ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM

• All the hangouts here have Christmasy and wintery names and I for one am a bit of a Grinch - I usually won't get into any sort of Christmas spirit until it's the 24th already. And I really hope there are more than just me who feel that way.
    So, if you want to talk about Christmasy stuff, you can go elsewhere, here you can talk about anything else. Like moose.
    Ja?

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 PM

I don't think that I'm 'grinch like' but I have to admit that when people start putting out christmas decorations the day after Halloween, it gets a little bit annoying.

I can only imagine what my friend things of christmas, she works at a craft store and they have had christmas things out since August. o.0

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 08:26 PM

• ...seriously?
    I would've quit the job right away, gosh. I am of the opinion that Christmas lights can be up erst around the beginning of December, and Christmas songs should be banned from radio stations until mid-December. :x

Hi, by the way, I don't think I've talked to you before? How are you?

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Hello. <3

And I'm good....I don't think I've talked to you either. ^^

Christmas songs on the radio...*dies* although I do enjoy Christmas and eventually getting into the spirit of things I just don't like the songs that they play on the radio...especially that one, that's like 'last christmas I gave you my heart...'

I went and saw a movie last night and on the way home I saw this house...it was a joint effort between two houses actually and it was crazy, you couldn't even see the house there were so many lights, and flashes, and spinners....and plastic choir dolls and did weird things...lol

Sir D . L O Van Lobsters
The First.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:30 PM

OMFG!!! o_______o;;

YOU WERE MY FIRST FRIEND ON MENE!!

OMG HII. ^_____^<33333

Smellerbee
\ (◡) /

Old 12-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Hey, I'm up for talking about moose! Or anything, really.

Christmas songs on the radio.. It wouldn't be so bad except they play the same songs every year! Over and over... old people singing slow songs and chipmunks just being chipmunks.

XD

Butterfly-Trance
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Butterfly-Trance Send a message via Yahoo to Butterfly-Trance

Old 12-22-2007, 08:44 PM

I swear the radio needs to get better songs for christmas

Sir D . L O Van Lobsters
The First.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 PM

*Pitchfork to ijos's butt*

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi?
:>;;

Aaack, I hate now near Christmastime, ALL you see on TV are Christmas specials.
@w@

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 08:54 PM

• The worst part about Christmas songs on the radio is that they never play all the good ones - they exist, yes, a whole lot of them. You just never get to hear them played in public. >.o

And now we're all talking about Christmas! Let's talk... moose! A moose once bit my sister... or about how dizzy I am.. hmm.

D . L O!! Hi!! It's been a while, how are you, where are you, what are you doing? Don't pitchfork me pleeease, my butt does not like it very much. D:

c0th, moose.. ever met one personally?

Hey tentenpuff and Butterfly-Trance, how are you? (Did I forget anyone?)

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-22-2007, 08:56 PM

Blah. This thread seems right for me. D:

I hate the local radio and their ability to play Christmas songs before Thanksgiving. D<

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-22-2007, 08:57 PM

@ ljosberinn:
I have a stuffed moose called Moosie. :D

I got him when I was...seven, I think?
-dunno-
>>;

I think he was from my mom's friend...

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 09:00 PM

• Survive: I never listen to the radio, but my parents do. My mum started playing Christmas CDs way too long ago. She plays loud music while she's cooking. .__.
    Hi anyway!

Tenten, aww, that's adorable! Heh, I have a big pyjama t-shirt with a picture of an adorable moose holding his front feet out to the sides and underneath it says 'hug me'. xD

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM

@ ljosberinn:
AWWWW!!!
X3
-wants to hug your shirt-
xD;;;

Yeah
\ (◡) /

Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM

I am trying to be in the Christmas spirit but, my husband makes it very hard. He can't stop whining because I am having the family over for Christmas and he doesn't like it. He keeps saying that he is going to be in the garage, I hope he does. He told me today that I ruined Christmas for him just because I started having everyone at our house. He is ruining it for me by being such a Grinch.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-22-2007, 09:02 PM

@ ljos: Ohmygosh. I know how you feel about the whole "loud radio" thing. I mean, it's enough to block out the ventilation machine right? Don't make it even louder so I can hear you through my headphones. xD

We need a distracting topic that's not related to Christmas, yo.

@ Yeah: Aw. Those people are such party poopers. :C

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 09:03 PM

• I'm not obnoxious about it, I try my best not to ruin it for anyone else because I know that a lot of other people love Christmas and all. I just keep silent and turn away. :Ð

Edit: Survive, hah, we don't have a ventilation machine. I could use one though, the air in my room is always so stufy in the mornings, I always have to keep the window open and then it'll be freeezing. Better than stuffy air though, ugh.

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-22-2007, 09:06 PM

@ ljosberinn:
My mom used to watch TV really really loud when she wanted my brother and I to wake up. xD;;
Then I'd steal the remote, and hide in the bathroom as I discreetly turned down the volume...
Then I would go back to sleep...
>>;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-22-2007, 09:09 PM

My former favorite radio station has played nothing but Christmas music (and even most of the commercials are church commercials) since Thanksgiving. Not one single song that wasn't Christmas-music. Not even some wonderful DJ-chatter (which is one of my favorite parts about the station - the hosts are awesome). I had to switch radio stations because I couldn't take it. But I can't get away from it because that's the station we have at work. :c (Thankfully, I can stay in the back most of the shift and turn off the music in the back. XD )

My parents heard Christmas music being played in stores since September. I was horrified.

WHEN I AM QUEEN OF THE WORLD.... Christmas products may be kept only in the seedy side of stores like Wal*Mart and Sears until (American) Thanksgiving. Then they may put their Christmas stuff on more prominent display. Christmas music may be pumped into *that* section of the store only after Thanksgiving.

It is a hefty fine to play Christmas music on the radio (unless it's a specialty station) before December 1st. You have to have a special permit. :x

Stores may also purchase a special permit if they are specialty themed stores. Like those stores that sell Christmas items all year round. Because these people are crazy and I have no problem making money off the crazy. XD

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 09:10 PM

• Tenten, haha, what the heck? That's mad. xP I think my dad doesn't know how to turn the TV off, he always leaves it on. It's right outside my bedroom so I find it really annoying. I've told him a thousand times, but he still does it. >.o

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-22-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljosberinn

• Edit: Survive, hah, we don't have a ventilation machine. I could use one though, the air in my room is always so stufy in the mornings, I always have to keep the window open and then it'll be freeezing. Better than stuffy air though, ugh.
Aw, something as simple as a small vent could be enough though. >_<

GO CK!!!

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 09:14 PM

• CK, I would give you my vote if two or three of my friends weren't already planning world domination. And they are my friends, so, you understand.. hopefully..

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 PM

@ ljos: ( can I call you that? )
xD;
You should steal the remote so he can't turn it on or something.
>>;

@ CK:
xDDD
If you become queen of the world, can you spare us?
:D

ljosberinn

Old 12-22-2007, 09:18 PM

• Tenten, my signature never lies. (I can call you tenten?)
    Nah, the turnon/turnoff button is on the set itself and not the remote. So that wouldn't work. Also, he'd be furious. :Ð

Sir D . L O Van Lobsters
The First.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:18 PM

*Runs into a wall*