Old 03-11-2018, 12:07 PM

*hugs Ava*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-11-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
My old doctor is still in Minnesota, but I don't know if I am able to ask him for help because he's not licensed in California. :c

I have been trying to get help from him for a while before I moved, but he doesn't know anyone in California or knows how California's healthcare system works, so he was pretty useless. :c

It was my therapist that said I could text her any time. :) I did text her to let her know that I made it to LA okay and that I was doing alright and she texted me back and said "that's great news, it was nice working with you and I wish you the best".

Try Googling the area and see if any doctors are taking new patients. Then if you find one call and explain your situation. And if they can't help you see if they can point you in the right direction for help. It's a shame there isn't some kind of National Database so the people aren't left without help when they move. Good luck sweet pea!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 03-12-2018, 08:02 PM

I'm surprised there isn't myself :/. You'd think it'd be something someone would've thought up at some point, because sometimes people don't stay in the same state their whole life XP

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-13-2018, 06:34 PM

I think a lot of it is the issue of insurance reach. Many insurance companies don't extend to the full reach of the country.

Of course they compete with the other companies and don't want to give them business when you move so the patient gets shafted.

Is obamacare still around or did that get shot in the foot?

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 03-13-2018, 07:52 PM

I have insurance that pretty much only works in the state I'm in. vOv
If/when I move out of state I'll have to get new insurance.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-13-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
I'm surprised there isn't myself :/. You'd think it'd be something someone would've thought up at some point, because sometimes people don't stay in the same state their whole life XP

I don't understand why there isn't. It seems it would benefit the new Dr and more importantly the patients themselves. And there really should be some sort of option where you can look for a new doctor before you leave your old doctor or state or whatever. Like you know the bar association for lawyers. I'm just amazed at there's no referral system for people to find doctors and for renewing prescriptions when you move out of state. If I knew how to do an app Ava I would certainly do this for you.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-13-2018, 08:31 PM

Yeah that's how it was for me... :c
I got Medicaid so I could only use my insurance for the state I was in...
Now that I live in California, I have to get new insurance. >.<

My old psychiatrist called my mom and asked how I was doing...
It was a nice gesture, but I still feel like it would have been SO much easier if he'd helped me with my insurance issues out here.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-13-2018, 08:34 PM

I think it would have been nice if he had helped you find a new psychiatrist out there or at least referred you to several people that might point you in the right direction along with helping you with a few steps on how to go about doing your insurance quickly and easily. I'm sure not everyone is Versed and how to do everything in every state. But they do have the network to find out I'm sure that someone with whom he has gone to school know someone out in California that my point you in the right direction Etc, you know what I mean?

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-13-2018, 10:05 PM

I'm thinking that the County Health Department in the county Ava has moved to should have a Medicaide advocate to help her out.
In Denver there are advocates at the County Hospital and at the County Human Services Department.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-13-2018, 10:16 PM

Since Los Angeles is such a big place maybe calling your chamber of commerce of the area could point you in the right direction Ava.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-14-2018, 03:01 AM

Ava - I think there are legal concerns that he is having to juggle in that regard, having been your therapist.
Likely as they are no longer your therapist they have to be careful what influences they have.

Kory

Old 03-16-2018, 01:47 AM

I think that makes sense, Poet. :c
I finally got someone to help me, I applied online for California's Medicaid and now I have a "worker" but when I tried to contact them, they never picked up and their phone went on ringing and ringing for a while. x.x

I feel like I'm going in circles here!

I wish it were as easy as it was in Minnesota. :C

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-16-2018, 03:53 AM

There are a LOT more people applying for the same thing you are in California than there are in Minnesota...
It will require great diligence on your part to get what you need, because if you don't "nag" them they may think that you no longer require assistance.
Once you establish a relationship with your worker things should become at least a little easier.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-18-2018, 01:29 AM

Yeah... helping services are always so "helpful" aren't they Ava

I hope you're right Inzane. But I agree, make sure they understand the urgency. After all your health is at stake isn't it?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-18-2018, 01:59 AM

At least you know where you were needing to speak with your worker now Ava. So just start calling and calling and calling. I like trying to call first thing in the morning like before they even get in and just let it ring until I pick up the damn phone. You might be able to get some kind of urgency status or temporary status just to refill your prescription. But anything that can help you right now is a godsend.

Tom Hiddleston
Adorably Profound

Old 03-18-2018, 01:11 PM

I think Ava is getting depressed...
She has a worker now, great, but she hates calling people due to her anxiety. Feels like The Who insurance will they, won't they thing is creating more anxiety too.
Ava doesn't want to take her pills anymore and now seems like the perfect opportunity to stop. But at the same time, now would be the worst possible time to go to the hospital.

Ava is performing live on Sunday on her ukulele for a mother-daughter networking event for those in the entertainment business. She's been practicing every day and it would suck soooo bad if her efforts went to waste by going to the hospital and missing the event. Also, since Ava has no insurance, she can't afford to go to the hospital.

SPOILERX

Ava told me that the voices had been telling her to hurt herself and that the police are following her. What bothers me the most is that the voices say that the police will kill her...

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-18-2018, 06:44 PM

Ava needs to twke her meds and she needs to make those important phone calls!
I, too, have anxiety when it comes to phone calls, but when I finally force myself to get them made, I feel quite accomplished! I suspect it would be much the same for Ava.
I hope the performance goes very well! What songs did/will Ava perform?
Tell Ava that the voices are wrong and the police aren't even interested in her...
I think the voices are just jealous because Ava wasn't giving them any attention and they are acting out like spoiled children.
Tis best to ignore that bad behavior!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-18-2018, 07:27 PM

Calling people sucks...

Ooh ava is doing an event? That's awesome ^^

Nobody can really afford the hospital honestly... the place is expensive as heck.

I agree with Inzane. Ignore the naughty voices.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 AM

Hope Sunday when slash goes well Ava!

Remember you can always text your old doctor.

Kory

Old 03-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Thanks, friends

I was finally able to contact someone about not being able to contact my worker. I was able to submit documents that I needed to submit too, so hopefully now it's just a matter of time before my application gets accepted and I have new insurance! :D

The voices have been a little quieter but the helicopters are still scary and still circling my apartment

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2018, 09:53 PM

Those helicopters probably circle a lot of apartments!
In Denver there are certain buildings that the helicopters circle over on a nightly basis.
The problem with apartment living is that you never truly know who your neighbors are and what they are up to and whether they might be wanted by the police or not.
I imagine it must pique your anxiety a bit having them flying overhead.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-20-2018, 01:06 AM

Helicopters? What kind are they?
You're in the big city now right? I wonder if they are news helicopters.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-20-2018, 01:16 AM

I might be going to Denver Comic Con in June. I should probably request those dates off now.

Kory

Old 03-20-2018, 05:30 PM

@Inzane
Yeah, it definitely makes me very anxious to hear helicopters flying around all the time. :( I used to get scared hearing planes fly over my house, but it wasn't nearly as frequent or as loud as the helicopters. Dx
The voices keep saying that they are coming to get me and I 've been trying to ignore them but its really hard

@Poet
I don't know what kind they are, I think they are police helicopters
I don't know for sure, though, I don't know anything about helicopters

@Kirin
That's cool! I Hoep uop get to go. :)

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:16 PM

You're in a big city now, Ava? They are most likely news helicopters.

But I'm willing to bet all the money I have that they are NOT coming to get you.
You are safe, and do your best to ignore the voices. (I know that's hard.)