Stellar Delusion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 AM

The title asks it all. We've probably all given and received some great gifts. What's your favorite reaction so far? What was the nicest thing you got?

The best gift I've ever given was this, just this year. I found this pendant on Etsy and immediately thought "...okay, Cloud NEEDS this." But I didn't like the chain (or rather, I didn't think he'd like it much - just didn't suit him)...so I built this necklace around it.

The pendant is actually a vial of moon dust. The necklace itself is made of onyx and sterling silver beads.

His reaction was pretty much priceless. I'm scared of how I'm going to top this next year.

The best gift I've ever received is hard to say. Probably the photo album he gave me for my birthday last year. He bound it himself with a burned wood cover. I love that thing.

What about all of you?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 AM

I'm pretty sure the best gift I've given is really the one my sister got for my friend/honorary-sister. She let me wrap it. So, I guess that makes it the best gift I've ever wrapped? She got her a Hello-Kitty Toaster, which we then wrapped...and wrapped...and wrapped some more. Layers go: Wrapping paper, box, wrapping paper, wrapping paper, a bow, an entire roll of bubble wrap, another box, then wrapped up once more with another ribbon and a ton of bows. Filled with maniacal love.

I seriously cannot wait for her to unwrap it.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 12-27-2012, 02:58 AM

That is beautiful.
I think the best gift I ever got was my first sewing machine, which was a Barbie one when I was really young & then years later my Dad bought me a real one. I cried when the Barbie one broke. I still remember using it & trying to create cute little outfits for my Barbie. They were probably hideous, but I still loved making them. My Grandmother taught me how to sew when I was about 4 or 5 years old. The sewing machine just always interested me. I still have & use the sewing machine my Dad bought me. I think it was for either my 14th or 15th birthday.

Best gift I have given...that is a tough one. I can't decide.
I pretty much give my husband the same gift every year & it makes him so happy. It is a surprise package from his favorite book company. Sometimes they autograph the books or send art work. He has never been disappointed with the gift.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-27-2012, 03:06 AM

that is Beautiful!
Do you have a picture of your photo Album?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 AM

Wow, Damia! I want a surprise package! What company is that from? ._.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM

I gave my mom a gold chain when i was very young by saving my lunch money and its not really about the gift... its how much my mother loved me for saving my money and always proudly saying that i had given her something she can never forget... She is no more here with us and everyone thought i should keep her chain as a reminder now... it reminds me of my mothers smile... I Love her forever and more :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 PM

the best present i ever got was a three-d tri-color gold hummingbird necklace.
it was a total surprise and i love it to this day.

gol