linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-19-2008, 05:59 PM

So, I'm pretty big on realism right now. I've gotten down how to draw female lips pretty good, but, I'm having a bit of a problem with male looking ones. D; They make the boys look like girls! D= Tips, please?

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 PM

While I don't do a lot of realism, and most of the guys I draw are girly, I would think that to draw male lips, you would want to make them more...boxy? If that makes any sense. Girls lips are real curved so I would say that make the guy lips a little more angled and hard. Or, if that doesn't look right, then just concentrate on making the rest of the face look as manly as possible so the lips don't throw it off as much. XD I don't know.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 08-24-2008, 04:22 AM

I'm not artist, but one factor that tends to make boy lips more girly is the color. For guys, you generally don't want attention drawn to the lips, so having them very similar to the surrounding skin tone seems to work best.

That sort of goes without saying, but trust me I've seen some pictures with men (that are supposed to look like men) with very pink or reddish lips and it totally throws things off. XD;