Violet Lace
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-10-2008, 08:24 PM

I never have just one source of inspiration, it usually varies from piece to piece with me.

Like, sometimes I'll want to draw someone with a certain color of hair. Or a picture using only one color, or a certain combination of colors. Or sometimes I just feel like designing a really fancy dress so I draw a person in it.
And occasionally, an idea just pops, fully formed, into my head at a random time.

My favorite thing to do right now is to take a random word and try to make a pretty picture inspired by it. My current WIP is based off the word "sulfur." xD

Frogsie
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-11-2008, 03:12 AM

Music. It generally livens me up to actually do something. But recently, for college, I've had to focus on stuff I don't particularly like doing. I have a huge lack of inspiration Dx [Topic is 'fragments'] - it really frustrates me. xD

PlusCandy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 AM

music helps as well as pulling from real life... sometimes... but mostly it just happens... i just doddle untill there is something there and i build on it~ looking at color helps me too...one colors can start a whole image~:D my room is full of colors~:D

Chiisai Chiroshi
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-27-2008, 04:06 PM

My sister inspiried me from a young age.
When I was 3 I always watched my sister draw.
Then I started trying to draw until now.
Now it's fun to draw and I draw for everyone!~
But, of Course my sister is better. My goal is to beat her
one day. >:3!~
But, I want to be a doctor. Not an artist.
I usually draw anime characters and make comic books.
I finished 5 comic books. Like 3 of them I did not complete.
But, they're old books. I enjoy reading back over them time to time.

One of my books was based off this anime called "Wedding Peach"
My book was called "Mrs. Wedding." Really close names, huh? XD.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 AM

i usually put a song on repeat and as i keep listening to it and then i get the mood of the song on me and i just randomly start to draw

on other times i get really opsessed with something and start drawing fanarts but i get obsessed over something else fast haha

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 AM

music a lot of the time... sometimes when I see things I all of a sudden get an image in my mind and it drives me crazy when I don't put it down on paper or something.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-31-2008, 04:15 PM

music is one, on emotion is another, I have drawings on going all the time, and other drawings is a big one too, but I have ideas of drawings to draw all the time, so it is almost never ending,I could probably draw for about half the day before getting tired of it (but I;'d still have ideas). i have the idea though with stories that it sticks in my head till I write it, but drawing I can do all the time, but the perfection requires really liking the piece, not necessarily the original idea or concept.

aquadicprincessqeen
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to aquadicprincessqeen

Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 AM

What first inspired me was my preschool teachers that is when I first drew anything and eventhough it is horrible my parents have still. Then in kindergarden there was a whole wall of art supplies, everything. cutouts, hole punches, crayns, sparkly crayns, paint, pencils, colord paper. the posiblities were endless. n_n Then I did a picture every morining. after that I stopped till I was like in third grade when I tryed drawing the power puff girls, Then I workd on sailer moon too. But my final insparation that got me to stick to that was in 5th grade, kate is her name she always loved my dragons when I tryed it and so I kept frawing them loving the prase now I draw a range of things and get comments from all my friends though now it is mostly just my outfit ideas that I draw. (sorry for spelling)

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM

My inspiration usually people around me, that's why I love going to places where there are lots of people doing different kind of activities so I can observe them and secretly make sketches. XD

BlackCat
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 AM

Music is my biggest inspiration. If I'm writing a piece that is sad, I have to play sad music with my headphones on to block out the rest of the sounds in my house. If I don't I'll loose the sad mood and I won't be able to write. Sometimes I find that instrumental music works better than music with words in this case, because it seems to have more emotion. I guess I like it because it helps keep my focus sharp.

I also love being inspired by beautiful poetry. Sometimes a poem that can capture a single emotion can be just as beautiful as a full novel. <3

Kitsune-tan
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Music, other people's art and well done anime. When I particularly like something I tend to draw fanart.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 02-25-2008, 08:38 AM

Fashion models and strange people I see at school mostly. XD It's so fun to see some guy that I just know I could draw and then actually draw him... I usually end up having to awkwardly explain my reason for staring at them so long though. n.n;

Fiery Griffin
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-26-2008, 05:57 PM

This is going to sound really weird but at times I just get the feeling to draw something. This usually ends up centering around eyes because I believe that you can tell so much about a person thru thier eyes. At other times I usually feel the need to draw because of deep feelings, like pain and love and regret. Then get annoyed when I cannot think of how to let the feelings out. Most of my drawings have severe colors and words written into them.

H_e_a_r_t
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-29-2008, 01:19 AM

I get my inspirations from other artworks! =D and stories music, plays, movies ^^ I can be inspired by anything actually o.o;

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Other people's art.

Often I draw because I get the "urge".

Dr Faust VIII

Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 PM

I draw and I get inspired by clamp's art

Hon
De-activated

Old 03-10-2008, 11:02 PM

Basically what Nightshade1988 said. I get mostly inspired by other peoples art, and it usually takes an influence on my own. :] And then there's that urge! It just takes over and you have to draw because it's itching at you.

Fashion inspires me alot, as well. Visual Kei, Street-wear, etc.

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 PM

My inspiration comes from a lot of things.
Everything around me {i'm a big observer}, the mood i'm in, intoxicated influences {xD} and my hubby helps me with a lot of greatest ideas.
As for my favorite things to draw... I really enjoy drawing the female form.
And females with mohawks, piercings, tattoos, and that sorta look.
I draw pretty cartoony.
I also like to draw comics of inside jokes with my husband and I.
We get some good laughs out of them xD

Sonarius
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Sonarius

Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 AM

A lot of my inspiration comes from roleplays I do. I don't actually take from the roleplays as far as art, but it's what starts my brain keening through the creativity world. that, along with an entire box of mike and ike's and three cans of cola about do it.

I'm also imspired to draw more often after having life drawing lessons. Just enjoying the flow of the pencil to represent human figures is beguiling.

TheChibiPhoenix
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-25-2008, 06:16 PM

I am greatly inspired by many artists I see online, whether it be deviantART or otherwise. Seeing how original and creative people can be makes me want to reach a step higher and higher. I am also greatly inspired by music. Many songs create images of my characters in my head, and I can end up drawing a piece inspired by a single song (or the emotion of the song).

gazerock!
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-30-2008, 02:00 AM

mainly dA and song lyrics inspire me. sometimes if i see a picture or pose i really like i might pull stuff from it. song lyrics are kinda because of my imagination or it reminds me of something

Han'iurami
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Han'iurami

Old 05-02-2008, 05:10 AM

I'd have to say that i'm easily inspired by the different people that I meet in my travels,perhaps they could be considered my muses but i'm not entirely sure.I like taking photo's of architecture and land scapes and as far as drawing goes I prefer portraits but usually in charcoal since the pencil doesn't smudge enough for me.

Comet

Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 PM

Definitely music. @_@ Whatever the song sounds like is the mood that gets represented onto my picture.

fallpanicclick_lover
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-11-2008, 02:43 AM

Most of the time its something like an old abandon playground. We have a lot of those around my town, so I'll go and sit in them a just draw. Things like that just inspire me. But its not just things like that, sometimes it can be an old building, an old car (I have a thing for old objects, they just are the greatest things to draw.), a random piece of trash on the side of the road. Things like that just are so great to show visually. Yeah, I'm so weird.

Moo Moo Berry
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-17-2008, 09:30 PM

My greatest inspiration would have to be taking a shower, because I always get the best composition ideas when I'm taking one. =3