was keeping him from doing something to become more than stage decoration? Shoulders still slouched, he stepped out of the crowd, stopping halfway to the tense group. If things would get ugly, he would be close enough to get involved. Maybe save one of the girls from a nasty injury since he had enough physical strength to hold Artifex back or down, if needed. At least he hoped he did.

But the situation got resolved in a wiser way, with Yerik getting involved and the man felt relieved, about to return to the sidelines. He wasn't needed. For better or for worse. But Chiasa decided differently. When she pointed at him, he looked confused. "Me?" Mikheil questioned, looking around him and then flushed, realizing that, naturally, no one else was nearby. Pulling head deeper in shoulders, he walked closer to fierce woman. Damn. If he had stayed in the line, this wouldn't have happened! Now he would get to embarrass himself all the more.

"Mikheil Kovach. It's... nice to meet you, Chiasa," he introduced himself, remembering her order from before. The woman before him was a good deal shorter, kind of dainty and... pretty. But he had seen the great power she possessed and wasn't fooled by her appearance. Still, it must have been hard, for her to get to where she was now, both physically and metnally, like she had yelled... Or maybe he had just played too many video games with strong woman protagonists that had this gentle soul underneath hard and harsh shell. He cleared his throat awkwardly, "I'd just like to say that I dislike thought of hurting a woman." Real smooth, real smooth.

His hand rested on knife's hilt for a brief moment, but thought of trying to slash at her made him queasy so, Mikheil suddenly moved to right side and swung fist at her side - a good idea poorly executed at the end as she could most likely easily dodge it with her arm, barely moving it. Even more, he immediately expected a counter attack and half-leaped away from her, tripping over a stone in the grass and nearly tumbling on the ground. He managed to regain his balance, but his face was as red as tomato, hair in his eyes. If she had indeed not attacked back, he mumbled something in German under his breath and approached Chiasa again to attempt a 'honest' sweeping kick and some punch.

Last edited by sadrain; 05-04-2014 at 11:30 PM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 PM

He was cute, the way he question if he had been called. The warrior nodded and hid her smile. She watched him step forward and state his name. This time she didn’t hide the small smile. “It’s nice to meet you Mikheil." His next words caused the smile to turn into a feral grin.

“Oh honey trust me even if you could hurt me, you’d get over that real quick when you’re the one hurting the most.” Chaiasa saw his fist coming towards her side and easily dodged it by leaping backwards. She didn’t attack back, she wanted to see what his reaction would be. His reaction was smart, most opponents would have attacked, but she just wanted to watch this time. Amusement lit her eyes as he stumbled. Yes, she was going to have to work with him more.

She hopped over his sweeping leg and took the punch on purpose. Chaiasa wanted to see how well he delivered one. It hit her right in the gut. Hardening her abs seconds before his fist connected, she didn’t grunt or flinch. But the punch was impressive. If she had been a normal human being she probably would of had the wind knocked out of her.

“Very good, though next time shift your weight with it. Again.” She wanted to see what else he knew and waited for the next attack. This one needed work, but not as much as she first thought. He had a good base.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 05-04-2014 at 11:34 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 05-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Look on Mikheil's face when his fist collided with Chiasa's was a mix of surprise and horror. He had just punched someone for the first time in real life, beside few brawls with his brother in childhood where he had defended from Davit's fists more than anything else. But he had punched a woman and instantly, apology rolled over his lips, although it didn't seem like the hit had affected her much. However, at this moment, something dawned on him. This was not exactly real life. So, maybe he could accomplish few things here that he had never managed in real life (and probably never would)? That was a thought worth pondering, although the answer was probably simple - no.

When the woman praised him, embarrassed grin spread on his face. So, who said video games don't teach you anything? HA! That'll show them. Well, not exactly. But he now could imagine it did. Mikheil also recalled that they were supposed to think about item they'd want to and part of his mind again began to think about his sketchbook and drawing utensils, picturing them as clearly as he could, including even how they felt in his hand and in what order the pens and pencils were in their special cases.

But that thought slipped away partially while he frantically tried to recall something clever for his next move. Luckily, idea came fast and Mikheil moved in a full circle around the small woman and in last moment, when it seemed as if he was about to continue circling - right leg even stepped forward, landing rather firmly and giving him some extra ground - he swung his fist at her face in a nice right hook, trying to shift his weight into it as taught, but as soon as the punch went hit (blocked) or miss, man ducked and kind of hopped bunny hopped backward. Standing up fully, he moved back even further, as if to assess the situation.

Attempting to regain position of attacker, he rushed at her from the side, but the stone, oh that darned stone, was right in his way yet again. As his toes collided with it, Mikheil let out a crossbreed of yowl and curse, flying forward, the attack becoming an awkward tackle with all his body mass put into it. If he didn't crash in Chiasa, he was in for a painful landing with face in the ground.

Last edited by sadrain; 05-05-2014 at 02:05 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-05-2014, 12:28 AM

One by one, the others were chosen to step forward. Lucas found himself on his own, and drifting a bit to take a look around them a bit more. He did not mind being on his own, it was normal and life. His eyes raised to the sky above, as he closed them for a moment to take in the feeling of the air around him. This place was beautiful still, no matter what era it was. That brought a smile to his lips, as his eyes opened once more. He noted Yerik dealing with the pair who seemed to be causing a bit of mischif over on the side, he watched as he seemed to be dealing with it with quite ease. What were the two of these guides capable of hmm? He glanced at the others one by one, before he took a seat to relax a bit and focus. He needed to shift through a few thoughts, and since it seemed that he had time, he could do just that.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 05-05-2014, 04:20 AM

He was pulled away from his thoughts when he heard the demigod call up her next victim. Glancing over it seemed that he had lucked out again as the woman had called up a boy. He believed that his name was Mikheil, but he wasn’t really sure. Takumi noticed that Rain was standing roughly halfway between him and the others. The other male looked like he could hold his own in a fight. Walking a few steps forward with polearm over his shoulder he grinned slightly at the other. “Want to spar?”

While waiting for an answer he swung the naginata so that it was resting across both of his shoulders. He relaxed a bit. Really he wasn’t sure what to expect from this person. He only vaguely remembered meeting him the evening before. “The name’s Takumi by the way. I’ll understand if you’re not interested. This whole situation seems a little too unbelievable. Demigods, gods, titans…seems like something out of a anime, book or movie.”

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 05-05-2014, 12:50 PM

With a grin, Yerik stepped away from Suzanna. "I'll always be here watching. I'll never be far away. All you have to do it look for me and I will appear. For now, I need to start gathering up items that you're all missing." His eyes moved to Chaiasa. "She will always be here to aid you. You're in safe hands." Her latter question still remained unanswered. Should he answer it? Probably would be better if he did. "The forest is where the titans hide. The lake is fine but make sure you're quite when you're not near the cabin. Although small, the cabin has magical powers that will ward off the titans. When I bring back your items, I will bless them so that the titans cannot see or sense them. I'll make sure they are safe."

He stepped to the side. Doing as such rendered half of his body invisible. The air rippled and the grass started to gray. Slipping between the dimensions, Yerik left. It wouldn't be for long, though. It would just be enough to gather up the essential materials that each craved. He would also be kind and bring back other supplies that might aid the crew, more so along the lines of keeping their nerves down.

GM's Note:
All players are to PM me a list of items there character might want. They can be big or small, several or one. If the items are powered by electricity, that doesn't matter. Yerik will supply a means for using them as he doesn't think it would be fair to wish for such things and then not get them to work. If you could provide a list of FIVE (5) ITEMS, that would be great. Please rank them in importance, too. Thanks!

"Howdy," Anna's hand waved before her face as she gave Lucas a little bow. Squaring herself off so that she stood beside him with her feet a shoulder's width apart, she smirked. "Quite a lot of action going on here." She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Almost makes you hungry," she said with a sigh. Her blue orbs turned to meet the handsome fellow beside her. Grin growing on her face, she winked. "Don't suppose you want to help me try to cook these fish." Her hand flew over her shoulder, pointing to where Yerik once stood. "He said so long as we stay next to the cabin we should be safe. I swore I saw a fire pit," her eyes scanned the land and laid still when she spied the place, "there it is!" she chirped. "If we can get a fire going, we can start roasting the fish." A pale blush kissed her cheeks. "I dunno about you, but I've been feeling pretty useless. Everyone else is taking well to the fighting. I see no need to practice something we won't really use so I might as well make myself useful."

Anna moved away from her spot and offered Lucas a 'come on' gesture. Skipping over to the fire pit, she began to click some stones together. It was a tedious task, but after a few tries, a spark flew from between the rocks. It landed on the tinder and soon a small fire began. "I saw some brushes over yonder that we could strip the sticks from. We'll need to skewer the fish and lace them up in a teepee of sorts." Again, she pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'll get started on that and see if I can manage the fire."

Billy was relieved that the heated situation was finally done and things could return to normal. With everyone going back to their own things, Billy was left standing beside Megumi. "That was rather brave of you to try to talk her down. I hope I didn't undermine your work." His freckled face grew a meek grin, but only for a second. "Remind me to talk to you if I ever need a level-headed conversation." There was a joyous sigh. "Ever think about becoming a lawyer?"

His gaze fell on the group again and how everyone was starting to come together. Chaiasa was still going about her training and Yerik had since vanished. It made him wonder, what would the guy bring back for him. "What do you hope he brings back for you," Billy asked rhetorically. If he received a response, he would calmly state that it wasn't necessary. "I mean, what do I really want from the present that I think would aid me in the past." His lips moved over one another as he tried to picture something of the utmost importance. "I think I'm pretty content with what I have. I'm not alone. I'm not sick or dying. I have food and shelter. A guide and warrior. I see nothing I need from the present." His glance shifted downward toward Megumi. "I suppose I would just want something that would be beneficial for the whole group," he finally decided.

Last edited by Xavirne; 05-05-2014 at 01:36 PM..

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 05-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Constance kicked her feet out from the cross-legged way she had been sitting before. "Well, you never truly forget though," she said, leaning back on the palms of her hands. "Why, it's been a few years since I've actually fought anyone with my Sai, let alone being able to train with them." She nodded to herself as her eyes dropped to her belt where she noticed the black weapons were nowhere to be found. "Uh oh," she then whispered to herself as she looked back to where Chiasa was now assisting Mikheil, the cute brown haired lad that the red head had yet to been able to chat up. Near where they were, the weapons lay on the ground, no one seeming to have taken notice to them.

Sticking a finger up as the wild haired woman going on about wanting to improve, the red head jumped to her feet as she scurried around those watching the next match. "Excuse me, pardon me," she said as she darted around people, though her voice wasn't quite so meek as to sound completely apologetic. With a wide smile reflecting in her eyes, she gathered up her weapons and flipped them back into their sheaths of sorts at her hips. "There we are, all better," she announced to the group as though the weapons sitting on the ground were a reason to panic, or that Constance was missing a part of herself without them.

She then sauntered back over to Eve, planting her hands on her hips. "Well," she started, her eyes drifting to where the woman had been shooting. "I'm not good with ranged weapons, but if you want, I could show you the basics to hand to hand combat. At least enough to keep you from getting beat up too bad." She nodded at the sound of that before slyly adding, "Or we could see who could stand up better, you with your bow or me with my Sai." The teasing look was clear in her eyes as they narrowed tauntingly.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 05-05-2014, 05:02 PM

Chaiasa stood still and watched her opponent. He seemed to be thinking hard about something. She would have to warn him about deep thinking while fighting, not a good combo. Had she wished she could have immobilized him during that time and it would have been a cakewalk. As Mikheil circled around her she tracked him by sound. Warriors used every sense they had. They worked hard to heighten them and because she was a demigod her senses were even better.

Her arm shot up and blocked the punch. Brow raised she watched Mikheil jump back once more. So he was a hit once and retreat fighter. She could work with that.

Then he rushed her. It would have been a smart move had he not tripped over the rock. Letting out a heavy sigh she took the hit to her body, cushioning his fall. She didn’t want his cute face to be broken. Pushing him off, she placed her hands behind her head and used them to push off the ground to jump up onto her feet.

“Very nice shifting your weight with the punch. You listen to advice, that’s good. We need to work on your balance and coordination though. But not to bad.” She gave him a slight bow and turned to the rest of the group. Chaiasa looked at two of the men standing together, both of Asian descent (Rain and Takumi). She sized them both up and decided they were fighters. “You and you, both of you come forward. Weapons.” As she talked she walked over to her sword and drew it from it’s sheath. A metallic ringing noise sounded as it was freed, echoing in the distance.

“Don’t worry gentlemen, I won’t damage those pretty faces.” Now this fight, this fight was going to be fun. She waited for them to step forward.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 05-05-2014, 06:13 PM

Just as Rain decided he wouldn't mind sparring with the guy, and get a feel for how he fights. Takumi came up to him and asked him if he wanted to spar. Rain place his hand on his swords hilt, "Names Rain, and I'm definitely interested.Who would have though something like this" Rain gestured around him with his free hand "was real or even possible." Rain shifted his body to get into a slightly crouched position, legs apart. Just as rain drawn his sword, and waited until Takumi was ready, they were called by Chiasa.

Well technically she called "You and You" but she meant them none the less. Rain looked over to Chiasa, she wasn't kidding about calling them both over. Rain looked over to Takumi, he hadn't learned how he fights yet but he did see him sparring a bit by himself. Fighting together will take time to get in sync with each other but hopefully they'll do alright together with no conflict. Rain withdrew his sword and relaxed, he then took a few steps closer to Chiasa, giving a slight bow. He couldn't help but smirk as she commented about not hurting their pretty faces. "Names Rain".

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM

The male gave him a slight shrug. He for one never dreamed something like this was possible. Seeing as Rain accepted his invitation he grinned, rolling the polearm off his shoulders. Just as he was getting into position to start Chiasa called them up. It seemed the woman had changed things up from just fighting one on one.

Oh she was serious about going two on one, he could tell from the look she gave them. Takumi looked back at Rain. They hadn’t had a chance to learn how the other fought so they could adjust to each other. They would have to try to get into sync quickly if the woman even gave them time to. The raven moved forward standing a few feet to the left of Rain. He gave Chiasa a slight bow, also smirking at her comment. “Fujiwara Takumi,” he said as he raised from his bow, giving his last name then first. With both hands now on his weapon he took his stance.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Lucas was thinking to himself, when Anna came over and began talking to him. He looks over at her, a light smile forming on his lips as she spoke. She was so pure and innocent, even if she was unable to help with fighting, she still wanted to do something to help at all. That was admirable, he nodded a bit, to the question of helping her with the fish. He slowly stood, brushing himself off when she moved to the fire pit. He kept the small bits of brush and kindling straight, so she was able to light it. The thought of using twigs was a bit creative. He chuckled lightly, "quite the chef yourself" he flashed her a warm smile.

He himself was a cook, it was one of his passions. This would be an easy task, and something to help take his mind off of things as well. "I do not mind helping at all, whatever you need me to do, just say the word" he was serious about that. He could not stop himself from smiling a bit within her presence. Being around her was more...natural than it was with the others. He had thought he had caught a blush from her earlier, with the light from above on them...it gave her a bit of a glow. He glanced away for a moment, trying to clear his mind before he appeared to be staring, or led himself to say something totally stupid.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Rain and Takumi, fitting names for the both of them. Chaiasa leaned forward into a bow and then straightened. She didn’t miss the smirks from either of the men in front of her. She studied the two of them, watching them for a moment. Bouncing on her toes for a second she pushed off the ground and ran at them. Her sword was angled behind her, pointing towards the ground. She ran in a zig zag pattern so they wouldn't be able to tell who she was going for first.

Coming up in between the two of them Chaiasa struck out with her sword at Rain. Aiming for his knees with the flat side of her sword. She was completely competent with her sword so she wouldn’t cut him. At the same time she was strinking Rain with her sword she was swinging her fist at Takumi’s stomach. The warrior kept her forward motion going by diving into a summersault and coming up to her feet a few feet away.

Grin on her face she turned and got ready for counterattacks.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-05-2014, 10:04 PM

So it began, Chiasa making the first move against the pair. The raven’s eyes followed the demigod’s movements as she rushed towards them. He moved into more of a defensive stance preparing for an attack, expecting her to try striking him with her sword. This as a miscalculation on his part as the woman had opted to attack Rain with the sword instead and swinging a fist at him. Takumi shifted his weight, sidestepping to avoid the punch. Chiasa’s fist still managed to graze him because his reaction was a tad slow.

The male grunted slightly from the impact he wasn’t totally prepared for. She was good, very good. Takumi turned left and spun around to face Chiasa, swinging his naginata at her. He made sure to keep a few feet distance from Rain as to not accidently hit him. The initial swing had been a large sweeping motion that held power behind it. His attack didn’t end with just that one swing, no it turned into a flurry of quick strikes coming from different directions as he used both ends of the polearm. The male hoped that Rain would take the opening he was trying to create for him.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 PM

It seemed everyone was watching each other, but Chiasa was the one who was going to strike first. It was quite clever to run in a zig-zag so they wouldn't know who she was going for. Although Rain was tracking her movements his focus was on the sword, he had a feeling that she would use the sword him. But he was also prepared for any other form of attack as long as she didn't use lightning fast demigod speed like she did on Arty.

And Rain was right, she was aiming for his knees with her sword, he didn't have long to act so he didn't think he just reacted on pure instinct and instead of her sword smacking into his knees it clashed with his own. If he had thought about the counter instead of just reacting, she definitely would have smacked him on his knees. Rain turned around quickly when she dove into a summersault just a few feet away.

Shifting his stance to one of offensive he looked briefly to Takumi as he readied his Naginata and swung out, but not too close to Rain so he wouldn't get hit or have to negate the attack somehow. Takumi was unleashing a barrage of attacks upon Chiasa she was sure to dodge. But could she dodge infront and in the back? Rain stepped, careful of Takumi's attacks. Rain had the sword facing the ground giving it a good swipe upwards, of course flat side. Even if he will never hit her, or he did he still preferred to use the flat side for sparring. Whether or not the attack landed, he spun around, going down with his leg out in a leg sweep motion ready to sweep her off her feet.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Evelyn was surprised as Constance moved and got her weapons. Smiling slightly, she watched the next fight finish out, and then watched as Rain and Takumi were called up to work together in fighting their new teacher and guide. Wondering on why she had switched up the process, she shrugged. Sighing as Yorik dissappeared, she hoped that her panda backpack was what he would bring. It had her notebook and a few pencils. It also had her medication in it, so if she did need it for any reason, she would be prepared. Plus she could store things they needed in it while in this era. Turning around as she heard Constance again, she offered a bright smile. "I do know the basics of hand to hand. I'm just rusty." she said lightly. Smiling a bit wider, she chuckled lightly.

"But I'm completely open to whichever option you want. Both mean we get to train." Evelyn said with a smile.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 AM

Coops had brushed himself off after his little spar with Chiasa, although he thought to himself the term beating may have been more accurate, but he'd guessed most fun things in life usually resulted in a few bruises, anything to get the adrenaline going.
He had gone back to check over his armour, which he as of then hadn't tried on fully, he spent some time fitting it on tightening the silk straps, until it seemed to balance out well across his body, and with that he threw on the Bergen and took off to jog along the shore of the lake.
Despite their situation, and the apparent upcoming violence, and knowing all around was danger, nothing could be further from that than this tranquil place currently, the late afternoon sun laying down long shadows of the trees, flickering in his eyes as he ran. A decent breeze had picked up cooling him down and bringing with it the scents of citrus fruits mingled with the damp mossy smell of the lake. Occasionally a flying insect would cut across his face almost if it had decided to make its purpose in life to stalk him... So calm everything.
The young man found himself thinking that they were here now, in this situation, and even if there was a way to duck out of this responsibility, the world as he knew it may be threatened, and how long until these terrors caught up with him, and his mother. No he would make his stand here and now, with these others. He began to make his way back to the rest of the group.
As he arrived he had become out of breath, but felt his muscles begin to burn, a good burn he thought, he felt comfortable with his gear, and gotten his heart rate going. He looked around to see others had begun to train amongst themselves and started to get to know each other. Nothing quite like a bit of a fight to break the ice he'd found out in his past. And thought he should do the same, he glanced around to see who he might make an opponent for.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 AM

Megumi's petite frame trembled slightly as the crowd of people surrounded her. Her levels of social anxiety were rising and she was close to tears at that very moment. These people were probably the most selfless people she's met so far in her lifetime. A couple of tears streamed down her face as Anna spoke from next to her, and more flowed when Billy and the others all rallied up to support her. Her facial expression remained blank, however, the tears were relentless. Her head remained down and she could only nod at the increasingly positive speeches everyone was giving. Such nice people, how fortunate that they could care for the weakest.

She quickly wiped her face and composed herself when Yerik 'politely' intervened. Her hands went up automatically when Arty suddenly flew through the air, but she couldn't move a muscle. It wasn't exactly fear, but something similar to that caused her body to freeze. "That may have been a bit too much...." She mumbled worriedly, gazing at Arty.

Soon everyone started to disperse, and the woman let out a quiet sigh of relief. Her relief was short-lived however, as Billy spoke next to her, startling her. I thought he left!? She thought, suddenly frightened. She looked up to him, and back down nervously, though it could be mistaken for shyness, and replied,"B-Brave? It wasn't too much, I've had worse bullies than her, so I.... how you say it, 'sucked it up' and dealt with it." She looked at Chiasa, sighing,"Though my fearlessness for any threats of death mean nothing if I lack the physical skill for defense."

She stifled a laugh at what he said next, "A level-headed conversation? I may be brave but I lack skills in anything else besides bravery and smarts, I'm sure lawyering wouldn't be my cup of tea." She smiled softly,"But I will think about it when we're done with...you know." She gestured to their surroundings.

She wanted to answer his next question, but found that he didn't stop speaking, so assumed he didn't really want a proper reply. Pondering on what she was to reply back, she turned her head to look up at him, making sharp contact with his eyes,"Well, Billy was it? Its very nice to know that someone like you is thinking about others before yourself, but are you really content with just that? It would be ideal if everyone were to be happy, including you, wouldn't you agree?" She leaned over and examined his face closely, her eyes suddenly lit up with something unexplainably evil, and her voice became a bit more friendly and cute as she uttered her next words.

"Wouldn't you like a book dangerous and medicinal plants? Or a book on climbing trees and mountains without dying? Maybe a book of cures for deadly poisons?" she moved back, bowing slightly and looked back down at her feet."Though I do not expect you to be into such grotesque things, but it was an idea that would benefit our group I guess."

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 AM

Grinning Chaiasa dodged the attacks coming from Takumi. She knew what he was doing, keeping her busy so Rain could come up and attack her while she was fending off his attacks. It was a good tactic, a very good tactic. But regular opponent’s didn’t have her powers.

She dodged and weaved, bent over backwards to avoid the naginata. The warrior felt more than saw when Rain came up and swung his sword upwards. She blocked the advance with her own sword, a loud clang ran throughout the clearing. To avoid the sweeping leg coming for her feet she sped herself up. For her the two of them were in slow motion so it was easy to dodge everything. One second she was there, the next she was a foot away from both men.

“You both are extremely good fighters and work well together. Just remember from now on you won’t be facing regular opponent’s.” Smiling wickedly she motioned them forward with a crooked finger. “One more round? Come gent’s!” Holding her sword at her side she waited. This time she would let them attack first.

Artifex
less than three

Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 AM

They were rallying together, how... unexpected. Her blue-green eyes gazed over the group, all banded together at the sight of someone in need. It was enough to bring just a hint of a smirk on her lips.

Her eyes locked on Billy for a moment as he questioned her motives, "What I am trying to do" she replied haughtily, "is see if any of you are worth the time." she looked at Yerik as he approached, finding herself taking a few steps back as he did so. She didn't know all he was capable of yet and she didn't like that look on his face, "He said we were not the first. What makes you believe we will be the last?" her words were to the group and though she had more to say on the subject her voice fell short of them as Yerik, in a display, sent her flying through the air.

Her body rolled across the ground until finally coming to a halt on the grass. Eyes filled with anger turned back to glare at Yerik and his warnings but with a snap of his fingers her eyes rolled back and she slumped into the earth.

Artifex's head was spinning, she was vaguely aware of someone nearby, confirmed by Suzanna's calming voice. Her eyes now a bit clearer than before, Artifex sat up abruptly. A look of abject horror crossed her face at Yerik's last words to her. He would kill her? Kill? For something she had no real control over?

~What an over reactive butthole~ groaned Anti-Arty in her head, apparently also feeling quite disorientated. ~I only said she was going to die, I never said it would be by my hands. That'd be pointless for me to do.~

"Shut up-Just SHUT UP!" Arty snapped aloud, getting hastily to her feet. She turned away from them, ignoring Chaisa's continued sparring with the rest, pulling away from Suzanna's kind touch, she didn't even realize as she marched right through where Eve had been shooting her bow.

Her eyes brimming with tears, Artifex headed around to the far side of the cabin and slammed her back against the wall to lean against it.

~Now you're over reacting to~

"I told you to be quiet" Arty hissed through her teeth.

~Or you'll what? Cry me to death? If that worked I would've disappeared years ago~

With cry of fury and frustration she turned and threw a punch at the wall, only to be met by a sharp pain that ran up her arm.

~Oh that helped~ Anti-arty commented sarcastically.

"You made them hate me" Artifex continued punching the wall, cringing with every strike, "I was just starting to get along and you made them hate me. Megumi's never going to forgive me for that. None of them are." her fists already ached from just a few strikes so she stopped, sliding down to her knees and resting her forehead against the wall as she watched her tears water the grass.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 05-08-2014, 12:46 PM

Rain thought he had or atleast almost had her. Why else would she use her speed? Rain knew right there that the point of the sparring was meant to train them for inhuman opponents and they may not all be like the one "back home." This was good.

It was amazing how she sped up and then she was one foot away. Rain took care to not get cocky when she complimented them both on how well they were working together so far. Getting cocky gets people killed. And in this case possibly humiliated or something along those lines.

Rain just had an idea, she hadn't said they couldn't use all of their weapon or their surroundings. He scanned the area for a boulder or rock he found one. He measured the distance and at what point he should throw his chakram. (His inner fanboy is squealing) Rain reached at his hip for the chakram with his free hand and raised it. He wasn't planning on it hitting Chiasa. Rain threw the chakram, almost as if was a frisbee but treated it like a boomerang. As soon as it left his hands he ran forward and did a baseball slide with his sword flat side aimed up towards the upper thigh/lower stomach area.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 05-08-2014, 01:16 PM

"Me? A chef? Ha, you haven't seen anything yet," with a happy purr at the tail-end of her comment, the blond slaved away over the fire. She de-boned some of the fish and gutted all of them. She wasn't throwing away the guts either, no she could use them later to help give some fat to the fire. It would certainly help get it roaring. Or, if they needed to get a wild animal off their tail, offering fried fish guts seemed like a probable solution.

Anna skewered a few fish and the rest she laid on large, flat rocks that she placed over the fire. Her idea of a make-shift cookery fell short due to the fact that all the wood was too dry, hence opting for the stones. Kicking herself back so that her feet were just outside the fire circle, she sent a smile up to Lucas. But it was quickly pulled back at the sound of something colliding with a wall. Head looking over her shoulder, she spied Arty.

It was a sore subject and she knew it, but the woman didn't need to beat herself up over the whole... scuffle? Was it safe to call it that? With a sigh, Anna rose from the ash and dirt and moved with ginger steps toward the crying woman. "Ummm, hi. So... I don't think we hate you," Anna tucked that same strand of hair behind her ear before she kneaded at her sleeve. "I think we're all just... scared. Confused. Worried." With each word she uttered, Anna found her strength. Looking up with those full blue eyes, she gave Arty a smile. "You just gave us a big scare."

The popping sound from the fire caused her to jump. "Oh jeez, rule number one of camping, don't leave the food on the fire." Anna's back was to Arty, but her voice wasn't. "Want to help Lucas and I with the fire and food? I could use another hand."

She half-jogged back over to the fire and knelt down before it. Frantic eyes couldn't spy anything that would let her turn the fish over. "I miss spatulas," she whimpered.

Artifex
less than three

Old 05-08-2014, 02:06 PM

Perhaps she was over reacting, but having the sight of all these people-people she had been trying to turn into friends suddenly band against her, it had been a little much to withstand. She wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out again.
Her stomach twisted further when she realized she was not alone, despite attempting to remove herself from the group. It was quick realization that finding any alone time here would be a difficult task. Which meant everyone was going to hear her talking to herself and think she was crazy.

~Pretty sure they already do, after that episode~

Glancing up only briefly to see Anna, Arty pulled her knees to her chest and hid her face in them, embarrassed on top of all else to be found crying. "I'm sorry" she mumbled through the fabric of her sweat pants, "I didn't mean to let that get so out of hand."

Looking up as Anna jogged back to the fire, Artifex felt her stomach knot again, though this time it was from hunger. With a bit of a sniffle she tried her tears and took a deep breath to calm herself before getting back to her feet. The sight of the fish nearly ready to burn was unbearable so she set her mind to the task and ran inside, going to her pile of clothing and armor.

Picking up a rather pretty corset, Arty sighed and started ripping out some of the stitching. It was an Elizabethan style which meant one very handy component: metal boning. The one in the center would do just fine, seeing as it was about two inches wide and fairly flat. Taking that and couple other little pieces with her she returned to the fire and offered Anna the make-shift spatula, along with a second piece of the metal boning but it was more of a thin stick in shape. Still, it would do for helping with the fire. Too bad Elizabethan corsets only had the one wider piece.

She didn't have much to say about it, merely gave these things over without a word before sitting on the ground nearby and fiddling with something else. Two gloves, one inside the other would do it. Along with some grass in between for a bit of added insulation. Stitch them together and in about fifteen minutes Artifex had a make-shift oven mitt that she offered to Anna as well. After all, the metal pieces were only about twelve inches long and would heat up quickly if kept near the fire.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 05-08-2014, 05:25 PM

The man thought they had her, but that was a foolish thought. Oh yes, she was inhuman so why would normal tactics work against her? Takumi grinned slightly. So this was meant to teach them to face inhuman opponents. It was time to change things up.

Takumi wasn’t about to get cocky just because she praised their teamwork. Even if she was doing all this he still didn’t trust her, though he was starting to like her style. He spun the naginata in his hands a moment before getting into a ready position.

Like Rain he also had the idea of using other weapons. No sooner had the chakram left Rain’s hand and Takumi took off running, zigzagging a bit, he planted the base of the polearm into the ground and used it to help him vault into the air. Flipping in the air he flew over Chiasa’s head landing in a somersault behind the woman. Quickly he got to his feet, pulling the dagger from his boot as he launched himself to attack her from her unarmed side aiming for the lower part of the thigh and calf area.