Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 01:29 AM

Hi, I'm Kat as I'm sure a lot of you know. I've been trying to get art through request threads and buying, but I've not been successful. I thought a contest like this might help and well...seems this forum could use a new contest. Throw some art my way!

Rules:
1. Ends november 14th. Judging will occur a week after.
2. You may submit more than one entry, but you can only win once in a category
3. There will be three categories (character, couple, scene)
4. post entries here please
5. steal art or characters and I will shoot you
6. All forms of art and styles are acceptable (chibi, anime, cartoon, realistic, pixel, craft, comic, etc). I will take anything that represents my characters. If you have some sort of non-traditional art idea in mind, ask.

Prizes:
Character:
1st- 2k gold+Garland Celebrations
2nd- 1k+steampunk buggie
3rd- 500
Couple:
1st- 3k+ love knot hairpin
2nd- 2k+menewsha cookie collective
3rd- 500
Scene:
1st- 5k+ Festival ribbon
2nd- 3k + Meinarch wings

Form:
Username:
Category:
Character(s)/scene:
Entry:

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 11-15-2013 at 05:31 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 AM

The Characters
I allow changes in their design (ie clothes and hairstyle) so long as it makes sense with what's in their profile. Sometimes, I like when my chars get forced outside their norm and like...the joke is self aware. Ie: Omg, let's torture shin by putting him in pink and he looks tortured! It doesn't work if it seems he dressed himself. But ask, this isn't as applicable for all chars. And as a general rule, follow the text first, pictures second, especially its not my main ref. If the image contradicts the text, assume the text is right.

Koda Simmons

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'6". pale. Skinny
~hair: shaggy black. punkish. bang in eyes. mid ear length
~eyes: ice blue
~clothes: Mostly all black and white. punk/cool kid. headphones (earbuds or over the ear kind since he has both). doesn't like shoes, but it's converse if he is wearing them. He's also worn a pink and black long sleeved shirt once, so cuter clothes are also possible as long as there is still black somewhere on them.
Random Fact- likes junk food and soggy cereal. smokes occasionally.
Couple: Declan (ref: profile)
Relationship: just started dating. Cute, awkward, Declan's got that older brother type feel
Personality: acts like a punk kid and he's usually stubborn, irritable, and snarky, but he can be really cute. He’ll get flustered, beam when he’s been complimented, or nervously make up excuses for his mistakes. He’s not nearly as much of a delinquent as he pretends to be, and enjoys acting like a kid in front of Declan.
More reference:Koda Simmons Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Kat Dakuu

SPOILERX

species: catdemon
Appearance(chaos): 5'5". pale. skinny not curvy
~hair: black and slightly wavy, mid back. down or in pig tails
~eyes: yellow and large
~ears and tail: black ears and tail
~clothes: cute! pink or blues or rainbows. bows, ribbon, girly. usually has black and white mixed in. always skirts or shorts. nothing past her knees. Cute animal costumes? Sure. She is my character with the most variance in her design. Do with her as you will.
Lock and Draw version: same except her tail is white and she carries a key shaped wand with a cat head charm. The pictures of her in the purple dress is this story, but please don't feel limited to that design. I would love for someone to make her L&D costume fit her more. Also, she has a magical box of crayons that brings images to life. The key is needed to 'lock' the image so it stays alive/active. Nicole is in this story, but not Kitara.
Random Fact: controls fire and is a werepanther(chaos only), has a pet goldish
Couple: Nicole (best friend) or Kitara (sister)- third post down
Relationship: with Nicole=naggy, bickery, Kat dragging Nikky random places and she just sighs and follows. But Nicole loves it. like this.
With Kitara=similar to twins, tendency to mirror each other.
Personality: She’s hyper and cute and despite being sweet and innocent, she’s an agent of chaos. It follows her wherever she goes and even an innocuous trip to walmart can turn into a dangerous adventure with her around. She absolutely NEVER means to hurt anyone and loves everything. She’s basically a child....with magic powers.
More Reference: Kat Dakuu Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

William

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'9". tanish
~hair: auburn, pretty, a little above his shoulders.
~eyes: vibrant blue. sometimes glasses
~clothes: fashionable even when wearing 'lame' clothes. Fond of jackets and sweaters, brown and sometimes blue or pink.
random fact: Afraid of thunder. likes snakes
Couple: Gary (ref: profile)
Relationship: currently in limbo between friends and lovers, but they will date eventually! William=stalker mostly through texts. William is in love obsessively, Gary is 'no love, never' (but already falling in love). FB status=It's complicated
Personality: Slightly insane? He's got abandonment issues and possible a masochistic streak with love since he tends to latch himself onto relationships that may not work out. Like a very bad fungus, he's hard to get rid of. He can be very shy and friendly and to most people, he appears fairly normal. To his current attachment though, he shows his desperate and dominate side more.
More Reference: William Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Jarred Kennsi

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'10". Hawaiian. Golden skin. medium muscle.
~hair: brown, bit darker than skin. shaggy, tangled, rarely brushed, overgrown, layered. to bottom of ears. Bald eagle feather tied on one side.
~eyes: narrow, dark brown.
~clothes: jackets (grey?) over tank tops, torn jeans. rumpled dirty t-shirts. Slob clothes.
~tattoos: Chinese dragon curling up right arm and biting shoulder. holds a purple cobra in one claw and 4 leaf clovers in the other. Hibiscus flower on lower back, with hints of water. A line of gull silhouettes curl away toward shoulder. an E sits in the curve. on left shoulder is a flying bald eagle with a shackle on its foot.--> guidelines:tattoos eagle1 eagle2 (you have free range to interpret and draw these in your own style though)
Random Facts: a perverted, cynical, asshole with an extra side order of cocky. masochistic. I don't need a personality section. I think that says it all.
Couple: Derek (X)
Relationship: Insane, strange, pervy, sexual harassment (from Jarred). Totally hate each other, but oh that chemistry! That sexual frustration!
Other reference: Jarred Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Rissa

SPOILERX

Appearance: a little tan, short to average height. cutesy with a decent bust
~hair: light cream. to mid back. straight. (lighter than her skin tone)
~eyes: clear, light blue
~other: white ears and tail
~clothes: strapless or thin strapped dresses. Fairly simple but anything cute and soft colored works really. sandals or mary jane shoes with frilly socks. She has a little tiger shaped backpack that she caries around at all times.
Random facts:likes milk and cheese and playing in sunshine
Personality: She’s shy and has a slight stutter on occasion. She can totally forget herself though and run around laughing. She sees the simple joys in every little thing. She also doesn’t trust perfection or really good intentions. She’s afraid that they’ll end too quickly or that a nefarious intent is behind the kind words. Something too good to be true, is probably not true. She will do almost anything to have a good home and be treated well. And then worry it won’t last. She doesn’t think her worth is high enough that someone won’t just throw her back out.
Other ref: Rissa Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Shin

SPOILERX

genre- hip-hop, rock, not so cutesy or overly pop
Appearance: average height, a little on the thin side, but still strong in his arms and such. Pretty, but closer to masculine than cute. Korean.
~hair- light blonde and short. styled messy or sometimes spiked.
~eyes- brown
~clothes- partial to black and simple things. often long sleeves or hoodies, maybe a scarf. torn jeans and graphic tees when he's trying to look cool. practices in tank top and sweats. piercing in one ear (usually a dangly type earring)
~stage/MV look- This is a very vague reference that I made. I'm open to other ideas of costume design. He debuted wearing a skin tight silver tank, an overly large black knit type top over that (more like it was made from string?), and skin tight black pants, with the usual spiked black boots. His hair was spiked and he wore dark makeup.
Personality- wannabe bad boy. Slightly short tempered, occasionally shy, and even more annoyed because of it. Wants to have a cool, silent-type image. He will get violent toward inanimate objects when he's angry, but mostly he just yells a lot at people because he likes to. Grumpy is his happy face. There's a whole lot of cuteness hiding under the surface though that he won't admit is there. Lately he's been smiling a lot and acting silly. He's someone who really knows how to sulk as well.
Random Facts: has a white stuffed dog he only loves in secret or when sulking. hates being called cute. dislikes skinship. he's very camera shy. Has a slight case of insomnia. Folds origami.
Further ref: Shin Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Raylen

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'11". Very pale.
~hair: just past shoulders. straight. red/red-brown. sometimes in ponytail.
~eyes: grey. small
~clothes: all black (for spying) or very nondescript street cloths. Being a chameleon, it changes with the situation and target.
Random Fact: Sleeps on a mattress instead of a bed. Uses only film cameras
Personality: acts according to situation-cute, mean, sexy. probably soulless. Any expression will do for him. He is a mask inside a mask, telling lies. His real self seems a bit more cynical and bitter than he acts though. He smiles a lot and has a tendency to seduce people for information. he keeps everything in a mess, but it's an organized mess only he understands.
Other Reference: Raylen Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

"Chi" Christopher

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'10". tan
~hair: anywhere from the bottom of his shoulder blades to mid back. straw colored brown/blond. tied up sometimes, especially when he's not on stage.
~eyes: green. wears glasses only off stage.
~clothes: pastels-blue, purple. stylish shirts, torn jeans, simple accessories like stars. Stage must haves: shoeless and scars/patches/something to partially cover face. (stage clothes are always open to creativity, but if not on stage, keep him simple)
Random facts: likes reading, prank wars, and calls his guitar 'my baby'.
Couple: Juka OR group art of the 4 band members (I can supply the drummer's info if needed)
Relationship: Because Juka thought it was a good idea, they started a fake relationship for stage, but it became real. Mostly they're like best friends. Naggy, little fights over banal things, always together laughing. lots of skinship. Juka does a lot of flirting on stage.
Personality: He's sweet and kind. Smart too, but he’s not a know it all. Despite that, he has gained a love for serendipity and disorder. In reality, he doesn’t want to be the quiet one. He can always be convinced to participate in a prank war or give into his desires and make un-smart money decisions. A bit weak willed, but still stubborn at the right moments. He can lie and keep his feelings inside. He’s not the honest one that just comes out and says he’s in love.
More Reference: Indirect Falsehood Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Juka

SPOILERX

nationality: japanese-american
Appearance: 5'8". pale but reddens easily. Can portray himself as either sexy and masculine, or adorable and ADD.
~hair: messy, very visual kei, and a bit long. dyed bright red
~eyes: honey. red glitter around them for stage
~clothes: visual kei inspired. accessory galore. obsessed with red and black. Boots, duct tape, weirdness. often wearing some kind of jacket/cape/coat. slightly more normal off stage
Random Facts: Loves pranks and hugs. Has minor addiction to lollipops and adores Maya from LM.C
Personality: He absolutely does not come off as a rich kid. No one would even know it. He’s eccentric, wild, hyper. Beneath his unconventional ways is a thread of genius though. He can convince anyone to do anything both from his enthusiasm and the fact that he won’t shut up until you agree. There’s something about his charisma that makes him someone you want to follow. He really is loving and talented though and he can turn a switch on stage and go from hyper cute nut to sexy dude with an amazing voice.
More Reference: Indirect Falsehood Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

"Tama" Tamara

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'7". average skin. she's just a little curvy, not a lot.
~hair: styled messy. tails in front to collarbones. shorter in back. black with blue and purple random streaks.
~eyes: clear blue. heavy mascara and eye liner.
~clothes: rocker/goth. black and purple. tall heels. on and off stage. wherever you see flowers on her refs, change them to skulls or stars
Random Facts: Chi/Juka fangirl.
Personality: She’s a rocker to the heart. She’s the one headbanging on stage and on her knees being bad ass. Her violence is well known and she’s always threatening to stab people with a pair of stiletto heels. She’s more bravado than anything else. She’s loud and protective of her friends (especially Chi whom she views as weak in a cute way) even if she keeps them terrified of her. She sticks to partying and picking up guys instead of love.
More reference: Indirect Falsehood Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Key Gavotte

SPOILERX

Appearance: 5'8" pale, thin. very little makeup.
~hair: gingery light orange/blonde. More blonde than orange. Wavy, sometimes frizzy. above shoulders
~eyes: dark brown
~clothes: crossdresser. shorts or skirts to knees that are simple but flowy. usually not too girly shirts with sweaters over them. sometimes bizarre layering. blues, shiny, rainbows, tights. keychain collection. wears a dress on stage.
facts: gamer, loves blue roses. bites things when nervous
Couple: Lorn (ask me or PapillionCameo for info)
Relationship: awkward as hell. Are they dating or not? Lorn thought Key was a girl and has mixed feelings. Otherwise, sweet and gentlemanly.
Personality: He's the closest to a doormat personality of all my characters. Shy, a little eccentric. He only yells at video games, not people. Otherwise he'd rather listen than speak, and be the princess of the romance that gets swept of her...er, his feet. A simple and smiling, hopeless romantic.
Other Reference: Key Gavotte Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Jexel "Jex" De la Cruz

SPOILERX

Species: demon
Appearance: somewhat tan. about 5'10". smallish compact feel to him. some muscle. masculine, slightly rough, but not real manly.
~hair: white and red (not pink! ) resembles frozen fire? Or red hair with a layer of frost on top. A little above his shoulders and straight. Sometimes up in a ponytail.
~eyes: white. sometimes described as blank, but he has pupils. The details of it are up to interpretation though.
~other: He has a tattoo on the left side of his face that goes from the forehead and around the far corner of the eye to just reach the cheek. Black, tribal looking. Perhaps something like simple and stylized snakes. (you can be like me and 'forget' to draw it) There's a large snake on his upper left arm as well. Black, but I'll accept color in it too.
~Clothes: Very open to interpretation, but the avi ref is fine too if interpretation isn't your thing. Black, reds...Be creative since the story is not in this world. Buckles and straps, shirts that tie in the back? Sashes to tie things down, minor armor elements like shoulder pieces (which I can see holding that red sash a bit like a scarf with the tails hanging behind. or a small cape). Boots or slippers. Here are some fabric and style ideas: 1, 2, 3.
Couple: Ashton
Relationship: Based on the idea of soul bonds, they are destined for each other. They didn't want to fall in love, but they need each other. They love each other in their own not so smooth and romantic way. they don't do 'date' things much in public except stolen moments. Very behind closed doors lovers.
Personality: Jex is a bucket full of issues most of which came from being dumped at the equivalent of the altar once before. He can be violent and snappish. He's the open one though so he's does what he wants when he wants to. If he's angry, you know. If he wants to snuggle, he does it. He pretends he doesn't care what people think, but he's a lot more sensitive than anyone thinks. He portrays himself as tough and joking, with that wicked kind of smile. Only Ashton knows his weak side
Other Reference: Janus Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

Ashton

SPOILERX

Species: angel
Appearance: Pale and tall. 6 foot. Elegant and masculine, but not muscular. His face is more tall, calm, stern, than cute.
~hair: white with a bluish tint. Snowy, soft, short. It doesn't cover his ears all the way and is carefully styled into place. It never looks like a mess. there's a small braid in the front that trails down a couple inches past his shoulder with a clear bead to hold it. Color fades into light gold as it reaches past the length of the rest of his hair
~Eyes: purple, medium shade.
~clothes: white, light, airy. Colors as well, but nothing vibrant or dark. He's calming in appearance and his clothes often aren't super snug fitting, such as an oversized thin top or loose cloth accessories. Pull inspiration from princely designs as well as some oriental clothing. Gold and silver are both good and blue is the only color that might appear more dark. Pink stones may also be included as well as wing motifs.
Personality: He's quiet most of the time and he can be quite stern. He doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve, but he is very compassionate and always believes the best in people. He's got a stubborn side and he's definitely a man though. He doesn't just give in to other's will. He may let others take the lead most of the time, but he's actually quite dominate. When he's alone with Jex, he shows considerably more emotion--bright smiles, teasing, wicked grins...even tears.
Other Reference: Janus Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

~kpop~

You can find me on...
KofK: blackbriar
Recolor.me: Sassy Kat
Gaia: Xie Wufei
Sylestia: Murkysoulwaters
Roleplay Repository: Murkysoulwaters
Deviant art: Kat Dakuu

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 09-22-2013 at 11:58 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 AM

Scenes
Must actually be a scene. follow the blurbs and I would prefer at least some bg elements and color if possible. I can ALWAYS give additional info you might need.

Declan and Koda's First Kiss-
Declan is a private tutor and Koda is his student. They're in the middle of the dining room or some such place inside. There is a 7 or 8 inch height difference between them. You can read the awesome scene here. The kiss came about because of a bet, and both are so freaked out the day leading up to the kiss.

Gary and William Snuggling under a blanket during a storm-
Gary loves storms and has admitted to himself that he likes the idea of snuggling with a lover during one. William is terrified of storms. a cozy and cute type scene.

Derek shoving Jarred against a wall-

Jarred does not like cops, so even though he's consulting for cop Derek, he decides to make a run for it. After getting shot at, then tackled to the ground, Jarred gets shoved face first into the wall of a house still under construction, one arm twisted behind his back. I think Jarred enjoyed it. If you wanna look at the scene, it is somewhere around here (to about post 123)

Derek and Jarred sparring?!-

I'm not even going to try to put in words what I want. I have no sort of image in mind. Just...something you can make from this scene here (post 288 to 309ish). Warning: m/m action!

Juka sitting on Chi-
Just a random moment in the life of Indirect Falsehood's vocalist and guitarist. This is before they start the fake relationship which leads the real relationship! Read the scene here

Jex and Ashton bond-
This is the first time they meet and they are in a hot springs taking part in the lifebringing ceremony along with all the other angels and demons of the city, so yes, the pool is very large and set in the valley between mountains. They are mostly naked, but I'm sure the important bits are covered in some way, but I'm lazy to say how...so yeah, water. it's midnight. Here is the scene, unfortunately on google docs again. This is a NaNoWriMo novel, so view the unedited rushed scribbles without a critical eye. I can always clarify details I may only think I wrote into the story.

The kiss with emotion
Gary and William kissed for the first time since the beginning, this time it was the kind of kiss born from love, not lust. The scenes takes place after a fight during their 'date'. Emotions are running high and Gary chooses to tell William why he never has relationships. They are in Gary's car (if you want, I think Wings of Writing knows exactly what car he drives). The scene starts here but you can start reading earlier because the scene is epic epicness. Ends around post 1402.

Jex and Ashton at the fire fields
They boys are back and on the first official date! I think all of the details necessary to know the setting are there and all that jazz. I can give specific references to what they're wearing in this scene if you want. So here it is! the scene

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 08-25-2013 at 06:00 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 03:42 AM

Entries:
Characters:
Kat: Katherdante, Ranie
William: Ranie
Tama: Ashtyn Leigh (wip)

Couples:

Scenes:

Koda and Declan Kiss: Amaitae, Ranie

Winners:

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 11-24-2013 at 07:00 AM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 AM

Ooooh, I think i know which one I want to do already.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 AM

I swear I'm torn between wanting people to draw Declan and Koda's first kiss or Derek pushing Jarred up against wall. Both of these scenes are pretty iconic to our rps and for very different reasons~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 04:50 AM

of course people only come and post while I'm doing homework.

you make me curious Bearzy, but suspense is my favorite part!

Wingsy, hopefully people will draw both.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-27-2013, 04:55 AM

That would definitely be idea Kat.

and somehow of us have been doing homework all day and are finally taking the day off to chill before crashing.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 04:58 AM

I hope my prizes are enticing enough to get a lot of art.
well, you've been doing homework all day. I can tell.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-27-2013, 04:59 AM

yeah, i don't really know what's enticing in the realm of prizes.

you know, i should host a contest at some point too. i have the gold for it. and a few random items to give away

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 05:05 AM

I know the stuff i'm offering isn't amazing, but it's what I've got and overall, there's a lot of gold invested in this contest.

it's a good investment.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-27-2013, 05:07 AM

i think on some level gold would be more appealing to people cuz they can use it for whatever they want

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 AM

I'm always more drawn to items. But it tends to work better when they're really rare. the ei's I put in are mostly ones that are worth some money and aren't in the market.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM

we have opposite reactions then. unless the item is like super awesome, give me gold

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM

its not like you can't sell items.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-27-2013, 07:37 PM

yeah, i feel guilty doing that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM

considering it's a prize, seems the right thing to do. I'd feel more guilty if it were a random donation. I'd feel like I have to donate it to someone else if I don't want it.

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 AM

I am sooooo up for doing some of these, particularly Declan/Koda kiss ;3 Wingsy got me intrigued talking about them

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 AM

haha. Yay!

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 AM

has anyone submitted anything yet....? probably stupid question >_> i don't see anyone that has posted anything

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 AM

oooh, yes. that makes me happy Tae! Wingsy talks about our chars?
and no. considering the contest has only been open a few days...

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 AM

yes I talk about our characters. why would I not?

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 AM

yea, she talks about them every now and then, particularly about Declan and Koda. I'm working up a sketch right now. Gawd, hands suck

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 03:39 AM ----------

well then... basic sketch idea is more or less complete. still gotta figure out a background for it, and make sure everything is correct anatomically. this working from almost no references thing is much harder than i remember it being. wingsy and my favorite professor have been bugging me about getting away from using references like a crutch anyway. i really HAVE been using them like a crutch... anyway, i digress. i should have at least one entry pretty soon :D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 PM

oh, I figured you'd talk, wingsy but now i'm curious what you say.

I'm the opposite Tae. I should use references more. I almost never use them and my anatomy doesn't get better that way.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM

usually just flip out about what's going on in the rp. She definitely heard me spazzing about their first kiss moment more than once