chibilady18
*^_^*

Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 PM

I keep everything I do in sketch books, I don't throw any of my work away in case I ever need to back and refrance anything?

Jenn_heart
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Jenn_heart

Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 PM

I keep most of my drawings, unless it's a drawing requested by a friend. except this one time when I fell in love with my drawing and wouldn't give it to her. :?
I actually keep all my drawings in a sketchbook, so it doesn't take up much space.

Violet Lace
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-06-2008, 11:40 PM

If I like it, I scan it, and then I decide whether or not to post it on my deviant art. Usually, though, I throw away the originals unless I really like them, because seeing stacks and stacks of paper around my room would make me feel guilty about killing so many trees. ^_^;

organique
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 AM

well, with ones i have already scanned, i usually just toss them. after i photoshop the scanned ones, i sometimes print them out and put those copies in a portfolio.

sometimes, however, if i really like a traditional-medium drawing, i scan it and stick it straight into my portfolio.

Metal Pandora
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Metal Pandora

Old 01-08-2008, 02:54 PM

I keep nearly all of them. I have a giant tupperware of notebooks dating all teh way back to 5th grade. Though most of my older, digital ones get deleted.

I like to look back on my older stuff to see how much I've improved. It helps a lot to see your own mistakes in old work.

Victory-3

Old 01-10-2008, 04:48 AM

i keep all my hard copies.

Frogsie
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-11-2008, 02:58 AM

I try to keep mine ~ for reference, and how my style has progressed ect.

However, I lose most of it xD

PlusCandy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-24-2008, 03:26 AM

i like to keep everything i do... for one- to see how i have improved two- refs for characters (i have a lot) three- incase my copies on the computer ever die (as well as the back up:P) four- i just like having the original~ i keep all of my art in fileing cabinets all organised by characters storys and date created~:D its really the only thing im neat about~:P

Nephilia
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Nephilia

Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 AM

"After I draw them, I scan them into my computer... touch them up a bit... remove the lines that I didn't realize I put in there and they make no sense what so ever so I erase them kind of touch up. Haha. Also make my lines a bit cleaner since for some reason my pencils like to somehow turn huge once I scan them.. like one drawing I did, I scanned it and all of a sudden my character had big honking eyebrows, they scared me, and I swore they moved! Haha, anyways, after I do that, I put them in my photobucket and I keep them there forever~ Or if they are really old and look nothing like my newer drawings, I say good bye and delete them. Though I keep a file in my drawers which hold the original drawings. I could never part with those. Never. I am too much of a pack rat, especially with my own art to completely get rid of them."><

Jali
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 AM

Whenever I get around to doing a nice piece of art and fully color it with whatever media, I give them as little gifts or if it's my own thang, I decorate my room with it x3.
As for doodles and all that, if their good enough, I save them, folded up in my notepads or in a file in my desk.
The other day I cleaned out that file after years of just shoving stuff in there, and got a good laugh at my old art, a really really good laugh. @_@

Melilot
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-03-2008, 04:30 PM

I.... put them anywhere so they end up on my floor or crammed at the bottom of my bookbag.
After they're scanned onto the internet, I don't care about the original. I perfect the image online, so yeah. I don't care about the original after that.

... Some pics, I give away if a friend really wants them. I save some really old pictures to remind myself what my influences were. Some I keep because I really like them, they're a good character reference, or I'm not done (Even 3 years later). I still have a crumpled up one that I wish to redraw in my modern style.

I just made another folder of my crap.
HOwever, I try to hold onto my sketchbooks so that I can measure my progress. And some day, I will give all this crap to someone for firewood.
Or perhaps someone who wants to biography my life.

Either one.

All the images I have drawn and ever will draw are in my head.
It's like... infinity. Sorta.

encheslie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to encheslie

Old 02-05-2008, 02:06 AM

I keep all my doodles and commishies in the same sketchbook, when I do decide to go traditional.

Usually, I work digitally though. IT save paper and space! XD

Miss Degausser

Old 02-11-2008, 05:25 AM

I've kept all of my artwork in a giant suitcase since I was around five years old. I'm almost twenty now, so, I have quite the pile.

It's always fun to go back and look how you've progressed. Some of the stuff I drew back in grade school. Gah! And I thought it was good too.

Sethirius
*^_^*

Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 AM

Well I have a bunch folders, that I store my art in. I even print out my digital pieces. I have about six or seven folders, all organized. Sometimes I'll show them to people if they ask, but otherwise they just stay in a drawer collecting dust.

moonhail
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-12-2008, 08:20 AM

If it's not in my scetchbook, I stick it in my art binder. I like to keep my art in case I ever need it for anything. I recycle doodles and drawings I don't like.

Youn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 PM

I stuff everything I draw on paper in a folder and pray that they will never again see the light of day in public. XD
Nah, usually I just put them somewhere and forget about them. Digital drawings are easier to keep a record over since you can order them by name (and they don't take up as much physical space) so I usually try to scan most of my drawings and archieve them in a special folder on my computer. I rarely look back on them unless I can avoid it, though.

Wrenja
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:38 PM

I keep mine in the sketch book I draw them in, or if it's on loose leaf paper, I have a drawer dedicated for art stuff, it'll just go in there. I like to keep the things I draw because it shows me how far I've come from when I started.

I mean, don't get me wrong, if i'm just doodling, it'll probably get thrown away unless I'm really impressed with it, then it gets taped or glued into my sketch book, cause I'm weird like that :s

I have a hard time letting go of things I've created in general. I always have people asking to buy jewelry or art I've made and I have the worst time letting it go. I'm a huge packrat, and I suppose that plays into it as well. I should probably try to fix that, because I could probably make a fair amount of money getting rid of some of this stuff xP

Solin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Solin

Old 02-15-2008, 03:12 AM

The better ones I keep in my portfolio, the others I still keep, but they aren't as protected as some of the others. Most of them (the traditionally done ones anyway) are not scanned because they're to big. .__.;

Gamersdreams
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM

I keep all of them, horrid or not. I have them in a binder in those plastic cover things. :3

Nacht
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 10:49 PM

I upload my pictures online and blind people with them on various sites. :3

dichromaticbeagle
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to dichromaticbeagle Send a message via Yahoo to dichromaticbeagle

Old 02-16-2008, 05:10 AM

I guess I do the same thing as Nacht.

I upload them so I can have a soft copy of it just in case I lose the original artwork. And, to those I really find appropriate to post, I post them on my deviantArt account. :)

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-16-2008, 10:15 PM

I usually scan them in stages, and then keep them in my folder. x3 It's a pretty purple one! (Like, 5 cents. But still~)

I take them out every once in a while to look at the dates, and see how much better I've gotten (or worse. D: ) and boost my enthusiasm~

Sometimes I even recolor the lineart versions. :3

divinepanic
Send a message via MSN to divinepanic

Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM

I keep them, as I don't have a scanner... yet...

I only keep the decent ones, and let the bad ones float all over the house.....

Tresh
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Tresh

Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 PM

I'm a prolific artist, and sadly, I'm also a pack rat. I have art in a huge container in my closet (we're talking one of those big plastic ones that are used to store things like christmas decorations), and I have them stuffed in my drawers, and I have my entertainment stand stuffed with them, and they're all over my desk and my floor.

It's very rare for me to do good, high-quality work, but when I do, I have a large plastic portfolio for that. Most of my stuff, I just don't care about it once I scan it and post it.

I keep it just to look at on days when I'm bored. Or to research how a character of mine has progressed since I began drawing, lol.

It's always a boost to see how much I've improved over the years, so it's a good thing to keep old art around. ^__^

Nixete
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Nixete

Old 02-22-2008, 05:45 AM

I haves my own little folder.
I most liekly ink them anyways even if its horrid~
[KEEP THEM AS XMAS PRESSIES TO YER LITTLE SIBLINGS]

*cheapocough* 8)