Aikata
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Aikata

Old 07-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Note: Mild student x student relationship. Possible blood / tons of battle scenes.

The title is about the two main characters, that's all I'll spoil. : ) Names are written last name first, first name last. : O For example: "Kasukasa Kyou" would be "Kyou Kasukasa" in English. There are a few Japanese words (including Japanese suffixes), but I'll include a section for translations later. : ) There are "author notes" from me at the end too. : ) They may help somewhat. There are currently four chapters, but right now, I'll post only the first chapter. : )

-- Chapter 1: The Slacker and the Student President --

“Hey, just because you’re a new student, doesn’t mean you can slack off, Kasukasa Kyou!” The homeroom professor shouted. “Sure, sure.. Fine.” The 15 year old high school student sighed. “Are you even listening?!” The professor angrily shouted. Is it better to run? Most likely. Kyou thought. Alright then, I should run right about…”Now!” The boy shouted, dashing out of the room. Kyou ran through the unusually empty hallway. It’s so empty after school…The teenager thought. I wonder if I’ll ever get caught- Just then, Kyou stumbled over another student, tripping them both. He quickly recovered, and glanced at the student.

This girl.. Is she from the elementary school? But either way, she is pretty cute.. Kyou thought. The girl stood up. “U-Um.. I’m sorry..!” The girl cried, obviously startled. “N-No, it was my fault.” Kyou replied, and started to help pick up the books the girl dropped. The girl quickly gathered her books, and the two of them stood up. “Are you by any chance Kasukasa Kyou-kun?” The girl asked. “Yes, I’m Kyou.” The boy replied. “Do I know you from anywhere?” “That’s-“ Suddenly, a couple of students rushed in. “Houyoku-taicho! The boys are fighting again.” One student shouted. “The boys are?” The small student asked. Another student nodded. “Ok, please take me to them.” The students nodded, and headed toward the other end of the hallway. The girl turned toward Kyou. “Kyou-kun, please come along if you have some free time. I’ll be sure to show you around later.” The girl said, following the other group. Kyou sighed. Well, I don’t have anything else to do.. The boy thought, running to catch up.

The myths are true.. The inside of the school IS larger than the outside... The teen thought. Kyou stopped in front of the garden. A huge crowd was surrounding the center of the garden, where there seemed to be a fight. Kyou walked up to the girl he had crashed into earlier. The students seemed different, stranger than regular humans. They all had features that made them abnormal, almost monster-like. What’s..going on..? This can’t be special effects... The high school student thought. “Please get back to your dorms, everyone!” A voice shouted. Kyou turned, The girl I crashed into.. It looks like she is of a higher rank than most students if she can order them like that… Kyou thought.

“What makes you think you can order us around?!” A few students shouted. Or..maybe not…The boy sighed. “Yeah, we can do whatever we want!” Another group agreed. A person stepped out of the fight. “Just go away, you don’t want to get hurt, right, Baka-taicho.” The person mocked, picking up a large pole. “Hey that’s-“ The girl stopped him. “The ones that will get hurt are the ones fighting.” She replied. “And the ones that interrupt us!” The “leader” shouted, throwing the pole. “W-Watch out!” Kyou shouted, pushing the girl out of the way. Despite the pole thrusting into his chest, blood didn’t flood the ground. “Kyou-kun!” The girl’s voice shouted. “I’m alright.” Kyou replied, rather quickly. “But-!” “The important thing is that you stop this battle, right?” Kyou smiled at the girl. “This is all I can do to help.” His voice faded off. Kyou felt his body get heavier, "Good luck.."

Author’s Note: That’s the end of the first chapter. : ) I’m really surprised the story turned out this way. It’s so different from the original rough draft. : O I guess it’s more exciting this way, and shows Kyou’s true personality, rather than his outer “slacker” personality.

Translation Notes:

-kun = a suffix usually used with boys / men at or below the user (the person using the suffix)'s age, in this case, the girl Kyou crashed into.
taicho = literally meaning captain, leader, etc. In this chapter, the students call the girl this title because she is of a higher station (-cough- Student president. -cough-).
baka = fool

--

Comments, tips, and suggestions are welcome. : ) Thanks for reading.

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 PM

Are you planning to finish or continue? You oughta continue the ending was FABULOUS!!!! I wouldn't change a thing!! This story is the best I've ever read of so far!!!! OMW!!! That was total awesomeness!!!!! Keep going and don't dissapoint me. THis story is wonderful!!!!

Aikata
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 PM

Thanks. : ) I'm glad you like it. I'm planning to stop at chapter 5 or so, for now, but I might continue if I get more encouragement to keep going. If I do keep going, I'll be sure to post it here, for sure, but it might take me a while to think of more interesting tings to add.

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Cool!! That's awesome!! So your only going up to chater five? So why did you name your book "Legend? Myth? The Battle of the Birds!"? Just out of curiosity I can't seem to figure it out yet. Maybe in the rest of the story I'll kmow why. Don't worry, I also wrote a story but I'm hardly getting any responses so we're in the same boat.

Aikata
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 AM

Oh, the title is sort of a super spoiler. : ) Highlight the text below if you want to know anyways. (Sorry for the somewhat late reply. : O )

Kyou transforms into a griffin, which is considered a mythical animal. The girl, whose name is Kohone by the way, transforms into a white phoenix, with is considered a legend in the story. The two are the main characters, and according to another legend in the story, which is "if the two legendary and mythical birds appear, the "war will end", the two are destined to go into a big battle, which, if successfully won by the two, will end the war between transformed "beasts" and humans. Yes, it's really confusing. :l

That reminds me, I was planning to show the story to a publisher, do you think I should?

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 07:38 PM

I think you absolutely should! Sorry about this late reply I was gone for a whole week. I don't know which publisher to recommend, because I don't think I''m old enough to publish anything and besides I haven't even finished any of my stories, but I absolutely think you should.