Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 AM

So after the invisible manties/panties from last Christmas, now we have invisible hats? :gonk:

They worked fine during the Halloween event, but now when I try them on, all poses except for the ones without the glowy eyes from the Magical Mysteries EI are invisible aside from the eyes. (see the two specks floating above my head)

What happened? Is this happening for everyone else too or is it just me? :gonk:

Last edited by Antagonist; 11-18-2011 at 01:16 AM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 AM

*pokes own hat*

They seem to be working for me. O.o

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-17-2011, 08:54 AM

:gonk:

Weird...maybe a layering glitch of some sort? *goes to fiddle with the items and hair*

----------

...Nope, still not working. :(

I seem to be some kind of magnet for invisible items. :stare:;;;

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 AM

Have you done the usual cache clearing etc.?

I can't do anything much from my end, so you would have to wait for a Pink Neenja to come by. xD"

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Yeah, even on different computers it's still the same. :sweat:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM

The glowy eyes are just a layer on top of the hats without the eyes. You need to put the hat without the eyes on then the eyes and that would work...(I'm pretty sure that was an attempt to keep the Ei bar as small as possible - having two hat options and four eye options instead of having the hats without eyes then each hat with eyes...it's less icons to have in one bar)

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 11-17-2011 at 06:54 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 PM

Also, I recommend trying the "unequip all" button. Any time I have an unusual outfit glitch, I've been able to get rid of it by hitting that button and trying to make the outfit again.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-18-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
The glowy eyes are just a layer on top of the hats without the eyes. You need to put the hat without the eyes on then the eyes and that would work...(I'm pretty sure that was an attempt to keep the Ei bar as small as possible - having two hat options and four eye options instead of having the hats without eyes then each hat with eyes...it's less icons to have in one bar)
Maria has it. :) Your hat isn't malfunctioning. You likely had the hat equipped and then clicked the eyes so your brain sort of remembered it (with the help of the thumbnail) as being a hat-with-eyes. :)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 AM

Huh, I hadn't known it was changed. I'm pretty sure that during the event the eyes came with the hats. :sweat: (because I equipped them each separately when I first got the EI) Well that fixed the problem...

I don't see what you mean about having less icons though...it's the same amount of icons. Six hats in all, four with eyes, two without. Now it's four eyes, and two hats. That's still six icons in total on the EI bar.

Edit: Yeah, it's working now. But I'm quite sure that it wasn't like that before. :o

Edit2: ....Unless my mind's been ****ing with me...
...Which isn't all that uncommon these days... :headdesk:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 AM

This way you can have, say, purple eyes on the brown or black hat. The way you're remembering it, there were only eye color options for the black hat and the brown hat had no eyes. This has fewer icons than if there were eyeless hats, and a color option for both hats.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-18-2011, 04:50 AM

@Dan - Right now there are 4 pairs of eyes and two hats.
If they had each hat with each color eye as it's own icon...that would be four hats of brown and four of black ...only two more than what is there....but what is there is still less XD

I think it was this way during the event because I remember trying to equip the red eyed hat and I couldn't find it and I thought it just wasn't working - but the eyes were blending into the background I had on...XD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-18-2011, 04:57 AM

Ohhhh...right. Forgot about the brown hat. :sweat:
During the event I don't remember seeing the brown hats with the eyes, so yeah, I see how that works now.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-18-2011, 05:39 AM

lol - I thought I was like you and it was a glitch at first...tried switching browsers...I was going to ask then I figured it out somehow XDDDD Those silly hats are tricky!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah, but now the brown hats can have eyes too! :lol:
...Though I don't see myself ever using the brown hat much. :P