Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2012, 07:56 PM

Ever experience something during the holidays that you will never forget? Made some fun and warm memories? Or did you have a bad year? Had anything embarrassing happen to you?

Now, this can be for any holiday. Christmas, New Year's, Valentine Day, Easter.. ect.

Share a memory, a experience, anything that has happened to you that you would like to tell us about.

I'll go first. :P

Lets see, when I was a child I would always watch those Christmas movies with my mother everyday. Those were always pleasant memories. I would snuggle up to her on the couch and just counted the days down until we would be up early and full of energy to open presents. My brother and I would always terrorize our parents early that morning after Santa had already came. x) I would go in there at 4 in the morning and wake them up. Ooh, they hated that, considering they were just up putting the presents under the tree. I was always told to go back to bed for a little bit or given a certain time to come back and wake them up. Boy, let me tell you, if I was given a time to come back and wake them up I would be there as soon as it was that time and not a second later. xD

Though one year for Christmas, my family didn't have a good time. That was the first Christmas right after my grandmother died. She had passed away a few months before and without her, we were all confused and upset during the Holidays. When she was alive, my parents and my brother along with my dad's side of the family would all go to her house and eat together. She was basically the one that put it all together. She cooked the best foods, bought everyone presents, arranged the times, games, anything that we did that day. And that year we were lost, without her we didn't know what to do. The family still got together, but it wasn't a good memory. Depressing, cold, and there wasn't any fun. That would be my worst Christmas.

Last edited by Velvet; 12-23-2012 at 08:00 PM..

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 AM

My favorite Christmases were a long time ago. It was back when my grandparents still lived in the same state (all of them have passed on now). We'd have the whole family together, and I'd get to open presents first at home, then later at my grandparents, and we'd have kind of potluck dinners where everyone brought a dish or a dessert, and my grandma would cook the mainstays.

I miss that, always will.

BUT, this has been a pretty good Christmas so far. I put up two trees, baked everything under the sun, and wrapped all the presents.

The Real Nikki
One more time to Pretend.
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki

Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 PM

This is my first Christmas without my great-grandmother, so I can see my grandma being really depressed. Which is fine, but she turns so dramatic about little things. So not looking forward to that.

But I'm excited to give my mom her gift. (:

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM

It wasn't fun at the time- and my parents hate/love how this is the memory my brothers and I share - but here it is

One year the whole family piled into the van and drove from PA to Florida for Christmas to spend it with my Grandparents. My Dad was driving and we were driving straight through - so about 18 hours of driving. When we were about 2 hours from our destination it started raining and my Mom and Dad got into a fight about my Dad's driving and the fight culminated with my Mom screaming at him "Merry F-ing Christmas BOB!"

And that is what we remember - Merry F-ing Christmas BOB! We yell it at each other sometimes around the holidays just to make my parents roll their eyes.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-25-2012, 02:24 AM

My favorite Christmas memories are when I was little, around four or five years old. We would spend the holidays stringing popcorn into a garland to put around the tree (which would then be put out for the birds after Christmas), and we'd fill up the house with all of my mother's music boxes. One after the other, mommy would wind them up for me and I'd twirl and run around in circles while the music played. Then my parents divorced and the music boxes stopped coming out.

The only thing that has stayed constant is The Nutcracker. I had the VHS as a kid and watched it all the time, and NOW because my cousins' ballet school puts on a Nutcracker production every year, I get to go see it on stage. It's the number one thing I look forward to every holiday season. :)