Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 01-07-2018, 09:43 PM

I used to have many, many accounts too on Gaia... XD I joined that site I think back in 2006 and I remember I was pretty damn young too. I logged in at school during one of our IT lessons and someone saw me and asked me what site I was on which led to to the WHOLE class joining

Hm, I remember I was a frequent user on Habbo Hotel too, it's not predominately an avatar site but mostly a virtual social platform that lets you meet friends, chat, decorate rooms and just hang out in the multitude of public and user-created rooms. I don't visit anymore as it's changed very much and has gone downhill. Too many trolls and meh people on there.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-07-2018, 11:32 PM

Someone sent me a gift on recolor.me, but I don't know who it was from...
And also, someone replied to a thread I made, but when I go to see who replied, I don't see anything??? D:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2018, 01:15 AM

recolor.me is so strange. I get gifts fairly often, though it's lessened recently. I don't know what's up with that since I only know like, two people there. XD But I mean, totally random users can send gifts too so I've just decided that it's a thing that happens.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-08-2018, 01:55 AM

@Mikio: I joined Gaia in 2005! Oy, it's kind of bleak how it seems to be such a ghost town now...

I was ALSO a Habbo Hotel user. I think I probably joined that between 2005/06 too, same with IMVU. Between those two, Habbo was without a doubt my favorite but I feel like I'd completely aged out of it by the time I was 18. Unfortunate, because it was fun for so many idle reasons - like wandering the halls of those massive main public rooms with friends, just for giggles... and I loved some of the user-run games like Costume Change to bits. I also always found the flourishing of those army/salon/etc. RP 'businesses' to be such a unique niche of internet culture that I never saw in any other game. Ahhh, Habbo! When it was good, it was good!

Kory

Old 01-08-2018, 04:12 AM

I remember Habbo Hotel! :D
I didn't use it as frequently as IMVU, though. IMVU was weird at first, then it got better when they introduced "group" chats, then it got slowly worse because suddenly everyone had to have the best everything, so it got to the point where it wasn't fun anymore unless you paid money to get a better avatar or paid to buy all the extra features. :c

---------- Post added 01-07-2018 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
recolor.me is so strange. I get gifts fairly often, though it's lessened recently. I don't know what's up with that since I only know like, two people there. XD But I mean, totally random users can send gifts too so I've just decided that it's a thing that happens.
That IS strange! :o
I just received the one thing on my wishlist... But I don't know anyone on recolor.me, so I was like, "wtf?!"

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-08-2018, 04:19 AM

Omg, IMVU got group chats!? D: Wowza.

I definitely didn't play IMVU past 2007/08ish so it seems like a totally different ballgame now. Gah.

So many good sites, though, so little time. D: Really strange to sit and think about how many of these are so old in reality. Like, who knew these wouldn't be so easily steamrolled over a decade or more?

For example, it totally boggles my mind that Neopets is still going strong. Neopets was my gateway to all this, all that long time ago!

Kory

Old 01-08-2018, 05:05 AM

Yeah! :D They were really fun too! I was more of an active IMVU user around 2007, then I left, then came back in 2009-2010 and they had group chats! :D It was so much fun! But after a while, it got to the point where they kept adding new features, like music that you can play in the backgrounds of the chats, but the music cost extra currency... I don't know what else they added since 2010, I stopped using IMVU around that time. :c

Ohh! I remember Neopets. :D I didn't really get into it, though... I never liked the idea of having an internet "pet" and having to take care of it every day. D; I never had the money to feed my neopet, so I always got free omelets.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Oh an compete sounds very good to me right now

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 01-09-2018, 03:27 PM

...huh

or did you get hit by autocorrect?

Tom Hiddleston
Adorably Profound

Old 01-09-2018, 07:23 PM

I think hummy meant omelet

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-09-2018, 07:49 PM

How does that even get autocorrected that way? This sentence does not make any sense now. Yes I was saying omelette because it made me hungry.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2018, 10:22 PM

I'd take an omelette any day as long as someone else made it for me. Mine never come out right.

I think I tried IMVU once, but I couldn't get into it. Wasn't sure how to actually get money and I'm too nervous to talk to strangers in that kind of format. Had fun for a couple days though before I gave up.

Kory

Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 PM

IMVU didn't really have a way for people to earn money...
It was either you did offers or paid for it yourself. Which, is a drag really... :c

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-10-2018, 01:46 AM

Yeah, I find that pretty harsh. At least offer some way to get basic stuff without real cash. I figured there would be other activities when I joined.

Kory

Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 PM

I agree, that was one of the reasons why I didn't stay on IMVU. :(
I noticed that a lot of people also bought their usernames and it was annoying because if you didn't buy your username, you were always known as a "Guest_(username)".

So it was always obvious that you didn't spend money on your avatar. :(

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2018, 12:49 AM

Oh? I didn't event notice that. Dang. So money hungry to even buy usernames!

Btw, has anyone ever been on Second Life?

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-12-2018, 03:10 AM

sailor star rainbow on gaia and if I add neopets I'm sailormoonfan1992. I can't recall all the sites I'm on. but I use to use gaia a lot back in my high school years. still use neopets if anyone wants to add me as a friend. on either site please send a pm are comment letting me know. how you are for mene pretty please

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 01-12-2018, 05:03 AM

egad, Neopets, lol.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 01-12-2018, 11:16 AM

@ Facade:

Hahaha I also loveddddd the old public rooms and hallways, there were so many before! I remember being one of those hallway weirdos. I also loved the games in the rooms, like, was it battleship? And also tic tac toe. They scrapped that tho and took the hallways and also the other fun public rooms like the Japanese zen garden area and club mammoth where I always hung out XD
I also miss the pools and the diving area and all the old games like battle ball and snowstorm. Yeah. It was a good time and people were much more friendlier back then. Or, at least I found it easier to make friends before XD

I never tried IMVU :o though I've heard of it lots. I didn't like downloading stuff to my computer, still don't lol and just stick to browser based games.

@ Kat: No, never tried SecondLife either for the reason above haha

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-12-2018, 04:43 PM

Gaia - faerie graveyard
Subeta - happilyeverafter

Annnd those are the only other sites I'm using atm besides facebook, but if you wanna be on my fb, you gotta be mah friend~~
Add me to the front page, if ya like.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Mikio: IMVU didn't require any downloading though. What little I played was all online.

I only ask about Second Life though because I've always kinda wanted to do a project of living out one of my characters instead of playing as me. I just don't know how possible it would be without spending real money.

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 01-13-2018, 11:22 AM

@ Kat : oh really? I didn't know that. I thought you had to. You have to now, at least. All my friends would download it *shrugs*

You should. That sounds fun. I always eventually spend money on all the games/websites I visit and enjoy XD it's too hard to control myself.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 01-13-2018, 01:31 PM

Hello. ^.^ I am on Gaia, Solia, Zantarni, Trisphee, and Bentewee. I use the same name for my main account on all those sites.

I have not been back to Neopets in a very long time. The last time I was there to check things out it was pretty confusing.

Kory

Old 01-13-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikio View Post
@ Kat : oh really? I didn't know that. I thought you had to. You have to now, at least. All my friends would download it *shrugs*

You should. That sounds fun. I always eventually spend money on all the games/websites I visit and enjoy XD it's too hard to control myself.
Back when I joined, around 2009, you had to download IMVU.
I remember because I tried to get my friend to join, but she didn't want to download it. :c

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-13-2018, 05:48 PM

I am on recolor.me, but I hadn't been there in several months...till I noticed it mentioned here...
I usually just go there to change my avi and play the games...since I can't play the gsmes here on my tablet or phone.
What is your name on recolor.me, Ava?