CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-02-2014, 01:05 PM

A lot of times I find that my brain (unfocused as it is) tends to wander and think up all kinds of weird and crazy stories. I was wondering if there are other people with the same habit. Then I figured, why not create an outlet for these things? And so, I created this thread. I'll post whatever short stories there are that pop into my head. Hopefully you'll post some too. Then everyone can have fun reading other people's short stories too. It's a good thing I enjoy writing stories

So, let your imagination run wild and feel proud of it. Have fun!

Last edited by CycloneKira; 12-25-2014 at 07:46 AM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-12-2014, 01:10 PM

Brother's Love

Alyssa sat in her class, not paying attention. Her mind wandered on to think about things that were decidedly not about math. Two years ago, she'd left her family and moved to a separate state, where she felt she wouldn't be bothered by any of her family members again. She just couldn't tolerate the monstrosity of their crimes anymore. She'd had enough. The Gillbankses were criminals and she was no longer one of them.

She thought about her brother and sister, Silas and Kyra Gillbanks. Kyra, 21 years old, was innocent. She had no idea about her family's criminal activities. Silas, now 22, on the other hand, was a criminal through and through. It was his latest crime and his parents' desperation to cover it up that had infuriated Alyssa and caused her to leave the house.

The truth was, Silas and his friends had done something horrible to Alyssa's maid, Penny. They had done the worst that could be done to a woman. Alyssa had been eleven then, and the maid had been twenty. Once the crime was done, Alyssa's parents had done everything in their power to cover up the crime. They had altered evidence, destroyed some and even made false evidence to prove their son's "innocence". Silas walked free; Penny was not so lucky. The Gillbankses had a friend, a psychiatrist, declare that Penny was mentally disturbed and needed special care. So, Penny was moved to an institution. But what she received there was anything but care. The Gillbankses had declared her mad, and were now trying to make that true. She underwent severe torture at the institution until she was found by another family who decided to take care of her and try to nurse her back to health.

After that, things went downhill at the Gillbanks household. Alyssa packed up and left, Silas' mood swings got worse, their parents' business hit an all-time low and Kyra started to get emotional way too often. Even various servants left abruptly. Some of them didn't even take their payment before leaving. But the Gillbankses still had their usual influence on the happenings in the city.

Alyssa snapped out of her daydream. That whistle sounded familiar, she thought. "No. No way, this can't be happening," she muttered to herself. The whistling was louder now and Alyssa knew. Abruptly, she got up and walked out of the classroom, the teacher screaming after her. She walked along the long corridor and stopped at the end of it. There stood the source of the whistle: Silas.

"Alyssa! Hi there little sis. How have you been? I've missed you so much." Silas said in his usual overconfident, arrogant voice and made to hug Alyssa. She skipped a step back, avoiding his arms. Alyssa never bothered with pleasantries when she saw her brother.

"Why are you here? I thought I told you to stay away from me." she said, glaring at him. "Whatever, it doesn't matter, you can go now." She attempted to push him into the elevator and get him out of her sight, but they both knew that Silas was the stronger of the two. Silas could have simply pushed her off violently, making her fall on the wall behind her and hurt herself. But, as it happened, Alyssa was Silas' weakness. He loved her dearly, in spite of her leaving the Gillbanks household. When she had announced that she had decided to leave, Silas had tried to convince her to stay, pleaded with her, but he hadn't forced her to stay using his persuasive methods that he was so famous for.

"Alyssa, I...", Silas started, but Alyssa cut him short. "Silas, this is a school! You don't just walk into it and start whistling like a freak. And by the way, when you visit someone, you're supposed to inform someone when you visit. But of course," she said, her tone turning sarcastic. "Those rules don't apply to you, do they? After all, you're the great Silas Gillbanks."
"Alyssa, I'm-"
"You are going to leave, Silas, that's all."
"I wanted to see you."
"And you've seen me. Now you can go back."
"I need to talk to you."
"I don't want to!"
"Please, just- just hear me out." Silas was pleading now, his eyes filled with desperation. Alyssa sighed. "Fine. But not now, Silas. After I'm done with school."
Silas nodded. He turned and left. Alyssa walked back to her classroom, where the teacher was waiting to scream at her. Alyssa mouthed some excuses, apologized and went back to her seat.

---------------------------------------------------------

The brother and sister pair sat on Alyssa's couch, neither saying a word. Alyssa stared at her brother's face, her hands balled into fists. She was angry that he had the balls to be here. Especially after what he had done. But the silence was getting to her even more. After all that drama at school, all he did was sit in her living room and stay quiet?

"Well?" she demanded.

(To be continued...)

Last edited by CycloneKira; 07-13-2015 at 03:08 PM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 PM

A Demon's Dilemma

Zoya and her twin brother Wren, were as normal a brother and sister pair as they could ever hope to be. Not that they were normal, of course. Far from it. The two of them, were, in fact, part demon. They did not know how they were demons. They had no clue about their parentage and extended relations. They lived alone in a two bedroom flat in the city, in the house of a landlord who never asked them for money. It was perhaps their eyes. They had a fearsome quality about them and hypnotized anyone who met them. The landlord always greeted them in the hallways whenever they bumped into him, but he never asked for money.

Right now, Zoya and Wren were at the annual book fair, looking for second-hand books that would interest them. The two of them loved reading books. They would often discuss them at length over meals. It was a relief to escape into the worlds of other people, away from their own harsh realities. If they had their way, they would read books forever and not do anything else. Unfortunately, they had a lot of school work to do. And other things.

The twins had their phones with them, so they decided to go their separate ways and meet up at the gate when they were done shopping. Zoya wandered around through the different stalls looking for a good second-hand book seller who had a wide range of books. She went into one of the stalls. Fifteen minutes later, she came out with 5 books, bought for 500 gold. This was why she loved the book fair. So many books, for so less! It was a book-lover's heaven.

As she came out, she saw the one person she least expected to see. Aidan Gale. Her classmate in college. Her crush since nine months. She stood there, paralyzed for a few moments. Luckily, the boy hadn't seen her. Zoya considered hiding in one of the stalls for a bit until he went away; she didn't want Aidan to see her there. Why? Everyone knew about her love of books. This wouldn't surprise him in the least. The boy probably expected to see her in a place like this. Still, she didn't want to be seen. Wren often teased her about it. She was such a tough girl in front of everyone, but when it came to crushes, she could hardly think straight. But she needn't have bothered.

Five minutes later, the sky turned dark. It seemed to happen in one minute. People were puzzled, wondering why it was getting so dark. But Zoya knew. She looked around for Wren and spotted him standing was a few feet away. Their eyes met and they walked to a corner of the fair, where they could be sure no one could see them. Zoya looked at Wren, and after an assuring look from him, the two of them closed their eyes.

Adria and Danatus opened their eyes. They looked exactly like Zoya and Wren. In fact, they were Zoya and Wren. Just their Demon forms. Their gold eyes shined as they walked back to where they had stood earlier, as inconspicuously as possible. It wouldn't do for them to be recognized by anyone; recognition wouldn't be possible anyway once they started their work.

Adria and Danatus looked up at the sky, as the dark clouds began to take the shape of a monster. "Nubes monstrum?" Danatus turned to his sister. Cloud Monster, he'd said. Adria simply smiled and said,"Let's send him back home." The twins turned to the monster and outstretched their right arms, their palms, on which a rune had started to glow, facing the monster.

Even the crowd was to be confused about what followed. The two demons lifted themselves up into the sky and circled the monster, their gold eyes gleaming in the light emitted by the electricity running through the monster's being. The runes on their palms continued to glow brighter and brighter, until, suddenly, a rope came out from them. The twins continued to circle the monster until the ropes coming from their palms nearly entwined the monster. The creature, realizing what was happening, the creature tried to lash against the ropes. But to no avail. The ropes were too long and far too strong. It never stood a chance. The rune on Adria's palm stopped giving out rope as she pointed it towards the ground. The ground shook as the Adria's rune opened a portal to hell, through which, the Cloud Monster, all tied up, fell. The demon children watched it fall for a while, and then Adria closed the portal. To avoid being recognized, they flew to the top of a tall building, where people would think they had disappeared into the sky.

They landed on top of the tower. Adria was aware of a pair of eyes watching her from afar. She turned to look at the eyes. They were green, full of wonder and belonged to a boy called Aidan Gale. Danatus spoke. "He will need to be taken care of." Adria remained silent. "I think it's time Zoya and I shared the body." she said and took off into the sky once more. Sharing the body meant that both, Zoya and Adria would be in command of the body at the same time. They would be able to think things from both perspectives before making a move. Danatus looked at his sister and followed, flying after her into the night sky.

(To be continued...)

Last edited by CycloneKira; 01-08-2015 at 06:54 AM..