Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-03-2016, 10:41 PM

I thought it was kind of stupid the way they distributed hoopa. For one thing having it through McDonald's and another having to go through the Nintendo zone software, which was discontinued. I mean really? How is that supposed to work out? So I unfortunately wasn't able to get hoopa.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 12:38 AM

Where do you live??
I got mine from a gameshop (which they always distribute them through there).
And it was in the form of a code.

I'm a powersaver I can copy one if you want one?

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Yay!! Pokemon!! We love Pokemon in my house.

---------- Post added 02-04-2016 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
I thought it was kind of stupid the way they distributed hoopa. For one thing having it through McDonald's and another having to go through the Nintendo zone software, which was discontinued. I mean really? How is that supposed to work out? So I unfortunately wasn't able to get hoopa.
I agree, we had to try twice for my son to get Hoopa on his Ruby game. The second time we went to different McDonalds and ended up getting it. It was hard to figure it out though! I dont exactly remember how he ended up getting it. I wish I had taken my DS though and gotten one too.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 08:09 PM

llonka - Welcome welcome! :)
I don't know why it was so difficult for you guys to retrieve your hoopas.
We got ours in the form of codes, and just went through the receive gift via code thingy on your ds.
Easy pesy!! But apparently the new mew codes are causing some trouble here.
But why were they distributed through mc donalds? So bizzare lol

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Hmm we didn't have a code thinger-mah-bob. lol. and thanks for the welcome!

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 08:17 PM

Hmm how interesting lol.
Make sure you get the mew this month then! :)

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 09:31 PM

Cool, how does one get the Mew?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-05-2016, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Umbreon is my favourite pokemon lol
Nivvy actually did an art for me of umbreon :)

As far as I know they register? They come up with a red star which means they are shinny.
Its rare to encounter them in game. But theres a few things you can do to increase your chances. But now with the new 3ds they have that tracking thing which makes it easier.
Yeah true, but little grey eevee can turn into any shiny eevee. So she's amazeballs! :P
I've never actually had an Umbreon to battle with, but the coloring wasn't appealing to me - I like the Shiny version better though

Ohhh!! I've tried using that tracking thing! I didn't think about that showing the differences - now I'll have to try it out - I'm finished with the game other than my Pokedex anyways!! :D

Aww that's true - Eevee is always super amazeballs!! <3

Also! I found my DS in my storm of a room (was in the middle of rearranging my room before the stuff with Gram happened) but my charger is either missing or my brother has it since his broke, which means it might as well be lost lol I'm hoping to look tomorrow for it and if I can't find it I'll just order one - faster than asking my brother for it xD;
Then we can exchange friend codes!! :D

Speaking of, I think it would be cool to have a post on the main page for people's friend codes if they want to share it! That way we can all get connected!

---------- Post added 02-04-2016 at 10:56 PM ----------

Also - do I hear talk of codes?? I totally forgot about those!! I haven't gotten any since before school started over the summer!

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 02-05-2016 at 03:57 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-05-2016, 04:01 AM

Shiny Umbreon is my favorite Eeveeolution. Didn't Gary have one in the anime?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-05-2016, 04:40 AM

Hmm - I don't remember - I think he did have an Eevee though so it's totally possible!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-05-2016, 04:49 AM

o. Nope. He had an Eevee which evolved into an Umbreon, but it was not shiny.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-05-2016, 05:04 AM

I wonder if any Shiny Pokemon exist in the Anime or if they're just in the games?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-05-2016, 05:06 AM

Shinies exist in the anime. There was a shiny Butterfree that Ash's Butterfree fell in love with. :3

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-05-2016, 10:12 AM

I think nintendo just has different ways of distribution for different countries.

I'm not always able to get every pokemon they release. It's mostly the ones that get released by code through gamestop that I can't get. The closest one to me is just over an hours drive away. So it'll be hard to try and get the ones they're releasing that way for pokemons 20th. I believe mews the first one, later this month I believe.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-06-2016, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Shinies exist in the anime. There was a shiny Butterfree that Ash's Butterfree fell in love with. :3
I don't recall them - yet I remember his Butterfree falling in love though lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
I think nintendo just has different ways of distribution for different countries.

I'm not always able to get every pokemon they release. It's mostly the ones that get released by code through gamestop that I can't get. The closest one to me is just over an hours drive away. So it'll be hard to try and get the ones they're releasing that way for pokemons 20th. I believe mews the first one, later this month I believe.
I know what you mean - mine was over 2 hours away but luckily a gamestop just opened up locally last year! Although I haven't gotten any pokemon since summer though
I can't remember the link to the website that was announcing them for every country though - didn't they have codes to type in at one point too vs just store codes?

Roachi: - Can't find my charger but I have a half a battery on my DS! I've been trying to get the internet connected but it's not working - so I'll get my friend code later xD; I swear, I've been having so much trouble with this thing!!
Oh! When I turned on my DS I remembered I got Alpha Sapphire for Christmas when it came out and my brother got Omega Ruby! I haven't played that one too much though lol

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 02-06-2016 at 01:42 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-06-2016, 01:24 AM

It was cute! They gave him a ribbon to try ad make him look more appealing. xD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-06-2016, 01:45 AM

Lol! I'm totally remembering this episode content the more you talk about it but I still can't picture the shiny!! I think I need to rewatch the series on Netflix lmao I started to and then school started in August and I forgot all about it!

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-06-2016, 11:48 AM

I think Netflix just took down a bunch of seasons of pokemon . It was on the list of all the shows and movies that were done running this month. They took off doctor who as well. There was a good amount of other shows ending as well.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-06-2016, 04:28 PM

Whaaat. They took down Pokemon and Doctor Who? My willingness to subscribe has gone down like 50%. :I

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-06-2016, 04:38 PM

That stinks. My boys like watching Pokemon on Netflix. :(

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-07-2016, 02:29 AM

Seriously?? Ugh. Why does Netflix do this? If they put something on their service, it shouldn't be time limited. It should just be there. This is why they're getting crap lately for their services. I didn't realize it had gotten removed. I wonder if Hulu picked it up - it might fall under their Anime category!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 02-07-2016, 03:36 AM

*idly wonders if anyone's ever seen a shiny Sylveon*

I should get back into Pokemon, but I've got too many games on my plate right now, lol.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-07-2016, 03:43 AM

I have not. But now I'm curious so Imma go look for one.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 07:51 PM ----------

Aw, it has blue earsies. Its cute.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 02-07-2016, 03:53 AM

I always wondered why they called them "shinies".

Maybe because "palette swap" wasn't quite as interesting?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-07-2016, 04:00 AM

I've wondered that too! They're not really metallic or shiny lol I wonder if it's a translation thing since it originates from Japan?

Also - Shiny Sylveon is so darn adorable oh my goodness - and I thought I loved the pastel coloring of the original!!