HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 PM

ARGH A TREE!!...Ok so I'm not Yvette I can't get away with that. I have an interest in anything paranormal.

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM

They say children are able to see them more. See I don't really believe in ghosts in the traditional sense. I think they are plasma imprints left behind that we can see when the circumstances are right. That being a high electromagnetic field. What with all the computers and electronics we use now those are much more common than they used to be. All that stuff generates electromagnetic fields. Buildings built on limestone tend to have a higher number of ghost sightings as well, and when you think about that it makes sense. The main function of limestone on this planet is to trap carbon monoxide like a sponge. Carbon monoxide emissions can really play with your mind.

:lol: Him!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-27-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondheart View Post
I have never heard of a Tulpa before. That was interesting...I do believe that the power of the mind is limitless...but I don't know that very many people have the focus and intensity to pull a thing like that off...luckily.
Yeah. I do think that there has to be something behind the power of the mind and the concept of the tulpa. It would explain a lot of phenomena - if the belief in the thing were strong enough. It might even explain some ghosts. (And certainly would have support with the concept of poltergeists...)

Not saying everything unexplainable is a tulpa. But some things could be. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
Hey, has anyone ever seen those shows on ghosts and stuff on...I don't remember, but it's like the Science Channel, or Discovery Channel, or History Channels, I forget. >___<; But I love watching those, and sometimes they'll even show you how to create the effects.

Like, orbs are often just dust particles, and how a floating figure seen on a poor quality camera might just be an action figure on a string being swung around.
I know the History Channel and Discovery Channel have those shows quite frequently. :) I'm not sure about the Science Channel, but if there was ever a channel that would play shows on how to create your own ghostly effects, that would be it, wouldn't it? XD

I discount almost every account of an 'orb' because they are so easily explained away or faked. And with good cameras being more easily available, anything with suspiciously crappy quality also is less likely to be believed by me. XD;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightspw View Post
I LOVE the paranormal.......

Myself? I can feel things, and have heard some things and have had an experience where someone I knew (but only a little) came to me at times......he never spoke to me, but I'd see him out of the corner of my eye or little things would happen like I was getting in the shower one night and the shower came on by itself and when I turned around I thought I saw him. *freaky as that might be* I have come to "think" that he may be my spirit guide. He was 21 and was killed by a drunk driver. He had a favorite song (Hey There Delilah) and when Id see or feel him, the song was usually on or came on........things were freaky, but real.
Never had that happen to me before either. ^^

These events must have happened recently if the song "Hey There Delilah" was playing so frequently. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondheart View Post
They say children are able to see them more. See I don't really believe in ghosts in the traditional sense. I think they are plasma imprints left behind that we can see when the circumstances are right. That being a high electromagnetic field. What with all the computers and electronics we use now those are much more common than they used to be. All that stuff generates electromagnetic fields. Buildings built on limestone tend to have a higher number of ghost sightings as well, and when you think about that it makes sense. The main function of limestone on this planet is to trap carbon monoxide like a sponge. Carbon monoxide emissions can really play with your mind.
With your perception of ghostly phenomena, how would you explain why children see them more often? (I'm not debating your theory, as it seems like a perfectly reasonable and even scientific explanation of things - I'm just curious as to if you have a reason for children to see/report the phenomena more regularly.)

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-27-2008, 06:15 AM

Children are more open to things of that nature. Even if it's just a plasma imprint I think many adults would mentally reject what they saw. If it's a case of carbon monoxide/limestone their immune systems aren't fully developed. Last but not least, children just have more active imaginations.

I am not saying children don't see paranormal things that are real, but I am saying these other influences could play a part in some of the reports. :)

I remember seeing something as a child too, but whether it was real or not at this point I don't know.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-27-2008, 08:58 AM

I has returned ! With an urge to go and create a fake "ghost" photo in the middle of the night. And with the mystery of why am I still a male avi base.

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-27-2008, 09:23 AM

:rofl: One time I made this great fake UFO pic to show my friend. It was so funny. I should see if I still have it.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-27-2008, 09:29 AM

Hehe fake UFO. OMG a UFO....No that's a street lamp.

I had alot of UFOs for my dinner Unidentified Foiled Objects, most of them turned out to be sandwitches.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-27-2008, 01:04 PM

Those things you said make sense, Blondheart. XD

I have to say, though... though imprints are cool, I'd be a little devastated if there were no 'intelligent haunts'. XD;

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-28-2008, 02:19 AM

Oh I am not saying there isn't. I am saying that the "rerun" variety can be easily explained that way.

Edit: I have heard it all now...I am watchin UFO files and they are saying some people believe that Hitler was in collusion with the "greys" to develop all the weapons he had. That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Last edited by Blondheart; 06-28-2008 at 06:09 AM..

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-28-2008, 08:20 AM

I have a question for people! Would Month-Man be attracted to light like normal moths are ?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 AM

LOL. Hitler being in (evil) league with the greys. XD

Though considering I'm as scared of Hitler as grey aliens... *brrr* I am not an alien enthusiast. XD;

LOL, also, HIM. XD It's been awhile since I've read up on or heard something about Mothman... I have some vague memory of it having red eyes and creatures with red eyes seem to have problems processing light, if I'm not entirely mistaken (which I could be). So... maybe not? XD

King
Wearer of glow-in-the-dark snowm...
Send a message via MSN to King

Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 AM

You actually made it and didn't tell me Blond?!

Anyways, here's another hangout to add to my list of "Need-to-Visit" places on Menewsha in my free time. :sweat:

Kibz
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kibz

Old 06-29-2008, 04:15 AM

I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to ghosts...even though i believe in them xD

Seems abit silly really, i just hate tv shows like 'most haunted'
they always seem to exagerate things and it annoys me.

i guess i'm just waiting to be the one witnessing it before i truly believe.

Some things my mum's told me in the past do make me wonder though :o

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 06:52 AM

:lol: @ Him! You funny funnygirl!

You know CK, years ago I had an astronomy professor that said something very intelligent about aliens. He said that if a species was intelligent enough and made the effort to get here from such a vast distance that they wouldn't play hide and seek with us. They would either make their presence known, or we would never have a clue.

I am sorry King, I forgot to tell you :oops:

Hi Kibz, welcome! I agree with you about Most Haunted, they are so fake it makes me crazy. They just give the whole pseudo-science of ghosts a bad name.

Kukon
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 AM

I'm so off track on my paranormal, my god.

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 07:59 AM

Kuky! :hug: How are you off track?

Kukon
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-29-2008, 08:00 AM

I've not done or seen anything linking to the paranormal in months! D:

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 08:03 AM

I am watching a thing on plane vanishings and foo fighters right now!

Kukon
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-29-2008, 08:05 AM

:O

Thats cool.

Vanishings kind of bore me personally. xD

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 08:07 AM

Well all the planes that vanished in these stories were over water, so if you'll pardon the pun...the stories don't hold water! :XD

Kukon
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-29-2008, 08:10 AM

Haha, silly.

I watched that video, gah you scared me meanie. >.<

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 08:26 AM

:lol: Sorry, but it is kinda funny!

Kukon
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-29-2008, 08:29 AM

Sure it is, but it made me jump. ;_;

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-29-2008, 10:03 AM

Moth Man is ugly no wonder people wanted to get away from him going by the look of his statue.

Blondheart
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-29-2008, 11:05 AM

You have seen the statue?