The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 09-11-2010, 08:07 PM

So, I noticed that the Arcade game "Harbor Fishing" received some minor updates. It included a new "mene" spash screen which contains the only audio in the game, with a link to "play more menewsha games". The font for the scoring has changed. So far so good...

... but the animation on the fish has gone wacky. It appears that the frame rate of their 'swimming' animation has almost doubled except sometimes it skips. The result is that the fish look like they're being downright electricuted or spazzing out and should be foaming at the mouth when you catch them.

Now, the actual speeds of the fish haven't appeared to change, so you might argue that the change of the fish animation is superficial.

HOWEVER "Harbor Fishing" requires the most percise match of hand-eye coordination of any of the menewsha games I've played. There have been hundreds of times where I grumble saying I 'should have caught' a given fish. But if they go "super blip" three times then skip a frame... it is very distracting to one's eye.

Is this going to be fixed any time soon? Thank you for your time in looking into this

Last edited by The_Crow; 09-13-2010 at 09:52 PM..

JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 PM

I also noticed this, as I play harbor fishing all the time. To me the fish appear faster, but yes the seizure fish are distracting to me too. I wasn't sure if anyone else would pick up on it lol.

I posted a thread "Sardine Smash Game" because that game seems to be different too and people can't get past the first few levels now. The fish stays red too long to hit much of anything...So far no mods have posted anything about these glitches or whatever you want to call them. I'm not sure if any of the other games have changed to my knowledge.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 PM

JapaneseCherryBlossom: It was nice to know that I was not the only one who noticed the glitch, nor the only person thrown off by it. I just played the game and the fish are no longer having seizures/acting like they're being electrocuted. I hope the problem has been fixed with your other game as well. I'll go ahead and mark this "solved" now.