xXStarshipCandyLoveXx
Life's a lot like a box of choco...

Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 AM

Name: Syrena Callinger

Traits: Athletic and music skill, her wealth, her pedigree, and her blue eyes that change their shade to match her mood.
History: Syrena used to have a lot of friends. In fact, she used to be poor. But ever since her father got three major promotions within the time span of two years, she's been different. Her father's ever home, so she tries her best to avoid being left home alone. That's why she's in so many after-school activities and tries to maintain the balance of having as much friends as possible. But her grades are the only problem she had ever came face-to-face with when it came to school.
Additional: Not many people like Syrena, but because of her wealth, beauty, and popular parties she throws almost every weekend, people pretend they like her.

Last edited by xXStarshipCandyLoveXx; 07-31-2012 at 01:36 AM..

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM

Name: Sigmund Valentin

Traits: Genius, stubborn, serious, unmaterialistic, constantly changing the colour of his hair, but is originally a snow blonde
History: Because he's awfully smart, he had troubles fitting in at school. To combat against bulling and teasing, he has taken it upon himself to give the appearance that he is just another student. He lies about his grades and the difficulty of his classes to fit in with his fellow classmates. Unfortunately, his bad student look has inspired a new round of fighting extending beyond the school. His teachers and parents know better. He doesn't have any friends, but it doesn't bother him. He makes up a social life for others to believe that he isn't so lonely. He is the third of four children, the rest of his siblings being sisters, from a dominantly Swedish family. He tries to fit in without compromising his morals or interests. Tutoring is a time he views where he can be himself.

Last edited by Tobi; 07-31-2012 at 04:44 PM..

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 07-31-2012, 09:03 PM

Syrena sat down at the left chair that faced the desk of the Dean of the private school. She gave a quick and warm smile at the Dean as she crossed her legs and kept her back straight. "Miss Hunter, I don't understand. Am I in trouble?" Syrena questioned.

Miss Hunter was an older woman who looked more young than what Syrena knew she was. she had bright copper hair, aged but fierce green eyes, and was always dressed in her best. She had a slim figure, but was rather short for her age, setting her apart from every other staff member at the Academy.

"No, you are not. But I have asked you hear to talk about a few matters that had now just caught my attention."

Syrena immediately knew what it was about.

"Your grades, Miss Callinger, are a disaster. Here at Abrams Academy, we make it a goal to have a zero tolerance policy for anything below a B. And yet, as I look down at your grades," she started as she motioned to the opened file before her on her desk, "I see nothing but C minuses and Ds. Ds, Miss Callinger!"

Syrena looked away. "I...I know that they're a mess. But I'm trying!"

Miss Callinger's lips formed a thin line. "I have faith in you, Miss Callinger. Unlike all of the other students here. So I'm giving you a chance."

Syrena straightened up more, listening closely.

"I'm assigning an after school tutor for you. I will be having a meeting with your father after school tomorrow and we will talk about it further then."

A tutor? Are you serious? Syrena sighed and hesitated before she nodded her head.

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-31-2012, 11:04 PM

He got a call earlier that morning from Abrams Academy. When his mom informed him that the call was for him, his initial reaction was that it was nothing more then a mistake. Academies are either for the rich or delinquents, and not a kid in the middle of it all like him. Appearances were only that, right? He didn't think any of his teachers would call for him to change schools just because he's dressed differently. His grades haven't dropped at all, and sure as hell weren't low enough to have him transferred to a military school, and his behavior hadn't changed much from how he'd always been but he still felt the jitters in his knees over the possibility. He spun his finger around the cord phone as he placed the banana shaped object to his ear, "Hello?"

To his surprise it was a softer female voice that replied instead of the harsh commanding tone he imagined upon picking up the phone, and to his joy, it was a job offer. It all seemed too good to be true as Ms. Hunter went over payments, flexible after school hours, the address he would be visiting and the name of the family. The last bit left him a little lost as to what his duties would be until she mention that he would be tutoring some girl in a plethora of subjects until her grades are brought up. Of course, the school funded the children's education in their entirety, even if it meant taking up a private tutor for any specific student. It was a rich school, and rich people don't pay for their children to fail in any of their classes. He agreed to the offer none the less. If it was as a tutor in his own school, he'd rather die then take the job, but he didn't recognize the girl's name in the slightest, and he could use the job to help his family out. It was a job he had to take.

Leaving him to where he is now, with a crinkled sheet of notebook paper with an address scribbled hastily across it. He stood before a tall gate, a little stunned to believe that only a small family lived in such a large building. He rang the bell by the gate to be greeted over the intercom, "State your name and nature of your visit."

A lump formed in Sig's throat and he had troubles speaking to the God-like voice. The teen tripped over his wording as if he were confessing a murder, "S-Sigmund Valentin. H-here to tutor a Miss..."

He looked down at his sheet of paper only to find it didn't have any answers on it, just an address. He spoke with even less confidence, "Here as a tutor..."

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 AM

The family room was the largest room aside from the kitchen on the first floor of the Callinger's house. That's where Syrena sat at, working on her daily stretches for tomorrow's cheer practice. You'd think it odd for a lacrosse team to have cheerleaders, but at Abrams, it was possible. Her father had walked in moments before, typing something in to his phone as he told Syrena about her tutor and how he'd be here some time today. He seemed upset. And even though he looked sidetracked by his phone, Syrena could still tell he was upset with her. She tried to speak but was cut off when her father's phone went off and he put his hand up for her to shut up, walking out into the main hall. Syrena had stood there for a long moment, disappointed in bother herself and her father.

"Syrena? There's a boy here who says he's to tutor you?" said the housemaid.

Syrena relaxed from her stretch, putting her foot that had been in the air behind her down on the carpet and then putting a hand on her hip. "Yeah. The Dean assigned him to me. Bring him in," Syrena said with a sigh as she waved at the maid impatiently.

In the few moments she had left to herself, she thought of her father. She hated to disappoint him. But it was hard not to. He always expected perfection. And living up to his expectations were hard for Syrena being that she wasn't really the smartest in school. And private school was just so much harder than what she remembered public school to be. It was exhausting.

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-01-2012, 04:22 AM

Apparantly his request to enter was accepted since the gates began to open electronically. He couldn't help but chuckle to think that if there was a blackout in this part of town, they'd be stuck within their walls with an electric gate. But at the same time they would be better protected in the slim possibility of an exposed zombie virus. In that case, this trap would be the safest place in town.

The walk to the front of the home was grueling. He wasn't extraordinarily physically unfit, but the walk was longer then he would have liked. Next time Sig'll take his bike over just to make the distance between the gate and main entrance. He placed the crumpled sheet deep into his pocket once more. He brushed his hair back when he reached the door in an attempt to keep it out of his eyes, but the strands just fell back into his eyesight. He didn't have the best presentation, but he didn't expect the home he'd visit to be so prestigious. When the housekeeper greeted him, he left even more under dressed. His 'study' attire of sweat pants and a cozy sweater didn't mesh with anything else in the elaborate house. He wasn't even sure if he should take off his shoes upon entering until he was asked by the butler.

He was promptly lead to the room where Syrena and himself would be working. Since it was the first day, he didn't bring much in terms of study material, and thought it best to first figure out where she is with her classes and whatnot. Introductions wouldn't be bad either. Getting on the right foot with this girl is necessary if she is going to make any progress with her grades. He'd never tutored before, but he was sure it wouldn't be too difficult. He has helped his younger sister with her homework, and isn't it pretty much the same thing but with someone older?

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Syrena turned around at the sound of on-coming and unfamiliar footsteps. She froze at the sight of him. Yeah, he didn't look her type and yeah, he looked like one of those kids who changed their appearance for attention, but somehow he was pulling off the look he was sporting perfectly. Right up to the point that he actually caused her to get a little nervous. "Um. Hi. I'm...um...Syrena," she said as she looked at the carpet, crossing her arms over her chest.

Soon enough, she found back her cool and straightened up, sticking her nose up in the air proudly."Let's just get this done and over with. I see you haven't brought much," she said in a rather air-headed tone. "We'll be going over our schedule today, I'm guessing. Right so, make yourself comfortable," she said with a tinge of sarcasm.

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 PM

The room was spacious and decorated, in the teen's point of veiw, and easy place to be distracted in. Or maybe it's just because it is his first time in this home, and finds all the elegant features to hinder his focus. He didn't even notice when the girl across from him ( a fair distance too) spoke. She probably mention something important, like her name, but he would just have to catch it again. Or ask before it becomes embarrassing to do so. Even considering their elaborate environment, Sig didn't think it would take that long to get comfortable with her once they got studying. That is assuming that their studying would be done alone with no interruptions.

He pushed the glasses up the bridge of his nose as he made the distance between them. He took an arm out of his pant pocket and held in out in front of him as a form of greeting, "The name's Sig." His mouth twitched at his form of speech. He'd yet had the time to adjust between school and home and this new environment, and still spoke like he does when other kids are around. His speech would change as they go on.

As he got closer, he got a better look at her. She was pretty and warm in her physical demeanor, but her tone and radiance didn't match. At the same time, she looked a lot like one of his older sisters which made him even more comfortable with her even though he didn't know her yet.

The girl was demanding. It was obvious that she wanted to get him out as quick as possible, but he wasn't about to give her that joy. He didn't need to bring over materials to help her study. Her homework for the night would be the start after he gets a briefing about her classes. He sat down on one of the overly comfortable couches. If the teen wasn't careful, he'd fall asleep here. "Sit down yourself." His mouth twitched again as he hadn't adjusted his speech yet. By the next few phrases he should be able to.

He folded his arms over his chest as he sunk into the chair, "So what are you having troubles with?" He felt like a psychiatrist as he asked. Probably because of the comfy seat and situation.

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 AM

Syrena sighed, sitting down as she crossed her legs and arms, keeping her back straight as proper. She turned her head. "Sig," she echoed, testing it out. "Interesting name -- I'll give you that." She then cleared her throat as she quickly got back to her feet. "I'll be back," she said as she disappeared to hurry into her father's office where she found what she was looking for right smack in the middle of his desk. Regretting her own actions of why Sig was here, she grabbed the item and soon came back with an envelope in hand, a hint of rush in her step.

"My father got this. This is the report on the things I'm having difficulty with," she said as she extended the white, rectangle letter out to him. It had been open, but only by her father. Syrena didn't want anything to do with it -- she didn't even want to read it.

She sat back down when she handed it to him and went back to crossing her legs and arms, sighing once more. "I just want to get this done and over with. What I need right now is to get my father of my back about all of this B.S."

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Sig watched as she walked out of the room, turning his head around the couch to keep an eye on the blonde bobbing hair. He hoped that he wouldn't need to chase her down from the tennis room and tie her down to get her to study. Needless to say, the teen was surprised to see that she chose to return and take up the task of being tutored.

He caught the white letter in between his index and middle finger, pulling the piece closer to his chest before opening it. His nose cringed as he looked over the plethora of subjects that needed tending to. What was worse was that Syrena seemed to be unknowing of which subjects she had troubles with. At least he knew her name now, seeing as she was mentioned in the note. He tossed the note aside on the couch, scrunching up his face as he thought over the best course of action for the moment. To get a better idea of what she will need, he suggested, "How about we just do your homework for the day? I'll give me a better heads up on your needs then a piece of paper will."

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Syrena half-smirked-half-sneered, walking over to the back of the couch where her backpack was. "Good. Because I have no idea what I'm doing with the assigned homework," she said as she unzipped the backpack and dumping its contents on the table before the couch. A thick Trigonometry book with a notebook stuffed into a certain point on it, a thin Biology book with a worksheet packet sticking out near the back of it, and a small novel with pages marked with post-it notes. Followed with the pile of homework was a small, bright pink snake skin planner with a clip near the front, marking the page of today.

"The stuff I have to do is on the marked page of the planner. "But all I remember is that I need to read a few chapters of a book I don't even understand, attempt to make it look like I tried on my Trig homework, and do impossible equations for Biology," she said with a sigh. Just talking about it made her exhausted. She put a hand on her hip. "This is going to take us a while, so how about we order some pizza," she said as she took out her iPhone. "What do you want on your half?" she asked conversationally.

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2012, 03:55 PM

He took the pink planner, and grasped it like it was his saving cup. He lifted his glasses over his head, the rims pushing his bangs back along with it. It only worsened his vision temporarily to the point he had to squint to see the page properly, but he felt that without his eyewear he could better concentrate on the page before him. At least she was organized enough to keep with assignments; so the slip in grades wasn't a fault of laziness, but rather she honestly just wasn't that smart. Of course, if it were just a matter of being lazy, tutoring would be more centered around better study habits and this whole adventure would be over just as quick as he entered. He'd have more of a challenge, but in the end it would feel more rewarding when he finished.

Then she mentioned about ordering pizza, and Sig well knew the process of ordering pizza would result in a distraction from studying. His eyes widened in horror, as his mouth hanged from his jaw. First, there would be the wait for pizza, which would take more then half an hour, and then the process of picking up the pizza from the door, which would be considered to be a break from studying, and then enjoying the cheesy bread to the point that all you can think about is having another slice and how many slices you can have without looking like a pig. In the name of studying, ordering pizza was a bad idea, but Sig had troubles thinking of alternatives. He shouted out as he thought pausing between every word, "How. About. We. Make. Something."

The idea finally approached the teen in full clarity, "You know, make a quick snack?" It would take them less time then the pizza process, and keep their focus on schoolwork still. He decided to go on with the idea whether she was on board with it or not. He stood from the couch and peered around at the multitude of doors, "Where is your kitchen?"

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-08-2012, 04:06 AM

Syrena's face turned crossed at his idea. She wanted pizza. And she wanted it now. And besides, she had been craving pizza all day. But she never made herself anything before unless it was opening a package and eating its contents right then and there. She always had others make it for her. And her father's cook wouldn't be back for another three hours for their official dinner. But she was hungry and the idea of waiting for her pizza made her dread being any more hungry. So she slightly slouched and sighed, putting a hand to her forehead as she closed her eyes. "Fine," she murmured. "We'll do it your way."

She got to her feet, beginning to walk towards the archway that led out to the hall of the kitchen, dining room, and first floor's bathroom. She stopped and turned around, looking at Sig and motioned her head to follow her. But she had to catch her bottom lip between her teeth when she gazed at the fact he had pushed his classes up and the sight was rather charming.

"I'll show you what I have and then you can decide from there," she then told him as she turned back around and continued walking.

Last edited by xXStarshipCandyLoveXx; 08-08-2012 at 06:10 PM..

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM

He spun around to face her and catch her little head motion. His first few steps were a little staggered from his spinning, but he began to follow her guide around the house. Her tone was full of complaint at doing something that she didn't suggest. It might have been his guestly status and superior as a tutor that made her bend to his decision. He never factored in the time it would take to get to the kitchen from their current location, but it couldn't have been longer then what they would have to wait for the pizza alone.
One thing that he always enjoyed, but never had the chance to express was cooking. His family never had the ingredients that he needed to try and make something neat, and he did feel a certain amount of excitement in seeing what might be in this kitchen. Surely more then he had at home; if this family even bothered cooking. He smiled a bit and placed the glasses back down on his face, not bothering to fix his hair, "Sure thing. I could whip up something nice enough."

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-08-2012, 06:16 PM

Syrena finally brought Sig into the kitchen, which was big and empty. Walked over to the large fridge and motioned to it that it was for his use now. She then walked over to specific cupboards, which were the three above the counter and two below, telling him what kind of boxed food was there. She then pointed to a pantry door to tell him tat there was where anything else would be. The food was always kept in stock here in the Callinger household, which always seemed to satisfy Syrena surely enough. She then showed him where the plates and bowls as well as the silverware were.

"Surprise me," she said after a while and plopped down in one of the bar stools at the kitchen island, watching Sig closely with a blank expression. Syrena wasn't a picky eater. The only thing that mattered from time to time was quality. But she would give Sig a chance for sure being that she had a feeling he would in fact surprise her. Maybe she would like him after a while. After all, they were going to be spending a lot of time together. She might as well get used to him. But she doesn't get used to people often. That requires time and trust. She can't just open herself up to him right away like some pathetic girl begging for a better friend than any friends she has at the moment.

Tobi
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM

The kitchen was better then he could have hoped for. Anything that he could think of making, he very well could in this cooking facility. His eyes followed her hand as she motioned to every available item to him. Somehow, he managed to memorize the location of everything that he wanted to work with before she had finished the walk around. His excitement felt misplaced with Syrena's bored expression towards the whole thing. Well, she did want to get pizza, and Sig flat out denied her. Cooking a whole pizza would take far too long, and it probably would just end up being worth the wait for delivery. He would cook something semi-Italian to fulfill her craving, hopefully.

He took up a plethora of ingredients from their original locations to the island table, including strawberries, balsamic vinegar, a strong cheese and Italian herbed bread. Since the bread was already flavorful, he didn't need to season the strawberries. He placed the vinegar in a pan, and began to cook it over the stove. As he left the vinegar be, he sliced the bread and strawberries. The kitchen was too modern to have an indoor charcoal oven, so he'd have to settle for an electric one to toast the bread. Which was not as much as a settlement that he needs to make at home. He'd have to settle for any bread he could find, and occasionally other types of vinegar, and never did they have a cheese at home other then mozzarella. His sisters refused to eat any cheese with stronger flavours then the solely bland cheese. And every time he would have to ditch out on the strawberries because the flavours were entirely different. Only after he had done what was needed, and just needed to wait for things to cook did he think that he should have narrated his cooking to better entertain Syrena. If she could be entertained at all. He gave her a weary smile, "It's going to be strawberry bruschette. It's kinda a sweet n' bitter thing."

He then realized what would be more exciting then listening to a cooking commentary, would be participating in the cooking process. His little sister always enjoys helping with cooking because then the food tastes better because it's her own. It was something he should have offered her from the beginning, but never thought of it, "Once the bread is ready, do you want to spread cheese on it?" He held out a dull knife to the blonde.

xXStarshipCandyLoveXx

Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Syrena had managed to get back to her feet to slowly hover around Sig, watching closely with what he was doing. She had to admit, he was very skilled, but she made a note to make sure that she had hid her impressed side of her at the moment. The smell that mads its way through the kitchen had caused Syrena's stomach ache more for food and her mouth begin to water. Yes. He was definitely a good cook. She had no doubts that what he was making was going to be good. She had never tried what Sig had said he was making, this 'strawberry buschette'. But she had to admit, she was highly interested. She never minded trying new things. It was only the consequences that she thought about. And what consequence was there from trying new food?

Syrena stared at the knife that Sig had held out to her. He was offering her to help. It's the least I can do from everything he's doing for me, thought Syrena as she took the knife carefully, staring down at it, hoping she wouldn't fail as such a small, simple task as the one that Sig was giving her. "Um...sure," she mumbled as she looked at Sig with a small, forced smile. She felt uncomfortable around him, like she was in a mix of nervous and wariness. She had no reason to be though.

I guess it's probably the fact that I'm not used to being alone with one person in my house, she then thought as she looked anywhere but at Sig, her eyes roaming all around the kitchen. She suddenly had a strong urge to bake something of her own. She pushed that feeling aside at the fact that she had no privilege of doing something she truly wanted at the moment. She needed to focus on her grades, for at least today.