Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-29-2010, 03:29 AM

I was just using my laptop and it was charging while I was doing it, then I realized that it wasn't charging anymore. I thought perhaps I accidentally unplugged it from the computer, checked, I didn't. Then well maybe it got unplugged from the extension cord it was in, well it still was in it, and the extension cord was still in the wall plugged in. I don't understand what happened.

This is the second time this has happened to me this summer, and I just don't understand what is going on. My computer cord is not carrying a charge at all. I think my computer is frying them. I have an acer computer, it works fine..but I guess not.

I guess I'm using the charging cord too much? But aren't these cords supposed to be used daily for charging? So ya, has this happened to any one else before, and what do you recommend?

I am so glad that I bought an extended warranty on my computer...now I just have to go wait in line for it's replacement and feel like a complete idiot.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 AM

I don't think you can overuse a cable, mine is always plugged in. Does anyone else in the house have a cable that you can try instead?

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 AM

Not for an acer, it has it's own special plug.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 AM

I had to get a replacement cord for my HP laptop recently (in the middle of last month). The wires from my old one were exposed and separated...so if I kept using it, I would have been electrocuted. Badly.

PS that was $80 out of my own budget for school books. : (