Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-06-2014, 11:15 PM

It didn't say that those were the only colors allowed when I submitted, so I assumed an accent color was fine since you can't omit it from the items themselves and it's not the main theme to my avi. I'm not sure what the black is to be honest - I didn't notice it - it must be part of the cushion set since I didn't equip anything that was black. I didn't see it behind the avatar creator logo thing - but I see it now. Unfortunately I don't have time to resubmit since the event ends today! If by some chance I get time I'll try to resubmit, but it's looking doubtful. Thank you though! :)

Wrote emit instead of omit... It bothered me lol

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 08-06-2014 at 11:23 PM..

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 11:18 PM

You still have 7 hours and 22 minutes Emma

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-06-2014, 11:19 PM

Yes but it's 7:40pm where I live and my Gram is in the hospital so I have to be up fairly early to be with her! Therefore I only have a couple of hours until I'm heading to bed :3

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 11:19 PM

The rules do say that the only colors allowed are white, gold, blue, and silver though. It's been there since the thread was posted
I hope you can still submit it because that avi is pretty!

Aww :( I'm sorry about your gram! Is she ok?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 PM

I don't think it said "only" though - I think it just said allowed at this time and then it gave specific colors that aren't to be used. If it did say that, then my mistake but I don't recall seeing the word only last night when I read it! Either way I respect her decision and I totally get it - just saying where I was coming from :3

She's doing better but she'll still be in for a few more days at least - lots going on is all :3

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-06-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
I don't think it said "only" though - I think it just said allowed at this time and then it gave specific colors that aren't to be used. If it did say that, then my mistake but I don't recall seeing the word only last night when I read it! Either way I respect her decision and I totally get it - just saying where I was coming from :3

She's doing better but she'll still be in for a few more days at least - lots going on is all :3
i did just add the word 'only' after seeing your post because, although there hasn't ever been any confusion before when i've listed colors, i wanted to stop further confusion if there were any. it's always been enough to just say what colors were allowed instead of actually writing every other color that's not allowed, ya know what i mean?
i specifically say a few colors that i have good feeling might come up (and they did! ), so i pick those ones for a reason. this contest doesn't have any accent colors, just the ones i listed.

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 07:31 PM ----------

on a side note, i hope your gram is on the mend

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 PM

No I totally get it! To me the colors listed were to be the main/primary colors - I didn't take it to mean they were the ONLY colors allowed because blue has such a wide variety of color variations etc. so for me it sounded like they were the primary colors, and then you had a list of colors that weren't allowed for the theme - had the word only been there I would have created something different than what I had submitted based on those colors being the only ones allowed! Definitely a misunderstanding but it's not a problem at all. :3 Like I said - if I get a chance I'll try to resubmit, but I can't guarantee anything due to how late it is! Ah well - it was still fun to make! :)

Thanks! She's definitely on the mend, just a long process and not an easy one because of everything going on! She's been in there since at least Saturday (I don't think it was Friday, but the days have kind of run together LOL!) and it's looking like she'll be there for a few more days yet if not longer - hopefully a shorter stay though! She's been doing really well - hasn't been in the hospital since February - but then it hits and it's just chaos here :3

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 12:04 AM

OMG, They Wore THAT To Get Married In? Form
Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 12:06 AM

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue! :: A Colors Contest Entry Form
Username:GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:

Username:GwenaHikari
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

Weddings Around the World
Image of our Group's Entry:GwenaHikari:EirianHikari
Tell Me About These Customs: Traditional Japanese weddings are Shinto weddings, held at shrines. Brides wear shiromuku (traditional white kimono), men wear montsuki (a black formal kimono), Haori, Hakama. Introduction to a Traditional Japanese Wedding
Reference Pictures:Ref image 1
[/b]Ref image 2

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 08-07-2014 at 12:08 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 AM

Username: Emma Corrin
Image of My Entry:

I think I hit all of the colors and don't have any colors not accepted - let me know if it's still wrong! T_T;

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 AM

i'll accept it, emma! thanks for resubmitting!

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
No I totally get it! To me the colors listed were to be the main/primary colors - I didn't take it to mean they were the ONLY colors allowed because blue has such a wide variety of color variations etc. so for me it sounded like they were the primary colors, and then you had a list of colors that weren't allowed for the theme - had the word only been there I would have created something different than what I had submitted based on those colors being the only ones allowed! Definitely a misunderstanding but it's not a problem at all. :3 Like I said - if I get a chance I'll try to resubmit, but I can't guarantee anything due to how late it is! Ah well - it was still fun to make! :)

Thanks! She's definitely on the mend, just a long process and not an easy one because of everything going on! She's been in there since at least Saturday (I don't think it was Friday, but the days have kind of run together LOL!) and it's looking like she'll be there for a few more days yet if not longer - hopefully a shorter stay though! She's been doing really well - hasn't been in the hospital since February - but then it hits and it's just chaos here :3
now i'll know for the future to be a bit more specific

hospitals are pretty nuts though. i'm glad her stay looks like it might be shorter!

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 12:42 AM

Here's my entries:

Username: EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:

Username: EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

I actually think this is very pretty, but not to get married in.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-07-2014, 12:43 AM

Does anyone at all still need a group?

also. where is the baby yan takes over the world threads? i can't find them :[

Last edited by Shadami; 08-07-2014 at 12:46 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-07-2014, 12:48 AM

Awesome! Thanks! I'm now going to go crash lol It bothered me not having something submitted so even though I should be sleeping it really bothered me so I had to try and figure something out!

I honestly just didn't realize that it was an only color sort of contest - complete misunderstanding of what was being asked. And I totally didn't see the black in the cushion set - honestly missed it! I know for future though that it's a colors only contest and will try to do that in the future! :3

For sure - when she went in the admitting doctor put her on dialysis and pureed food.... No joke. She's never been on dialysis in her life and she's NEVER eaten pureed food. When we got to the floor and heard the orders I'm like "Um. No. Hold on a sec. That's not right." We were able to get the dialysis orders taken off, but the pureed food didn't come off until dinner the next day. I'm like really? So frustrating! And now they're messing with meds that have nothing to do with her visit and I'll just be beyond happy when she's home and we can get her back on her normal medicine and back on track. As it is now they're just causing problems that weren't there!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 08-07-2014, 12:50 AM

Username: bloodstainedwings, Nephila, Xogizmoox, neller, fireprincess, Ascadellia
Image of our Group's Entry:

Tell Me About These Customs:
Nikah is a Muslim marriage. It is the signing of a "solemn and sacred social contract" that is agreed by both the groom and bride. A trustworthy Muslim, such as a Qadi (a state appointed Muslim judge), officiants the Nikah ceremony. Traditionally, the bride will wear a red gharga and the groom will wear a white sherwani. In the days leading up to the wedding, close friends of the bride (typically all women) will go to the bride's home where they will dance and sing all night. This is known as a dohlki, and can last a night, a few days, or even a week! During the dohlki, the women will bake sweets and cover the bride in ubtan, a mixture of minerals and oils used to lighten the bride's skin. This will sometimes lead to ubtan/food fights.
Reference Pictures:
Bride Groom Qadi Dohlki-1 2 3 Ubtan

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-07-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks! I'm now going to go crash lol It bothered me not having something submitted so even though I should be sleeping it really bothered me so I had to try and figure something out!

I honestly just didn't realize that it was an only color sort of contest - complete misunderstanding of what was being asked. And I totally didn't see the black in the cushion set - honestly missed it! I know for future though that it's a colors only contest and will try to do that in the future! :3

For sure - when she went in the admitting doctor put her on dialysis and pureed food.... No joke. She's never been on dialysis in her life and she's NEVER eaten pureed food. When we got to the floor and heard the orders I'm like "Um. No. Hold on a sec. That's not right." We were able to get the dialysis orders taken off, but the pureed food didn't come off until dinner the next day. I'm like really? So frustrating! And now they're messing with meds that have nothing to do with her visit and I'll just be beyond happy when she's home and we can get her back on her normal medicine and back on track. As it is now they're just causing problems that weren't there!
sometimes the contests vary. daria and i talk about changing things up so you guys don't get bored or too comfortable

wow that sounds like a mess indeed makes it really hard not to trust these people.

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 AM

OMG, They Wore THAT To Get Married In? Is up to date as of here!

Are both up to date as of here!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-07-2014, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
sometimes the contests vary. daria and i talk about changing things up so you guys don't get bored or too comfortable

wow that sounds like a mess indeed makes it really hard not to trust these people.
Lol! I'll have to make sure to clarify then if I misunderstand! And try to submit sooner in the event so I have more time for you to reply if it's wrong and still have time to fix it! ;)

For sure - and it's exactly why I'm going into this field. I'm in school to become a Patient Advocate, so patients like my Gram have someone who will speak on their behalf legally and help them fix things and make things right :3 I'm also doubling it with a management degree so I can hopefully be in a position to make the changes needed :3

Annd I just got an e-mail reminder in saying I have an out of town appointment tomorrow afternoon, so lucky me gets to pack tonight and get little sleep xD; Jeez - I swear I can't win!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 AM

Username: zigbigadorlube
Image of My Entry:

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 AM

Username: Whisper Invictus
Image of My Entry:

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-07-2014, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Lol! I'll have to make sure to clarify then if I misunderstand! And try to submit sooner in the event so I have more time for you to reply if it's wrong and still have time to fix it! ;)

For sure - and it's exactly why I'm going into this field. I'm in school to become a Patient Advocate, so patients like my Gram have someone who will speak on their behalf legally and help them fix things and make things right :3 I'm also doubling it with a management degree so I can hopefully be in a position to make the changes needed :3

Annd I just got an e-mail reminder in saying I have an out of town appointment tomorrow afternoon, so lucky me gets to pack tonight and get little sleep xD; Jeez - I swear I can't win!
that is a really admirable profession! it's great that you feel so passionate about that and i admire your tenacity i hope you get enough rest! naps save!

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 10:19 PM ----------

everyone is looking good so far even though i haven't updated!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-07-2014, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
that is a really admirable profession! it's great that you feel so passionate about that and i admire your tenacity i hope you get enough rest! naps save!

Thanks! I'll have everything completed in 2018 - dual bachelors + an R.N. certification - then I'll be going on for my Master's in 2018 :3 Definitely a lot of hard work, but it's so worth it given how corrupt and unprofessional our medical system is.

Thanks! Me too! Definitely napping in the car lol Luckily I won't have to drive! ;)

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-07-2014, 03:56 AM

Username:~LONGCAT~
Image of My Entry:

Will this work Linnea:?

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-07-2014, 05:13 AM

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 10:15 PM ----------

DariaMorgendorfer: just so you know not to be pushy and stuffers.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-07-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Username:~LONGCAT~
Image of My Entry:

Will this work Linnea:?
@~longcat~