0__o
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 PM

(I am still in the process of writing this ^^ Please tell me what you think.)

Fate was breathing heavily on Sophi that day. From the first moments of her groggily waking under her blanket in the windowsill of the Library's attic right up to whe she met the dark boy. It was raining heavily as thunder rolled across the darkened skies. Sophi was walking slowly through the alleyway that marked Merchant's Passing.

Normally, on a clear day, it was the passage was so crowded that you had to throw a few punches to get through. But not today it seemed. Today, the weather left it empty and unmoving.

Looking up, Sophi let the rain fall onto her pleasantly pale face. Sighing inwardly, she looked to the water that spilled out of Virgo's Jar in the center of the alley. Sophi took off her jacket and put it onto an old crate that sat under the eaves of an even older building. Then she walked over to the fountain, stepped up to the granite basin and slowly lowered herself into the frigid cold water. Shivering, she bent her head forwards into the flowing water, letting her head and shoulders become engulfed by the cold water. After a few minutes, she rocked her head back out of the water, her short ashen black hair curving itself back out of her eyes. Then Sophi shook herself lightly, spraying droplets of water everywhere. Giggling softly, she combed her fingers through her hair.

Sophi was just a day before 17, the eve of all hallow's night. Standing up straighter, she fell short of 5'10. A dark blue evening gown fell to her ankles. White stockings covered her legs from the sun, with her charred belted boots that were so loyal to her, never failing her once. Around her neck, Sophi adorned a leather collar with a black moon / cross pendant. It was her mothers before she passed away. Her deep, ocean night, blue eyes softly mixed with a cloudy greyish colour that reflected the sky. She sighed again as age old memories shined passed her minds eye.

The rain was still falling heavily, splattering and distorting her glasses. Stepping gingerly out of the fountain, Sohpi walked over to the eaves and replaced her trench coat over her shoulders. She was soaked though to the bone. Looking down, she watched her snowy pale skin turn a deep purplish blue. Sophi was able to scare a few people like that, when her lips were blue and her eyes all dark and mysteriously beautiful. Tall and kinda lanky, but she still had muscles to her as well. Enough to grab, she thought to herself, could get myself raped or something else worse than that, Sophi shivered at that thought and continued walking. She stopped momentarily, closing her eyes, she looked around for the quickest way back to the Library. As Sophi rushed forward, lightning struck the ground and flashed out across the sky. Then the world went black.

Sophi stopped in her tracks, blind to the darkness around her. Panting slightly, she slowly walked on, holding out her hands to guide her along the walkway. Since no separate lights were shimmering in the darkness, Sophi had to depend on her hearing and her sense of touch to lead herself out of the alley.
Inhaling deeply, she got a hold of her emotions and began to retrace her thoughts of how the alleyway was built. It was like a Labyrinth and if she wasn't cautious, she wouldn't find her way back to the Library before they closed and locked the doors.

The evening was falling fast around her as Sophi eased her way through th alleyway. Her feet padded along the rocky granite floor as she tried not to slip and fall, least she crack her head upon an extremely hard surface. Yet, Sophi trailed on, the rainfall covering her footsteps.

That is all I have for right now and Im still trying to think of what should come next. I would love some tips and ideas as to where this could go next :D!
Any and all help/critiques is greatly appreciated!

Thank you ♥

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 07-25-2008, 01:06 PM

Is this girl a vampire? Beucause if she isn't maybe you could have a boy that's hunting outin the dark parts of the alley following her and then she could get bitten by him and from there maybe you could do something else with the story. I LOVE the story by the way, I like how you describe everything. It makes the reade beg for more as I'm doing now. :D So I hope that you will continue writing, this could make agreat vampire book if you timed everything, and just keep doing the same old job. The way your doing i now is just fine and I hope to be able to read more. By the way Ihave also written a story but I need help. It's called The Dreamworld. Do you think you can give me some criticsm? I would sure appreciate it. Thanks!! Good luck writing the story. Hope you find some inspiration.