Banned

Old 07-27-2007, 05:43 PM

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-27-2007, 05:48 PM

MENEWSHA SUMMER CARNIVAL 2007Roleplay
  • WELCOME!

The Carnival! Such a place of wonder and extravagance! The array of colors and costumes, the gentle wafting aroma of overcooked food, the streaming crowd of people traveling in every which-way around the various booths and tents. Indeed, this was a sight for all to behold - The Menewshan Summer 2007 Carnival! The din of the crowd reaches a fever pitch as entertainers traverse the grounds, all dressed in a myriad of exotic guises.

An individual confidently strolls up to you, beaming and bowing politely, his somber-looking clothing randomly dotted with what appear to be dried blotches of ketchup and mustard - all of which he attempts to hide as he speaks to you.

"My humble welcome to our Carnival." He says, happily, his posture suggesting his use to more formal events.

Looking away, you gaze around, seeing familiar faces who wave to you excitedly. The scent of cuisine, some familiar, some foreign meets your senses, and you begin to hunger.

All over merchants, entertainers, and a strangely shady character in a trench-coat attempt to garner your attention. Cotton Candy catches your eye, then a stand selling adorable lion and tiger dolls. Further down the way, a mass of rides and games present themselves to you.

The formally dressed individual catches your attention once more.

"My name is Gabriel, I'll be one of your hosts for this event." He smiled once more, shifting nervously to cover the informal stains that dot his outfit. "I do not wish to keep you, so I'll direct you on past me to the festivities!" With a final bow, he allows you to pass.

A sign rests against the wall, indicating the event in big proud lettering 'MENEWSHA CARNIVAL!'

With a deep breath you enter the crowd, and begin your adventure...
  • THE CO-HOST - GABRIEL

My dear Menewshans, welcome to the Menewsha Carnival RP Thread! This is the official thread for roleplay during the Carnival event.
I am your co-host Gabriel, you might have seen me around. I tend to be more of a lurker than anything, but I tend to spend time in the Fresh Meat, and Information Desk. I joined back in March, and fell in love with Menewsha's wonderful community. If I can assist you with any questions you have for the RPing section, please feel free to PM me.

Have fun!!!

Please note:

To avoid confusion, a canonical time-frame for the hours of the day has now been set. For this particular event, the Carnival RP will be set in Pacific Standard Time. (PST) which is [Seven] Hours behind Global Standard Time (GST) This will mean that the time of day will follow suit with that time zone, (Morning, day, afternoon, night, etc)

I understand that Menewsha is accessed by people all over the globe, but we had to decide on one set time zone, so that there could be a morning/day/night for people to interact in, and PST was suggested by someone other than me.

I checked with our staff about this and sincerely apologize if this inconveniences anyone. Thank you all very much.

=============

For the sake of reference, here's a nifty link! ((Thank you to Flink for showing me this.))

Current time in California, thusly PST

What time it is there, will directly reflect the time it is right now during the Carnival RP.

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 PM

• THE CO-HOST;; LILIM

Let me introduce myself and fishie before I get too carried away. I'm Lilim and this is Surfago. I've been here on Menewsha since May 22, 2007. Everyday I wish I found this place sooner. I cannot get over how fast this place is growing but how close we all are. It's like one big happy family. I've found nothing but kindness. Almost I did find Mikey >.> He's sweet when he wants though ♥

I often hide in the Exchange, Chairty, Quest, and Art forms, I'm one of the owers of a small charity for newbies called Baskets Of Luff. Ee-chan is a big part of the chairty he gives away art and items to questers. oOo and who can forget my dearest Honeysuckle, she buys and gives items out to two lucky newbies once a week. I hope you'll stop by some day and say hi or sell us some items in our exchange thread

This is so exciting to be part of the summer event. I cannot wait to see what all is in store for us. If you have any questions about the RP feel free to PM me or my Co-host Gabriel.

Now onto the rules!!
  • RULES AND GUIDELINES
  • Follow the main event thread rules at all times, located here
  • As this is a roleplay thread, please try to stay in (Menewshan) character at all times; taking note of the setting, carnival and events (as well as other characters and interaction around you). Stay in IC as much as possible, save OOC (( )) for another thread.
  • Try and remain literate, it's much more interesting to be imaginative and creative when roleplaying.
  • Godmodding is not permitted under any circumstances.
  • RP must not influence or promote the use of drugs/alcoholism or anything such as that - keep it PG13.
  • Why is Tuba not hosting this event? Originally, she was supposed to, but unfortunately - due to personal circumstances Tuba has been unable to.
  • But overall, have fun! Happy roleplaying.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-27-2007, 06:36 PM

With a confident smile, Gabriel strode along the freshly trampled paths between the stalls, making note to avoid the more...messy areas.

He sighed, a hint of disappointment as he gazed over his beautiful outfit. Why he had chosen such formal wear was beyond him, as it already had the stains of a rogue hot-dog collided with him earlier that day. Was it his fault that he happened to be in the midst of a heated debate over which of two blue creatures was more preferred?

"Ah well...at least they're not too bad." He murmured as he shifted his sash to hide over the stains as best it could.

He was happy to be here, and enjoyed watching the joy of all the people around him. Small children ran around giggling merrily as the large form of a whale-cow mascot stepped out from the shadows and was swarmed by the children with glee.

He began to wonder where his Co-Host was, when he spotted something that stood out to him.

Approaching the building with interest, he read the display sign. 'Welcome to the house of Mirrors.'

"OOH!" He exclaimed with glee. "Now THIS should be an entertaining show."

Without another thought, he entered the building and disappeared from the outside world's view.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM

Suteki walked into the carnival area, pushing past the crowds. "It just started and yet there is such a crowd," Suteki thought, sighing.

She was already starting to feel hot, despite haven barely left home. "Why on earth did I wear pants here anyways? I'll be burning up later..." she muttered.

There were booths everywhere, and she noticed flocks crowding around a raffle booth and the main tent. "I don't want to go there, apparently..."

"There should be some fun games somewhere..." she thought, trying to see above other peoples' heads at various signs. "Maybe I should just find some friends around here; I'm sure someone I know is here."

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 PM

"Gosh...i give up!" she gasped, falling backward to rest against a stall's wall. Sun had already started to partake in the Treasure Hunt, and having found one, had charged off in search of another find. She was hapless though, and had rushed off with little more than a glance at her chosen clue. She was now well and truley confounded.

Cheeks flush with colour from her furious darting around, she took the oppertunity whilst catching her breath, to look about. She could see many stalls and a large roundabout some distance off. Already there was a crowd of egar and excited Menewshans rushing about.

"Pfft, why, oh why did i have to wear the most leg restricing skirt i could find?" she sighed with disdain, looking down at it. "Mostlikley because it's the only one you've got." answered the voice in her head, that shared her voice.
The smell of food was starting to fill her nose cavities, and while she wasn't a fan of the foodstuffs that would be here, it tantalised her all the same.
"Heck, there might just be candy floss...." she excited herself more than is healthy at this thought, and struggling not to fall over as she brushed herself down, and pulled the heels of her shoes out of the holes they had made for themselves, in the fresh looking grass, blotched with mud.

"Right, we'll get back to that treasure hunt later. Away to the candy floss!" she said to herself, stalking away towards a the origin of the food smells, a large grin upon her face.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 PM

===Twenty-four hours later===

"I swear, I got lost is all. LOST."

Gabriel re-emerged from the house of mirrors, arguing with himself over the fact that he spent more than of a day in a single building...thusly negating his duties as a host.

He shifted uncomfortably noting his hunger. Of course, his hunger would mean he'd have to brave the food court to silence it. The food court...the enemy of his well-dressed existence.

"Hmph...Children and their food fights...Who am I to care if they think Scarves are better than sashes??"

He nervously adjusted his collar and sighed. "I am hungry. And I WILL GET FOOD!" He took a step forward just in time to see the Whale-Cow Mascot's head collide with a flying bowel of ramen.

Eyes widened in horror, Gabriel could only add quietly;
"...right after I err...visit a few friends first."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Aliena walked through the carnival, happily munching on her funnel cake that she had picked up near the main tent. Ah, this is heaven! she thought as she savored the sweet flavor. It was a rather warm day, so she was glad she had dressed so comfortably. She scanned the crowds, hoping to spot some friends when her eye landed on a building marked "House of Mirrors."

Shoving the rest of the funnel cake in her mouth, she walked slowly to the entrance and paused. For some reason, she had always found these Mirror Houses creepy! But at the same time, it might be fun and could at least spark some sort of story idea in her head for when she got home and had nothing to do. Damsel gets lost in the House of Mirrors and finds herself transported to another world...Handsome, popular young stud enters the House of Mirrors and sees his worst fears reflected back...Evil clowns jump out at unsuspecting carnival-goers, locking them within the House of Mirrors, there to wander for all eternity...

"Ah yes! Plenty of inspiration to be had from an attraction like this one!" she grinned and took a step inside.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 07:41 PM

Star Valo walked timidly around the carnival, Not used to being in places such as this on her own, She glances round looking for some kind of familiar face.

Unable to find one, she sighed and sat down, casually on a bench not far from the Ferris wheel.

Resting her head in her hands, Star glanced around once more, before moving one hand to fiddle absent-mindedly at the hem of her "Hell" jacket

Tucking stray strands of hair behind her ear she glanced around once more.

"Why?" she muttered "Why did i come on my own? I could have asked others couldn't I?"

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 07:50 PM

"RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!! I'M ONE OF THE HOSTS!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

Gabriel bolted from the chaos that was now the food-court, erupted in yet another food fight between people who had less than 100 gold, and people who had more than 100.73 gold. The real reason of the fight, seemed to be that the Corn-Dog that he so clung to as he fled, had been his at a "discount", not realizing the venders would turn against him if he so mentioned something about not having enough gold to pay for said Corn-Dog.

He peeled away, sash trailing in the tail wind, as he flew across the grounds, choosing to take shelter near the faris wheel. Sparing a glance back, he found none of his assailants following him anymore.

"Hah, I lost them!" He gasped out, just in time to realize he was still running...right smack into a bench with a lone girl sitting on it.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:52 PM

As her nose followed the speedily diffusing food particles her feet were talking her to firmer ground. She had seen a few faces but knew none of them to talk to really, sue to her lurking tendancies.
She was left hoping that perhaps she might meet some new people here.

She had travled about 10 meters by the time this thought had ticked over in her mind, and was now approaching the food courts. Had hadn't expected there would be squabblings over food, but it seemed youngsters were outdoing her expectations.
She slowed to a mere stroll, hesitant to approach, for fear of slipping on something. Yet bags of plump candy floss were calling to her from the other side, swying hopefully on their pegs.
"Oh..." as indisiseve as she was, her decision was made up pretty quickly. she would cross, around the edges.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Star Yelped in surprise and jumped out of her daze as a man ran right into her and the bench she was sitting on

She leapt from her seat and span round watching as the man went into the bench and slid onto the floor after the what looked to be, a painful collision

"Oh my, Are you all right?" She asked looking at him from her now standing position next to the bench "you ran full speed into that"

Star adjusted her jacket slightly before holding out her hand to help him up

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Gabriel, still in the process of seeing pretty stars, shakily took her hand and assistance.

"Oh my...are you alright?" He asked, a tone of genuine concern in his voice.

"I apologize...I had no clue you were there."

He recognized her. Not as someone he knew, parsay, but as someone who he had seen before.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Tottering as quickly as she could, using her Order scepter to push aside food debris on the floor, and to defend herself from airbourne propelants, she had made it unscathed to the iscream stall where her real treasure dangled infront of her. Tucking her scepter under her left arm, she reached up with the other and squeezed open the peg.
the bag was then caught and the exchange of gold for food began.
"30 gold please miss."
A little fumbling with her scepter freed stated gold.
"Of course....here you go."
"Thanks."
The man thrust the bag out at her, and she took it away, skittering right around the other side of the food court.

Popping open the bag, replacing her scepter under her arm, she strlled along taking in yet more sights.
"There's a hall of mirrors!" Fond memories came back to her at the sight of it, and she having not intended to go anywhere special, made a beline for the Mirror Hall.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 08:06 PM

"I'm fine, it's you really that should be asked if you are all right, you ran into the bench" Star said smiling kindly

"Why were you running anyway?" Star said it without thinking, it was a question that has just dawned on her. Why was he running in the first place? This in itself caused many more questions to pop into her head, but she figured that if they made their way from her thoughts and out of her mouth, they may offend the poor man.

"I'm Star by the way" She added, feeling slightly rude having not introduced herself sooner

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 PM

"Ah, Star...what a beautiful name." He smiled kindly bowing. "I am Gabriel, it's an honor to meet you."

He nodded uncertainly at her question of why he had been running. He brought his hands up only to find the cracked-off-stick remains of his corn-dog. The rest had broken and flown to places unknown.

"I suppose we will never know why I was running now...rest in...something, my precious corn dog." he sighed, his gaze turning floor-ward.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 08:22 PM

Star couldn't help but giggle slightly at Gabriel's Short funeral-esque moment for his corn dog.

"Have you done much here?" She asked glancing over at a stand that was full of extravagant balloons and the many food stalls dotted around between various attractions.

Pulling slightly at the back of her jacket, a rather odd thought flashed through Star's mind
Why am i wearing this?
Well why not? was her own reply, in her mind

She shook her head slightly hoping she hadn't gone off into a daze again, She often did that and it caused people to have a rather strange, and low, opinion of her

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 08:25 PM

The Hall of Mirrors was a magical place, or so it seemed to her. "I'll take...the right." she whispered to herself. She had always felt whispering was the correct tone to use in a place like this, for some reason.

Turning on her heel to follow the right hand passage. She smirked as she watched her reflection mutilate as she strode slowly along. Her hand took another dive into the candy floss bag, and found its way back to her mouth. She chewed, like a cow, munching the cud. As she did so, she became wide eyed, looking around, marveling at the softly changing coloured lights above.
Her hard staring was making her tired as she turned corners, unaware of where she was going to end up. She followed a rather small tunnel, to find herself at a larger viewing area, square shaped.

Leaning back against the mirrors behind her, she slid to the floor, which seemed to be a fluffy short haired carpet here. Almost suddenly her tiredness overwhelmed her, and her heavy lids closed.
And there she slept, propped up in a corner of the square, candyfloss in her lap and scepter at her side.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 08:27 PM

Gabriel snapped out of his own moment of sorrow to the present.

"Well, the time for grieving is over." He promptly took a step forward and sat on the bench, which amazingly still stood, as fine Menewshan carpenters had created it, and NONE could destroy one.

"As for me...I've not really done too much here, to be honest. I was recruited at the last moment, but was delighted to join of course. Who you must thank are the head-hosts who organized the event."

He yawned a bit and gestured for her to join him, noting her tendency to adjust the unique jacket she was wearing.

"My dear Star, might you offer me more information about yourself?" he asked happily, curious as of why he himself was wearing such warm clothing on a warm day as well.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 08:36 PM

Star sat back down next to Gabriel on the bench.

"More information on me?" She asked
"Well, I'm British...er..." She stopped, thinking through things she could say
"And that is really the only thing about me, I stink at introducing myself, I always need people to ask about me because i think little details like...I enjoy art and drawing, and have recently got top marks for an assessment piece, bore people"

She shrugged slightly and sighed

"I'm a boring person" She said grinning slightly, obviously not a boring person at all

"What about you? Am i getting any info on you?" she asked politely

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM

He stared at her for a moment before leaping from the seat in a noble pose.

"My name is Gabriel, I am an ANGEL, and I take it upon myself, as my noble and epic deed to protect the newbies of this land until they themselves may sprout wings for which they may defend themselves against the terror that is elitism!"

...in his mind it sounded so much cooler with the dramatic soundtrack playing...

Still holding his pose, he realized the moment was slowly growing more awkward.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Star watches as he leaps onto the bench and poses whilst delivering a speech, which he'd obviously rehearsed many times

A few moments after he finished, Star gazed at him with a deadly serious look on her face before slowly collapsing into fits of giggles

"So, how's that workin' out for ya?" she asked grinning, trying to hold back more giggles that wanted to make themselves known

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 08:51 PM

Jurupa Mae bolted upright in her bed. "The summer carnival! I almost forgot!" She tossed the covers aside and quickly got out of bed and headed to the shower. Today promised to be a great time and Jurupa Mae looked forward to funnel cake, cotton candy, and most importantly the RIDES! She hurriedly washed and got out to get dressed. She picked a beautiful purple dress and her favorite white boots. She brushed her hair out and pulled it back still wet and ran out the door.

She arrived at the carnival and ran toward it like a little kid. She stopped and smelled the air and took in the sites around her. She bought some cotton candy and tore in to it, her lips and tongue turning blue from the colored sugar. She began to wander in search of someone she knew.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Jelly sidles up behind Gabriel while he's trying to impress Star and pins the traditional 'kick me' sign onto his back

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Suteki sighed, tired, after exiting the Trivia tent. "That was hard..." Suteki said, rubbing her head. Her stomach growled. "I guess I should eat now, huh?" She said. She looked up, trying to see what was available.

Minutes later, Suteki had some funnel cake on a plate in her hand, and several types of candy in her pockets. "Not very nutritious, but oh well," She muttered, taking a bite.

"Now what..."

She looked up, seeing a sign. House of Mirrors, it read. "Might as well; this can't be too bad," Suteki said, walking inside the odd building.