Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 PM

Storm stared at the rapier then glanced down as though expecting some sort of weapon to appear, but none did.
"Um...I'm kinda unarmed here..." she commented, unsure whether Chlarysa cared. "Besides, you sort of have the advantage, what with not being the one who just learned that she's a freaking fairy and all."

Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and st...
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 02-22-2008, 11:30 PM

She sighed and placed the rapier in Storm's hand. "I was meaning for YOU to use this one!" She then pulled a short-ish cutlass from her other side and guarded the blade.
"And don't worry," she said.. "I'll only block. I just want to see what you can do as a swordswoman. Strengthwise, at least."

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-24-2008, 08:13 PM

Storm blushed. Of course, you had to speak first didn't you?she asked herself, holding up the rapier and swishing it back and forth expiramentally. Her brother had tried teaching her a bit of fencing once, but she had just laughed and said he was crazy. Now she began to wish she had accepted his offer instead of just laughing at him.
Just the thought of her family brought tears to her eyes. She really did miss them, but with a shake of her head, she reminded herself that now was not the time to tear-up over a stupid memory. Concentrate! She commanded herself, lifting the rapier again.

Clorissa

Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Chlarysa poised to block as Storm's blows as she re-raised the rapier. "Cmon! Bring on all you have!" She said enthusiastically, beckoning with one finger.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-24-2008, 11:46 PM

"I've never done this before." Storm commented, swinging at Chlarysa. She tried to use the rapier like she had seen done on TV and in movies, but it felt strangely akward to her.

Clorissa

Old 02-24-2008, 11:52 PM

Chlarysa parried the blow. 'This girl is pretty fast,' she thought to herself. "good,good."

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-25-2008, 12:16 AM

Storm nodded, and swun ther rapier the other way, still trying to get a feel for the weapon. After a few more blows it began to sem as though she had always had a weapon and she tried to fake Chlarysa out by swinging toward her left then quickly changing direction to the right.

Clorissa

Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 AM

Chlarysa moved swiftly to parry, but was struck on the hip. She stepped back and looked astounded. "Dear Goddess.. You do catch on fast! You're quite the natural. " She smiled and reached over to pat Storm on the shoulder.
"Now, we'll test your defensive tactics." She went lightly at first, but slowly got faster with her swings and jabs.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 03-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Smiling at the compliment, Storm nearly didn't block the first swing. She recovered quickly though and was doing fine until Chlarysa started going faster. She missed blicking a few times and though she was hit, it didn't seem to affect her. Even though she was doing worse, she never stopped or gave up.

Clorissa

Old 03-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Chlarysa slowed down to a pace that kept Storm on edge, but wasn't too hard for her. "Once you can block significantly well, we can mix it up and just spar, okay?" she said, very confident in Storm's abilities.

Not far away, Katra stalked a chipmunk as it skittered through the field's tallish grass. She had the thought of, 'Iiiiim gonna getchaaa..' running through her head. She was absolutely determined to make this little critter her midday snack.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 03-15-2008, 06:54 PM

((Oh snap! I forgot to post before when I had remembered...this one's gonna suck because I'm only on lunch break for another 7 min.))

Storm nodded. "Okay." she replied calmly, her blocking improving now that the pace was set to one she could follow easily. Gradually she got better and was almost impaient to just try sparring.

((See, ick!))