View Poll Results: So... What do you think?
I'm not reading all that. 8 20.00%
It looks fantastic, but I'm not interested. 7 17.50%
Wonderful, I'm definitely joining. 20 50.00%
I'm just roaming.... >.> 14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

the mechanical heart
she's got a few screws loose

Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 AM

Helen clutched the flat and rectangular box in her arms and frowned slightly when Siegfried called the human their "friend". She glanced at Alana. Could she handle the fact that Helen was going to kill the human woman when they found her? Alana did have human friends and wasn't able to drink human blood.

"Certainly we will accompany you to the castle, Siegfriend," Helen said. Her eyes darted toward him when he called her and Alana beauties. A man's failed attempt at flattery. "Just don't get any ideas," she said and smiled, baring her fangs in a playful, yet stern warning. She wasn't quite sure what kind of man Mr. Bonne was just yet. But Helen wasn't playing hard to get. She was hard to get.

She glanced at Alana and Siegfried before she stepped forward, toward the castle. "Shall we?" At least she felt safer with two other vampires near, in case werewolves showed up.

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM

HEY GUYS.

i posted an important update in the ooc thread.

don't forget to check it out! ;D

CallMeCal1987
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM

((Um, you're supposed to send those as a PM to The Mechanical Heart, not just post it in the middle of the story. You might want to delete that before you get in trouble.))

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM

[[ I already reported the post and sent her two PM's, but no reply yet. Hopefully the post will get deleted and we can continue on with our awesome RP. ;D ]]

CallMeCal1987
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM

((Alrighty then ^_^))

* Silent padded footsteps wend their way slowly through the forest, inaudible to anyone should anyone be near enough to listen, which no one was. Just the way Josh liked it. His gray-brown fur blended into the shadowy underbrush, making him invisible to anyone who might look his way, which again, no one would, for there was no one alive for miles in any direction, save for one poor creature who would not be for long. In a sudden flash of claws and fangs, the deer was dead. Josh marked the nearest tree with his scent and let out a howl so the gatherers would know where to come pick up the fresh kill to bring back to the camp; werewolves are strong, but deer are bulky and cumbersome when dead, too big for one wolf's mouth or two human arms to carry swiftly through the brush. Josh could have stayed to help, but that wasn't his job; it was up to the gatherers now. With a swift turn of his tail, he sprinted off silently back into the underbrush, seeking new prey. For a split second he thought he caught a whiff of vampire scent, or perhaps human, but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared and he shook it off to continue the hunt. *

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM

Alana looked at Siegfried and grinned. She couldnt beilive someone would flirt with her. THe vampires who usually wanted to date her were pervs but this guy was different. It didnt matter much though. She just couldnt date anyone who was vampire. They were so cold like a corpse. She sighed and agreed to go with them. She debated going back to the villiage to find Stephanie but shook her head no. She couldnt go back for now. If that one girl caught her out alone she would get in trouble. Alana looked at the other two what else did she have to do. Go to the castle and be bored or go to the town and have fun. SHe smiled she knew what she wanted to do.

"SOrry guys im goin to town. I kinda forgot somthing."

SHe took off towards town with a grin on her face.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Devilfern

Old 10-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Siegfried watched Alana disappear through the trees with a thoughtful frown on his face. "Isn't she rather new here? She doesn't seem to like being one of us very much." Siegfried shrugged. "Ah well. Come, let's get to the castle...Might I help you with your package?" He held out his free hand to take the fabric box from her. He was feeling particularly generous today - he would save being rude for later.

The wolf howl, as it rose in pitch, made Siegfried's ears perk up immediately. He felt his muscles tense instinctively, the ingrained vampire knowledge taking charge. "Wolves." He muttered under his breath, his eyes darting to Helen's. "We should move."

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Helen stopped walking and turned around, watching Alana run back towards the town. A frown was placed upon her mouth. 'She better not have another "incident",' she thought. Alana was acting suspicious, though, but Helen was not her mother. She couldn't tell her what to do or anything of the sort. If Alana wanted to go to town, then one would guess that she could. But, if something does happen again, Alana might get her village visits taken away.

The crimson haired vampire turned to Siegfried with her eyebrows raised. "No, Alana isn't a new vampire. In fact, she's almost a couple centuries older than myself." She paused to think. "She was turned at sixteen and will forever have the body and mind and spirit of a sixteen year old. I, on the other hand, was turned in my early twenties."

Helen nodded to Siegfried and placed the package into his arms. If the man wanted to be chivalrous, then she would allow it. Courtesy never hurt anyone. She turned and took a step in the direction in the castle until she heard the wolf call. Her eyes met Siegfried's and she saw the alarm in them.

"Lead the way," she said as she took a step to the side to allow him more room. Helen wasn't quite sure how fast of a runner he was, so she would allow him to go first and then match his speed.

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 10-19-2009, 05:33 PM

Alana heard a wolf howl in the distance and swore. She was afraid of wolves and could never figure out why. She sighed and continued running to the villiage. She saw that the villiage gates were closed and growled. No biggie Ill just climb. SHe easily scaled the walls. She looked toward the villiage square and saw it was empty. She swore again. thanks to that guy she had missed out on all the fun. She heard some guards and slipped into an ally way. She ran down the path and came up to a wall. SHe climbed it and hopped over it onto the other side. She decided to go ahead and head to the castle.

Last edited by Talitha001; 10-19-2009 at 05:49 PM..

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 PM

Siegfried took the package with her, somewhat annoyed now that he knew how cumbersome it was going to be. He turned to look through the trees towards the castle. A few stone turrets could be seen through the trees, and below them the glimmer of the lake. Fallen leaves danced around Siegfried's feet in a little breeze, which pulled at his thin jacket and stylishly cut hair. Time to get back inside, and away from here and the wolf.

Siegfried gave Helen an arrogant smirk and started off. He was quick - even as a human he had been faster than average, but now as a vampire he could hold his own. When he wasn't reading he would practice swordplay, training to keep the things he had learned during his human life fresh in his mind. He turned slightly to keep Helen in his line of vision as they ran. She was very beautiful, but prickly. Even though Siegfried was acting gentlemanly, she had stayed as resistant as ever. Perhaps he would lay it on a little thicker. For the time being, however, he remained silent.

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM

[[ Wait, wait wait.

sdgfam08

I talked to your "twin" and we decided that you and her aren't going to post at the moment, because you guys are changing the characters and I'm supposed to get the PM tonight.

So, that kind of means that your profile isn't up, I haven't accepted it and so you shouldn't really be posting at the moment. ]]

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 PM

[[ Anyways. Back to the RP... ]]

Helen watched as the light breeze blew at Siegfried's hair and jacket and caused tendrils of her hair to blow in front of her face. With a sigh, she brushed them out of the way and smiled as Siegfried took off. The castle was just ahead, it would only take a moment to get there.

She gave him a head start and picked up her dress and then darted off after Siegfried. He was fast, she gave him that. She noticed him move to the side a bit so she was kept in his line of vision. With a smirk, she jumped up into the tree tops and began jumping quickly from tree to tree above Siegfried.

"Is that the fastest you can go?" Helen asked. "You're being beat by a woman in a dress." She picked up speed and began to pass him from above in the trees.

Last edited by the mechanical heart; 10-19-2009 at 05:58 PM..

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM

Siegfried snarled and gripped the box and his book tighter. "Don't think you'll get past me that easily..." He called out to her, picking up speed. Siegfried's long legs blurred over the rough ground, but Helen was still some ways ahead of him. The castle was drawing nearer, and Siegfried could see the olive-colored ivy twisting itself up the worn stones. The two of them were getting close to a rough stone wall, a monument of an earlier time in the castle's history. Siegfried leapt easily onto it and used it as a springboard to join Helen in the trees. His sturdy leather boots thudded into the thick branches, making them shudder with impact and disturbing the tree dwelling creatures.

Siegfried had almost reached Helen, but was still lagging behind her. Her long crimson hair was flitting in front of his face, and he was nearly tempted to pull it and yank her off the branch...but it only came as a fleeting thought. He'd really be in trouble if he pulled her hair, besides, that was what the little boys did to girls they fancied. So he watched it flutter in front of him like a crimson ribbon among the darkness of the trees.

Talitha001

Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 PM

Alana smelled the air and grinned. She knew siegfried and Helen where somewere up ahead. She ran a bit faster and spied them smiling she went right up behind seigfriend and let out a howl. SHe was a great howler and she wanted to see if he would react. She kept pace with them pretty easily.

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 PM

Helen pursed her lips, was this now a race? She looked down and saw that he was no longer below her, but now in the trees with her, a few feet behind her. Then a howl came and she looked behind her and behind Siegfried was Alana.

The castle was up ahead and they would be there in a matter of seconds. She glanced over her shoulder and grinned at Siegfried and winked at Alana. Then, she jumped down and landed onto the ground and kept running without stalling. Her dress was very heavy and she decided to slow for the sake of her gown.

She looked up into the trees and saw Siegfried and Alana were ahead. She wouldn't mind losing a race to them; running wasn't very "lady-like". She'd save her energy for a time when she would actually need it. Like running into a werewolf. Would she fight the creature? Absolutely not. She would run.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2009, 06:23 PM

"Oh, that's how it is, is it..." Siegfried grumbled as he watched Helen sail down to the ground. "Showing off." He landed heavily on a thick branch, then leaped off it and hit the ground, disturbing the leaves piled there. He paused to brush tree-related debris off his fine jacket and adjusted the fit of his boots. After he was fully satisfied that his outfit was in order, he began strolling leisurely towards the castle, a little wind at his back.

Smiling, he called out to Helen and Alana. "If you two want to waste your energy on these last twenty feet, go ahead. I know I have enough dignity not to be seen rushing around when there's no need. But if you want to act like children, that's just fine with me."

Talitha001

Old 10-19-2009, 06:35 PM

Alana circled around and stopped next to him with a smile on her face. One of the rare times shes smiled since being a vampire and without humans close to her.

"You know I was only playing. The humans are all asleep so I have nothing to do now."

She looked him over closely. He was pretty attractive for a vampire but still she wished she could date a human but that was not possible. Humans bleed to much she reminded herself of what had just happened. Why did she have to be attracted to somthing she could never have.

broadway_princessxo34
If you don't care, why are you a...

Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 PM

Holly hid and didnt move from where she was. She knew how to hide her sent from vampires. But if the wind blew or she moved all hope was lost.
After she knew the vampires werent looking for her anymore she quitely went into the woods and sat on the ground watching the castle. For a Human she was really strong and fast so maybe if she had enough time she could get away. She shifted her weight and heard a few twigs cracking. 'Crap' She thought.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 PM

Siegfried's gray blue eyes flashed and he laughed. "Of course. But shouldn't we be too sophisticated for games?" Siegfried licked his teeth, feeling the points with his tongue. When had he last eaten? He wasn't quite sure. Sometimes he got so wrapped up in his research that he forgot. "I suppose you two just have more joie de vivre than I...oh, my mistake. Joie de morte, I should say." He winked at Alana.

Siegfried looked out over the calm waters of the lake. They were a dark steel blue in the fall afternoon, the silvery sunshine playing on the little wavelets. He sighed, exhaling the cool fresh air that the lake had chilled. He suddenly became aware of the long, slim box in his hand. "Oh, Helen. Shall I take this inside for you?" He held up the box.

Belle Sorciere
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Belle Sorciere

Old 10-19-2009, 08:58 PM

Kylia walked down the path, up to the lake and sat down by the edge of the water. Looking around, she thought that the lake looked nothing like it was described in the stories. I wonder what actually happened to my parents..did they even make it to this lake before they disappeared?, she wondered as she stared across the lake, wondering what could have been, if things had turned out differently.

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 09:41 PM

"Pff, dignity," muttered Helen to herself as she rolled her eyes at Siegfried. She was glad that Alana had decided to come back to the castle before she could cause anymore damage. Using compulsion twice in one night was much too draining and Helen was already tired as it was. Alana still seemed troubled, though. That's what happens when you hang around humans. They bring in their deep emotions and trouble you with them.

She smirked at Alana when Siegfried said 'joie de morte'. Helen knew some French, but mostly knew German and was able to catch that. "You have a morbid sense of humor, my friend," she said to Siegfried, though it was truely Alana who was morbid.

Helen heard the male vampire and looked at the box in his hands. "No, that's fine. I have to go inside to change," she said. "Thank you so much for carrying it for me."

Last edited by the mechanical heart; 10-19-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Talitha001

Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 PM

Alana sat down by a tree and sighed. She so hated being a vampire. She longed for humanity. She studied Helen and wondered what made her so happy being a vampire. She noticed she made clothes a lot maybe thats what kept her occupied. Siegfried had his books but Alana she had nothing. She read books sometimes but after reading all of the books what would she do? How would she occupy herself then? She crossed her arms on her knees and put her head in her arms. She wished she could just cry it out. But vampires dont cry. She didnt know what to do. She felt lost and alone even though she had a whole coven with her.

Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM

Siegfried frowned as he handed the box over. He had hoped to come with her inside to her rooms in the castle. Did she know he was angling for it? Well, it was of no matter now. He'd been thwarted already. The book was still in his hands as well, which reminded him that there was a lot of uncatalogued work still to be done, which he had been putting off for quite a while. He was bored, however, and didn't feel like staying inside his library for yet another night. Perhaps he could persuade Helen or Alana to go out with him that night for food. And there were others in the castle who weren't mortified by his company. He could seek someone out if need be.

There was an awkward moment as Siegfried stood, still indecisive. The pause dragged on until he felt he had to supply something. "Well...I suppose I shall see you two later. Auf Wiedersehen." And with that he strode past them into the large stone archway that hid one of the castle's many entrances from view. He went in, but lingered in the foyer, leaning against the wall. The temperature was not very different from the cool outside - the castle was never very well heated, even though the walls were heavily draped with tapestry. Perhaps he should go back out and ask them outright whether they would accompany him out that night...

the mechanical heart

Old 10-19-2009, 10:32 PM

[[ Arg, I accidentally deleted everything I wrote. :C Time to re-write everything. D; ]]

"Auf Wiedersehen," Helen replied to Siegfried and watched him retreat to the inside of the castle. She clutched the box of fabric in her arms and turned around to look at Alana, who was sitting near a tree. She took a step toward her and sighed softly before she strode right in front of her.

"Alana," she said hesitantly. She was sad to have this conversation with her when Alana was already suffering, but it had to be done sometime. "You have to make sure that what happened earlier will never happen again. You jeopardized the coven and could be in very big trouble with the elders... But I won't say anything." Helen looked at the ground and ran her fingers through her hair. She had made plenty of mistakes in the past like this, but she never had trouble cleaning up her messes. Alana obviously struggled on what to do and she was very lucky that Helen had heard her cries.

"You must always make sure that when you go into town, you are well fed. You attacked a man, Alana, and you don't even like human blood. You must have been quite hungry." Helen expected that Alana's thirst was under some control right now, since the cat, but she would need to feed again soon, and take in more blood than a simple cat. "But don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes and we have plenty of time to get better," she said with a smile.

Talitha001

Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 PM

Alana looked up at Helen and smiled. This was the first nice thing anyone had done for her in a long time. She stood up and brushed the dirt off her pants.

"Ill go eat somthing now. Something a bit more substancial than a cat and something better than human."

She started to walk towards the woods humming to herself.