ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...
Send a message via AIM to ashlemo Send a message via MSN to ashlemo Send a message via Yahoo to ashlemo

Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 AM

Rion and his companion descended the stairs together, their footsteps seemingly falling together perfectly. The shorter, stouter man looked to his friend, then down the stairs, where Hezza and their guest sat. Hezza looked exhausted, however, her eyes were open wide and her focus was intense. Rion shot another quick look at Slade, shrugged his shoulders, and met the bottom of the stairs first. He didn't hear Slade's footsteps behind him, but he didn't turn to check on him. His eyes were affixed on the stranger, who sat upright, and did so himself.

Rion looked to Hezza, then back to the soldier, and couldn't make out what was happening. Rion remembered a tense air that hovered about when Hezza was around this mysterious man, but still didn't understand it. He crept further into the living room, as if a child creeping into his parent's room to ask a favor.
"Um, good morning. What's.. going on here?"

He took a hard look at the visitor, still wondering how his abdominal injuries weren't keeping him down.

~~

Slade was beside Rion the entire way down the staircase, but slowed and halted when he saw the man sitting upright, Hezza's tired eyes stapled to him. As Slade watched Rion step into the room, Slade moved to the banister closest to the living room, and leaned against it, staring down at the people below. His blue eyes wide and icy, as usual, Slade leaned forward a bit. He saw Hezza's mouth move but heard no sound. He saw her head perk up as the man, he assumed, said something back.

Slade's mind raced. The silence was broken by Rion's gentle voice.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 AM

Hezza felt as if her heart were going to stop when she heard Kai's threat. She would not be leaving with Kai. Willingly or unwillingly, she would not leave Rion or Slade... definitely not Slade. But the smile on Kai's face made her uneasy; his smile had always made her queasy. Hezza had grown up with him and she knew the things he was capable of. The blood rushed from her face.

Her eyes only dared to leave him when she heard Rion. Snapping her head around, Hezza jumped up and rushed to greet them. Her arms spread out to hug them... or herd them away from danger. "Good morning, boys," she said as cheerfully as she could.

"Ah," Kai said, his voice coy and smooth, addressing Slade and Rion, "good morning. I believe I owe you two a thank you. You're the two who saved my life, am I right?"

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...
Send a message via AIM to ashlemo Send a message via MSN to ashlemo Send a message via Yahoo to ashlemo

Old 06-02-2012, 01:40 AM

Rion jumped slightly as Hezza jerked up and made her way to him. He was well aware of the exhaustion in her face, even through her energetic tone, and the spring in her step. Before he knew what to make of it, Hezza had reached him, and was seemingly corralling him back to where he came from. Rion stopped her as they came closer to the stairs, placed a hand on Hezza's shoulder, and smiled warmly at her.
"Good morning, Hezza. Are you alright?"
Rion was concerned, but didn't know how to handle stressful or tense situations. He usually left those up to his friends.

The man look past Hezza as the person on the couch spoke up. Rion's gaze met his.
"Um, yes. I was the one that initially found you. It seems you're feeling better."

~~

Slade watched as Hezza's face went from attentive to shocked to entirely too chipper. He scowled. What was she hiding? In the back of his mind, Slade remembered the night before; the way she looked into his eyes and lied to him. He knew she didn't do it to hurt him, but her ulterior motives almost frightened him. His blue eyes stuck to her like glue as she neared Rion, her arms open, her face static and almost colorless. Slade finally begun descending the stairs as Hezza and Rion came closer to him. By the time Rion stopped and spoke, Slade stood along side the two.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-02-2012, 01:55 AM

Hezza struggled to keep her composure, she was so exhausted, in front of Slade and Rion. She smiled up, her eyes almost watering, at Slade as he stepped down the stairs towards them. She still could not remember seeing a more beautiful person in all her life, and for some reason this morning he seemed to glow... or perhaps that was the tears. "Good morning," she said softly to him as he finally came to stand with them.

Kai stood, chuckling a bit, and stretched without any pain or problem. "Well," he sighed, "I feel much better. I better introduce myself. My name is Kai."

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:10 AM

Rion stared intently as the formerly-wounded soldier took a deep breath and stood. He was in better health and spirits than most people were after having had a cold, much less severe war injuries. Rion didn't know what to say back to the man- Kai- seeing as how he was completely stunned and confused; instead, the curious Rion took a few steps past his friends, and closer to their house guest.
"My name is Rion," he said, still staring directly Kai. "Excuse me for the stares," he started, unsure of what to say. "but... I don't understand how you're so... so, okay. So healed."

Who was this guy?

~~

Slade nodded in response to Hezza's morning salute, stepping past her. He was right behind Rion, watching the man that his friends were eyeing so carefully. Hezza's uneasiness pulsed its way through Slade's own veins, and, as the strange man stood, Slade felt his mouth grow very, very dry. Rion's shaky voice mirrored Slade's feelings; he didn't know how the guy was even breathing deeply. How was he standing? He was a heap of blood and mess when they'd carried him in, and now he was in very decent, normal health.

His heart racing, Slade slowly coiled each of his arms around the other, narrowing his blue eyes. This man, Kai, must have something to do with the secrets Hezza had been keeping from him. There was no way, in Slade's mind, that a normal man would be in such good condition after such horrific and debilitating wounds. Slade wanted to turn to Hezza and unlock all of the answers for the questions he had, but he kept quiet. He bit his tongue. The air was thick, the tension thicker.

Something bad was going to happen, and it made the hairs on Slade's arms stand at attention. He again fought the urge to at least look at Hezza, but his eyes were busy keeping tabs on the stranger.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-02-2012, 04:22 AM

Kai grinned at Rion, taking a step towards him. In a blink of an eye, Kai was standing just inches in front of Rion, whispering into his ear maliciously. "Well, I've always been a quick healer," he said, staring over Rion's shoulder at Slade and Hezza, grinning. "You could say I have a talent for it."

Hezza felt as if her heart was about to leap from her chest as Kai appeared in front of Rion in a flash. She gave a small shriek, her arms lifting up, palms out stretched towards them. "Rion!" her voice cracked, "No! Kai! Don't!" Her eyes flew to Slade and Hezza jumped into action, grabbing him and pushing back towards the stairs. "Go, go! Slade, go. Lock yourself up in your room and don't come out until it's safe."

By this time, Kai was laughing. He slapped Rion on the shoulder, as if the whole thing was a lighthearted joke. "Ha, looks like I've got Hezza all worked up. Did you sleep well, Hezza? You look tired."

Hezza shuddered; she really was too tired to handle this stress.

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 AM

Startled, Rion grunted and tensed up, his fists clenched in sheer surprise. As Kai hissed in his ear, he felt the coldness of his tone run down his neck and spine. Rion instinctively staggered back, wincing as Hezza shrieked for him. She addressed the cold stranger as if she knew him. Rion took his eyes off of Kai for a split second in order to take a short glance at Hezza, who was urging Slade up the stairs. He felt himself twitch with jealously, but turned to face the strange man, anyway.

"What.. are you?" a confused Rion stammered. The stranger then mentioned Hezza; again, like the two had a past. He again looked between the two, feeling, once more, very confused.

~~

Slade jumped more than Rion did as the stranger darted to his friend's face. He gasped, unsure of what to do or if this was even a situation that required help. By the look of Kai's eerie grin, Slade feared for the worst, past even his own suspicions. He was caught off guard by Hezza's pushing and yelling; he staggered as she used her weight to lead him toward the stairs. He stopped her, just as Rion had before, with a hand on her shoulder.
"You know I'm not leaving you down here alone," he said, a stern look about his face, his blue eyes dancing in their sockets.

He stood tall, just as confused as Rion, but his face read nothing of the sort. He wedged his way in front of Hezza.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Kai smirked and stepped back, nodding towards Hezza. "What am I? Why don't you ask Hezza."

Hezza clung to Slade's arm, trying to pull him back towards the stairs. Her eyes wide, wild, begging with Kai and Rion. What could she say to make them understand, without giving away everything she'd tried to keep from them? "Come on, Rion," she called, reaching her hand out to him from behind Slade. "Come on, lets go."

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-02-2012, 08:19 PM

Rion, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, spoke without moving his stare from Kai. "Hezza, what do you know of this man?"
Rion was confused, as he had been for the past day, his eyes glazed over with the feeling of deceit. He then thought, perhaps, this man was trying to make them angry with Hezza; he thought back to the intense stairs and tensions in the air. Rion remembered Slade telling him about one of the books that he'd been reading, and this strangely sounded like the misintent of the antagonist, trying to plot the friends against one another.

These thoughts spun in Rion's head for quite some time before he actually turned to face Hezza and Slade. He knew Hezza had something to hide, but he'd stand beside her through anything. He winced, feeling the stares of the entire room on him, remembering that hissing of a whisper that came from deep inside the soldier's throat.
Rion looked to Hezza, and only her, "Please, what is going on?"

He neared her, reaching for her hand.

~~

Slade's mind was reeling. He didn't understand how his life had been turned upside down by a simple healing gesture, and why this man was so well off after a night of profuse bleeding. He didn't understand why this man and Hezza had been exchanging such eerie and knowing glances at one another. Slade was still upset about being lied to. He stared at the stranger, who looked much stronger now that he was closer, and glanced back at Rion. Slade didn't speak. He didn't want his voice to crack.

As Rion reached for Hezza, Slade also stepped back closer to her. He had so many questions to ask, and wondered why they were retreating in their own homes. Slade remembered the servant they sent off to fetch the proper authorities about a deserter of war, wondering when they would come back. What would they do until them? Why were they afraid now? Slade wanted answers. He was tired of being jostled around.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-03-2012, 01:08 AM

As she took Rion's hand, Hezza grabbed Slade's arm. "Please," she whispered to them, not taking her eyes off of Kai, "trust me. Kai is someone from my past... and he is dangerous. I will explain more to you, everything. Answer all your questions. But we need to go. Now."

Kai laughed and walked slowly towards them. "Oh, you're going to run away, huh?"

Hezza shuffled back, pulling her boys along with her. "We need to go, Slade. Rion. We need to go now."

The next second, the doors were slamming closed behind them, Kai standing in front of the doors. "Oh, lets not get hasty, sissy."

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-03-2012, 02:00 AM

Rion took Hezza's lead, however, he was rigid and tense. He kept checking his surroundings. Hezza urged them to leave; Rion looked to Slade, unsatisfied with the look of discontent written across his features. Why was he always so stubborn? Hezza had one of Slade's arms in her hand, so Rion took the other, and was going to force him out. Rion was uncomfortable too, but they had to trust Hezza's intent. Why didn't Slade get that?

"Let's g-" and all of the doors slammed shut. It felt as though a vacuum of air swirled around them and made the air tight and heavy. Rion caught his breath. "Wh-What in the hell?"

~~

Slade eyed Hezza carefully, and, upon watching Rion grab onto her hand, he decided that following her was best. This guy's sinister laugh and smile caught Slade off guard, and irritated him. For some reason, when Slade tried to turn, he was stuck in his tracks. He struggled within himself, and felt Rion take hold of his free arm. His friends pulled him, and Slade's body was in his control again. He couldn't deal with this.

Slade heard Hezza say something else, and, as he turned, the doors begun slamming left and right. Slade looked over his shoulder at the soldier.
"S-sister?" he looked at Hezza.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 AM

Hezza gripped Slade and Rion tighter, and her face drained of what color was left. She tensed, but stood taller, straightening her back. Her dark eyes met Slade's baby blues and she gave him a tense nod. "Yes," she said, "Kai is my brother-" Hezza turned back to Kai, her eyes meeting his, "-As you can tell we don't get along."

Kai put up his hands, palms facing towards them in a mock-surrender. "Hey, now. I'm not the one who hates my family."

"I don't hate you," Hezza said, but her attention turned back to Slade and Rion. "I don't hate them... they're just... not people I like to associate with."

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM

They were once attempting to flee, but, now as they all stood still, Slade had a chance to just inhale. His chest ached. The air remained thick and the weight of the secrets Hezza was keeping from them constricted his chest even more tightly. His blue eyes caught Kai, whose lips were curled in a mocking smile. Slade tilted his head to look at Hezza once more, who had a strange reply to the man standing before them. Slade pulled his arms free from the grips of his friends.

"Okay, I'm tired of all of this cryptic bullshit," Slade huffed, stepping forward, in between the two siblings. "I'm tired of the sideways glances and all of the unknown. I'm tired of the fucking secrets. If you two have unfinished business, then tend to it. This is getting old incredibly quickly."
Slade's arms coiled around one another, as they had the tendency of doing, and he scowled, glancing at Rion, whose eyes were wide and glued to him.

"I don't know why you're so scared, Hezza," said Slade, finally meeting her eyes. "If you would have been honest from the beginning, this man wouldn't be here right now."
Slade turned to Kai.
"What now?"

~~

Rion was trying to soak in what everyone was saying, his hand still laced with Hezza's. He was sweating and didn't know what to say or do. He felt like an extra in the equation. He and Slade both were. He glanced up and Slade every so often, whose face was red and sweating. Slade's eyes never moved from the stranger in their home; Rion watched as Slade's upper lip peeled back to reveal an almost animal-like snarl. He hadn't seen Slade like that since the night they met.

His eyes darting from Hezza to Slade to Kai, Rion grew more and more weary of the situation. Hezza had kept so much from him... why? Had she not trusted him enough? Rion's concentration was broken when Slade spoke up, and Rion almost gasped. He felt Hezza's grip tighten on him as Slade pulled away from them. He knew Slade was hurting Hezza again. Rion shook his head, still unsure of what to do.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 AM

Hezza's heart sank as Slade pulled away. It felt as if she'd never be able to hold onto him. Damn Kai! He ruined everything. They all ruined everything. When she had left, she had left them all behind and she had meant never to look back.

"You're girl here," Kai said, pulling one of the comfortable arm chairs in front of the doors and settling down, sinking into the cuisine, "isn't the angel as she's lead you to believe. You think she'd really stay with you? Hezza has a bad habit of building up projects--" he waved his hand around, gesturing the room, "--like this beautiful home, this city and then ditching them when she's bored with them. That goes for people too. Do you know anything about her past? Of course not. She wouldn't tell you about it. She has a family who needs her and she--"

"Would you shut up?!"
Hezza snapped, taking a step and balling her hands into fists. "You're spoiling everything, Kai!"

Kai grinned and tilted his head. "Hezza knew about the war because our younger brother enlisted, and then went missing in action. And Hezza ignored us when we begged her for help."

Hezza bit her lip and bowed her head.

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM

Even Rion had a hard time holding onto Hezza as the man in front of them- her brother- spoke. Hezza neither denied the things he said, nor did she explain herself. She lashed at Kai like a child would lash at another, and Rion saw it now. Just as Hezza's heart sunk when Slade pulled away, Rion's heart sunk as Hezza took a step, released his hand, and balled up her delicate fists. Who was this woman? They had been through too much together, but did he know her at all? He had known Hezza much longer than Slade had; Hezza had known Rion better than anyone else had... or would. He was distraught, but he would not leave her on her own.

Rion clasped his hands together behind his back, and peered down at the ground, feeling shame for Hezza. Why would someone so caring... leave her family in her dust? Why didn't they live with her in Third City? What was Hezza hiding?

~~

Slade's eyes were wide; he listened without distraction to Kai, whose calm demeanor and smirk crawled up Slade's spine in the most unnerving way possible. He only stopped listening when Kai stopped talking; when Hezza would interject. As Rion had noticed, Slade also noticed that Hezza didn't defend herself. She just shouted. Slade raised his hand, his fingers rubbing his forehead. His eyes were closed as Kai continued to talk.

Slade felt the air thin; his head hardly hurt anymore, and it was much easier for him to breathe. He looked back at Hezza, whose head was cast down, and Rion who, over her shoulder, looked more lost and overburdened than anyone in the room. Slade shook his head slowly, and turned back to Kai. He was so angry at Hezza that his pain had numbed, and his brain, rather than his heart, was steering him now.

"There are always two sides to every story," he cooed, once again peering over his shoulder to Hezza. "Right?"

Last edited by ashlemo; 06-05-2012 at 12:33 AM..

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 AM

Tears were streaming down Hezza's cheeks, knowing there was no way to possibly defend herself. She had tried so hard to hide all the things she'd been in the past because she had meant to change when she'd met Rion and then Slade... Hezza had been trying to to change for them. For Slade. But there was no way she could deny what had been said without pushing them farther away now.

She slowly lifted her head, meeting Slade's blue eyes with her dark eyes. She did not cry, but she could not keep the tears back. Her lips pursed a bit, then she spoke. "I won't hold back anything anymore... I am what he says." Her eyes closed and her head bowed again.

Kai laughed, clapped his hands and jumped a little in the chair, like a giddy child on Christmas. "Ah," he said, wiping a tear of laughter from his eyes with the ball of his hand, "it's so nice to hear her actually tell the truth for once, really. I mean, I honestly didn't think she was capable of it."

Clearing his throat, he stood and straightened out his shirt with a small tug. "So now, Hezza and I will be leaving now. I'm sure you two won't mind that, hm?"

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 AM

Rion couldn't speak. He tried; he even opened his mouth and tried to form his lips, but the sound wouldn't come out. He struggled with himself for a moment, but ultimately gave up. He thought about what he was trying to force himself to say, but the thoughts wouldn't come clear. He wanted so much to reassure Hezza, but couldn't find the words. He couldn't even reassure himself. Perhaps his body was saving him from spewing random phrases and sounds. For that, he was momentarily grateful. He stayed quiet, listened, and sighed. He pushed his hair back behind his ears, where it belonged, and looked up at Kai and Hezza. That was when Kai said he'd be leaving with Hezza. Rion's head shot up, and his posture straightened. His eyes narrowed, and his lips tensed. What??

"What.." he started quietly. "Why do you need Hezza?" he glanced wildly at Slade, then back at Hezza.

~~

When Slade had given Hezza the chance to explain herself, or even mention the situation, she wrote it off. Slade backed away, he didn't want to stand between the siblings any longer. He didn't even want to be in this situation any longer. He just shook his head in disappointment, thinking of all of the things Kai said and Hezza (kind of) admitted to. She had done this before, started a project, roped people in, and then left them. What did that mean for him?
Whose heart did she break before?
Slade took a hard look at Rion.
Whose hearts had she broken?
Slade still didn't understand who Hezza was or where she came from, and he finally realized that she didn't intend for him to. He realized that he would never actually know her. Slade stuck his hands in his pockets, and stared at the floor.

Until Kai announced his intention to leave with her. Slade's head perked up, but, unlike Rion, he stayed silent. He had nothing to say anymore. He had given her chances. He wouldn't again.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 AM

This was it. All she had been trying to keep away, had struck her and Hezza couldn't fight it off now. She let her tears fall and let the pain she felt show in her eyes. The only thing she had left in her power was make her leave as painless as she could make it.
Hezza stumbled slightly, trying to get herself away from her boys, out of their hair and out of their hearts; her legs felt like lead but she moved until she stood in front of Kai. Her head remained bowed; she did not give into her heart and look back at Rion or Slade. She wanted to take them with her, but that was selfish. They deserved better.

Kai placed his hands on Hezza's shoulders, gripping them, and grinned over his sister's head. "Hezza's been away from home far too long. It's time she returned home and went back to her work." This had been much easier than Kai had expected. He struggled to hide the doubt he felt from his face; something was off about Hezza. She had never acted like this before. What on the earth was going on in her head?!

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 AM

Rion came forward, passing Slade, who remained stunned and still. He took Hezza's hand.
"You can't just go!" he said, finally raising his voice. "Why do you have to leave? You're not even going to look at us, after all of this?"
He released her hand, and shot both of his hands into the air.
"How could you start this and leave?! How could you pull both of us into this and then leave?"
Rion vigorously shook his head, then let his arms fall back to his sides. His fists were curled into tight balls, the veins on the backs of his hands blue and prominent.

His teeth were clenched. He didn't know what else to do or say.

~~

Slade didn't say a word. He saw the confusion in Kai's face, but didn't question it. There was no use in questioning anything anymore. Hezza was leaving. This woman, this girl he didn't even know. She was leaving, and that was it. He'd miss the woman he'd shared so much with, but she didn't exist in the first place. As Hezza neared Kai, Slade turned his face away. His eyes met Rion's as his friend jogged past him to grab onto Hezza. Slade still refused to look. He felt the pain in Rion's voice in his own chest. There was nothing for him to say.

Except: "Let her go, Rion."

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 AM

Hezza shut her eyes tight, trying to block out the world, block out Rion's sadness and Slade's numbness. More tears spilled down her cheeks, leaving reddened streaks. She had tried to do good, and failed. She was just like them, she was born to the family it only made sense. No good came from them. As if waiting for his permission, as Slade spoke, Hezza moved.

The young woman lifted her chin, looking straight over Kai's shoulder she pushed past her brother, out through the doors and made her way towards the front doors of the manor. No more lying; no more lying to herself. She wasn't capable of love. Kai reminded her of that. Just as he had done years ago with Thomas.

Kai watched his sister leave, then turned back to Slade and Rion. He gave a curt nod and another smirk. "Well, boys. Enjoy what's left of your lives. Really, you'll be glad to be rid of her. You'll be grateful I came some day." He followed his sister out, not worried that she'd try to run. He could tell she'd lost her will, at least for the time being, to try and run. He scowled, lowering his chin. He didn't care if the bitch cried, though. It might have been a little funner if she had tried to resist this. She deserved to suffer, after what she had done... abandoning him in hell...

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 AM

Rion stood there, stunned, as Hezza walked away. She was cold. Frigid. She didn't even look at him. She didn't say goodbye. She left him alone. He'd gone outside of himself and spoke up, as she had always encouraged him to do, and she left. She might as well have spat in his face. Rion's nose wrinkled, as if she had, and his shoulders tensed as his head dropped. He sulked. Rion's fists were still clenched. It felt as though his blood was boiling inside of his veins. He felt the veins on his neck protrude. Tears rolled down his face. She didn't even tell them where she was going!

Slade stared at his old friend as Hezza walked away from him. He saw Rion's shoulders bobbing, as if he were sobbing quietly to himself. He walked up to Rion, and placed his hand on his shoulder.
"It'll be fine, Rion," he said, lying through his teeth. He had no idea what he'd do if Hezza left.

Rion tensed even more as he felt Slade's hand land on his shoulder.
"Who do you fucking think you are?" Rion shouted, turning to Slade. He heard the front doors open. "She's leaving, because you're pretending to be an apathetic asshole!"
Rion reared back his fist and slugged Slade in his smug face. He hoped his 'friend' would fall. He hoped he knocked him out.

Slade's eyes opened wide as his friend yelled at him. He'd never even heard Rion raise his voice. As Rion turned to him, Slade shook his head. He parted his lips to reply to him, but Rion had gotten his wish. Slade fell against the floor.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 AM

Hezza paused, just outside the door, to stare out over the hill at the city she'd helped raise. She felt as if her heart were swelling, she felt so much pride with her beautiful city. Hezza glanced up at the manor and again, felt that swelling warmth. So, perhaps this was love in some way? She had no way of really knowing. What she had felt with Rion and Slade, the life she had built here with them. The life she had had with Thomas... maybe she had never really loved any of them, but they were the closest she'd ever have to love.

She didn't want to go back, though. It was impossible to stay here and be safe; if she resisted now, Kai might harm Slade and Rion. There was no way she would risk hurting them in that way... but maybe there was a way she could have them still.

As Kai joined her outside, Hezza turned on her toe and marched back inside. Kai's jaw dropped as she flew past him and it took him a moment to react.

"Where are you going?!" he snarled, rushing after her.

She burst back into the room, her shoulders squared. "Rion, Slade... go pack a bag." She stopped short as soon as she saw Slade in a crumpled heap on the floor. Her mouth hung open slightly and she was about to say some not-so-nice things to the man standing over Slade, but she stopped herself. She had no right to judge.

"Rion," her voice soft and she moved to gently place her hand on his shoulder, "help me get Slade up and then go pack a bag..."

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 06-05-2012 at 02:38 AM..

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-05-2012, 02:43 AM

Rion, knuckes red and sore, stared at Slade. He almost couldn't believe what he had just done, but a piece of him knew it had to be done. His eyes still upon him, he heard footsteps. He didn't bother looking away from Slade, who was still sprawled across the tile. He waggled his wrist, and sighed as he looked at Slade's bloody lip. He snapped out of it when he heard Hezza's voice; by this time, he was too irritated to respond. When he felt her hand on his shoulder, he tensed, just out of reaction.

"Who do you think you are, Hezza?"

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 AM

That was a hard question to answer, but Hezza couldn't ever recall being asked that before. It was about time, though. It was time she told the truth... if she was ever going to figure out this love thing. She stared at him a moment, searching his face. With an exhale, she said "I'm Hezza Sirius. I come from a small town far north of here. I have three brothers and two sisters; and we're just pawns in our father's game." Her voice shook as she took a weak breath. "I didn't want to loose you or Slade... so I hid my true past from you... I thought you would never trust me if you knew about my family." A strangled, bitter laugh escaped her throat. "I was wrong. But will you please... come with me? "

ashlemo
ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 06-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Rion stared at Hezza hard and long, and he glanced back at an irritated-looking Kai. His demeanor had changed ten-fold as he stood with a hardened scowl on his face, fists hardly any more relaxed than when he'd punched Slade, and his brow sloped forward. He was sick of this. He had done nothing but devote all of his time to Third City and Hezza, but he knew nothing of her or this city. He finally realized how much in the dark he was... and how long Hezza had kept he and Slade there. He felt more betrayed and angry than he'd ever had before.

"You misunderstand my question, Hezza," said, rather quietly. "You have had so many chances to tell us who you are. I'm asking who do you THINK you are, turning to leave us, leave Third City, and then come back and act like we'll want to follow you?"

He snapped his shoulder away from her, and turned away. "I have always been the second to you. I have done everything in my power to help you and to make you happy, but you're stuck on Slade. You're stuck on yourself." He finally faced her, over his shoulder. "Why would I follow you into something else? You're already leaving Third City behind. What happens when you're bored with me?"

He begun ascending the stairs. "I will not follow you into the dark again, Hezza Sirius. I have a duty to these people that someone has to uphold." He reached the top of the stairs. Rion realized Slade's eyes were open. "I am sorry, friend."

~~

Slade had been awake since Hezza had attempted to explain herself, but hadn't had the chance to say anything. Even if he'd had the chance, he didn't have the slightest idea what to say. Slade pushed his hair out of his face, wiped his lip free of the blood that stained it, and turned to look at Rion as he spoke. The usually soft-spoken Rion had taken charge of the conversation. Slade was surprised, but realized that he was nodding along with his friend. Slade, toward the end of Rion's soliloquy, propped himself up on his elbows, and watched him walk up the stairs.

Slade still had no idea if he was going to follow her. Should he?

"I understand," Slade said, grunting as he stood. "Good on you, Rion."