salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-03-2014, 05:29 PM

Has anyone here watched the movie "Looper?"

If so, I would really love to discuss it with you!

Basically,

SPOILERX

What do you think will happen now that Young Joe has died and Old Joe will no longer exist?
Will Cid still become the rainmaker nonetheless? Or will he grow up to be an ordinary boy?
Did loopers ever exist if the rainmaker never existed?
If not, then what do you think all the people who would have been loopers will end up doing?

Why did the rainmaker specifically send Abe back to manage the loopers?
And how would Abe have known exactly where and when the assassinations were going to occur, if they didn't even happen yet in the future?

How did Sara know about loopers?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-19-2014, 10:43 PM

So I watched that movie yesterday. :/

SPOILERX

I don't think Abe was sent back by the rainmaker. I think he was sent back by the previous boss and I'm pretty sure it said rainmaker was new, so the loopers existed long before him.

I think the movie should have showed more after, like a hint of the future and cid growing up, if just a little. There's not enough emotional payout to make it feel Joe's sacrifice was enough. Sure you know rainmaker is bad, but it never shows of what he did or what he can do if he's good. But I'm sure Cid became a good person after that.

Seems assassinations always happen at the same time, same place? Abe had to know that before he went back. He just manages that side of the world. Maybe others from the future go back and speak with him. Dunno.

As for sara...wow. It really doesn't say a thing about how she knows about loopers. But I guess plenty of people do??

I don't know that all of this is really spoiler, but I dumped it all under there anyway.