Nightmaren
A Simple Neglectable Oddity

Old 05-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Welcome to Halieu, the Hollow City.
Once a thriving, blossoming city, Halieu was the center of trade in its lands. A railroad track ran through its center, and it lay beside a river that ran straight to the ocean and a port that the city bought. The people there were rich, and the city in turn was beautiful. Marble steps led to the doors of many, with ornate banisters, windows, and doors looking to the streets that filled themselves with horses.
But, rather suddenly, the residents seemed to vanish, or at least most of them. When people moved in, they reported sightings of ghouls and monsters, fleeing the city in fear. As the ages went by, only the fancy buildings were left reminder to the flourishing city as the now poor rested starving and diseased in gutters and alleys.
Now, people moved to the nicknamed 'Hollow City', as a pun to its name, to live when they needed cheap housing, living in manors if they could stand the filth around them and the tales of horrid things. Sometimes, people even came out of curiosity, to try to find evidence of what turned such a brilliant city into a heap in the matter of months.
The city's layout is this. The main gate is to the north, a brilliant and giant iron display guarded by two statues of what seemed to have been lions at first. In the center is the railroad station, and the main market. To the northwest and west is the general housing, where the more average used to and now most of the poor live crowded. Separated by a river to the southwest are the manors, where the more fancy people are. The buildings are looted, save for some large ones closer to the south, untouched because of the rumors of monsters that lay inside.

Forgot to label it, but the building by the market and directly next to the river is the Hospital, and supposed to be crossed off in red. Shall edit that later.

Here's how it works.
Don't be vulgar, swearing and romance is allowed, but no moderation.
This will have gore in it, at least when I roleplay, feel free to or not to use it.
Some time will pass, and it may take a few days or hours depending upon if I'm here or how much happens in the roleplay (Not going to change the time when you've only been having a short conversation if it passed a few days in real life) and I will in my post have a town crier shout out the time of day, like day or night. In the daytime, all but the Jail/Asylum and Cemetery are safe. At night, the houses marked with X and the area around the Jail/Asylum and Cemetery are dangerous.
There are monsters, humanoid but in altered appearance, such as one with an open ribcage for a mouth, or a loose, limp neck and long, twisted arms, in the red areas. If you encounter them, they can be killed, but simply don't make it too easy. You choose the appearance of the one you face. Know that they return after a few nights.
No godmodding. No instant kills, even if they are npc.
There are still human NPC's, if you make one I'll add it to the NPC list, as well as if you make a monster, I'll add it to that list.
Anyone can join, but if you want a job as, say, the Weaponsmith, or Jailkeeper, simply message me. Certain people such as those who work at the Cemetery, Hospital, or Jail/Asylum can go undetected around monsters usually, but they can be noticed.
Do make sure to message a description of them to me, and not just asking.
Why would that be something to know? If your character's one that is curious about the city, you could observe or have someone observe the creatures and go into the Jail/Asylum and find hints, supplies, and weapons, and medical supplies from the Hospital.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 02:25 PM ----------

City Folk:
An old beggar. Currently having a wonderful time being dead.

Monsters:
Vacant.

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 02:27 PM ----------

Those with Jobs:
Kyoki Faust: Undertaker/Asylum Inmate

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 02:53 PM ----------

Name: Kyoki Faust.
Description: Tall, with skin pale enough to remind someone of the moon, with long, unkempt white hair to match. Her clothes are dark, in this instance a long black hooded cloak, with an unbelted and torn straight jacket hidden underneath. Her pants seem leathery, and so do the long, belted black boots she wears, whose short square heels make a soft click when she walks on hard surfaces. Her long hair's overgrown bangs often hide odd eyes, though the odd purple shape around them can sometimes me visible between strands and on her nose bridge.
Personality: Morbid, and faintly manic, prone to laughter in the most inappropriate times. Easily swayed with her addiction to sweet things.

Kyoki Faust rested in the market, against the main road. Beggars dressed worse and some better than she lay across the streets, in cloaks and rags, but none with hoods as she. Young, emaciated children darted out, nearly missing a horse's hooves, and escaping an angry food merchant who just lost enough food to maybe feed one of the two. But food was valuable in this town. Or, for the poorer ones. For others, life was still easy in the left manor, where some family she never paid attention to were now living.
Her head turned lazily to the railroad station, a faint smile on her face as she remembered watching the train plow through one of them. Before then, she didn't know those things left such lovely splatters of a fine crimson and sanguine. Oh, but the people of this city ignored those things. As long as they stayed away, after all, they were fine.
Oh yes, she loved this city, and the delusions of the folk inside. But she had stopped talking about all that, because they'd just put her somewhere else now that she had broken out. Or, had she? She glanced at the building she leaned against, pressing her back to it more firmly. No, it wasn't padded. But then again, she was never sure. But to her, that only added to the fun.

Last edited by Nightmaren; 05-12-2013 at 11:20 AM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Name: Heidrik Orikson
Looks: Heidrik is quite tall and lanky, hair black and oily and reaching to around his jaw. The young man appears to be around 17, but it's quite hard to tell. His face is mutilated on his left side, the result of being knocked out in one of the...less savory parts of their little hellhole and waking up an hour or two after night had fallen. It was a true miracle he hadn't died. Coupled with the scars on his face are the terrible and jagged lesions in his left arm, kept closed by any wire and thread he managed to scrounge up. They never closed right and constantly reopened. His left hand is also mutilated, missing half of one finger while the rest seemed to have become infected from their wounds, causing the flesh near the tips to deflate and rot in some places. Despite now being clean and healed, they are still a mess to look at. The scars on his face consist of jagged lines cutting through his flesh, chunks of his lips missing to reveal blackened, bleeding gums and the teeth he took the time to file down a month or two after he healed completely. His neck also shows the signs of trauma, the line that cuts through it deep and nasty. He his nearly blind in his left eye. He wears a simple white shirt that shows it's age and the conditions in which he lived; mud-stained and covered in stitches from constant repairs. The same could be sad of his pants, brown and a tad tattered. There are a few dark dots that stain his shirt along the collar, though it is impossible to tell what could have made these little browinsh-red stains...what with all the mud.
Personality: Withdrawn and quiet, Heidrik usually keeps to himself and will not bother to seek out company. If he does end up in the presence of another it is not through any desire on his part. When he does interact he is usually curt and to the point, unwilling for it to drag on any longer than it should. Most people find his ragged, breathy, and gravelly voice a tad off putting and unpleasant. The more superstitious of the townsfolk consider him cursed and tend not to bother him for fear of being cursed themselves. His status as 'cursed' has made getting food in any legal sense a tad difficult, forcing him to do things most wouldn't even consider. There are quite a lot of bodies that don't get dragged off to be buried....

~~*~*~*~~

Heidrik snuffled lightly, hating how the dirt kicked up by those horses managed to agitate his nose the way they did. He hissed lightly as the perpetrator went past, maroon eyes narrowing lightly as he watched the children who almost got plowed scurry off into an alley. Poor little rats...probably won't make it for much longer. He could see the joints in the arms of the older looking one. Oh well. Better to die young than suffer long. He cast a glance to the food merchant before moving on his way, ignoring the beggars who begged for coin or food. They changed their tune when they saw his face, spitting at his feet and pulling their hands away. He chuckled lowly, dryly, the sound like claws scratching across dirt. They were funny little maggots the lot of them. Fickle.

He made his way lazily across the tracks, feet padding against the hot metal quickly. He shifted the little bag draped over his shoulder absently, making his way over to a water pump. He stopped and pulled out an old canteen from his bag, beginning the arduous task of pumping the dirty water that would surely be bubbling out into the beaten old can. He ignored any stares he got, ignored how the ones who believed in his 'curse' scooted away, the others just giving him a quick glance before moving on with their day. He especially made a point to ignore the white haired wench leaning against the wall of that building over there.

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 02:30 AM

Eyes hidden by the white hair flicked as the sound of footsteps neared, her head turning quickly, snapping to look at him much like a bird's head turned in sharp, angular motions to look at everything. She made note of his keen interest in being disinterested, and that caused the faint smile to curl into a full grin on the colorless face. Her feet brought her closer, leaning forward as she watched him begin to pump water from the old, rusted pump. Her chuckles sounded, as her hand simply raised, though not leaving the cover of her cloak, pointing in the south.
"People usually just go to the river for water, monsieur." She said, her voice odd, something not quite right about the way it flowed from her pale lips, just about the only things visible on her face. Her voice carried an odd accent, hints of French on some parts of her voice, and on other parts, perhaps sharper German, and sometimes, instead of the french R sound, depending on the next vowel, it was more reminiscent of Japanese. Either way, it made her words sound odd alongside her voice. "Though, perhaps a bit more to the west. You wouldn't want to near the Hospital. Or, actually, you may."
She shrugged, having no knowledge of what he would or wouldn't want. She wouldn't mind seeing those things again, but they never neared the market. Her hand reached from under her cloak, the white canvas fabric of a straight jacket torn by teeth to allow her hand freedom, sharp black nails tapping on the pump. "I'm fairly certain this doesn't work anymore. Unless someone fixed it and never told anyone." She said, watching the few drops that came from the pump.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 AM

Heidrik turned his head, eyeing her with his one good eye. Sharp little rat. He ran his tongue over his teeth, his eyes darting away for a second, one of the merchant's moving past them. He narrowed his eyes before turning his attention to her. He chuckled dryly, airily, as if the sound didn't pass his vocal chords correctly. "River'ss too far, moth," he hissed, giving another forceful pump before giving up and placing the still empty can back into his can. "Can't be sseen too much. Ssurely you can ssee through...that ssilly mat of hair." He waved his scarred hand at the amount of air on her face absently before waving at his face.

He gave another glance as one of the beggars seemed to stand and wander off, stumbling as he went. He narrowed his eyes, keeping his eyes on this one much longer than the earlier merchant. This homeless waif was on his way out. Anyone could see that. He hummed in his throat before casting a glance at her again. She was a knowing little rat he could see it in that wretched grin. "If you'll....excusse me. I hhave to go find another...pump." He shifted his bag again before trudging off, feet padding silently. He caught sight of the beggar man making his way shakily down an alley, off to who knows where. He ground his teeth, casting a quick glance back. If he did this right...he'd probably eat for at least week. He just needed to make sure the little moth didn't see him.

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM

"Yes, I can see. A scarred face like that isn't much compared to the pretty little things I lay to sleep under a six foot blanket." She said, watching him as he excused himself, and began to make his way off. Her head tilted, a light chuckle escaping her pale lips. "If it's being seen you worry about, the Hospital is never visited. You'd have a lovely time there, you know. The only ones who venture near are desperate. And the river is close enough." She said, her head angling to him as he began to walk away, her hidden eyes burrowing into the back of his head.
Oh, he was the first newcomer in awhile. She wasn't going to let him wander off that easily. He was the only interesting thing besides Them, and he, well, he could speak.
Her footsteps casually followed him, without the intent of being hidden, no, she didn't care too much about that. Her smile was wide on her face, as she followed. "Besides, if you do find a working pump, some beggars or poor probably claimed it, and would be willing to fight to keep the last bit of water for themselves." She said, shrugging. "Or there may be one in the eastern commons, Monsieur. People don't go there much either."

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2013, 06:48 PM

Heidrik gave her a backwards glance, huffing through his shredded lips in annoyance. "I'm not going back to the hosspital moth," he hissed, absently bringing his shredded arm closer. "Tried that oncce..." His tongue darted out as he moved down an alley, blinking about. The waif had gone down here but Heidrik had no idea which way he turned down. He cast quick glances down each branching path, only stopping when he saw the man stumbling further down the path. He cast another glance at the woman following him, grinding his teeth. He was not letting the waif get away but if he did this while she was here who knows how she'd react. She didn't seem stable in the slightest but that didn't mean that she was up for something like this. "Look...could you leave me alone?" he rasped, maroon eyes narrowed at her in annoyance. "I don't...really apprecciate being followed..." He kept glancing down the back-alley, unwilling to lose the stumbling man just yet. Or anytime soon really.

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 PM

"You haven't tried this hospital. Lovely guests there, but no staff, and no one that would be interested in you. Or, I suppose they could be hungry." She said, but what she said caused her to pause, stopping following him rather abruptly, staring off. "I wonder... do they eat? The little sleepers were torn apart, but most of the parts were still there... Albeit not intact... " When he spoke, her head turned to him, smile faded for a moment. "Nor would I, but I was followed for quite some time. So I had to get out of the cemetery. Only return when I have work. They like following my laughter, you see~" She chimed, her odd voice making a melodic tone, but not one you would compliment or find soothing.

Her head angled to the side, and looked past him, her smile returning slowly. "Are you a robber, or a killer, I wonder? You've been following that little near-deaddie. I don't think he'd make much for a funeral, but I do love putting them in holes. You know, I never had dolls, nor memory of childhood. So I get to play dress up with the dead to make up for that, I suppose!" She laughed lightly, smile wide on her face, filled with amusement at that comparison, of a child dressing up their own parents' corpses in beautiful clothes that only dolls got.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 PM

Heidrik groaned lightly, lip twitching. "Hhow do you think...thiss happened?" he hissed, waving at his face. "Those...thingss aren't the most hosspitable...hosstss." He turned to watch the man as the woman rambled, watching as he tripped and stumbled. Still had some muscle on him. Just a bit, but it was there. He wasn't all bone and skin yet. He turned to look back at the woman when she mentioned him being a killer, an eyebrow raising. Close enough he supposed. Though this one wouldn't really get a funeral if he managed to do this. Not at first anyway. This little one wasn't stable. Not in the slightest. "I...guesss..." he hissed, shifting his bag. He decided it best to just ignore her. No one would believe her anyway, not with the way she rambled and acted. It would be hard to believe anyone would. He moved quietly, feet padding quietly on the hard, dirty stone. He had a knife in his bag. The knife would make it quick.

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 PM

Her head snapped to watch him, smile spreading with a slightly more manic edge, only faintly. "Oooohh, that explains it. How fun. Did you like your stay?" She asked, chuckling as she watched him follow the 'deaddie' as she called him. Oh, she didn't think the old beggar would be alive much longer at all. She followed lightly, and made a comfortable enough seat on a pile of refuse that always accumulated in the allies.
"A murderer indeed. Do have fun, won't you? And perhaps make it a nice display. The crimson always paints the alleyways so beautifully at night, so make i glisten in the bit of daylight that still peeks out." She said, resting her head in her hand and watching like a mother would idly watch her child play with others, rather bored until they actually do something worth her time. Of course, the affection that a mother would have for their child was obviously absent in her gaze.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2013, 09:42 PM

He made a breathy noise as a response, speeding up slightly. He heard her footsteps cease and silently thanked whatever even cared. But she wasn't gone he could still hear her talking. Told him to have fun. To paint the walls. He supposed he could do that. The man let out a surprised yelp when Heidrik slammed into him from behind, turning him and pinning him agaisnt the wall quickly. The man was beginning to struggle now, weakly. It didn't take much to hold him. Heidrik moved quickly, one hand darting into his bag and pulling out an old looking knife, banged up and but still sharp. He lifted his hand and, with a breathy hiss, he plunged it down in a tight arc, the blade entering the struggling man's shoulder with a sickening thud. The man gaped, mouthing for air like a fish, before he went limp, sliding down and leaving a slight crimson trail on the stonework. Heidrik removed the blade, narrowing his eyes. There was a pang in his belly and he hissed, feeling his mouth beginning to water from the thought of actually eating. He cast the woman a quick glance before, with an almost animal-like snarl, he lunged, teeth filed to a point sliding easily into the raw flesh, filling his mouth with blood. With a sharp tug he removed the chunk of shoulder, chewing messily before swallowing, licking the blood from his chin before going in for another bite. He felt the familiar weight of food in his gut. He wasn't going to stop now.

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 10:16 PM

Her eyes remained on him, watching him hunt the poor little fool. The beggar had no chance. Then again, he never had a chance in this city either way. The man would have starved, been mugged for his clothes, or eaten by something else. Either way... his end was better because she saw it. She looked at the red smear, a faint frown on her face. She was hoping for a tad more, seeing as there was plenty of blood to spa-
Her thought was cut off, replaced by a manic grin, as she watched him begin to devour the pathetic beggar. Her chuckled gently left her lips, as she slipped forward, but not close enough to even appear to wish to interrupt. "Aaahhh, much more interesting than I'd thought..." She said, watching him as one would a caged animal. Or, as an animal would look at a crippled human, with the intent of a hunter but without the hunger that would cause an attack.
"I wonder if they eat like that... I haven't seen any for long enough around their little hunts. Either way, you remind me of them. Just not nearly as twisted." She chuckled, remembering the one that looked like its upper half was snapped around backwards. Oh, that twisted comment was serious, not at all a simple description.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM

It didn't long for Heidrik to get full, the beggar's shoulder practically stripped, a few chunks even missing from his thin arm. He reached for his blade, dropped and forgotten at his side, and began to cut, removing chunks of what muscle there was and placing them in his bag. He was glad he managed to get a few layers of treated leather in there. Didn't want the blood seeping out and causing a ruckus. He took as much as he could, finally turning the man over and, with a few grunts and cracks, ripped open his chest and cutting free the heart. He took a long look at it before placing it in his bag with the rest of his catch. There wasn't really much else worth taking. The other organs. He absently wiped at his mouth with his bandaged arm, taking a long look at his clothes. There was a good amount of blood seeped into the fabric now. It would be a pain getting back to his little hole without causing suspicion. Maybe he could chalk it up to agitating his scars...

He turned his head sharply when she spoke, blinking at her before letting out a hissing breath and relaxing slightly. He...reminded her of those things? He let out a hissing chuckle at that, sliding his bag over his shoulder. "Hha...ssuppose that doesn't sshock me. They call me...curssed after all...call me a monsster," he wheezed, moving back down the alley toward another branching path. He needed to make himself scarce. This was his first fresh kill in a while and he wasn't sure if anyone heard his frenzied eating. Other than the little rat that was following him like a freshly hatched duckling.

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 PM

"My, a monster is a tad harsh. Well..." She glanced at the corpse, mutilated and bloody, and let out a sudden laugh. "Well, not that type of monster. The ones who called you so, have they only heard of the lovely beasties, or have they seen them?" She asked, slipping to her feet, picking up the corpse daintily by its hands, which were free of blood. "You could make it look like them. The body is usually a bit worse. I mean, I've seen-" Her story was cut off as she noticed he had been moving away, slipping after him. And slipping was a good word, considering her feet didn't make much noise as she traveled, or not much more than her usual walk.

"You are somewhat reminiscent of them, however. Like stories of werewolves make them seem wolfish, but still humanoid. And they're already humanoid." She said, her head tilting as she followed him. His description was quite accurate, that of a duckling. She got annoying to many rather quickly. She had been beaten for various reasons, such as stalking and telling some of her stories to children, and leading people into the infested areas. After all, they didn't seem to notice her as easily, since she had been around them quite awhile, in her Cemetery. But they still noticed her laugh with ease.

"How long has it been since you've seen one, I wonder?" She asked, smiling as usual.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2013, 11:19 PM

Heidrik shrugged, moving down a narrow walkway, the narrow space between two buildings. "Don't know. Don't really care," he hissed, glancing back at her. Still following close. Great. "Sstarted calling me a monsster before...thiss." He motioned to his bag, heavy and filled with meat. "Refused to ssell me food...had to improvise." He licked his teeth as he turned again, sighing as the sounds of the main market began to drown out. They'd hit the main road again soon but he was sure he'd be able to cross with little trouble. He didn't respond to her werewolf comparison, only glancing back for a moment. When she asked about the last time he saw one, he growled in his throat. "Live closse to one. I think it'ss nesst is closse to where I ssleep....doesn't bother me much though."

Nightmaren

Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 PM

Her hidden eyes narrowed faintly with interest as he spoke, nodding gently. "Oh, indeed. I'm glad it wasn't just a delusion of mine that they don't bother those they've been around. Oddly enough, when I go elsewhere than where I've been around them, they still don't seem to mind much. A tad more so than my cemetery, but still." She shrugged lightly.
Her head tilted slightly as she watched him, following him still. "Is that where you're off to, your home? Or are you hoping to put out the interesting flame that causes this moth to follow you as it does?" She asked, with a faint chuckle, and a shrug.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 AM

Heidrik was silent, listening to her babble like the madwoman she obviously was. He gave her quick glances every now and then, shifting his bag on his arm. He cast an eye to the darkening sky, sighing through his nose. That thing was going to be up and about when he got home he was going to have to relinquish some of his catch to that thing to keep it from bothering him for the rest of the night. Thing was more like a dog than a monster. "Do what you like, I don't care," he huffed, giving her another backwards glance when they reached the main road. He stopped to give it a quick two way glance before starting his way across. "If you want to follow me, it'ss up to you. Jusst don't expect any hosspitality..."

Nightmaren

Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM

She followed, but hesitated on the road, as if by a paranoia. Her head glanced each way many times, to be certain that none was there, as if people were waiting to run her over. With how annoying she was, it came to little surprise, though no one was truly waiting. That was once, and they had missed, though the hooves of a horse rearing could be quite... memorable.
Her head looked to him, and she followed, smile spreading back on her face like a mouse might peek out of a hole, hesitant to appear to the world. "My, do you honestly expect me to believe you would be hospitable. There's the little game you played," She said, gestureing to the bag vaguely. "And then there's your absolutely curt attitude. By the by, may I see the little thing that lives near you?" She asked, smile widening further. Oh, they make her afraid, and she didn't like fear. But yet she couldn't help but be interested by those creatures, that looked like they were once humanoid.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 AM

Heidrik heard her feet stop their patter and, for the briefest of moments, he actually hoped she was leaving him alone. Until they started up again and caught up, crushing any sort of hope he had left that he would be able to go about his night in peace. For another brief moment he wondered if that thing would tear her apart. He had never had guests over and it rarely, if ever, strayed far from where he or it slept. It probably didn't see much of anyone else. He pushed the thought aside, hissing under his breath. He'd see how this played out. "I guess...by how low the ssun is it'll be up and about. I'll....hhave to feed it though. Getss pisssy if I don't and I've been away," he hissed, casting a quick glance upward. They reached the tracks for the second time that day, the young man crossing over quickly and without even look for the locomotive that came through every now and then. They had reached the Commons and it stank. Bad. He began to make his way down the street, what people who were out avoiding looking at him as he made his way along, heading toward the very farthest edge.

Nightmaren

Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM

The hidden eyes cast across the commons, a faint frown on her pale lips. It would have been nice, had there been some work commonly laid about for her to tend to. But those people, even in the decrepit place they were at, still looked alive enough."If you'd like to know, I'll be spending more interest in your 'tame' monster than you. So your night shall be your own." She said, after she crossed the tracks quickly. She thought it would be fun, but decided to pass being splattered like that one she saw.
She followed him, as he headed to the far edge, eyes peeled in what seemed to be excitement, and mingled fear, to see the creature. Oh, she drew them quite often, when she saw them at the Cemetery. Many were there, because of the large area. Or, perhaps, if they ate they ate the corpses there. He fed his, so she supposed it must eat. "Have you ever stopped to watch it eat? And what does it look like?"

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 AM

They reached Heidrik's little hovel just as the moon entered the sky, casting the street and the surrounding wilderness in a eerie glow. In truth, his home was originally a double apartment with two separate flats, but no one wished to live with 'cursed wretch' and so he was allowed both. He cast a look down the dirty street, humming at the woman's words before entering his home quickly. He could hear a soft skritching upstairs, a low groan rising in his throat. It had crawled through his bedroom window that disgusting thing. There was a shuffle and s crape before heavy thumping could be heard heading toward the stairwell. "Well...it knowss we're here..." he grumbled, setting his bag on a dusty end table and beginning to shift through it, searching for something satiate the beast when it came down.

There was a thud and scrape before a pair of beady, blood red eyes poked out from the stairwell, a low and clicking hiss escaping its blood-stained throat. Its body was long, eight feet at its full height with arms a tad long than its legs tipped in deadly claws about a foot long each; sharp and deadly and speckled with dried and fresh blood. Its body itself was thin, bony and almost starved looking. Bony white 'quills' jutted from its back and shoulders, bristling and twitching as it eyed the unfamiliar woman in its territory, near its property. It face was split open, needle-like sharp teeth slammed unevenly into its blackened and bleeding gums, what would have been its lips and cheeks shredded open by the deadly bones. A mat of hair clung to its head, tangled and slicked with blood and specks of gore. Its mouth opened a disgusting, long, purple tongue lolled out, swiping across its gore-stained face before sliding back into its mouth. It chittered, teeth clacking together noisily as beady eyes, rimmed in deep gray and veiny, looked between the two, uneasy. On edge.

((Ok so I had this nice long paragraph that described where he lives and another describing our lovely guest here but then my internet died when I hit submit and when I got it back up I learned the horrible truth that Menewsha ate it. It's gone. All that work. So yes sorry about the poor quality in this one I got frustrated and whipped this up instead.

Also love that little detail under the residents section up there. Brought a smile and a chuckle it did. U v U ))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 05-16-2013 at 07:01 AM..

Nightmaren

Old 05-17-2013, 09:16 PM

(I'm Glad it did. Apologies for not being on, but my laptop has a habit of not wishing to charge, and I have to share a charger. May not be on all the time. for awhile.)

Her hidden eyes focused on the beast, a smile spreading wider than before on her face, more so than seemed possible for a human to do so, like one you'd see in a drawing. Her teeth as well seemed odd, with only four incisors, two atop, two bottom, and directly next to that the teeth were faintly sharp, with sharp canines next to them, and another pair of sharpened teeth. Of course, just by looking, you wouldn't be able to tell if it was a birth defect or if she filed them by hand. She wasn't quite normal looking as it was, but then again, what was normal in this town?

She glanced down only for a moment at him, as he scavenged for food, before looking back up at the magnificent beast. "Ahh... so marvelous... nice for killing, that one..." She murmured under her breath, quiet only out of awe. She wasn't one for tactical stealth unless she was having fun stalking something. Or when she was in her cemetery, it came by nature. She looked at the creature as a greedy man might look at a pile of gold, as if it were some important thing, dire to her existence. And yet she still felt fear as she stared at it, but her interest, as always, overrode the fear. The shallow emotions of a sociopath were wonderful at times like this, unless one was looking for a trustworthy companion.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 PM

Finally finding something he was willing to part with, Heidrik pulled it out of the bag, the creature's head snapping toward him, nostrils flaring as it caught the scent if blood and meat. He tossed it at the beast lazily, the creature hissing and darting forward, the entirety of its body entering the moonlight. A few wet slurps, the sound of clacking teeth, and a wet gulp signaled the creature having finished its meal, sniffing the ground before chittering and turning away. It watched Heidrik move off into another room, mumbling to himself. It turned its attention fully on the intruder and, quills raising, let out a low and threatening hiss, claws digging into the mussed up and old flooring. This one was intruding on its territory, the musty dead scent the intruder had seeping all over its property. It even stank up the one that brought it food.

((Haha don't worry there's no rush from me to do anything. If you're off a few days you're off. I'm going to be gone a good chunk of the day myself. I'm going to my cousin's wedding.))

Nightmaren

Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Her gaze lingered on the creature even as it hissed, head tilted. "How territorial..." She murmured, licking her lips with a discolored tongue. She slipped back, head dipping as if a peasant was bowing to a noble, without letting her eyes leave it. One hand slipped under her cloak, clutching a large hook from the embalming tools she left strapped on her side. Of course, with those claws, she wouldn't stand a chance if she did fight. Or, well, maybe. She hadn't fought in a long time, though, so she doubted it.
She slipped to the side, closer to the door where he had gone through, smiling lightly. "Oh, come now. I'll be gone in awhile. I just wanted a look at you." Of course, those creatures never responded in her Cemetery. But she talked nonetheless when they looked at her. Her head turned to the doorway, eyes still cast on the creature. "This one is quite beautiful." She chimed, pulling out the scalpel. She gently cut off a strip from her arm, a little offering she usually gave to the little beasties that came close, tossing it over to the thing.
Almost immediately, she pulled out bandages, wrapping up her arm. Various stitched closed wounds crossed her arms, from similar offerings. It wasn't unless she didn't bandage her arm quick enough that they usually turned to attack her. And if it did, well, she could at least run fast. And the train was always a nice bit of protection.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Heidrik rolled his eyes at the woman's rambling, removing chunks of his latest catch and wrapping them delicately in bits of blood stained cloth and storing them in the creaky old cupboards. He stopped when he hear the soft sound of a blade leaving cloth, tilting his head to the side to listen better. There was the sound of flesh cutting cleanly (a sound he was far too familiar with) and the soft slap of blood and meat on wood. He slunk to the doorway quietly, eyeing the woman and the beast with sharp eyes, eyeing the strip of fresh meat curiously. "Beautiful'ss a word..." he hissed, watching as it sniffed at the offering before it slurped it up, gulping it down before looking back at the woman and hissing. It's hissing was lower though. It turned and slunk off slightly, keeping sharp red eyes on the intruder as it stopped in the corner and hunched over in a sitting position, slimy saliva and blood leaking from it's gore speckled mouth.

((Reason number 1 I took so long; a whole bunch of lazy. That was all on me. My bad.))

Nightmaren

Old 05-30-2013, 09:56 AM

(It's fine. xD I understand.)

She watched the little beastie retreat back, her hand clutched tightly around her wound, as if trying to hide the blood. Or it could have been the simpler thing, that she was applying pressure to a wound. Her smile remained, if slightly askew from the pain, turning her head to him. "Did you know about that? Don't ask how I learned it." She said, frowning lightly for a brief second. "I've always wondered if they react differently to smells."

She lightly chuckled. "Some animals have the defence of defecating on themselves. Predators don't want to come near. Honestly I like may way better." She said, pinning the end of the bandage down, to avoid it unraveling. Now, she wouldn't want that. "Perhaps carrying around spare body parts would work, though, too. At least it wouldn't involve me getting hurt like this."

She began to mumble faintly in thought. "Or perhaps I should just bring some o those beggar children with me. Cripple one of them..."