Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Welcome to the [M]enwshan [P]aranormal [S]ociety

Do you have a fascination with ghosts? Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Simply a fan of ghost hunting shows? Or maybe you just love a good mystery? Then this is the place for you!

Quote:
paranormal Definition

para·nor·mal (par′ə nôr′məl)

adjective

designating or of psychic or mental phenomena outside the range of the normal
impossible to explain scientifically: unable to be explained or understood in terms of scientific knowledge

[A]bout [M]e

I have always been fascinated with odd things. I particularly love cryptozoology. I have a healthy skepticism with most thing, but I don't like to completely rule anything out. I think that some phenomena is too big to be ignored, but that doesn't mean we have the right answer. So I wanted to create a hang out dedicated to the discussion and debate of the paranormal.

Last edited by Blondheart; 07-10-2008 at 09:21 AM..

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

[R]ules

.:Be respectful of everyone's beliefs, ideas, or stories:.

.:Follow TOS, no spamming, flaming, trolling or just being plain rude:.

.:Try not to veer too far off topic:.

.:You may dicuss other scientific anomalies; such as legends, myths, cryptozoology, etc:.

.:If something is disturbing, please attach a warning so that the faint of heart won't click on it:.

.:No posting anything gory or too graphic in nature:.

Last edited by Blondheart; 06-23-2008 at 12:31 AM..

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

[L]inks And [R]esoruces

Last edited by Blondheart; 06-21-2008 at 09:01 AM..

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 AM

Ok we are open!

Violet_Beauregarde91
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 PM

Yes, I've had premonitions, I still do sometimes. Sometimes I read minds, too.

Kukon
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-21-2008, 07:08 PM

I love the paranormal! <3

Thank you for making this Blond!!

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-22-2008, 12:01 AM

You're welcome Kuky! I was gone all day but I will be doin more in here soon.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Whoohoo! What shall we discuss first?

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 06-22-2008, 01:09 AM

Hey blondie. Great idea. I love paranormal stuff. x3

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2008, 12:25 AM

Why don't you guys take a look at this video just to get things started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIaox...eature=related

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 AM

Oh - that's really thought-provoking, Blondheart... I'm generally pretty skeptical about this sort of thing, but I had goosebumps so...

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 PM

Well I know...it was definitely a thought provoking video. :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 AM

I liked how subtle it was, really. I wasn't sure I was seeing anything at first. x_x; Gave me chills. X_X;

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-24-2008, 03:35 AM

I am watching Paranormal State...they are talking about that Mothman thing.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-24-2008, 04:32 AM

Mothman is super-creepy.

What do you think it is? Or do you think it's all just a combination of hoaxes, hallucinations, and mistaken sightings?

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 AM

I really genuinely can't imagine on that one. I don't really believe in mass hallucination, there isn't any supported science for it that I am aware of. I don't really think it was a moth man either...clearly these people saw something. Now whether they took the story and ran with it, and it was the power of suggestion from one to the other...I don't know. It's one of the few things I am simply stumped on.

What do you think?

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 AM

Dear god, i clicked the video link and went to a different window to post and then i hear the most random creepy sound out of my headset @_@; glad i didnt have them on and i am now glad i didnt watch XD;;

Paranormal things get the better of me D: i do believe there is something out there like that but it freaks me out to no end XD;;

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-24-2008, 12:06 PM

I swear I am not laffin! :sarcasm:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-25-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondheart View Post
I really genuinely can't imagine on that one. I don't really believe in mass hallucination, there isn't any supported science for it that I am aware of. I don't really think it was a moth man either...clearly these people saw something. Now whether they took the story and ran with it, and it was the power of suggestion from one to the other...I don't know. It's one of the few things I am simply stumped on.

What do you think?
You know, the whole way the Ghost Hunters operate? Whatever can't be discounted as being explained away by other things is 'evidence' that something's going on...

I don't believe in "mass hallucination" either. I can believe in everyone seeing something and as soon as one person arrived at some sort of description, everyone in the group's minds seized on that and altered their perception... But if you ever get a group that keeps its mouth shut around each other and starts relating the same thing separately, then that's not memory alteration or anything.

I think that something is behind the stories of Mothman. Those who aren't hoaxing or confused about something natural (ie: an owl) are seeing something.

I doubt it's a man-moth thing, but I can't really figure on what it is...

But I do think there's something to the concept of a 'tulpa'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
Dear god, i clicked the video link and went to a different window to post and then i hear the most random creepy sound out of my headset @_@; glad i didnt have them on and i am now glad i didnt watch XD;;

Paranormal things get the better of me D: i do believe there is something out there like that but it freaks me out to no end XD;;
X3 I was on the phone with Blondheart when I saw it. I didn't make a noise, but I totally jumped. XD;

There are certain paranormal things that get me. But it depends on the context of them, really... :x

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-25-2008, 03:04 AM

I have never heard of a Tulpa before. That was interesting...I do believe that the power of the mind is limitless...but I don't know that very many people have the focus and intensity to pull a thing like that off...luckily.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 PM

Hey, has anyone ever seen those shows on ghosts and stuff on...I don't remember, but it's like the Science Channel, or Discovery Channel, or History Channels, I forget. >___<; But I love watching those, and sometimes they'll even show you how to create the effects.

Like, orbs are often just dust particles, and how a floating figure seen on a poor quality camera might just be an action figure on a string being swung around.

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2008, 05:21 PM

Yeah I have seen those, I know a lot of it can be faked. I am usually pretty skeptical about stuff. I have seen a couple things however...that I don't know...seemed pretty hard to fake.

Starlightspw
Buschbabe

Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM

I LOVE the paranormal.......

Myself? I can feel things, and have heard some things and have had an experience where someone I knew (but only a little) came to me at times......he never spoke to me, but I'd see him out of the corner of my eye or little things would happen like I was getting in the shower one night and the shower came on by itself and when I turned around I thought I saw him. *freaky as that might be* I have come to "think" that he may be my spirit guide. He was 21 and was killed by a drunk driver. He had a favorite song (Hey There Delilah) and when Id see or feel him, the song was usually on or came on........things were freaky, but real.

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 PM

Wow Star, that's pretty intense. I've never had anything like that happen.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM

When I was little, I used to see ghosts. Or what I thought were ghosts. It very well could have been my mind playing tricks on me, cuz I was so little, but man.
There was this one girl that was always showing up. She looked like a porcelain doll. Though, she'd be wearing a different dress a lot of the time.

.__.; But yeah, that's why I think ghosts are real too, if not dead spirits, they're memories that have been locked into a certain place, and can't be let go.

>>; Or something?