Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-06-2014, 01:17 AM

A fantasy/romance/sci-fi rp; scientist's son x experiment.
On the brink of WWIII, a scientist creates "Z", a flawed experiment that was supposed to be his countries last resort.

Little I3ird:
We'll need to discuss what country they're from.

Last edited by Phaena; 04-07-2014 at 02:24 AM..

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2014, 02:17 AM

Well, I've personally never been outside of the United States. My knowledge of other countries is limited to things I've gathered in class and through the internet. xD

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 AM

Same here haha. We can say it's the US then? Sometime in the near future?

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2014, 02:24 AM

Sounds good to me! Maybe we're also facing another economic depression? Crime rates have sky rocketed -- like petty theft, robberies, etc. because of the economy? A lot of violence and civil movements... people for the war and others against it?

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-06-2014, 02:30 AM

Sounds good to me! Should we do basic character profiles to get a feel for our characters?

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2014, 04:36 AM

Certainly. Do we post our character profiles here?

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 AM

We can. I'm so excited!

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 AM

Me too! I'll go ahead and get my character profile started here and post it!

Last edited by Little I3ird; 04-06-2014 at 05:51 AM..

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-06-2014, 05:49 AM

↳ - - - - → Try not to stare too MUCH,

you❜ll look like a damn fool ← - - - - ↲

DOWN
♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕
TO MY GLORY

Name: Benjamin Alexander King

Height: 5'11

Weight: 135lbs

Physical Description:
Benjamin is of a lean build. He's neither short nor tall, but at a happy medium. Equipped with dirty blonde hair and stormy hued eyes, his distant German ties are clear. Not only do his hair and eye color give him away, but his pale skin tone as well. Through out his life he was teased for looking a bit "feminine" in appearance. His eye sight is less than optimal, so often times he sports a pair of glasses.

Personality:
As a child, he was a warm and loving boy. Attached to his mother, the lack of a father figure in his life taught him to be overly protective of her. Once entered into the public school system, his peers and mild bullying molded him to become more secluded. Although quiet, he isn't shy. What he lacks in brawn is made up for in brains. His high IQ supplies his boisterous ego, and he doesn't hesitate to flaunt his intellectual superiority when it is tested. Benjamin is extremely aloof. He prefers to listen rather than talk and analyzes situations before allowing himself to become involved. His emotions are reserved for those closest to him, although there are times he's more expressive. His temper is unpredictable. Others have described him as an ego maniac, broody, stormy, or hard to understand. Still, beneath his frigid defenses lies a troubled, emotional young man guarded by his mental defenses.

Biography:
Born to a middle class family, Benjamin began with a simple life. His father, often consumed by his profession, was unable to be involved in much of his life. It wasn't until Benjamin was eight years old that his father was ripped from the household for reasons he didn't understand. Only able to visit on certain holidays, the older he became the less he saw of his father. Benjamin only remembers flashes of being able to visit his father at the laboratory. His visitations were followed by strict supervision, and communication or any sort of contact with his father was brief. It was then when his father began working for the government that he and his mother were moved and placed under government protection.

The perks of it all were a much more lavish lifestyle. His father sent mysteriously large amounts of money to supply their needs as though to make up for his lack of presence. After the move, Benjamin was moved from public school systems to private education. Enrolled into an elite private academy for the sciences, his academics (although well versed) focused primarily on math and science. From an early age he was molded to follow in his father's foot steps. Breezing through school while holding his throne as the top student in his class, Benjamin quickly graduated and moved on to University. Under his mother's request, he majored in Genetics and Biomedical Sciences. Now in his late twenties, he's become far more aware of the government's ever looming presence and although he and his mother have remained safe above the growing political disturbances and real life issues, Benjamin is no fool to the impending war. He now owns a small collection of letters from his father, tucked safely away and full of cryptic sayings.

They have been his key to understanding his family's predicament, although Benjamin still doesn't have a full understanding yet. Not long after Benjamin's graduation from University, his father fell fatally ill. With his passing, the government quickly swept Benjamin into their hold before binding him permanently to his father's career. At what cost? Benjamin has yet to fully figure out.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-06-2014, 07:09 AM

-----
I wish I knew then what I know now,

I'm just another p a w n in your g a m e

♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟

Name: Experiment Z (Zeke)

Height: 6'2

Weight: 144lbs

Physical Description:
Zeke is tall and somewhat muscular. He was told once by his Creator that his unnaturally blue eyes and blond hair reminded him of his biological son, making him wonder if his physical appearance was created to look that way on purpose. Though his hair was originally rather short, it has grown long in Creator's absence.

Personality:
At the start of his Creation, he was told he was created for the sole purpose of defense, making him protective and helpful. He was smart but like anyone, he became smarter after reading and having his own experiences. After a while, Zeke began developing a personality outside of what he was created for. Creator found that he was patient with others but not with himself and that when excited, he became talkative and rambled.

Biography:
At the start of his Creation, he knew already that he looked and felt human but wasn't. He was smart from the beginning but didn't grasp emotions as well as he should have. Feelings weren't a new thing. He was created with them but they seemed to rush forward all at once then vanish before he could figure out what they were. On top of that, he would have blackouts, waking up on the floor and realizing that he had destroyed one of the rooms in Creator's lab.

Though Creator had never said it to him, he later found confidential files saying that he was a failed experiment. He disagreed. Other than the blackouts, he felt perfectly human or as human as he could get. Wanting to prove that he wasn't a failed experiment, Zeke started studying all he could about human life; their customs, their wars. When Creator disappeared, he knew something had gone wrong but decided to continue his studies until the day his Creator would return for him again.

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2014, 12:23 AM

Alright! The IC topic is up, along with my introduction. Let me know if I need to tweak anything in my intro. :"3

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 AM

It's wonderful. Working on the reply now ~

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 01:56 AM ----------

Little I3ird:
Zeke is much more posh than I thought he would be.

Last edited by Phaena; 04-07-2014 at 05:56 AM..

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM

Phaena: He's adorable, if you ask me. I adore Zeke already! Benjamin is just sort of like: -eyes narrow while staring at- 'He acts so... human. Wtf? No idea wut do... how do react?!?!!one11o1ne!!'

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 AM

Trying out the ping feature, I see. ^^

He tries haha. He thinks of himself as an adult already (even though he was created not too long ago?) but he tries to emulate humans he reads about in books, including the gentleman he's read about in Victorian stories. I hope you know I'm just making this up as I go along, but that's what it seems like so far with his personality.

Little I3ird
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2014, 06:20 AM

I figured I'd give it a shot. xD I know one thing about Menewsha that I've found a tad frustrating is navigating it and knowing when someone replies to me. I fear I might leave someone hanging on accident.

Anyway, no worries -- I'm making Benjamin up as I go as well! I figured the more we have them interact the better we'll learn our characters. He's a bit of an ass, so you'll have to forgive him. The boy has daddy issues.

I can already tell, however, that Benjamin is figuring out rather quickly why his father was attached to Zeke; he acts like an adult, but with a certain... innocent child-like flair. Darn tootin' that Benjamin will be doing his best to keep an emotional distance from Zeke. Benjamin's father basically adopted Zeke as his own son and was super protective of him -- especially from the government and Dr. Hyde.

I figured, maybe Dr. Hyde has some... ulterior motives with Zeke? o;

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-07-2014, 06:37 AM

You can always set it to where it emails you (to the threads you're subscribed to) or the subscribed threads will show up under 'my account.' I have it set for both just in case and also there's pinging. You could put something about people pinging you in your sig and if anyone sees you haven't replied in a bit, they can always ping.

Poor Benjamin. I love him already though. I always like slightly rude characters for some reason. Haha aw yeah. I figured he would have been. Even though Zeke keeps mentioning him as Creator, I think it's more like 'Father' instead because he doesn't like reminding himself that he's an experiment but he also didn't want to call Dr. King Father lol. I dunno. Rolling with that. So that's why he keeps saying Creator.

Ohhh. Yes. Evil characters are always good.