Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 PM

Quinn yawned hugely and stretched out like a cat in his chair, looking out the window of his office idly. Only three more days until the full moon. The thought made him smile, and he relaxed again as he turned and started to go through the paperwork he'd need to do before he closed up for the night and went to go see who else of his kind he could find.

Arianna looked around the bar, her normal smile in place as she moved over to a table, serving a couple their drinks and food. She had gotten the closing shift, which meant more work but bigger tips. She didn't mind so much. So she just smiled and did everything anyone asked her, and didn't mind anything anyone said about her behind their backs. After all, they were paying for her new car she hoped to get in another few weeks.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 12-30-2010, 03:23 AM

Kei let the magazine he had been flipping through drop from his hands and onto the table before him with a sigh. Being in a band was fun and all...but sometimes their practices just got so grueling... He couldn't wait for it to end. Then he could go get his brother and head home to crash on the couch or something. Anything would be better than this. A sudden knock on the break room door had him lifting his head to meet the eyes of one of his band-mates, the guitarist. Ciel, her name was. "Yea?"

Ciel didn't understand why she always had to go get Kei every time he wandered off. Maybe it was because she had an uncanny ability of finding him? No, it couldn't be that. She rolled her eyes as she knocked on the break room door. Seriously, it wasn't that hard to find him. Ciel pushed the door open without waiting for a reply and stuck her head in, waiting for Kei to look up. "We're running through the song one more time before Shizu has to leave and we obviously can't do that without our vocalist/bassist."

Ah, Shizu, the drummer. They always seemed to hold practices around his schedule because he had the most hectic one out of the entire group. It was only the four of them. Kei was the vocalist/bass player. Ciel was the first guitarist/back-up singer. Rui was the second guitarist. And Shizu was on the drums. Kei groaned before getting up and stretching, pulling his arms behind him until he heard a satisfying 'pop'. Then he motioned for Ciel to lead the way and followed her out.

Honestly, Ciel sometimes wondered why they even bothered. It got so redundant running through the same song over and over again. Sometimes she wished that they could play some of their old songs during practice, just for the heck of it. I mean, she loved her band-mates in a family sense but sometimes their groans of frustration just got to her. Being the only girl didn't help much either. She pushed open the door to the studio and held it open with a foot for Kei, who walked passed her with a muted thanks and ruffled her hair in passing. Ciel huffed and fixed her hair as she followed behind Kei, grabbing her guitar and pulling the strap over her head. But...despite the little bumps in the road, she wouldn't trade these boys for anything.

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 12-30-2010 at 06:15 AM..

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 PM

Quinn finished up all the paperwork he had to get done for the day before he started closing up, making sure everything was in order. He locked up the safe and put everything away in his desk before he grabbed his bag and went downstairs to the front office to wait for Kei. His brother was probably still in practice, but he didn't mind waiting. He could chat with the front desk receptionist while he waited.

Arianna worked as quickly as she could manage, and she had a smile and a good comment for everyone. It kept them all happy, and she made bigger tips. Idly she wondered if those people from the band would be coming in this evening. Some of them did after their practice ended, but she never knew when they'd be coming in. One of them, Ciel, was pretty fun to talk to.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-02-2011, 01:13 AM

"We're done! We're done!" Ciel chanted, practically shouting for joy. She couldn't believe how happy she was to have gotten past today's practice, it had seemed more energy consuming for some reason. She gently put her guitar away before throwing the case straps over her shoulders and turning to the boys. she quickly located Kei where he was putting his bass away and approached. "So, we going to pick up your brother today?"

Kei zipped up his bass and put the case straps over his shoulder before looking over to where Ciel stood to answer her. "yea, yea. I don't know why you can't just go home yourself."

"'Cause you know I hate riding a motorcycle while I have my baby with me." Ciel patted her guitar case for extra emphasis.

Kei rolled his eyes before waving to his band-mates, Ciel copying his motions before the two headed out the door. Idle chatter was exchanged as they crossed the street. Kei glanced to the bar, he wasn't much of an alcoholic and neither was Ciel, but their band-mates seemed to be addicted to the stuff. "Hey, mind if we drop in there real quick? Might as well get a pick-me-up after that practice."

Ciel glanced over to the bar as well before shrugging. "Whatever you want. You're the driver. As long as it's only one drink I've got no problems. I've been meaning to drop in to say hi to Arianna anyway."" With that, the two redirected their path to head for the front door of the bar.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Arianna was working the section in the back, with the football fans and sports people. The TV back there was always on some sports channel or another, although Arianna didn't keep up with anything. The only time she disliked working back there was when a favorite team lost, and the crowd got rowdy and upset. That was never fun. Especially if they were drunk.

But tonight they were good, and the rest of the bar was pretty good. A few people were off playing pool, but most everyone was just sitting around talking, drinking, and listening to the music. This definitely counted as a good night so far.

She moved back over to the bar to get a pitcher of beer for a table and glanced over at the door automatically when someone came in. Just one of the regulars, and she sat in a different section. Arianna shrugged and took the pitcher of beer back to the table.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-02-2011, 09:00 PM

Kei opened the door and held it open in such a way that Ciel was forced to duck under his arm to get in. She did so, and smacked him on the arm for good measure as he followed her in. The two looked around, it was a lot quieter in here today than it was normally. The two exchanged looks before Ciel spotted Arianna.

"I'll be over there, just get me when you're done with your pick-me-up."

Kei nodded and wandered off to the bar to get something to drink as Ciel meandered over to where Arianna was. She waited for the other girl to put the pitcher she was holding down before reaching forward to tap her on the shoulder.

"Have some time to chat?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Arianna turned and smiled broadly when she saw Ciel. "Hey you!" She wrapped the other in a brief hug. "Yeah, come on, let's go into the back where it's quieter. I could use a break." She smiled a little as she led the way to the hallway that led back to the owner's office and the bathrooms.

"So, how've you been? And everyone else?" She turned to look at Ciel expectantly, still smiling. This smile was more natural, however.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 PM

Ciel returned Arianna's hug before following after her to a quieter part of the area. "I've been good. And everyone eslse too, I'm actually here with Kei before we go pick up his brother. You know how I am about my guitar here." Ciel laughed softly. "What about you? Customers haven't been giving you trouble I hope?" Ciel looked around and chewed lightly on her bottom lip. "I just wish you didn't have to work in a bar of all places. It's not very safe...is it?" Ciel and Arianna were about the same age so it made Ciel a bit jittery to know that Arianna worked here. That was the reason why she tried to drop by as much as possible.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-02-2011, 11:39 PM

"I've been good. No trouble here for a while." Arianna smiled. "I'm fine, really. My boss is really nice, and he makes sure none of the customers give me any trouble. He even walks me out to my car when I close, like tonight." She smiled reassuringly at her friend. "Really, I'm okay. Besides, I'm this much closer to getting my new car."

Arianna looked over at Kei and waved briefly to him. "Well, maybe I'll stop by later. It's a weekday, so we close at midnight. That's not too late, is it? I can come by tomorrow and hang out, if you prefer."

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 AM

Ciel frowned but conceded. "Alright, if you say so then." She brightened up after that. "You can come over whenever you want. I don't think Quinn would mind much and I could use the help in keeping Kei awake." Ciel noticed movement in her peripheral vision and turned to find Kei leaning against the wall further down the hall, tapping his foot to a tune only he could hear. Ciel laughed again. "Well, that's my cue. I'll see you later, yea?"

After getting a response from the other girl, Ciel walked over to Kei, waved bye behind her back, and the two left the bar.

Kei and Ciel both walked over to a sleek black convertible. The hood was down so Ciel just hopped over the door and into the back, setting her guitar down securely. Kei passed her his bass and she secured that as well before putting her seat belt on. Kei vaulted over the driver's side of the door before buckling in as well. He turned the car on and then drove towards his brother's workplace.

It took a few minutes before they arrived at the front of the building. Ciel rolled her eyes at the lack of parking space and unbuckled her seat-belt, vaulting out of the car and heading through the front door to where she spotted Quinn talking to a receptionist. "Hey! Quinn! Hurry up!"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-03-2011, 12:54 AM

"Sure thing! See you later then." Arianna waved as they left and then smiled to herself as she got back to work, cleaning up a spilled drink and giving the person a new one with a smile.

Quinn grinned at the receptionist and waved to her as he left, heading over to the car. "Well, well. You sure took your time. Visiting Arianna again?" He got into the passenger's seat of the car, adjusting his tie and loosening it as he undid two buttons on his shirt. He set his briefcase between his feet on the floor.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-03-2011, 01:44 AM

Ciel followed after Quinn, yet again vaulting into the back seat. She fixed her shirt quickly before pulling the seat-belt back on and Kei pulled back onto the main street, this time heading home. "You know it Quinn. She's visiting later, just so you know." Ciel moved forward and wrapped her arms around Quinn's shoulders and seat. Kei turned his head to see the usual scene and rolled his eyes, "Please Ciel, can't you wait until we're home at least?" Ciel stuck her tongue out childishly at Kei. "Stop joking around like that Kei! You know I only consider Quinn as a friend." She retorted before turning back to Quinn who she still had her arms around. "So how was work today anyway?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 AM

"Oh, the usual. Paperwork, annoying and useless people calling me, all the usual stuff." Quinn grinned as he leaned back a bit, grinning at Ciel. "I might have a new contract though, so that's good. How about you two? How did practice go?" He looked between the two. No one seemed pissed off, and Kei was fairly relaxed, but that could have just been time to calm down, or the beer he usually got.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Ciel puffed her cheeks slightly at Quinn's mention of practice and released him, leaning back in her own seat and crossing her arms over her chest. "Not as great as you would think. Rui needs to work on his timing. A lot."

Kei shook his head as he pulled into the driveway. "She's just pissed that Rui kept screwing up right before her solo." "Well, you would be too if we'd come close o your solo at least five times but oh! how could I forget? Your the freakin' vocalist. You have it so much easier than the rest of us." A moment after the words had left her mouth, Ciel's expression became distressed. "Wait no. That came out wrong." Kei just shook his head and waved it off. "Don't mind. I know you're just pissed off. You'll cool off in a bit and feel like a complete arse. Now hand me my bass." Ciel carefully handed Kei his bass before getting out of the car herself and pulling her guitar out.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 PM

Quinn laughed quietly and stayed there until they parked. Then he got out and got out his briefcase, unlocking the door. He left it open for the other two, taking his shoes off and putting his briefcase at his desk up in his room. Then he got into more comfortable clothes, dark jeans and a t-shirt, and thumped back downstairs.

"Hey, you guys want to watch a movie?" he called, going over to the DVD rack. They usually watched a movie, sometimes a TV show or a game of some kind. It was their relaxation time, and then dinner and sometimes drinks.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 01-05-2011, 02:22 AM

Ciel bounded in after Quinn, rushing up the stairs to safely deposit her guitar in her own room before practically flying back down the stairs and onto the couch. Once there, she laid out on the couch, and turned so that she was facing Quinn. "Sure, but which one?"

Kei followed in last, taking the time to close and lock the front door before going up the stairs, narrowly missing being bowled over by Ciel and ito his room. He set his bass on its rack before going back down. He took one look at Ciel on the couch before going over and picking up her feet and sitting down, placing her legs over his own. "You choose the movie Quinn. I can't think straight right now anyway."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 AM

Quinn grinned and nodded, rifling through the movies for a few minutes before he picked out Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was one of his favorite movies, because it was fun and had lots of action. Besides, Ciel and Kei both enjoyed it. He settled down in his own chair once he'd put the movie in, taking control of the remotes as usual.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-21-2011, 02:02 AM

Ciel sat up as Quinn popped the movie in and switched positions so her head was resting in Kei's lap. She kicked her feet into the air as the movie started, snuggling into the warmth that Kei exuded. For some reason she was feeling restless...maybe she was more tired than she realized? But she couldn't go to sleep...she had to wait for Arianna to come over first!

Kei sat still as Ciel shifted in his lap. After she settled he draped his arm over her stomach. She'd grown up with his brother and him, it was normal for her to cuddle with one or the other. She must have been sleepy though, if she was acting so childish. He glanced down at her briefly before raising his eyes back to the movie.
"Hey Quinn, I think the little princess over here is getting sleepy."
He said to his brother before raising his second hand to his chin.
"Hey...why don't we watch the movie in french or something? Then we won't understand anything and can ad-lib."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-21-2011, 03:18 AM

Quinn snickered at the idea. "French it is," he said cheerfully, going to the menu and choosing French language with no subtitles. He didn't mind; he'd seen the movie before so he knew what was going on.

Glancing at Kei and Ciel, he shook his head. "You can't fall asleep yet, kiddo," he said to Ciel. "Or else Arianna will wake you up when she gets here, and you know how that will turn out."

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 AM

((I forgot...how old are Arianna and Ciel? And how old are Kei and Quinn?))

Ciel pouted. "I won't fall asleep! I don't want to be cranky when Arianna gets here." She said, folding her arms over Kei's. "I'm just a little tired is all. I can stay up."

"That's what you always say princess." Kei cut in. He poked Ciel's forehead, only to have his hand swatted away a moment later as she sat up and retreated to the other end of the couch. Kei raised an eyebrow in amusement before folding his arms over his chest and leaning back against the couch.

Ciel stuck her tongue out childishly at Kei before curling up with her knees hugged to her chest. "You believe me don't you Quinn?" She asked, turning her eyes to the other male.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-21-2011, 05:25 AM

((Arianna is 21, and I think Ciel was the same age. And the guys were 24-26 I believe))

"Of course." Quinn paused. "I believe you'll stay upright for an hour or so if you don't get sugar in your system." He grinned innocently and plopped between the two on the couch, letting his arms rest along the back of the couch.

"And now for entertainment in French."

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 AM

Ciel reached over and smacked Quinn's arm lightly before leaning into his side. "You two are so mean to me...sheesh...just cause i'm younger..." she mumbled before settling down to watch the movie.

Kei rolled his eyes before relaxing as well, opening his mouth randomly to "translate" a line or two, just trying to see if he could get a laugh out of his brother or his childhood friend.

((okay ^^ you want to do the honors of time skipping to when Arianna shows up?))

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-21-2011, 08:11 AM

((Sure. ^^))

Arianna knocked on the door a few hours later, still in her button-up white shirt and black pants from work. Even though she was tired, she was looking forward to this. She always had fun when she stayed over at their house.

Quinn got up to go answer the door, hopping over the back of the couch. He grinned when he saw the other young woman. "Hey Arianna. We were starting to wonder if you were going to show up at all," he teased, moving aside to let her in, then locking the door after her.

"Oh hush. I had to clean up before I could leave, and the bathroom was nasty." Arianna shivered but unbuttoned her shirt and tossed it off to the side, showing a white undershirt tucked into her pants. "So what are we watching tonight?"

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 AM

Kei peeked over the edge of the couch along with Ciel and smiled at Arianna as she walked in. He pulled a face when she mentioned cleaning bathrooms and Ciel frowned.
"I really think I should find you a better job."
Ciel muttered. Kei rolled his eyes next to her before vaulting over the back of the couch. Ciel blinked before copying the taller male and vaulting the couch as well. She stumbled her landing and tipped into Kei. She managed to catch her balance by pushing on Kei's back. In turn that made Kei stumble and he glared playfully over his shoulder at the shorter girl. Ciel ignored Kei's look and pushed past the two boys to give Arianna a hug.
"Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark...in French." she added in answer to Arianna's question.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 AM

Arianna hugged her back and then blinked at the movie. "In French? Seriously?" She couldn't help but laugh at that, pulling back a bit to grin at Ciel. "Is there any particular reason for the French?"

"We're ad libbing," Quinn said with a big grin. "It's more fun that way." He flopped down onto the nearest chair, waiting for them so he could unpause the movie. Honestly, it was fun watching the movie in French. And ad libbing. The only way it would be more fun is if they were buzzed.