xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 PM

I will keep them, in folders, box or anywhere...
but if it is lost, it is lost. XD

If the drawing is awesome, I would keep it REAL NICE in a real NICE folder. Those would most probably be OC or special drawings.

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-21-2007, 03:44 PM

I've been collecting my sketches and sketchbooks since 6th grade and that's 7 years of collecting D:
Sooo, yea xD

The sketchbooks are in boxes and the loose sketches are in sketchbooks too or in the silver brief case I have or in folders.

I really should have organized like WishingMoon. That would of helped me see me progression much better but dang, comparing my first sketchbook to what I can do right now...it's funny how bad I was xD

president wakame
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 PM

i always keep them,so i can look back on them and say"oh damn i used to suck!"kind of a confidence booster,also i learned that it's good to do that because of old characters you made and forgot about,they're laways good insipration,i always find old drawings and redraw them all better and add stuff.plus i don't have a scanne,so i have to take pictures...so the quality is neve that great...

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 12-22-2007, 01:42 AM

• uuuh. Depends on what it is?

I tend to scan most stuff, and the file it off into either 'random sketches/rough stuff that's kinda crap' draws, or 'this is actually half decent and might get some use later' folder.
    I'm a massive hoarder, so I end up keeping 90% of what I do, and then have a 1/2 yearly clean out where I throw out old school stuff, a long with several bins full of art lala.

tehrin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to tehrin Send a message via MSN to tehrin

Old 12-22-2007, 05:40 PM

It really depends on the picture itself. Sometimes, if it's something that I really like, or particularly proud of, I'll keep it. Most of the time though, it gets put in a stack and later thrown out after I feel my abilities are better. But if it's something that I've colored with markers, I usually end up keeping it. I have some old art from 2003, when I first got my Prismacolors. It's really funny to look at them, because I had no idea how to blend with them. XD

A i
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 PM

well since i dont have a scanner..i just leave them in my boook...sometimes when my cousin came..ill show her my latest drawing ^^ sometimes ill bring them to school...i draw stuffs when the teacher is too boring...so then ill left it on my table...my friends sort of know that, so they'd check it out, and it makes me happy when people appreciate my drawing >w<

delial
Maya

Old 12-22-2007, 10:46 PM

I -never- throw my art away. It's like little pieces of my soul! In fact, once, a friend of mine, in a fit of anger, tore up a drawing I had done. It broke my heart.

I still have loads of sketchbooks from well over 10 years ago. I have drawings from when I was 3, for crying out loud. I think it's good for me to hold onto my old things because they show me where I have come from, and also others enjoy looking through all of my history hehe.

As for nowadays, an example of what I do with my drawings is make christmas cards(I've been doing this for the past few years), and also create albums and gifts of art for people as well. Sometimes I just send stacks of drawings to friends in trade, and they send me some of theirs.

But yeah, drawings are like gold to me, I never throw them out. If it's bad, I just erase it, otherwise...it's kept for all eternity, hehe.

Raining Skittles
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Around 2004 my dad got me four sketch books for my birthday, and I drew in those for a bit, the art is horrible (heads the size of my HAND and bodies less then half that) but I can't throw it away. I ran out of space in the books, and started drawing on normal paper. I got a big folder and put them in those page covers, that keep the page clean, and you don't have to hole punch it. I've kept it for around a year I think, and I've run out of page covers and almost ran out of space in my folder XD
I only throw away some art if it's one the back of food menues, or small slips of paper. I like to look back at my art a lot, and say "Wow, I drew that? Atleast I know I'm improving!"

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-23-2007, 05:47 PM

I have folders of art from each year. drawings that I've done on paper I put in a folder labeled from the year I drew them. I have sketchbooks and I'll mark the date drawn and just keep it in the sketch book - for computer art - i keep in it marked folders on my computer - unless it's a picture I'm really proud of - then I'll print it out and add it to my folder of 'computer pictures' lol

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 11:13 AM

I keep everything, even after I scan it. I can't stand to throw a perfectly good drawing away. I also like having the original, so that if I ever lose the picture on my computer somehow, that I'd have the old one to scan again. It also gives me a solid copy to show someone, in case they accuse me of not drawing my own picture. While that more than likely wouldn't happen, it still could. It's better to be safe than sorry.

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-25-2007, 04:58 PM

I have a habit to keep all my good drawings in one special pad. Trhroughing all of them away would be a waste, you know. Plus sometimes people happen to ask me to show them my stuff. Showing them not from pc is much faster and easyer.

Professor Lily
Building Funds for my Charity

Old 12-25-2007, 08:28 PM

I store them, hang them in my house, and give them to family.

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Well usually when I finish a drawing. I leave it somewhere, or sometimes when I finish it in school, my friends tell me to put it in my binder. After awhile, I look at it again and see my mistakes, then in my next drawing, I try to fix the problem in my last drawing in the new drawing (like if I made the hand look weird, in the next picture I'd try to draw the hand better). Then I just kind of leave it around the house xP
But later on, after 6 months or so, if I hate the picture, I throw it away, if I like it, I just kind of leave it wherever it was before.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 PM

I normally put it in a folder or on a clipboard for future viewing. We don't have a scanner, so I can't save it in a file on the computer. I'm too conscious about my art to display it or give it to people as gifts. ^_^;

luiza993
Banned

Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM

this morning i drew something
it looks really pretty but i keep on thinking it could have been better but i cant
i one time i cried
it wasnt fair
i have talent but i couldnt unlease it
why and i have to make a portfolio of 12 completely different drawings in 2 months before my audition to get into LACHSA
i want chocolate
i really want to make it but my stupid art teacher Ms.Ruano screwed up my imagination

A i
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-27-2007, 11:48 PM

its stays in my book forever ^^
i will look back sometimes to see how awful i was back then XD...

Aggressive Cookie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-28-2007, 12:04 AM

I feel bad for throwing away my drawings, so I usually either present them to my friends if they want or stick them on my notebooks etc.

IndiGlo
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-28-2007, 01:22 AM

They go in my doodle drawer...though it is kind of bursting at the seams now. So now I have paper scattered everywhere around the house....much to my Mom's chagrin.

patchy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 AM

I keep all of my artwork so I can look back later in horror at how bad I was XD

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 AM

All of my artwork is in a shelf together with the exception of my stronger pieces which, by my mother's request, is framed and hanged on the wall. Ontop of that, I have to have alot of skethbooks for school, so i let most of the artwork sit around. At tiems i give he picture to someone as a present if i feel confident it was good. Some of my doodles are in the trash or someplace due to them being drawing at a dinner table. :P

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
I stare at it and I wonder how I could've created something so horrible. o_o;
Ke ke ke...

I only react that way if I look at my old drawings.

I make fun of them.

I draw on individual pieces of paper. When they're "done" I put them away in an envelope for perusal. That is---when people want to look at how I've been doing and such, I show them the envelope.

Also, it's for me to look back and make fun.

XD'

Since I don't like showing off unfinished works.

I only do that when I'm on y! gallery... I show off unfinished works to go I AMS ALIIIIVEEE DX

Just a little dead LOOK. NEW ART SEE?!

Then I disappear for ages once again.

-sweatdrop-

hate

Old 12-30-2007, 06:44 PM

after i scan them i keep them piled in my closet...the floor is completely comevered with piles of paper and folders, im such a packrat :roll:

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 12-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Since I draw with my tablet more often, I usually save the drawing and upload it onto Photobucket... then I delete it from my computer. xD

If traditional, I keep almost all of them and keep them in a folder.. I always tell myself to scan them and upload them onto Photobucket, but my scanner is dumb and I'm lazy. xD

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 PM

I keep it no matter what! ^o^

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-01-2008, 09:20 PM

Many of the small drawings I do on printer paper I store in this nice folder I keep. I try to keep as many drawings as possible because later on it will be a nice thing to look back on. This way I can try to see how I have improved (if I do).